Opportunity Will Come For Brooks

3 posters

Go down

Opportunity Will Come For Brooks Empty Opportunity Will Come For Brooks

Post by bobheckler Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:37 am

Marshon, that is...

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4707847/opportunity-will-come-for-brooks

Opportunity will come for Brooks
November, 1, 2013
NOV 1 8:45 AM ET
By Chris Forsberg | ESPNBoston.com

WALTHAM, Mass. -- The Boston Celtics let the midnight deadline to trigger the fourth-year option on MarShon Brooks lapse, setting the player up to be a an unrestricted free agent this summer.

Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge said earlier this week the team needed to evaluate Brooks over the course of the 2013-14 season to determine if he has a future here. Despite not appearing in Wednesday's season-opener, first-year coach Brad Stevens reaffirmed Thursday that Brooks will get a chance to prove himself on the court moving forward.

"I told MarShon [Thursday]... 'Don’t get down and don’t measure your progress or your confidence based on how much you play right now. Because his opportunity is right around the corner.'" said Stevens. "I think he’ll do well when that opportunity comes. He’s been much better the last two weeks of practice, and you’ve seen it in spurts, where he can really score the basketball. And I think there’s things that he can really work on.

"But I told him, if I had to give my evaluation of MarShon, I’d say, ‘Really improving, and easy to coach.’ I think if those two things stay the same, he’s going to be in good shape."

Brooks played only 76 minutes in six preseason appearances. The team option was for $2.2 million, but that was too steep for Boston without first seeing how Brooks meshes in Boston. He was acquired as part of the summer blockbuster with the Brooklyn Nets.

bob
MY NOTE:  If he comes around (translation:  learns how to do something besides scoring one-on-one) then great.  If not, we're positioned to either trade him as an expiring contract or jettison him completely next year.  Smart move by Danny.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Opportunity Will Come For Brooks Empty Re: Opportunity Will Come For Brooks

Post by Outside Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:31 am

I'll be shocked if he's here next year.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:45 pm

Brooks is outside the bubble. I can't see them bringing him back when they really want to clear up cap space.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down