gyso
k_j_88
bobheckler
9 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Best Tweets Of The Day - Page 6 Empty Re: Best Tweets Of The Day

Post by k_j_88 Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:44 pm

Evan does not need to play PG when Rondo's out. We've got Pressey and Smart for that. Instead, he can probably get minutes behind Bradley and Green. He'll get his fair share.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:45 pm

k_j_88 wrote:Evan does not need to play PG when Rondo's out. We've got Pressey and Smart for that. Instead, he can probably get minutes behind Bradley and Green. He'll get his fair share.

KJ

KJ,

In a Spurs-like offense everybody touches the ball. Evan Turner is MUCH better in the half AND full court, WITH and without the ball, than he is in a without-the-ball "catch-and-shoot" in the half court ala Ray Allen. He's a runner and he's got a quick first step for PnRs. I'm ok with Bradley and Smart running the wings with the ball with Turner in the middle. Or Turner starts it, gives it up at half court (to Pressey or Smart) and then gets it back. A lot of 3s won't be able to keep up with him and, if he has the ball they'll be watching him and not Smart.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:56 pm

Someone's got to function as the floor general during the many time when a fast break is not possible and they're not using a motion offense.  (I believe the motion offense won't be anything like their exclusive half court system, especially at the beginning of the season.)  The question is not so much how Turner or Pressey or Smart of anyone else can operate in the fast break or motion offense.  It's who can best operate as the floor general in other offensive situations.  Smart and Turner have to prove they can fill the bill.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:12 pm

10/1/14

Win

Ben Rohrbach @brohrbach about 40 minutes ago
Brad Stevens calls Evan Turner "as good of a pick-and-roll player as we have" outside of Rondo. From @julianedlow: bit.ly/1nLA4HC

Reply Retweet Favorite

Place

Buddy Grizzard @BuddyGrizzard 4 minutes ago
I don't see how the 76ers are ranked 18th here insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id… (Insider) with Nerlens, Embiid and MCW.

Reply Retweet Favorite

MY NOTE:  More proof that ESPNers are idiots.  Nerlens has yet to play a game and Embiid might miss half the season.  The arrogance of thinking that they can translate a year or two of college ball into the NBA game.

Show

Nick Friedell @NickFriedell 3 minutes ago
Noah on weather, relating to Gasol's choice: "It's brutal. So when you're used to the beach every day, to pick the polar vortex says a lot.

Reply Retweet Favorite

Diamond Leung @diamond83 about 7 minutes ago
Klay Thompson told Warriors TV: "It's why I don't want to leave the Bay. It's too good. It's too nice out here."

Reply Retweet Favorite
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:11 pm

10/2/14

Win

Jay King @ByJayKing about 24 minutes ago
Stevens on boosting on-ball aggression: "our perimeter athleticism is one of our strengths."

A. Sherrod Blakely @SherrodbCSN 1 hour ago
Perimeter 'd' will be one of the #Celtics' strengths this year. Look for them to be more aggressive on pick and rolls, says Brad Stevens.

MY NOTE:  Considering the way we got absolutely KILLED on PnR defense, or lack thereof, that is probably a very good thing.

Place

Ben Rohrbach @brohrbach about 3 hours ago
Ainge says both Rondo and the Celtics need to prove to each other that they're worth investing in for the future.

Reply Retweet Favorite

Ainge says he and Rondo have discussed players they'd like to target. "The problem is all 30 teams want those guys."

Reply Retweet Favorite

Show

Danny Ainge on Larry Bird's trash talk: "Mainly, he did out of boredom." Didn't do it as much in the playoffs.

Reply Retweet Favorite

MY NOTE:  This is funny

Honorary Mention

Steve Popper @StevePopper about 7 minutes ago
Most important from Melo - said he'd never insult the Knicks beat writers.

Reply Retweet Favorite

MY NOTE:  Fortunately for me I don't have to live with them, so I can insult them to my heart's delight.  They're idiots who will write about complete unsubstantiated and unrealistic garbage just to fill column inches.  No problem, Melo.  Anytime you need me to ghost write for you, lemme know...

