21 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Free Agency 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: Free Agency 2017

Post by Matty Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:05 pm

gyso wrote:
dboss wrote:
gyso wrote:
dboss wrote:Marc Stein: League sources confirm Miami/Boston/Utah is indeed the order on visits Hayward has scheduled once free agency starts Saturday at 12:01 AM ET – via Twitter ESPNSteinLine

Utah gets last chance to plead their case.  Good luck Jazz.  

dboss

Utah has money on their side.  SLC night life?  Worse than Sacto's, just ask Danny.  Razz

gyso

hayward does not need any night life.  he is married and has 2 kids.  = no nite-life

So, joke wasted?
 I thought it was  funny.. 

Ecept it reminded me  then that my wife knows a position she is in just opened up  out in that part of the country and she might be in the best position  in the company to fill it. If so SLC would be our first option to move to.

Booze could be a issue..
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by ginoc Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:46 pm

SLC pretty much sucks, but Utah has a LOT to offer for outdoor enthusiasts. Park City is gorgeous and not far. Seeing as he doesn't live there that's probably not big. Ibaka or Milsap fit that cheaper PF need. Hayward adds the scorer to help them improve and not lose young assets

I think Ainge is trying to keep & grow the young assets while winning. The real window is down the road not now. Steady, subtle improvement is the goal unless they can deal for Davis or Towns and accelerate the process. Their own "Davis or Towns" could be in the 2018 draft.

I've been to Sacramento also, and liked it. Not far from SF, Napa, Yosemite, Reno and Tahoe. You can swim in the ocean or ski the same day.

ginoc

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:20 pm

I think Ibaka's will get the best offer from Toronto, they gave up a lot to get him and I just can't see them laying down on this and letting him go elsewhere.

This whole free agent speculation is just that, speculation. I do not see Paul ending up here, because Indy wants way too much for a rental and I believe that is what he will be. He has made it quite clear he wants to go home, so convincing him to stay will be a major selling job. It just does not seem feasible. And...Indy is asking for the moon and I just do not see Danny giving it up for a rental.

I have an uneasy feeling about all of this. Hayward has had all year to think about this. Don't tell me he has not done this. Come on, in this day and age, there is no such thing as tampering. Thee guys talk to each other more than we will ever know. If he is having this much trouble leaving Utah, he never will. So I hope there is a plan B, C, or D. We are going to need it.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:14 pm

ChicagoSports @ChicagoSports

The Bulls are shopping Rajon Rondo ahead of Friday's decision day on the $13.4 million team option (link: http://trib.in/2t7a5iL) trib.in/2t7a5iL via @KCJHoop

bob
MY NOTE:  Technically not a free agent but...So, after watching their team swoon after Rondo got hurt they are shopping him and are going to hand the reins over to Kris Dunn?  

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:45 am

Rondo can't find a home. He must wear out his welcome very quickly.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:06 am

Almost FA time. Whatever happens, the team will continue to progress, whether we get George/Hayward or Griffin or a backup target like Noel, Ibaka, Milsap, Gay or Gallo or just minor additions and re-signing Olynyk. Celts will be better next season and at worst, we get to see the progress of Rozier, Smart, and Brown and the capabilities for the first time in the NBA of Zizic, Tatum and Yabs.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:41 am

Matty wrote:
gyso wrote:
dboss wrote:
gyso wrote:
dboss wrote:Marc Stein: League sources confirm Miami/Boston/Utah is indeed the order on visits Hayward has scheduled once free agency starts Saturday at 12:01 AM ET – via Twitter ESPNSteinLine

dboss

Utah has money on their side.  SLC night life?  Worse than Sacto's, just ask Danny.  Razz

gyso

hayward does not need any night life.  he is married and has 2 kids.  = no nite-life

So, joke wasted?

Ecept it reminded me  then that my wife knows a position she is in just opened up  out in that part of the country and she might be in the best position  in the company to fill it. If so SLC would be our first option to move to.

Booze could be a issue..

Well one good joke deserves another.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:44 am

bobheckler wrote:ChicagoSports @ChicagoSports

The Bulls are shopping Rajon Rondo ahead of Friday's decision day on the $13.4 million team option (link: http://trib.in/2t7a5iL) trib.in/2t7a5iL via @KCJHoop

bob
MY NOTE:  Technically not a free agent but...So, after watching their team swoon after Rondo got hurt they are shopping him and are going to hand the reins over to Kris Dunn?  

