dboss
RosalieTCeltics
bobheckler
17 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Josh Jackson Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: The Josh Jackson Thread

Post by fierce Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:51 pm

Rmbone wrote:Theory: Fierce got Cs in English class.

The theory part is Jackson is pissed.

But when you say "who Ainge plans on drafting tomorrow", that's not a theory, that's a declaration.

Maybe you're the one who got Cs in literature.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:51 pm

Agree to disagree, fellas. The entire paragraph starts with "Theory: . . ." so the entire post is just that, an opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:54 pm

fierce wrote:Rmbone

Don't go Sean Spicer on me because you clearly said "who Ainge plans on drafting tomorrow."

Your words, not mine.

"Don't go Sean Spicer"

Why don't you want Sean Spicer to go? You love Sean Spicer? You said "Don't go Sean Spicer", so you must love Sean Spicer. "Don't go Sean Spicer". See, I quoted it three times, so surely I didn't take your sentence fragment out of context. Right? What if I quoted your sentence fragment 8 times? Surely that would prove you love Sean Spicer.

Man, I feel sleazy taking words out of context. I almost feel like apologizing.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:55 pm

gyso wrote:Agree to disagree, fellas.  The entire paragraph starts with "Theory: . . ." so the entire post is just that, an opinion.

Thanks, Captain Obvious. I was hoping you'd show up.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:58 pm

Please don't ruin this thread with petty bickering and personal attacks.

Consider this a second warning.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:01 pm

gyso wrote:Please don't ruin this thread with petty bickering and personal attacks.

Consider this a second warning.

+1

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:11 pm

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19698584/josh-jackson-says-not-enough-work-boston-celtics-trade-philadelphia-76ers

Josh Jackson: Not enough time to work out for Celtics after trade

9:42 AM PT

ESPN.com news services

Josh Jackson said he didn't work out for the Celtics because he did not have time to do so after Boston traded the No. 1 overall draft pick to the Philadelphia 76ers.

The Celtics got the No. 3 pick in that deal, which was finalized Monday afternoon. Boston had hoped to work out Jackson on Tuesday, but the workout never happened.

A source told ESPN's Chad Ford on Monday night that Jackson refused to work out for the Celtics without an assurance the team would hang on to the No. 3 pick and that he was the top player on their draft board.

The Chicago Bulls and New York Knicks, who are fielding trade offers for their high-profile players, both have shown interest in draft prospect Josh Jackson.

In a pre-draft interview Wednesday with ESPN, Jackson confirmed he did not work out for Boston.

"They did a little bit of moving around with their pick," Jackson said. "I felt like they made it pretty clear who they were going to draft with the No. 1 pick, so I didn't really feel like it was worth either of our times for me to work out with them. But then when they, you know, did the flip and went to No. 3, by then it was too late."

Jackson was asked if he was concerned whether the decision to skip a Celtics workout would affect him in Thursday night's NBA draft.

"It could, it may or may not," he said. "But like I said before, I'm just happy to be here. Wherever I end up Thursday, I'll be happy."

After trading the pick Monday, Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge told reporters that the organization thinks there is "a really good chance the player we'll take at 3 is the same player we would have taken at 1." The Celtics worked out Duke's Jayson Tatum on Monday.

The Sixers are expected to draft Markelle Fultz with the No. 1 pick. ESPN's Chad Ford has Jackson going to the Celtics at No. 3 in his final mock draft.

Sources told ESPN on Tuesday that the Knicks, who have the eighth pick, and the Bulls, who are slotted at No. 16, both have shown interest in Jackson. Both New York and Chicago likely would have to trade significantly up in the draft to pick the former Kansas star.

bob
MY NOTE:  Bullshit.  He has to be in Brooklyn by 3PM or so on Thursday.  It's a short shuttle flight from Boston to New York, he could have grabbed an early shuttle Thursday and still have been there, in a hotel room, with tons of time to clean up and change and be ready.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:11 pm

Adam Himmelsbach @AdamHimmelsbach
about 9 minutes ago
Josh Jackson says he thinks he'd fit right in with the Celtics defensive pit bulls like Smart, Crowder, Bradley, Jaylen

@AdamHimmelsbach
about 23 minutes ago
Josh Jackson says he's spoken to Jaylen Brown a few times. "Playing with Jaylen...I think it would be pretty special."

@AdamZagoria
about 29 minutes ago
Josh Jackson says he spoke to Brad Stevens of the Celtics about a week ago even though he hasn't worked out for them.

@JakeLFischer
about 24 minutes ago
Josh Jackson says he originally declined a Celtics workout because he and reps didn't believe Boston would seriously consider him at No. 1.

