dboss
RosalieTCeltics
bobheckler
17 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

The Josh Jackson Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Josh Jackson Thread

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:15 pm

Too much of this going on. They should be thankful for the opportunity about to happen. I think they are receiving the wrong advice from these hot shot lawyers and advisers. I know the world has changed, the game certainly has, but without the opportunity to join a team in the NBA they would be overseas of out of the game completely.

Danny and his other scouts have seen enough of these kids to know what they can and cannot do. Believing that holding out is the way to go is ill advised.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:19 pm

From SI.com:
There is so much scuttle surrounding Jackson and Tatum at the Celtics’ No. 3 pick that many executives around the league are starting to wonder if that’s by design, and Isaac is actually Danny Ainge’s preferred prospect. His interview with Boston appears to have gone well.
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:45 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Too much of this going on.  They should be thankful for the opportunity about to happen.  I  think they are receiving the wrong advice from these hot shot lawyers and advisers.  I know the world has changed, the game certainly has, but without the opportunity to join a team in the NBA they would be overseas of out of the game completely.

Danny and his other scouts have seen enough of these kids to know what they can and cannot do. Believing that holding out is the way to go is ill advised.

Jackson befriended Draymond Green when they played a pick up game together and Jackson didn't back down on the court or with the trash talk. Jackson then hired Draymond's agent, BJ Armstrong.

If I was an agent and my name was Armstrong I'd probably subconsciously strong-arm teams left and right. And if my last name was Cook I'd probably be way overweight.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:18 pm

bobheckler wrote:Adam Himmelsbach @AdamHimmelsbach
about 1 hour ago
Josh Jackson on Celtics: "I see a lot of the players on their team are about the same things that I’m about...I love to win."
reply retweet like

bob
MY NOTE:  Woody Allen once said "50% of life is showing up".  If you like winning the first thing that needs to happen is you need to show up.  Show up for the game, show up for the workout, show up for the audition.

True.

Josh Jackson refusing to workout for the Celtics is disrespecting the Celtics.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:21 pm

There is no question about Josh Jackson's talent.

It's his character that worries me.

When you want to beat up women, you clearly have issues.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:24 pm

The Vertical ✔ @TheVertical
Knicks have made calls about Kristaps Porzingis, aiming for a top-four pick to get Josh Jackson. - @WojVerticalNBA https://www.facebook.com/TheVerticalWoj/videos/495112134161211/ …
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:39 pm

Word is that agent BJ Armstrong does not want his client Josh Jackson in Boston due to them having Jaylen Brown and has kept him out of workouts there. Jackson refused to workout for Boston, but backed off any talk that he wasn’t willing to play there, saying there were scheduling conflicts. If the pick is used in a package deal for Kristaps Porzingis, Jimmy Butler or Paul George, look for a team to move into the 3rd pick targeting Josh Jackson. While those trades all seem unlikely, they’re all being discussed. The cap being lowered and the Warriors dominance seems to have added pressure throughout the league to make something happen, not only in Cleveland. 59 mins ago – via NBADraft.net

bob
MY NOTE: Looks like BJ is afraid his guy will not be able to earn minutes against Jaylen. Not a very positive perspective, is it?

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:46 pm

bobheckler wrote:Word is that agent BJ Armstrong does not want his client Josh Jackson in Boston due to them having Jaylen Brown and has kept him out of workouts there. Jackson refused to workout for Boston, but backed off any talk that he wasn’t willing to play there, saying there were scheduling conflicts. If the pick is used in a package deal for Kristaps Porzingis, Jimmy Butler or Paul George, look for a team to move into the 3rd pick targeting Josh Jackson. While those trades all seem unlikely, they’re all being discussed. The cap being lowered and the Warriors dominance seems to have added pressure throughout the league to make something happen, not only in Cleveland. 59 mins ago – via NBADraft.net

bob
MY NOTE:  Looks like BJ is afraid his guy will not be able to earn minutes against Jaylen.  Not a very positive perspective, is it?

Jackson's better than Jaylen, that's why the Clippers offered DeAndre, the Bulls offered Jimmy Butler, and the Knicks are trying to get that pick as part of a package for Porzingis.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:49 pm

Rmbone wrote:
bobheckler wrote:Word is that agent BJ Armstrong does not want his client Josh Jackson in Boston due to them having Jaylen Brown and has kept him out of workouts there. Jackson refused to workout for Boston, but backed off any talk that he wasn’t willing to play there, saying there were scheduling conflicts. If the pick is used in a package deal for Kristaps Porzingis, Jimmy Butler or Paul George, look for a team to move into the 3rd pick targeting Josh Jackson. While those trades all seem unlikely, they’re all being discussed. The cap being lowered and the Warriors dominance seems to have added pressure throughout the league to make something happen, not only in Cleveland. 59 mins ago – via NBADraft.net

bob
MY NOTE:  Looks like BJ is afraid his guy will not be able to earn minutes against Jaylen.  Not a very positive perspective, is it?

Jackson's better than Jaylen, that's why the Clippers offered DeAndre, the Bulls offered Jimmy Butler, and the Knicks are trying to get that pick as part of a package for Porzingis.