It is about the money. They are officially in rebuild mode so why spend money on him for a year if you can get something for him.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:11 am

Well, this is it. When most of us wake up tomorrow the numbers would have been dialed, the phones would have been answered (presumably) and the ball would have started rolling. Tomorrow is also the last day a deal can be made using Tyler Zeller's $8M as an expiring contract, on 7/2 it has to be guaranteed for next year or released. Unfortunately, due to the need to sign Hayward before George (assuming Danny's really is trying to do that and isn't just playing his role of Minister of Disinformation) and Hayward wants to visit Miami, Boston and Utah before deciding Zeller's contract will not be included in a Paul George deal and that is too bad.

But this is it! Sometime tomorrow some scribe will probably ferret out who was on the Celtics' call list tonight after midnight and we'll at least have an idea who they are truly interested in.

Go Celtics!! Go Get'em Danny!!

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:16 am

dboss wrote:
Matty wrote:
gyso wrote:
dboss wrote:
gyso wrote:

dboss

gyso

So, joke wasted?

Booze could be a issue..

Dboss
   It's funny how NOT funny my ability  to aquire bourbon & beer affects what I consider to be a proper quality  of life. Also there is no hooters.. 

Ugh.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:36 am

Matty wrote:
dboss wrote:
Matty wrote:
gyso wrote:
dboss wrote:
gyso wrote:

dboss

gyso

So, joke wasted?

Booze could be a issue..

Dboss
   It's funny how NOT funny my ability  to aquire bourbon & beer affects what I consider to be a proper quality  of life. Also there is no hooters.. 

Ugh.

turrible

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:47 am

Celtics fans should prepare themselves for the possibility that Ainge strikes out again and is not able to add significant upgrades to the roster.

It seems to me that if they do the Hayward upgrade (which I do not think is really necessary) but they are not able to land a high quality free agent the end result will be an improvement in the team but not enough to move us up another notch in the peaking order.  

It is pretty certain that PG13 will be traded and if the team that gets him is Cleveland the Celtics will still be playing second fiddle.  

Adding Hayward does not provide a pathway to beating the Cavs.  If we added a quality big would that do it?  Not if they get PG13.  Once you add Hayward you have to move Crowder so in a head to head match up against the Cavs you have Hayward and Brown going against Lebron and George.  We lose both of those matchups everyday.

Sobering reality.

I think DA should not go headfirst into the rabbit hole.  He did that last year with the AH signing.  DA needs to be able to guarantee a trade will be made to add another top player if he wants Hayward.  But as I stated, if PG13 goes to the Cavs the Celts will still be looking up.  If he does not go there then we have a shot at them if we get hayward and do a big time trade.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:14 am

It's ok for him to be conservative. As a team, they're going in the right direction. If we compete now with developing talent, they'll naturally get better. With the east likely weakening and the Cavs on an expiration clock. We've a good shot of controlling the east soon regardless

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:18 pm

KyleCleric wrote:It's ok for him to be conservative. As a team, they're going in the right direction. If we compete now with developing talent, they'll naturally get better. With the east likely weakening and the Cavs on an expiration clock. We've a good shot of controlling the east soon regardless

Fans and the media want DA to set off the long promised fireworks. If PG was not so adamant about playing for LA the Indy deal would be done. PG13 would be even a better fit for Boston then Hayward because he can play 3 positions and is a superior athlete.

There are more options in free agency to address our frontline. Our needs for wings is imaginary. I expect to see significant improvements for our young guys this year. The most glaring weakness on this team remains rebounding.

But this game has turn into a game of wings and 3 pt shooting efficiency. The Celtics are in need of more players that can handle the ball and create there own shot. Hayward does that better than Crowder but how much better when you also factor in the defensive aspect. The insignificance of defense in contributing to championship basketball is greatly overlooked in today's pace and space environment. You cannot win unless you have a SF that can flat out ball at both ends. Trading baskets does not win games. Making baskets AND stopping the other team from also making baskets wins games.

So if Hayward decides to take a shorter term contract to play with Boston we will be adding a wing that will really help the offense become more efficient. Jaylen Brown will become our defensive stopper at the wing. The Celtics will pick up one or two serviceable players to help on the glass and we will retain the draft picks for another day.

Both Zizic and Tatum will be integrated into the rotation and Yabu will join in by January.

Overall a pretty exciting season coming up even without adding PG13, Blake, Milsap, etc.

dboss

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:41 pm

The Celtics must be really high on Zizic.

We have heard nothing from The Celtics camp that indicates any interest in securing a big.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:52 pm

Jody Genessy: Another source confirms that Gordon Hayward really wants the Utah Jazz to bring back George Hill. His decision could hinge on that. The Jazz are in a pickle because they’re trying to get a cheaper veteran than George Hill so they can pay Gordon Hayward and Joe Ingles.