@SteveBHoop
about 26 minutes ago
Josh Jackson said he wanted to work out for Celtics after they traded down to 3, but couldn't get the scheduling right.

@AdamHimmelsbach
about 18 minutes ago
Josh Jackson on the first thing he'll get after he's drafted. "Maybe a dog to keep me comfy."

@AdamHimmelsbach
about 19 minutes ago
Josh Jackson wants to get back to playing: "The last time I played 5 on 5 I was wearing a Kansas jersey and we were in the tournament."

@SteveBHoop
about 7 minutes ago
Jayson Tatum said Brad Stevens told him it's hard not to play guys who can guard 1 through 4 and score.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:14 pm

bobheckler wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19698584/josh-jackson-says-not-enough-work-boston-celtics-trade-philadelphia-76ers

Josh Jackson: Not enough time to work out for Celtics after trade

9:42 AM PT

ESPN.com news services

Josh Jackson said he didn't work out for the Celtics because he did not have time to do so after Boston traded the No. 1 overall draft pick to the Philadelphia 76ers.

The Celtics got the No. 3 pick in that deal, which was finalized Monday afternoon. Boston had hoped to work out Jackson on Tuesday, but the workout never happened.

A source told ESPN's Chad Ford on Monday night that Jackson refused to work out for the Celtics without an assurance the team would hang on to the No. 3 pick and that he was the top player on their draft board.

The Chicago Bulls and New York Knicks, who are fielding trade offers for their high-profile players, both have shown interest in draft prospect Josh Jackson.

In a pre-draft interview Wednesday with ESPN, Jackson confirmed he did not work out for Boston.

"They did a little bit of moving around with their pick," Jackson said. "I felt like they made it pretty clear who they were going to draft with the No. 1 pick, so I didn't really feel like it was worth either of our times for me to work out with them. But then when they, you know, did the flip and went to No. 3, by then it was too late."

Jackson was asked if he was concerned whether the decision to skip a Celtics workout would affect him in Thursday night's NBA draft.

"It could, it may or may not," he said. "But like I said before, I'm just happy to be here. Wherever I end up Thursday, I'll be happy."

After trading the pick Monday, Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge told reporters that the organization thinks there is "a really good chance the player we'll take at 3 is the same player we would have taken at 1." The Celtics worked out Duke's Jayson Tatum on Monday.

The Sixers are expected to draft Markelle Fultz with the No. 1 pick. ESPN's Chad Ford has Jackson going to the Celtics at No. 3 in his final mock draft.

Sources told ESPN on Tuesday that the Knicks, who have the eighth pick, and the Bulls, who are slotted at No. 16, both have shown interest in Jackson. Both New York and Chicago likely would have to trade significantly up in the draft to pick the former Kansas star.

bob
MY NOTE:  Bullshit.  He has to be in Brooklyn by 3PM or so on Thursday.  It's a short shuttle flight from Boston to New York, he could have grabbed an early shuttle Thursday and still have been there, in a hotel room, with tons of time to clean up and change and be ready.

Agree!

So why would Ainge pick a player who doesn't want to go to Boston?
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:17 pm

Actions speak louder than words.

I'm sure Jackson would've found time if he really wanted to workout for the Celtics.

He's saying all the right things but his actions don't concur.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:17 pm

Bob I think it's his agent BJ Armstrong. When we had the #1 pick BJ was telling Jackson that the Celtics wouldn't draft him so he shouldn't work out for them. That's BJ trying to maneuver Jackson to a certain situation with a guaranteed big role, outside of Boston. And he told Jackson that Boston wouldn't draft him #1 to prevent Jackson from demanding to work out in Boston.

Agents can be really shady, and they can steer their clients away from teams for all kinds of selfish reasons. Like if a team doesn't pay one client big money, the agent might steer other clients away from that team just to punish the team and exert their power.

BJ probably told Jackson it was "too late" to work out for Boston last week, in a further effort to steer the Celtics away from drafting Jackson.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:19 pm

Maybe this will help.

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2017/06/21/celtics-rumor-roundup-boston-interested-in-trading-for-knicks-forward-kristaps-porzingis

June 21

Josh Jackson’s agent is reportedly at the center of why he won’t attend a workout for the Celtics:

Jared Weiss ✔ @JaredWeissNBA
Re Jackson: Agent appears to be driving this workout refusal, trying to position his client to a team where he'll be the main guy.