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:47 pm

It's significant that Danny and Rondo talked about possible acquisitions, if for no other reason than giving Rajon a sense of psychic investment in the team.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:37 pm

bobheckler wrote:
KJ,

In a Spurs-like offense everybody touches the ball.  Evan Turner is MUCH better in the half AND full court, WITH and without the ball, than he is in a without-the-ball "catch-and-shoot" in the half court ala Ray Allen.  He's a runner and he's got a quick first step for PnRs.  I'm ok with Bradley and Smart running the wings with the ball with Turner in the middle.   Or Turner starts it, gives it up at half court (to Pressey or Smart) and then gets it back.  A lot of 3s won't be able to keep up with him and, if he has the ball they'll be watching him and not Smart.

bob

The motion offense won't be run every single play, though. I think we'll see a consistent mixture of motion and a regular, PG-centric half court offense. Sure, Turner will have some time to handle the ball, I anticipate that. But I'd rather see Smart gain reps as a PG, and I want to see the energetic output that Pressey has.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:38 pm

10/6/14 - The Rich Get Richer and the fat get fatter Edition

Win

Kurt Helin @basketballtalk about 52 minutes ago
Salary cap could jump from $63 million to $91 million with new TV deal, league wants to “smooth in” increase dlvr.it/76vzVH

Reply Retweet Favorite

Paul Flannery @Pflanns about 3 hours ago
"I'm the world's great businessman." -- Every NBA owner right now.

Paul Flannery @Pflanns about 3 hours ago
"But we're losing soooooo much money." -- Every NBA owner during next CBA negotiations.

Reply Retweet Favorite

Place

Steve Bulpett @SteveBHoop 05 Oct 10:32 ET
NBA's new TV deal will reportedly be nearly three times larger... and suddenly Avery Bradley's contract doesn't look so crazy.

Reply Retweet Favorite

MY NOTE:  Danny Ainge, future thinker

Show

Andrew Keh @andrewkeh about 6 minutes ago
"I talked to Sheed the other day," Kevin Garnett said. "He was at home, on the couch, being fat."

Reply Retweet Favorite

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:49 pm

10/7/14

Win

Jay King @ByJayKing about 7 hours ago
What's Marcus Thornton's favorite spot to score from? "Anywhere. Put me anywhere out there."

Reply Retweet Favorite

Place

Jay King @ByJayKing 06 Oct 10:31 ET
Olynyk asked what he's learned about Evan Turner. "Like, a fun fact? Like that his favorite animal is turtles or something?"

Reply Retweet Favorite

Show

Jay King @ByJayKing 06 Oct 10:36 ET
Turner: "I don't think anybody's a genius if they stick me in the corner to shoot 3s."

Reply Retweet Favorite

MY NOTE:  Turner's only fgm outside of the paint was a corner 3.

Honorary Mentions

Thornton liked Rondo's competitiveness during offseason. "He wants to win every drill. Things get a little chippy out there."

Reply Retweet Favorite

Steve Bulpett @SteveBHoop about 6 hours ago
Vegas expecting Celts to improve this season. Bovada has them pegged for 26.5 wins -- a 1.5-victory leap. #everybodydrink

Reply Retweet Favorite

MY NOTE:  Take the over.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:54 pm

Celtics should get 30+ wins this year. This team is better than last year's. All that's needed is more time to gel with the new additions.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:52 pm

10/14/14:  Grinding Edition

Win

Abby Chin @tvabby about 38 minutes ago
Phil Pressey working in his floater before #Celtics practice. #grinding http://t.co/JbYhH3pd9R

Reply Retweet Favorite

Best Tweets Of The Day - Page 6 Bz60KoLIEAA9Jq9

Scott Souza @scott_souza 57 minutes ago
#Celtics center Tyler Zeller out early before practice working with assistant coach Walter McCarty. http://t.co/yFZctocFno

Best Tweets Of The Day - Page 6 Bz6vt3UCEAEgxom

Place

Jay King @ByJayKing 13 Oct 01:30 ET
Part of reason Smart should have big role, per Stevens: "You're inevitably drawn to guys that do the right thing over and over and over."

Reply Retweet Favorite

Show

Jay King @ByJayKing 13 Oct 12:02 ET
Rondo out here dribbling easily with his injured hand.

