RosalieTCeltics
fierce
dboss
21 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Free Agency 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: Free Agency 2017

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:02 pm

So,,,free agency hasn't even started and there are moves all over the NBA.

I really believe that Paul George is not coming here, I think it is a pipe dream. I could be wrong, but the more you read, the more it seems like he is not coming East!!

Chris Paul to Rockets, PG to follow???? Or still LA bound??? LeBron stating outright that he will not ever go to Clippers.

When is the decision on Kelly due? Before Friday I assume? Do they have to renounce anyone else before Friday 12:01 AM????

and forget about Porzingas, Phil got fired for that fiasco.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:35 pm

What other free agent options are out there other than Hayward, and Griffin.  What other players other than George should Boston pursue.

Fans are getting their hopes up but realistically they need a plan C and D

Utah reportedly will offer Hayward $30 for 5 years.  They love him there and Utah is an up and coming team.  As much as anybody out there likes Hayward he is certainly not worth $30 million except to Utah. He would be an idiot to leave them for less money and if he did leave, The Heat could also be a destination to consider.

If George has his heart set on playing for the Lakers next year or sooner, there is no good reason why Boston should be expending energy pursuing him.  If LA has enough space to sign two max players next year including George it seems logical that he will wait a year if needed.  I know some think LA is 4  or 5 years away.  I disagree if LA can land two high profile ballers.

As much as I like Griffin his injury history cannot be overlooked.  The Celtics would be insane to sign him to a max deal.  

At this point I would forget about all three of those players.  

I think Boston will be just fine this year.  They need to address their rebounding issues and they need to add more scoring.  Some of the scoring will come from some of the developing players like Brown and Rozier.

Some Celtics fans are in for a big disappointment when Hayward reups with the Jazz.  But why worry?  We have a very solid starting SF in Crowder as well as a quick understudy in Brown as well as a new option in Tatum.

The big issue remains rebounding and therefore the priority for Danny should be to fix that issue.

The Celtics were tied for 26th place in rebounding during the regular season

During the playoff Boston had the worst rebounding differential of all 16 playoffs team at -6.6

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:54 pm

.Free Agency 2017 - Page 2 DDbKvGhXsAADnJy?format=jpg

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:15 pm

tell us what you really think Bob!!!!! What do you think is going on in that head that is Danny Ainge???? He is no one's fool, I cannot believe he thinks this is a reality.

Please, no more mention of Melo, he wants a buyout, but not here!!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:05 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:tell us what you really think Bob!!!!!  What do you think is going on in that head that is Danny Ainge???? He is no one's fool, I cannot believe he thinks this is a reality.  

Please, no more mention of Melo, he wants a buyout, but not here!!!!!

Rosalie,

If it was anybody except our boy Danny I might hazard a guess.  I know he is swinging for the fences but have no idea which field he is trying to go for.

The Chris Paul trade creates opportunities because Doc has too many players and Houston doesn't have enough. That doesn't mean Danny will be trading with either of them, but someone will and that will create amd fill needs with them that Danny might be able to fill.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:55 pm

Boy, sounds like Clips were a lot more dysfunctional than they let on.
Paul hates Doc, favors his kid by not making the trade for Melo at the trade deadline and Paul got really ticked off.

Chris Paul is a great player, but he has a very big opinion of himself, and WHAT has he won???? So he gets traded, Griffith opts out and is looking around, and Jordan, who should have been out of this mess a couple of years ago, is left to be at the mercy of what they want to do with him, which is trade him with the other two gone
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:51 pm

dboss wrote:What do you mean really not a PG.  IT is a PG.

I think the concept of positionless basketball is more related to the roles that are played by each player.  In my opinion positionless basketball seemly means that you can run the same play for multiple players.  On defense is really does not work the same way.  Your PG cannot play defense on a pf or center for example.

I agree that AH is not center but he plays center and PF on this team.  He would prefer to play power forward and until Boston gets quality size next to him there will a deficiency with our front line.

dboss.

IT is more of a scorer than a traditional pass first PG.

I think IT would be one hell of a SG if he's a few inches taller.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:13 am

https://www.celticsblog.com/2017/6/28/15891500/nba-free-agency-rumor-gordon-hayward-to-meet-with-boston-celtics-danny-ainge-brad-stevens-2017

With NBA free agency looming some crucial details regarding Celtics’ target and current Utah Jazz swingman Gordon Hayward’s schedule have begun to emerge. Multiple sources have confirmed that Hayward will meet with the Jazz front offices on Monday two days after the moratorium, which leaves the 27-year-old forward time to meet with other interested parties.