Jared Weiss ✔ @JaredWeissNBA
@JaredWeissNBA There were reports over last few days that Jackson was willing to do it, but following BJ Armstrong's guidance.
10:54 PM - 21 Jun 2017
7 7 Retweets 4 4 likes
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:20 pm

Rmbone wrote:Bob I think it's his agent BJ Armstrong. When we had the #1 pick BJ was telling Jackson that the Celtics wouldn't draft him so he shouldn't work out for them.  That's BJ trying to maneuver Jackson to a certain situation with a guaranteed big role, outside of Boston. And he told Jackson that Boston wouldn't draft him #1 to prevent Jackson from demanding to work out in Boston.

Agents can be really shady, and they can steer their clients away from teams for all kinds of selfish reasons. Like if a team doesn't pay one client big money, the agent might steer other clients away from that team just to punish the team and exert their power.

BJ probably told Jackson it was "too late" to work out for Boston last week, in a further effort to steer the Celtics away from drafting Jackson.

So why would Ainge draft a player who doesn't want to be in Boston or doesn't want to be a part of the Boston Celtics?
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:31 pm

BJ Armstrong gave his client some bad advice. Time to fire his sorry a$$ before Jackson signs his contract.

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:37 pm

Bob,

Great point about why would the Cs want to draft a guy who doesn't want to play for them.

Such behavior (basically, pouting about playing time even before being drafted) may say a lot about who this guy really is. Kind of looks like minutes and stats are more important than earning his minutes, winning the East again and getting a shot to the finals.

As for the agent, his client will get the exact same salary for the next four years no matter what team drafts him due to the NBA "slotting" system of paying rookies by the spot they are drafted. Not sure that the agent comes off looking very good for his other (and, future) clients which is bad business practice for an agent.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:43 pm

The whole thing is bullshit. I can't stand this. This is a 19 year old kid. Who the hell is he to make demands of anyone? And his agent? Never liked Armstrong as a player, and still don't
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:14 pm

Boston seems to be getting the Sacramento treatment from top players in this draft class but for completely a different reason than Sacramento's workout refusals.
Sacramento's team and management sucks.
Boston's team and management are very good.
Players seem to be focused more on their playing time over winning.

Fultz: Possibly tanked his workout against Boston.
Ball: Refused to meet or workout with Boston.
Jackson: refused to workout with Boston.

I don't know what the answer is to fixing this.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:34 pm

For some of these young players, just getting to the NBA is the answer to their prayers. "No matter where I end up, I'll be happy."

That is extremely short term thinking. They should ask Cousins how happy he was being stuck with a sucky team, with sucky management, making their sucky decisions, was in the long run.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:36 pm

tjmakz wrote:Boston seems to be getting the Sacramento treatment from top players in this draft class but for completely a different reason than Sacramento's workout refusals.
Sacramento's team and management sucks.
Boston's team and management are very good.
Players seem to be focused more on their playing time over winning.

Fultz: Possibly tanked his workout against Boston.
Ball: Refused to meet or workout with Boston.
Jackson: refused to workout with Boston.

I don't know what the answer is to fixing this.

TJ,

I remember reading an article over the past month, around the time of the NBA Combine and when workouts were starting, that said that players were avoiding Sacto and Boston for the reasons you have just stated.  Looks like it was true.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.  And short-sighted.  Players get drafted, players get traded.  Sometimes they are traded because they don't work out, like D'Angelo Russell, and sometimes they get traded because there's a new, young gun in town that gets them shipped out, like Jeff Teague in Atlanta. Dennis Schroder proved his worth and Atlanta moved Teague to Indy.  

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:22 pm

Only two words for why we should not draft Josh Jackson:

Bryan Shaw
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:56 pm

worcester wrote:Only two words for why we should not draft Josh Jackson:

Bryan Shaw

Can you explain?

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:09 pm

Brian Shaw - sorry for the misspelling - was drafted by the Celts in 1988, played for a couple of years, then split for greener pa$tures in Europe. He was the first blatantly disloyal Celt in my memory of the Celts.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:24 pm

Josh Jackson on potentially teaming up with Jaylen Brown:
The Josh Jackson Thread - Page 5 DC3xZKHXoAAa-YW
The Josh Jackson Thread - Page 5 Nba_g_drexler_mj_600_crop_north

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:53 pm

Michael Dyer‏ @Mike_Dyer13 7h7 hours ago

For everyone saying that refusing workouts makes Josh Jackson a bad kid/someone to avoid, Steph Curry refused to workout for the Warriors

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:00 pm

Adam Himmelsbach @AdamHimmelsbach
about 1 hour ago
Josh Jackson on Celtics: "I see a lot of the players on their team are about the same things that I’m about...I love to win."
reply retweet like

bob
MY NOTE:  Woody Allen once said "50% of life is showing up".  If you like winning the first thing that needs to happen is you need to show up.  Show up for the game, show up for the workout, show up for the audition.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next