RosalieTCeltics
jeb
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

hard to watch - Page 3 Empty Re: hard to watch

Post by Outside Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:22 pm

I appreciate the comments.

As I've said on other occasions, I generally like Doc as a coach. I am aware that the practices are intense and that KG, Ray, and Paul drive that intensity. I just think a critical factor in maximizing the team's chances for success is Doc's ability to manage that intensity in practice and the veterans' desire to practice more and play more.

As I think about it, my guess is that Doc saying what he did to the media is one way for him to get the point across to the players that they can't expend too much energy in practice at the expense of the games. My guess is that he'll dial them back in practice, not in the intensity level, but in the amount of time spent at that intensity level. He said it in the media to help him when he deals with it in practice. It's probably all just part of his process for doing what I'm saying he should do.

If he fails to manage it properly over the course of the season, then I can consider it a failure on his part. But you're right, I was too quick to pass judgment on the situation. I'll assume he's dealing with it and won't let it become a problem.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:48 pm

Outside,

We'll see how it goes. Doc's certainly not perfect. One important factor is that there are many rotation players that need to be integrated into some cohesive whole. And a fairly full complement of players is needed for that purpose—not just to provide the requisite number but also so they'll all get to know one another better. It must be frustrating not to be able to involve everyone.

HOWEVER, it seems to me that a lot of what has ailed this team during the losses could be pointed out through video work, which required no exertion (except perhaps to the eyes and the psyches). In all the Celtics practices I've attended, scrimmages were the least effective element in terms of learning processes. Less demanding run-throughs were far more productive. (Film wasn't such a factor back in those days, but I'll be it's also very useful nowadays.)

So, if I were watching a coach critically, it would be to chastise him if he assumes HARD scrimmages are the best ways to correct problems.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by KellyGreen17 Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:43 pm

Kleen I hear you, and I understand why you might be frustrated that something you feel will never happen has been mentioned by several posters. You might be right, maybe we'll never see Sheed play the majority of a game on the block. That doesn't make it less of a "real discussion". Just the fact that more than one person has expressed that they want to see it would indicated that it is a legit topic. I don't believe that we'll ever see Wade in green, but it doesn't stop me from fantasizing about it!

Anyway, I won't harp on it anymore and I'm really not trying to stir things up. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one Smile
KellyGreen17
KellyGreen17

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:27 pm

Geez...I posted a response here earlier and then missed the rest of the debate. I would think there's enough on this subject to start a new topic on KG and Wallace posting up. Then again we've likely exhausted it here.

Bottom line for me since I'm late to the debate; it's a team game and you contribute skills you have that are needed (hmmm..didn't Russ say that).

Wallace should still have ability in the post and it's what we need right now, not that he's going to spend a lifetime on the block either. Offensively, KG has always had lapses where he shoots from outside his range; nothing to do with his knee. Friends in Minneapolis used to gripe about it all the time.

Hey, don't get me wrong, these are two great players. I just think they've still both got the physical ability to contribute different things we need right now and might be encouraged to do so.

My $.02.

Good topic to debate, however it started.

Knowledgeable and opinionated posters here.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3