Follow
Mark Murphy ✔ @Murf56
Celtics won't have to recruit their main target on the road this year. According to source, Hayward plans to visit each candidate city.
2:57 PM - 28 Jun 2017
 161 161 Retweets   398 398 likes

Sources around the league have stated that Hayward will be meeting with the Miami Heat on Saturday. Meanwhile at the time of writing it is yet to be confirmed exactly when Hayward plans to meet with the Celtics. But multiple reports indicate that Hayward will be coming to Boston to hear an offer, likely on Sunday.

UPDATE: ESPN’s Jorge Sedano is reporting that Hayward will be visiting Boston on Sunday following trips to Miami on Saturday and Utah on Monday.

15h
Ben Dowsett  ✔ @Ben_Dowsett
.@tribjazz reporting Hayward meets with the Jazz Monday, wants to make a decision in "short order." https://twitter.com/sltribsports/status/880184751687999489 …

Follow
Ben Dowsett ✔ @Ben_Dowsett
@tribjazz No info yet on the timing of Boston's meeting - I'd be surprised if Utah wasn't last, so Boston on Sunday seems logical.
3:08 PM - 28 Jun 2017
 12 12 Retweets   29 29 likes

Follow
A. Sherrod Blakely ✔ @SherrodbCSN
The @Celtics haven't nailed a date down to meet with Gordon Hayward yet, but the C's will get to make their pitch says league source.
3:42 PM - 28 Jun 2017
 78 78 Retweets   237 237 likes

It’s no secret that the Celtics are interested in Hayward. The fact that Hayward played for Coach Brad Stevens has probably been a little overstated and possibly “horribly overblown.” But the versatile forward would be a perfect fit in Stevens’ system and since Hayward’s emergence as an All-Star and a genuine two-way threat he’s become a key target for the Celtics.

The Celtics still need to clear cap space in order to offer Hayward an outright max contract, but with a few small changes to their current roster composition they can easily clear the space.

With Miami interested and Utah obviously wanting to hold onto someone they consider a franchise player the Celtics will have to pull out all the stops if they want to convince Hayward to come compete in Boston. But Danny Ainge is not a man known for being unprepared so I’m sure his approach will be pitch perfect.

bob
MY NOTE:  It looks like Sunday for Gordon Hayward.  I suspect that Paul George will happen, if at all, after Indy gives Danny permission to talk to his agent, Aaron Mintz.  Mintz was JR Giddens' agent, is Phil Pressey's and Kris Dunn's agent, so he has some history with Danny.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:15 am

The Hayward question centers around fit and money.  He is a good fit for Boston but when has he been considered a two way player?

If he really wants out of Utah the Celts have a real shot.  But do not overlook the Heat.  Riley has a proven track record for signing high end free agents and the Heat are on the up tick as a team.  The south Florida weather is also a selling point.

I think Boston has a 60/40 chance to make this happen.  Crowder will be traded and that is too bad given his contributions and salary.  However if Hayward says no what happens then ?

The PG pursuit seems even more remote.  We have not read anything indicating that he would want to play in Boston.  There was some talk about resigning with the Cavs but not Boston.  

I am not even convinced that IT Hayward and PG are a good fit.  All three are ball dominant players and IT is not an above average play maker for others.  But if IT is willing to shoot less it could work

To me the real key is getting pg.  Hayward by himself does not move the needle much.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:46 am

dboss wrote:The Hayward question centers around fit and money.  He is a good fit for Boston but when has he been considered a two way player?

If he really wants out of Utah the Celts have a real shot.  But do not overlook the Heat.  Riley has a proven track record for signing high end free agents and the Heat are on the up tick as a team.  The south Florida weather is also a selling point.

I think Boston has a 60/40 chance to make this happen.  Crowder will be traded and that is too bad given his contributions and salary.  However if Hayward says no what happens then ?

The PG pursuit seems even more remote.  We have not read anything indicating that he would want to play in Boston.  There was some talk about resigning with the Cavs but not Boston.  

I am not even convinced that IT Hayward and PG are a good fit.  All three are ball dominant players and IT is not an above average play maker for others.  But if IT is willing to shoot less it could work

To me the real key is getting pg.  Hayward by himself does not move the needle much.

Dboss

dboss,

And don't forget about Floridian taxes.  There are no state income taxes in Florida (New Hamster too) while Taxachussets has a 5.1% tax rate.  When you make $30M/year that's A LOT of money, over $1.5M/year to be precise without tax shelters and offsets.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:48 am

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:25 pm

Dboss,

if the Hayward stays at Utah, George goes elsewhere and Blake stay at LA I think Millsap or Ibaka could be secondary options for less money than the other three.

one..not both
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:52 pm

Obviously Hayward has a lot to consider.