Reply Retweet Favorite

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:27 am

Rondo seems to have developed great confidence in that floater.  It's a nice complement to the drive and back-handed right-hand flip off the board.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:47 pm

10/30/14

Win

Jay King @ByJayKing about 5 hours ago
Sullinger: ball movement "is going to be our best friend throughout this year,"

Reply Retweet Favorite

Place

Jay King @ByJayKing about 4 hours ago
Last night, Rondo said he admires Tony Parker's off-ball work. Today, Stevens discussed some of what that might mean. masslive.com/celtics/index.…

Reply Retweet Favorite

Show

A. Sherrod Blakely @SherrodbCSN about 6 minutes ago
"I don't know why y'all keep showing the Lakers? This ain't the 2000s anymore. Quit showing the Lakers TNT! ESPN!" - Charles Barkley.

Reply Retweet Favorite

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:00 pm

3/2/15

Win

Gary Dzen @GaryDzen about 7 hours ago
I don't know how they've done it, but the Celtics have become must-see TV.

Reply Retweet Favorite

Place

Jay King
Jay King @ByJayKing 01 Mar 10:47 ET
Notes: Bass says crowd "kind of felt like old times," GSW small lineup changes the game, Thomas on last shot masslive.com/celtics/index.…

Chris Forsberg @ESPNForsberg about 9 hours ago
Thomas: "It was one of those games I used to watch on TV when [KG] + those guys were here.” (es.pn/1M1ag0a) http://t.co/8dApvMiEit

Show

Brian Robb @CelticsHub 7 hours ago
The last team to take that many shots in a non-OT game? Don Nelson's 2007-08 Warriors took 110 against the Sonics in April 2008.

Brian Robb @CelticsHub about 7 hours ago
The Celtics took 109 shots in last night's loss. That's the most shots taken by an NBA team a non-OT game dating back to April 2008(!).

Honorary Mentions

Isaiah Thomas @Isaiah_Thomas about 18 hours ago
Just watched film! Damn we had that one... Short memory though, on 2 the nxt 1!
(MY NOTE:  Love the winning attitude and focus on the next game.  No emotional letdown.  That's Brad)

Jonathan Feigen @Jonathan_Feigen now
Rockets star James Harden handed one-game suspension for kicking LeBron James blog.chron.com/ultimaterocket…

Ethan J. Skolnick @EthanJSkolnick about 6 minutes ago
Mentioned to Dwyane Wade that James Harden got a 1-game suspension. He laughed, said he had no stake in it,
(MY NOTE:  Yeah, sure)

Eli Savoie @Eli560 about 12 minutes ago
A suspension for James Harden for the groin kick. I'm surprised they went that far but glad they did. Can't be kicking guys in the jewels

Chris Fedor @ChrisFedor about 10 minutes ago
Would've been so much better if the NBA's release stated that James Harden kicked LeBron James in the nuts.  
(MY NOTE:  Well, now we know how to make LBJ miss clutch free throws.  Who is going to take one, or give one, for the team if we meet them tonight?)

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:06 pm

3/3/15

Win

Chris Forsberg @ESPNForsberg about 13 minutes ago
Brad Stevens halftime speech? “Luigi, get loose.” Cavs lead Celtics 61-36 at intermission.

MY NOTE:  Positively prescient.

Place

Stevens on playing Cleveland now: "We started Rondo, Jeff, Sully and Kelly" the last time.

Show

Sean Grande @SeanGrandePBP about 17 minutes ago
Not quite Willis Reed, but Love emerges from the tunnel with 6:00 to spare. You know you're late when you're 10 minutes behind J.R. Smith.

Reply Retweet Favorite

Honorable Mention

Avery Bradley on Perk playing with LeBron now: "I'm pretty sure it's weird for him too."

Reply Retweet Favorite

Tom Halzack @TomHalzack 1 minute ago
Celtics' Dream Machine has crash landed. Cavs lead 91-52. Searching for survivors now. #celtics

Reply Retweet Favorite

Chris Forsberg @ESPNForsberg about 5 minutes ago
Green Kool-Aid view: If Cavs surge to 2nd or 3rd seed in East, 8th-seeded Celtics wouldn't see them until conference finals. (Cavs up 40)

Reply Retweet Favorite

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:02 pm

3/5/15

Win

Sean Grande @SeanGrandePBP about 1 hour ago
JaVale McGee will be the 23rd player to play for the Celtics this year. A new franchise record.

