willjr
RosalieTCeltics
bobheckler
bobc33
dboss
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Go Patriots! - Page 3 Empty Re: Go Patriots!

Post by Shamrock1000 Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:04 pm

112288 wrote:WORST DEFENSIVE GAME PLAN EVER!

PATRICIA HAD HIS HEAD ALREADY IN DETROIT VERSES FOCUSING!

HE HAD NO ANSWERS!

SORRY BUT MAT PATRICIA HAS BEEN VERY LUCKY OVER HIS TENURE AS DEFENSE COACH..............I NEVER LIKED HIS GAME PLANS.............NOT FOR BRADY HE WOULD NOT HAVE HAD SUCH A GREAT RECORD.

IN A WAY..........I AM GLAD WE ARE NOW IN A POSITION TO GET A NEW DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR.

THIS WAS A GAME EASILY WON.

ANOTHER ODD CALL............WHY SIT BUTLER...........I DO NOT GET THAT ONE!

WELL 5 MONTHS TO SUMMER TRAINING AND 6 TO KICK OFF TO ANOTHER SEASON!

GO PATS!

Totally agree with this and NYcelt's post. Patricia is a terrible defensive coordinator. The Pats's defense has sucked since he has been here. Brady has been bailing them out game after game, year after year - it was bound to come back and bite them. They are even worse than the numbers indicate. The offense is so good that other teams are often playing from behind, thus they become one dimensional and bend-but-don't-break defense is ok. Patricia is an over-rated buffoon, and I am so glad to see him gone; bend-AND-break defense just keeps Brady off the field and is depressing to watch. How could Belichik not see this???

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:13 pm

NYCelt wrote:Regarding Butler, the latest rumor for Pats fans. And like NBA rumors, NFL rumors are often nonsense.

Speculation from my Boston friend Joe is that the word is it was a disciplinary benching. Apparently he wasn't just sick earlier, he missed the flight he was supposed to make.

Rowe found out he was starting just prior to the game, of course, at the same time Butler found out he wasn't playing as a DB, but special teams only. Hence the pre-game tears.

Bostonians in a few office buildings this morning questioning why not bench him first half only.

Like I say, just word passed down from one of my Boston resident friends. Though it would be of interest to those of you in the Bay State.

NY,

This sounds to be consistent with Belichickian behaviour.  Miss or be late to a practice or flight and you do not play.  Then he says nothing about it to the press, he actually said it wasn't disciplinary.  I find that approach very refreshing in this age of entitlement.

Butler, on the other hand, took no ownership of his error.  He instead said that they gave up on him.  Color him gone, he flunked the test.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:22 pm

They went.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandpd Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:47 pm

gyso wrote:
NYCelt wrote:Regarding Butler, the latest rumor for Pats fans. And like NBA rumors, NFL rumors are often nonsense.

Speculation from my Boston friend Joe is that the word is it was a disciplinary benching. Apparently he wasn't just sick earlier, he missed the flight he was supposed to make.

Rowe found out he was starting just prior to the game, of course, at the same time Butler found out he wasn't playing as a DB, but special teams only. Hence the pre-game tears.

Bostonians in a few office buildings this morning questioning why not bench him first half only.

Like I say, just word passed down from one of my Boston resident friends. Though it would be of interest to those of you in the Bay State.

NY,

This sounds to be consistent with Belichickian behaviour.  Miss or be late to a practice or flight and you do not play.  Then he says nothing about it to the press, he actually said it wasn't disciplinary.  I find that approach very refreshing in this age of entitlement.

Butler, on the other hand, took no ownership of his error.  He instead said that they gave up on him.  Color him gone, he flunked the test.

gyso

Allow me to throw some cliches at the contentious situation: Did Belichick put his stubbornness and rigid adherence to his own team rules and policies over and above the sole purpose of why you're in the Super Bowl in the first place, which is to win THAT game? You might say that you can't bend the rules yet you're at the culmination of your campaign, there's no tomorrow. To put it another way, was it a failure to see the forest for the trees? Did he jeopardize the team's chances to win because of it? Philly deserved to win and the Butler benching isn't the only reason for the Pats lost. Philly had a better game plan, Fowles outperformed Brady with a near-perfect performance and the Pats' defense sucked, giving up huge chunks of yards - the Eagles were the better team.
Sandpd
Sandpd

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:51 pm

I was a season's ticket owner from the first season the Boston Patriots started here in Boston. They played in so many different stadiums over the years. Billy Sullivan was a wonderful man, without him, there would be no New England Patriots. His sons took over after Billy could no longer do it and ended up selling to Bob Kraft. We paid our dues, for all those who think the Patriots act like they were winners forever.
We sat thru some of the most awful games you could imagine. But, in the mean time, we also saw some great players come thru here. I am proud to call myself an original, die hard, Patriots fan.