If the Celtics make this happen Crowder is the most likely one to be traded.  Hayward is an upgrade over Crowder because Hayward can create his own shot because he has a better handle.  As far as shooting the ball is concerned I see NO upgrade there.  Rebounding is pretty even but Crowder adds more flexibility because he has the toughness to play some PF in a small ball lineup.  Crowder is also the superior defender.  I think when you compare these players Hayward has the edge on offense but we should not overlook the fact that Crowder has been a very efficient scorer with limited opportunities (10 FGA per game)  But perhaps the biggest measurement is salaries.    Hayward salary will be more than 3 times that of Crowder.  

This is not just about Crowder versus Hayward.  Maybe the real question to be asked is related to Jaylen Brown.  

I guess I am still not all in for this move but if Boston can also make a trade for an allstar player they will be in great shape.  

So I agree that Hayward is an upgrade over Crowder at SF on the offensive side because Hayward is a more skilled basketball player.  He can initiate the offense but Crowder cannot.  But if you lose Crowder you also lose the toughness and physical strength that he brings.  Lastly you have the potential to see Brown become a dominant wing at the same position and you just drafted another SF with a very high draft pick.  In absence of depth at SF on this team the Hayward signing makes sense.  But that is not the case.

I just think it is a really dumb financial move to spend big time bucks on another SF not named James or Leonard or Paul George.  SF is NOT a team need.  

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:04 pm

I will have a hard time saying goodbye to Jae, he has given his all for the Celtics and has improved each year. From what I understand he is a great lockerroom guy and with Amir almost definitely gone, losing a good vet in the locker room is going to be tough. Whether one wants to believe it or not, that is a very important part of this team. If they trade Bradley, there goes the final connection to the Paul, KG era. That may be good for the young guys, but I find it something they should think about.

I do not know why you think that it will not be an upgrade in shooting, Hayward is a much better offensive player than Jae, even though Jae has improved each year.

Standing pat would be a mistake, but trading for the sake of trading, is wrong too.

what a weekend and beginning of the week we will have!!! I am looking forward to summer league and what our young guys will look like.

Stilll no decision on Kelly? Renounced? ?????
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:25 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-kings-sign-bogdan-bogdanovic-205230067.html

Report: Kings to sign Bogdan Bogdanovic to three-year, $36 million contract

Dan Feldman,NBC Sports 21 hours ago

The Kings have a decent crop of low-paid young players: Buddy Hield, Willie Cauley-Stein, Skal Labissiere, Georgios Papagiannis and Malachi Richardson.

Soon, Sacramento will add a highly paid young player to the group: Bogdan Bogdanovic, whose rights the Kings acquired when trading down from No. 8 with the Suns in last year’s draft.

Ailene Voisin of The Sacramento Bee:

Ailene Voisin ✔ @ailene_voisin
BREAKING: Sources tell me Kings to sign Serb guard Bogdan Bogdanovic to 3 year/$36 million contract on July 6.
10:51 AM - 28 Jun 2017
 604 604 Retweets   905 905 likes

Because Bogdanovic was drafted three years ago (No. 27 by Phoenix in 2014), the Kings can exceed the rookie scale to sign him.

Bogdanovic is a talented 24-year-old, but this deal removes much of the value usually tied to rookies on cost-controlled scale contracts. It’s hard to see Bogdanovic’s production exceeding his salary over the next four years.

Still, what else was Sacramento supposed to do with its cap space? Just getting Bogdanovic to jump from Europe might be worth it. The Kings already have more cap flexibility than they know what to do with – especially after letting Ben McLemore become an unrestricted free agent.

Chris Haynes of ESPN:

Chris Haynes ✔ @ChrisBHaynes
Sacramento Kings to decline extending qualifying offer to Ben McLemore and he'll become unrestricted free agent, league sources tell ESPN.
1:05 PM - 28 Jun 2017
 680 680 Retweets   889 889 likes

Sacramento took McLemore No. 7 in the 2013 draft then spent the next four years watching his value depreciate.

Teams will line up to take a flier on him. Will someone pay him as if he’ll pan out even a little? That question will drive his unrestricted free agency.

bob
MY NOTE:  If true the Washington Wizard bench just got even weaker than it was during the playoffs, and it was practically non-existent then.  This will also not do much to improve the Sacto Kings, which means that having their 1st round draft pick in 2019 (assuming the Lakers aren't 2-5 next year) would be valuable indeed.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:35 pm

In an interview with Doc Rivers he stated that their was no deal for Carmelo.

Paul is considered a Diva. I think he left because of $ and can see that LAC is not a contender.

