kdp59
Outside
swish
tjmakz
Sam
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

FORGET THE FIREWORKS - Sources: Rockets trade Omer Asik to Pelicans - Page 2 Empty Re: FORGET THE FIREWORKS - Sources: Rockets trade Omer Asik to Pelicans

Post by 112288 Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:51 pm

THANKS WORCESTER........THAT'S WHY THEY DO NOT PAY ME THE BIG BUCKS!

LOL

Back to top Go down

FORGET THE FIREWORKS - Sources: Rockets trade Omer Asik to Pelicans - Page 2 Empty Re: FORGET THE FIREWORKS - Sources: Rockets trade Omer Asik to Pelicans

Post by Outside Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:09 pm

beat wrote:and who is to say that he will sign a long term deal there anyway?
It's not a guarantee, but it's a good young team positioned to make some noise. They just need depth and health.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:05 pm

Does anyone from Maine know whether a player traded during a certain period cannot be traded again for a specified duration?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:40 pm

the heck with Asik, SAM.

let's go after Davis now!!

Very Happy 
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:50 pm

Good luck with that, kdp.  I think NO is looking forward to a twin towers offense.

I'd be happy if they got Gortat.  I'd just love to have an experienced center filling that role and  balancing the lineup.  Ideally, I'd prefer an intimidator (I refuse to use the r.p. term because it's so limited), but beggars can't be choosers.

I'd love to be a part of the Celtics' War Room.  So much action compressed into such a short span of time.  How Danny can field so many phone calls at once baffles me.  I'm sure he has help, but it still must  be a zoo.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:03 pm

sam wrote:Does anyone from Maine know whether a player traded during a certain period cannot be traded again for a specified duration?

Sam

Trading after a trade?

"Blah, blah, blah . . .

In addition, teams cannot trade players under the following circumstances:
•For two months after receiving the player in trade, if the trade aggregates the player's salary with the salaries of other players. However, the team is free to trade the player immediately, either by himself or without aggregating his salary with other salaries. This restriction applies only to teams over the salary cap. (Also see question number 87.)

Blah, blah, blah."

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q99

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:50 pm

This explains some of what happened with this.  There WILL be players heading to Houston for Asik, we just don't know who they are yet.

That's how I read this.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2014/06/25/omer-asik-trade-houston-rockets-new-orleans-pelicans-draft-pick/11388103/

Rockets trade Omer Asik to Pelicans for 2015 draft pick
Sam Amick, USA TODAY Sports 12:23 a.m. EDT June 26, 2014

The Houston Rockets will send center Omer Asik and $1.5 million to the New Orleans Pelicans in exchange for a future first-round draft pick (likely 2015), a person with knowledge of the deal told USA TODAY Sports. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the deal had not yet been finalized.

With the Rockets preparing for a major run at soon-to-be free agents such as the Miami Heat's LeBron James and the New York Knicks' Carmelo Anthony, this move is to clear Asik's $8.3 million salary off their books for next season. The Rockets have planned for quite some time on trading Asik and point guard Jeremy Lin if they thought one of the high-profile free agents might come their way, though they aren't expected to trade Lin (also on the Rockets' salary cap sheet for $8.3 million next season) until they know that one of their main free agent targets is willing to head for Houston.

According to the person, this deal won't be formalized until July because of league rules that wouldn't allow it to take place any earlier. For starters, the Pelicans already owe their 2014 first-round draft pick to the Philadelphia 76ers and — per what's known as the Stepien rule — aren't allowed to owe a first-rounder in consecutive seasons. Yet because that 2014 obligation will be considered fulfilled by the time the draft starts on Thursday night, they would then be free to trade their 2015 pick from that point on.

The Pelicans would be over the projected salary cap for next season with this deal, so the deal isn't expected to be formalized until the free agency moratorium ends on July 10. At that time, New Orleans would need to send players whose salaries total $8.3 million (likely players with non-guaranteed money) to make the deal work. Per league rules, those salaries can not exceed 150% of the incoming salary ($12,561,969), plus $100,000.

Yet Asik's deal is a much larger investment than his salary cap figure indicates, as he is owed approximately $15 million because his deal has what's known as a "poison pill provision." Still, New Orleans general manager Dell Demps is clearly going all-in on the idea of pairing Asik with All-Star big man Anthony Davis and being a playoff team next season after they went just 34-48 last season. Asik's deal expires next summer, though, meaning this is a calculated risk that Demps has decided was worth taking.

bob
MY NOTE:  I tried to figure out who those players might be but the stupid NBA trade machine has already updated itself to show Asik in Nwalins.  Regardless, it wasn't just Asik for a draft pick as was originally reported, there are unnamed players involved.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:42 pm

Unnamed players? That could be anybody from the towel boys to the vendors pushing peanuts and Cracker Jacks.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:42 pm

Kj

Very funny.

We know absolutely nothing about what goes on behind the scenes.

One thing we all should have learned is To take rumors and player evaluations (what a player is worth) with a grain of salt.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2