Whatever happened yesterday, The Eagles won the game and are Super Bowl champions. So it is time to congratulate the Eagle fans here on the board and elsewhere. We will hopefully see you next year and hope you will wish us well when we win.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:10 pm

Too bad BB will not tell the truth. He says it was schematic. No one believes that. The media cites discipline. In the end NE needed Bultler in the game yesterday.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandpd Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:27 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I was a season's ticket owner from the first season the Boston Patriots started here in Boston.  They played in so many different stadiums over the years. Billy Sullivan was a wonderful man, without him, there would be no New England Patriots. His sons took over after Billy could no longer do it and ended up selling to Bob Kraft. We paid our dues, for all those who think the Patriots act like they were winners forever.
We sat thru some of the most awful games you could imagine. But, in the mean time, we also saw some great players come thru here. I am proud to call myself an original, die hard, Patriots fan.

Whatever happened yesterday, The Eagles won the game and are Super Bowl champions. So it is time to congratulate the Eagle fans here on the board and elsewhere.  We will hopefully see you next year and hope you will wish us well when we win.

Rosalie

Rosalie,

I remember attending a Boston Patriots game at Fenway Park in the 60's and sat in the temporary seats that they put up in the outfield. They were a bad team at that time.

They played some their games at Harvard Stadium too. Schaefer stadium was the pits, probably the cheapest football stadium ever built where they essentially poured and slapped together slabs of concrete. Those backless aluminum planks that they called seats were torturous, making it especially uncomfortable in the cold weather.

I haven't had the good fortune to visit their current home, but I imagine it's a more accommodating stadium.

As the Patriots are saying, "Wait till next year," the C's are saying, "Bring it on now."
Sandpd
Sandpd

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:01 am

First off congrats to the Eagles, their fans and the City of Philadelphia. They played a great game and deserved to win.

I’m Boston born and raised, and I’ve rooted for the four Boston teams since before I could walk I’m sure.  In all that time the number one douchebag in all of Boston sports has to be Coach Belichick.  He doesn’t have the courtesy to treat us fans, or the media, with even a small amount of respect or honesty.  Malcolm Butler doesn’t play, everyone wonders why especially with the defense struggling, and Belichick says it was a “coaches decision” and that “Butler didn’t fit in the schemes” and he simply “put the team in the best position to win.”

Well Coach Billy Bag of Donuts, if you really feel playing Eric Rowe, Jordan Richards and Johnson Bademosi instead of Butler puts the team in the best position to win, then the cheese has slid off your cracker and it is time for another occupation.  

But we know you aren’t that dumb.  

So it must be you think you can lie to us with us a straight face, and we don't need to know why you didn’t play him?  Well if that is the case you’re a lying sack of shit and it is time for another occupation.

I looked up “lying sack of shit” in the Urban Dictionary, and while Coach Belichick’s picture isn’t there yet, I did think the following is an apt description of him.

TOP DEFINITION
lying sack of shit
n. (metaphorical, yet, often simultaneously literal) one who habitually and effortlessly utters falsehoods in a most blatant and profane manner, all the while maintaining a lackadaisical appearance of ingenuousness; despite, or perhaps, due to the fact that their entire corporeal membrane is filled to bursting with an inexhaustible supply of foul, though nitrogen-rich fecal mendacities waiting to be excreted into their victims' ears
I can't believe you'd give any credence to anything that lying sack of shit says!

(insert name of any living politician or other person who wants something from you here) is a lying sack of shit!
by GM July 21, 2003

Once again hats off to the Eagles, they are a great story and deserved victors.