Rmbone,

That might be true, but then why didn't Jackson's agent let him come to Boston and strut his stuff in front of Jaylen's bosses?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:55 pm

bobheckler wrote:
Rmbone wrote:

bob

Rmbone,

That might be true, but then why didn't Jackson's agent let him come to Boston and strut his stuff in front of Jaylen's bosses?

bob

Because Jae is really good and underrated, and even if Jackson starts over Avery as he should, Jackson will still be pressed for minutes by Bradley, Smart, and Jaylen. And maybe BJ has lingering animosity towards Celtics from playing days. But even if Jackson starts at SG, his minutes and especially shots will be limited somewhat. IT4 is a ball dominant shot heavy guy, and Smart takes way too many shots too as point guards.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:07 pm

Rmbone wrote:
bobheckler wrote:
Rmbone wrote:

bob

Rmbone,

bob

Because Jae is really good and underrated, and even if Jackson starts over Avery as he should, Jackson will still be pressed for minutes by Bradley, Smart, and Jaylen. And maybe BJ has lingering animosity towards Celtics from playing days. But even if Jackson starts at SG, his minutes and especially shots will be limited somewhat. IT4 is a ball dominant shot heavy guy, and Smart takes way too many shots too as point guards.

rambone,

BJ Armstrong is a former NBA player. He's familiar with the concepts of earning playing time and players being traded to make room for another player on the roster.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:12 pm

Jackson may still be in the mix
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:04 pm

Looks like we can close the book on Josh Jackson in green.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:36 am

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19713510/danny-ainge-boston-celtics-vents-josh-jackson-canceled-workout

Danny Ainge: Tried not to overreact to canceled workout, but I was mad

6:33 AM PT

Chris Forsberg
ESPN Staff Writer

BOSTON -- Boston Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge said Kansas forward Josh Jackson canceled a workout recently after Boston brass traveled cross-country to see him and said the team never talked with Jackson in advance of the draft Thursday.

The Celtics selected Duke's Jayson Tatum with the No. 3 pick, and Jackson went one spot later to the Phoenix Suns. Ainge vented a bit after the draft when asked if there was any truth to a rumored clandestine late-night workout with Jackson this week in Boston.

"Never talked with Josh. No one in our organization did," Ainge said. "They cancelled a workout on us when we flew out to Sacramento, and they just decided to cancel it as we flew -- just [coach] Brad [Stevens] and I and [assistant general manager] Mike Zarren flew cross-country.

"So there was something that he didn't want to play for the Celtics. In spite of that, we've watched Josh for two years and we're fans. He's a terrific kid and a good player. So we tried not to overreact to those kinds of things and make a big deal of it.

"Agents and players have all sorts of motivations to get to certain places, as we've seen in the past. Remember last year, Kris Dunn didn't want to come here; we didn't hold it against him. We felt like we were just taking the player that we wanted [in Jaylen Brown last year]. And I think the same thing this time. I don't think we were trying to penalize Josh too much, but we didn't get to see him or talk to him face-to-face."

Pressed on if the cancellation left Boston considering passing entirely on Jackson, Ainge said he tried to remain calm about the situation.

"No. No. no. Well, there were thoughts, yeah, I was mad," Ainge said. "We flew cross-country. Are you kidding me? I had to get up at 4 o'clock and fly back home."

Zarren then chimed in about how the Celtics' contingent simply went to bed after arriving in Sacramento then got up early for the flight home.

Ainge, who played for the Sacramento Kings during his playing days, quipped, "There's nothing to do in Sacramento." After some laughs from the media, Ainge added, "That could get me in trouble there."

After his selection by the Suns, Jackson said he regretted "maybe a little bit" the decision to not work out for the Celtics, quickly adding he was "happy, glad to be a Phoenix Sun."

Ainge said the Celtics would have picked Tatum with the first pick if they had stayed in that spot before moving down to No. 3 in a trade earlier this week with the Philadelphia 76ers. Ainge gushed about both Tatum's scoring potential and his versatility on the defensive end.

"We liked his size and length and rebounding and shooting. [His] Intelligence [and] character," Ainge said. "There's a lot to like about Jayson. He's going to be a terrific player."

Asked about trade rumors, including whispers that the Celtics were pursuing New York Knicks big man Kristaps Porzingis, Ainge said, "I don't comment on trade rumors. I will say this: It was a little blown out of proportion, but I'll just leave it at that. A lot more talk by [the media]."

Ainge also admitted that some trade talks could be rekindled in July and said, "We anticipate being very active and continuing to try to improve our roster."

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:41 am

Playing time is earned.
High school players on freshman teams know this.
Screw this kid if he didn't want to work out for us.
And double screw the agent for giving bad advice to a 19/20 year old kid. Should be investigated.
Even if this kid turns into an All Star, and ends up better than Tatum, we made the right choice here.
I'll never look back and say, "gee, we should have taken Jackson when we had the chance."
Clearly doesn't want to play here, doesn't want to compete for time.....screw him.

Fultz tanked his workout - screw him, too!
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:52 am

BJ is on Danny's shit list now, after that long flight to nowhere for nothing.

Armstrong was always an average or worst NBA player, looks likes the same as an agent
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:55 am

kdp59 wrote:BJ is on Danny's shit list now, after that long flight to nowhere for nothing.

Armstrong was always an average or worst NBA player, looks likes the same as an agent

One of my father's favorite expressions, and something I was on ......a lot - the shit list!!
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:57 am

It's a really bad look for a player who already had such public character concerns.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6