Reply Retweet Favorite

Chris Forsberg @ESPNForsberg 2 hours ago
When McGee makes Celtics debut, team will break franchise record for game players in one season (23). Will be Boston’s 41st roster player.

Reply Retweet Favorite

Brian Robb @CelticsHub 1 hour ago
Brad Stevens should look for a bonus clause in his next deal for the number of players he has to coach. McGee will be his 41st of season.

Reply Retweet Favorite

Place

Rich Levine @rich_levine about 2 hours ago
Hope Ainge can finalize this deal in time for JaVale to shut down The Brow tomorrow night.

MY NOTE:  If McGee does that I will get down on my knees and kowtow endlessly.  This is not an offer I would make if I thought it actually had a chance of happening.

Show

Rich Levine @rich_levine about 2 hours ago
Evan Turner + Javale McGee can't be allowed to sit w/in 10 lockers in the locker room, 15 rows on team plane + 5 floors in the team hotel.

Reply Retweet Favorite

MY NOTE:  Uh-oh.  What's this about?

Honorary Mentions
Jay King @ByJayKing 58 minutes ago
Finally, the Celtics are acquiring someone who only tweets in self-retweet form.

MY NOTE:  I have no idea what this means.  I'm so old...

Gary Dzen @GaryDzen about 1 hour ago
Does a Wahlberg really have to insert himself into every Boston sports moment? can we have one Wahlberg-free day?

Reply Retweet Favorite
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:58 pm

Bob, I can't find any record of enmity between McGee and Turner.  Maybe it's an arcane reference to the fact that both are considered reclamation enigmas?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:10 pm

bobheckler wrote:Rich Levine @rich_levine about 2 hours ago
Evan Turner + Javale McGee can't be allowed to sit w/in 10 lockers in the locker room, 15 rows on team plane + 5 floors in the team hotel.

Reply Retweet Favorite

MY NOTE: Uh-oh. What's this about?

I think it's fairly harmless. My take is that he's just referring to JaVale's penchant for boneheaded plays. It's similar to my flippant comment on another thread asking whether someone with a negative basketball IQ can infect the other players on the team. I don't think he's a cancer in the locker room or anything like that.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:09 pm

3/9/15

Win

Steve Bulpett @SteveBHoop 08 Mar 10:29 ET
More Datome: "I felt good today on the court. I feel good with my teammates. I love the system. I can see myself very good in it."

Reply Retweet Favorite

Steve Bulpett @SteveBHoop 08 Mar 10:28 ET
Gigi gets his chance (10p/9:33): "I would never complain with coach. I just try to be a positive teammate and be ready for my opportunity."

Reply Retweet Favorite

Place

Marc D'Amico @celtics 08 Mar 08:37 ET
Brad Stevens: "Anytime you play one good quarter and get crushed the other three quarters... It's going to be a long night."

Reply Retweet Favorite

Show

Tom Halzack @TomHalzack 08 Mar 08:30 ET
The unpredictability of Isaiah Thomas is becoming more predicable. Cs need to adjust a bit. They lose to Magic. #celtics #IsaiahThomas

Sean Grande @SeanGrandePBP 08 Mar 08:28 ET
MOST POINTS, FIRST NINE GAMES WITH CELTICS Isaiah Thomas 189 Kevin Garnett 187 Ray Allen 184 Bailey Howell 183

Reply Retweet Favorite

MY NOTE: I don't know what's so special about 9 games, vs 10 or 11 or 12. It's not divisible by anything that is relevant (e.g. 82)

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:43 pm

Hail GiGi.  I bet a shootout between him and James Young would be very interesting.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:02 pm

3/10/15

Win

Marc D'Amico @celtics 09 Mar 10:23 ET
"Tired" is a big excuse in the NBA, says Stevens. He says his team doesn't make excuses. That's why they've been successful in back-to-backs

Reply Retweet Favorite

Place

Jay King @ByJayKing about 18 hours ago
Things you notice while rewatching Cs broadcast: Tommy Heinsohn comparing Gigi Datome to the puzzle piece that was lost under the covers.