Interesting. This could be a bargaining chip for Utah
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:02 pm

dboss wrote:Jody Genessy: Another source confirms that Gordon Hayward really wants the Utah Jazz to bring back George Hill. His decision could hinge on that. The Jazz are in a pickle because they’re trying to get a cheaper veteran than George Hill so they can pay Gordon Hayward and Joe Ingles.

Interesting.  This could be a bargaining chip for Utah

They have tons of cap space. All they need to do is renounce a few of their Cap holds.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/utah_jazz/
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:03 pm

I have no problem if Ainge does not add a big time free agent like Hayward this summer even though Hayward is a top level offensive player.

The guys mentioning that it will be a bad situation if Hayward has to line up against James and tries to play defense against him are correct, and Hayward is not going to help our rebounding or lane protection in any ways.

Griffin carries a terrible medical history that makes him a huge gamble, but he is more likely to help us at the rim than is Hayward.  AND, the idea of "trading" for George (at least as it was reported last night) is absurd.

With that said, Ainge still needs to address our rebounding weaknesses.  I hope that Zizic will be part of the answer, but we all must remember that he is only 20 years old and has zero NBA experience.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:07 pm

wideclyde wrote:I have no problem if Ainge does not add a big time free agent like Hayward this summer even though Hayward is a top level offensive player.

The guys mentioning that it will be a bad situation if Hayward has to line up against James and tries to play defense against him are correct, and Hayward is not going to help our rebounding or lane protection in any ways.

Griffin carries a terrible medical history that makes him a huge gamble, but he is more likely to help us at the rim than is Hayward.  AND, the idea of "trading" for George (at least as it was reported last night) is absurd.

With that said, Ainge still needs to address our rebounding weaknesses.  I hope that Zizic will be part of the answer, but we all must remember that he is only 20 years old and has zero NBA experience.

Clyde,

With the loss of Amir, Jonas and probably Kelly I'm concerned it will take more than Griffin and Zizic to fix the rebounding problems we had with the former players.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:12 pm

dboss wrote:
dboss wrote:Jody Genessy: Another source confirms that Gordon Hayward really wants the Utah Jazz to bring back George Hill. His decision could hinge on that. The Jazz are in a pickle because they’re trying to get a cheaper veteran than George Hill so they can pay Gordon Hayward and Joe Ingles.

They have tons of cap space.  All they need to do is renounce a few of their Cap holds.

It could be more of an excuse for Hayward to leave. He has to know what Hill and Ingles plan to do. Also note that the Jazz moved up for a SG.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:17 pm

Celts should be able to sign min vets at PF and C. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jonas re-sign for vet min or room. Green could be re-signed as vet min wing if trade for PG is done.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:42 pm

bobheckler wrote:
wideclyde wrote:I have no problem if Ainge does not add a big time free agent like Hayward this summer even though Hayward is a top level offensive player.

Clyde,

With the loss of Amir, Jonas and probably Kelly I'm concerned it will take more than Griffin and Zizic to fix the rebounding problems we had with the former players.

bob

None of those guys are going to be missed on the glass. But I do agree that it will take more to sure up our rebounding. Also have not seen a scrap of hope that Boston has an interest in Griffin. i would be shocked if they got him because the Clips can now afford to resign him.

The PF/C rotation is due for 2-3 new bodies. I think KO may be retained if the the fee is somewhere in the $10-12 million area. I do not see them going up to $15 mill for his services.

dboss

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:48 pm

KyleCleric wrote:
dboss wrote:

They have tons of cap space.  All they need to do is renounce a few of their Cap holds.

It could be more of an excuse for Hayward to leave. He has to know what Hill and Ingles plan to do. Also note that the Jazz moved up for a SG.

not sure i would call it an excuse but rather a reason. I think it does provide some leverage for the Jazz. They get to make the last pitch so if retaining Hill is required than they will gladly do that. There was no mention about Hayward's concern about Ingles. That is being reported as a desire for the Jazz
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:00 pm

Chris Forsberg‏Verified account
@ESPNForsberg
Follow
More
FORGET FREE AGENCY, ANTE ZIZIC IS HERE AND DUNKING.

https://twitter.com/ESPNForsberg/status/880822494462169088

9:17 AM - 30 Jun 2017
215 Retweets 599 Likes

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:08 pm

https://twitter.com/ESPNForsberg/status/880832680983744512

Tatum can shoot!
dboss