Report: Joel Embiid Has A Minor Setback

3 posters

Go down

Report:  Joel Embiid Has A Minor Setback Empty Report: Joel Embiid Has A Minor Setback

Post by bobheckler Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:15 pm

Report: Joel Embiid has minor setback with injured foot, back in walking boot
Sean Highkin Mar 9, 2015, 10:15 PM EDT

Joel Embiid has yet to play a game for the Sixers, and odds are he won’t this season. But the No. 3 overall pick in the 2014 draft has been recovering from a broken right foot, and appeared to be on track to make a full recovery with no setbacks.

But now, he’s apparently back in a walking boot after suffering a minor setback. From Dei Lynam of CSNPhilly.com:

According to a report from the Intelligencer’s Tom Moore, the Sixers’ Joel Embiid suffered a minor setback in the rehab for his surgically repaired right foot and is wearing a walking boot again.

The team has not commented on the topic. However, a league source close to Embiid is unaware of any setback, but told CSNPhilly.com that the center would be in Los Angeles on Tuesday for a checkup with his doctor. It is unclear if this appointment was already scheduled or made after Embiid’s viral dunk from Friday night. A league source confirmed to CSNPhilly.com’s John Gonzalez that Embiid was in a walking boot, but the reason is unclear.

Hopefully, this issue is as minor as it seems. But it’s worrying that the seven-foot Embiid is still dealing with these foot problems so early in his career. Big men who have foot issues are often unable to shake them—think Yao Ming and Bill Walton.

The Sixers have a lot of their hopes tied up in Embiid, who is likely their best shot at landing a superstar that GM Sam Hinkie can build a contender around. But first, he has to get healthy.

bob
MY NOTE:  Glad I'm not Danny, I was rooting for him to move up so he could take a chance on Embiid.  And Philly tanked for him?  I'm going to take a wait-and-see attitude over how 'minor' this setback is.  It seems this has already taken longer than it should have.  It didn't take Sully this long to be back after major back surgery...

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Report:  Joel Embiid Has A Minor Setback Empty Re: Report: Joel Embiid Has A Minor Setback

Post by Sam Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:59 pm

I hope Oden—I mean Embiid—has a complete recovery.  In the meantime, I guess there are even more avenues to a crap shoot than I had realized.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Report:  Joel Embiid Has A Minor Setback Empty Re: Report: Joel Embiid Has A Minor Setback

Post by wide clyde Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:40 pm

I see this guy sitting out the entire season as just another method that the 76ers use to continue to tank, but this guy and Noel both being centers (and healthy next year) might mean that the 76ers might not draft another rookie center in June of this year.

If they draft another position (how many young centers will they need?) one of the four most prominent centers may drift down in the draft which could make him a Celtics possibility through draft or easier to trade for.

wide clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down