Reply Retweet Favorite

MY NOTE:  Tommy, the ultimate homie.

Show

Jessica Camerato @JCameratoNBA about 10 hours ago
Kwame Brown, picked no. 1 in 2001 over Tyson Chandler and Pau Gasol, is 33 today.

Reply Retweet Favorite

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:32 pm

3/17/15

Win

Jay King @ByJayKing 19 hours ago
Stevens called Cs "connected" tonight. Often a term he uses to describe good teams. Not sure I'd ever heard him use it about his own team.

Reply Retweet Favorite

Place

Ben Rohrbach @brohrbach 13 hours ago
Still can't believe Celtics turned Pierce's trade exception into Zeller & Isaiah Thomas. That's 2 of their best players right now for a TPE.

Reply Retweet Favorite

Show

Jay King @ByJayKing 16 Mar 11:38 ET
Before the game, Zeller asked Gigi what he does in his free time. Gigi said he reads. Zeller asked what. "Books," Gigi explained.

Reply Retweet Favorite

Adam Himmelsbach @AdamHimmelsbach 16 Mar 11:07 ET
When I moved to Boston in late January the Celtics were 15-27 and there had been 4.5 inches of snow all winter.

Reply Retweet Favorite

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:19 pm

3/24/15

Win

Marc D'Amico @celtics 23 Mar 10:06 ET
Crowder on team approach: "The emphasis was playing team ball and get the ball moving early. We're trying to get back to the basics."
Reply Retweet Favorite

Place

Sean Grande @SeanGrandePBP about 18 hours ago
Boston Celtics with multiple triple-doubles... Larry Bird Rajon Rondo Antoine Walker Paul Pierce Evan Turner Yep, that's the whole list.
Reply Retweet Favorite

Marc D'Amico @celtics 23 Mar 10:03 ET
Stevens on Turner: "He's good on the ball. He's probably more comfortable in our system. He's played for 4 different coaches in 4 years."
Reply Retweet Favorite

Show

Jay King @ByJayKing 23 Mar 10:52 ET
Olynyk: "It's not that you lose (confidence). It's just a hiatus, maybe."

Reply Retweet Favorite

Honorable Mention

Ben Rohrbach @brohrbach 23 Mar 10:43 ET
Can't believe more people aren't talking about how C's won w/o Gigi tonight. Testament to Stevens' Coach of the Year candidacy if u ask me.
Reply Retweet Favorite

Ben Rohrbach @brohrbach 23 Mar 09:45 ET
Seven different Celtics out-rebounded Brook Lopez tonight.
Reply Retweet Favorite

Chris Forsberg @ESPNForsberg 23 Mar 09:45 ET
Celtics are now 8-1 on the second night of back-to-backs since Jan. 23. Three more b2bs to go this season.
Reply Retweet Favorite

Chris Forsberg @ESPNForsberg 23 Mar 09:44 ET
Loud “Let’s Go Celtics” chant at Barclays Center as Boston finishes off a 110-91 triumph over the Nets in Brooklyn.
Reply Retweet Favorite

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:58 pm

3/27/15

Win

Ben Rohrbach @brohrbach about 1 hour ago
Brad Stevens to @Marc_Bertrand on whether any college team could ever beat any NBA team: "No. No. ... It's a totally different game. No."

Reply Retweet Favorite

Place

Jared Weiss @CLNS_JaredWeiss about 5 hours ago
Congrats to former #Celtics wing @Chris Johnson on a well deserved multi year deal w/ the #Jazz. He truly earned every minute he’s played.

Reply Retweet Favorite

Show

Sean Grande @SeanGrandePBP 26 Mar 11:31 ET
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WEST VIRGINIA....STOP MOVING!!! JUST LIE STILL AND MAYBE THEY'LL MOVE ON TO SOMEONE ELSE!!!

Reply Retweet Favorite

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:57 pm

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WEST VIRGINIA....STOP MOVING!!! JUST LIE STILL AND MAYBE THEY'LL MOVE ON TO SOMEONE ELSE!!!

Now that's funny. Unless you're a West Virginia fan.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next