Not trying to defend the yoyo master but CP3 is full of crap.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:18 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I will have a hard time saying goodbye to Jae, he has given his all for the Celtics and has improved each year. From what I understand he is a great lockerroom guy and with Amir almost definitely gone, losing a good vet in the locker room is going to be tough. Whether one wants to believe it or not, that is a very important part of this team.  If they trade Bradley, there goes the final connection to the Paul, KG era. That may be good for the young guys, but I find it something they should think about.

I do not know why you think that it will not be an upgrade in shooting, Hayward is a much better offensive player than Jae, even though Jae has improved each year.

Standing pat would be a mistake, but trading for the sake of trading, is wrong too.

what a weekend and beginning of the week we will have!!! I am looking forward to summer league and what our young guys will look like.

Still no decision on Kelly? Renounced? ?????

Rosie I think Hayward is the better scorer but as far as shooting,   Jae is just as good of a shooter.  Hayward is an offensive upgrade over jae but a defensive downgrade.

It is interesting that Hayward an unrestricted free agent has not received interest from more than two teams.  I would only expect a marginal improvement in the team if you added him and traded Jae.  

dboss

Last edited by dboss on Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by ginoc Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:28 pm

Prediction:

George goes to Cleveland, Superstars and their super powers. Love to Denver assets to IND

Hayward signs with the Celtics. (He's a shooter / scorer and an ungrade)

Celtics sign a lesser Power Forward.

Brooklyn pick and Sacramento - Laker pick retained

Houston gets Carmelo Anthony and become the Texas version of the Clippers

ginoc

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:56 pm

ginoc wrote:Prediction:

George goes to Cleveland, Superstars and their super powers. Love to Denver assets to IND

Hayward signs with the Celtics. (He's a shooter / scorer and an ungrade)

Celtics sign a lesser Power Forward.

Brooklyn pick and Sacramento - Laker pick retained

Houston gets Carmelo Anthony and become the Texas version of the Clippers

I agree that PG will not end up here because Indy is too greedy but mainly because PG would rather play with Lebron and Kyrie. But I think Boston will still make a big trade because if by chance they do get hayward you have to move Crowder. If they move Crowder they will probably need to part with at least a first rounder (not our Golden Egg)

Just adding Hayward and a lesser PF does not put us ahead of the Cavs.

The Celtics need to sign a free agent and make a trade for another. Both of those players need to be high end players or the team will not be legit to win in the East let alone go against several teams in the West.

I think Danny has the right ideas but is going after the wrong players.

dboss

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:23 pm

Marc Stein: League sources confirm Miami/Boston/Utah is indeed the order on visits Hayward has scheduled once free agency starts Saturday at 12:01 AM ET – via Twitter ESPNSteinLine

Utah gets last chance to plead their case. Good luck Jazz.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:28 pm

dboss wrote:Marc Stein: League sources confirm Miami/Boston/Utah is indeed the order on visits Hayward has scheduled once free agency starts Saturday at 12:01 AM ET – via Twitter ESPNSteinLine

Utah gets last chance to plead their case.  Good luck Jazz.  

dboss

Utah has money on their side. SLC night life? Worse than Sacto's, just ask Danny. Razz

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:38 pm

gyso wrote:
dboss wrote:Marc Stein: League sources confirm Miami/Boston/Utah is indeed the order on visits Hayward has scheduled once free agency starts Saturday at 12:01 AM ET – via Twitter ESPNSteinLine

dboss

Utah has money on their side.  SLC night life?  Worse than Sacto's, just ask Danny.  Razz

gyso

hayward does not need any night life. he is married and has 2 kids. = no nite-life
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:40 pm

different Bogdanovic Bob.

this one has played in Europe only.

BOJAN was with the Nets and Wizards last year.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bogdabo02.html

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:41 pm

dboss wrote:
gyso wrote:

dboss

Utah has money on their side.  SLC night life?  Worse than Sacto's, just ask Danny.  Razz

gyso

hayward does not need any night life.  he is married and has 2 kids.  = no nite-life

So, joke wasted?

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:56 pm

kdp59 wrote:Dboss,

if the Hayward stays at Utah, George goes elsewhere and Blake stay at LA I think Millsap or Ibaka could be secondary options for less money than the other three.

one..not both

I see where the Suns have a visit set up with both Milsap and Griffin. I agree that Ibaka could be a secondary and probably less expensive option but I have seen no interest from the Celtics. I think he would be a good fit. Milsap would also be an option as he can score rebound and defend but is a poor 3 pt shooter. However i could see him fit into the Celtics offence because we could spread the floor with at least 4 shooters from deep and let him use his post up game and excellent mid range skills

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next