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:04 am

Look, I get it, he`s a great competitor, he was devastated by the loss, the only good loser is a loser, etc. etc., but Tom Brady`s leaving the field without the traditional post-game handshake, where the losing quarterback congratulates the winner , was , for want of a better word, bush league.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:30 am

bobc33 wrote:First off congrats to the Eagles, their fans and the City of Philadelphia. They played a great game and deserved to win.

I’m Boston born and raised, and I’ve rooted for the four Boston teams since before I could walk I’m sure.  In all that time the number one douchebag in all of Boston sports has to be Coach Belichick.  He doesn’t have the courtesy to treat us fans, or the media, with even a small amount of respect or honesty.  Malcolm Butler doesn’t play, everyone wonders why especially with the defense struggling, and Belichick says it was a “coaches decision” and that “Butler didn’t fit in the schemes” and he simply “put the team in the best position to win.”

Well Coach Billy Bag of Donuts, if you really feel playing Eric Rowe, Jordan Richards and Johnson Bademosi instead of Butler puts the team in the best position to win, then the cheese has slid off your cracker and it is time for another occupation.  

But we know you aren’t that dumb.  

So it must be you think you can lie to us with us a straight face, and we don't need to know why you didn’t play him?  Well if that is the case you’re a lying sack of shit and it is time for another occupation.

I looked up “lying sack of shit” in the Urban Dictionary, and while Coach Belichick’s picture isn’t there yet, I did think the following is an apt description of him.

TOP DEFINITION
lying sack of shit
n. (metaphorical, yet, often simultaneously literal) one who habitually and effortlessly utters falsehoods in a most blatant and profane manner, all the while maintaining a lackadaisical appearance of ingenuousness; despite, or perhaps, due to the fact that their entire corporeal membrane is filled to bursting with an inexhaustible supply of foul, though nitrogen-rich fecal mendacities waiting to be excreted into their victims' ears
I can't believe you'd give any credence to anything that lying sack of shit says!

(insert name of any living politician or other person who wants something from you here) is a lying sack of shit!
by GM July 21, 2003

Once again hats off to the Eagles, they are a great story and deserved victors.

+1

Now thats is a great post. Lmaortf

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:42 am

Malcolm Butler’s ex-teammate hints that weed, curfew led to benching

https://nypost.com/2018/02/05/malcolm-butlers-ex-teammate-weed-curfew-led-to-benching/amp/

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:40 pm

Pretty blatant pass interference on the final Hail Mary pass play to end the game, except a game cannot end on a defensive foul.

He got blasted at about the 35 yard line.  If the ball was placed at the spot of the foul Brady would have had one more shot at the end zone from a non-Hail Mary range.

https://twitter.com/CarlSetterlund/status/960353849096704000

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:05 pm

Brady had a private meeting with the quarterback from Philadelphia after the game. On top of that, his wife stood in the hallway and congratulated every Philadelphia player and shook their hand.

You want to throw dirt on anyone, leave Brady out of it. He is a true gentleman. I will never throw him under a bus at all.

If you want to throw dirt anywhere, throw it at Belechick. He is not above everyone like he thinks. I know he is a genius when it comes to putting a team together, but ??????he let his anger take over for this one. Let him go home and think about this one.

RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:36 pm

Just a quick commentary: As a non-Bostonian, and a non-Patriots fan, I find BobC and Rosalie's comments eye-opening.

When two of the most knowledgeable, most respected, board members we have get this hot over the coach of one of their beloved teams, well, wow. It makes me wonder if other Bostonians and New Englanders are thinking the same thing. Bostonians and other New Englanders, to my experience, love their teams without question. Their support is almost cult-like. Tommy Heinsohn is the perfect example. In his eyes, has any Celtic ever committed a foul, or failed to be fouled every trip down the floor? I'm pretty sure BobC and Rosalie share that view. That's a Boston sports fan.

I've seen how they support their teams, so I'm guessing if they're that hot, they're not alone. If I'm Coach Hoodie, it's time to do or say something positive, with a smile, and quick.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:10 pm

Butler released a statement just a short time ago, I think it is on the Boston Globe or Boston.com. It rebuts everything that has been reported. Someday, somehow, the truth will really come out. This is an ugly ending to a wonderful season. The first to message Butler was Brady on Instagram.

This is sad, so many people in the league are eating this right up.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3