gyso
Phil Pressey
Sandpd
7 posters

Go down

NBA League Pass Free Preview Empty NBA League Pass Free Preview

Post by Sandpd Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:51 pm

I'm not sure if this is available to everyone, but I thought I'd do a FYI:

Don't miss out! Live NBA games are available free now through January 21st with NBA League Pass Free Preview. Watch online or download the NBA App on your favorite device to stream live games all week long.*

Check out some of the top games you can watch for FREE this week. Plus, the Mavericks/Nuggets and Knicks/Lakers matchups are available in Virtual Reality for a truly amazing viewing experience.
MONDAY, JANUARY 15
MIA
TORONTO
RAPTORS 1:00 PM ET
BOS
PHILADELPHIA
76ERS
TUESDAY, JANUARY 16
MIA
DALLAS
MAVERICKS 9:00 PM ET
BOS
DENVER
NUGGETS
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 17
MIA
WASHINGTON
WIZARDS 7:00 PM ET
BOS
CHARLOTTE
HORNETS
THURSDAY, JANUARY 18
MIA
INDIANA
PACERS 10:00 PM ET
BOS
PORTLAND
TRAIL BLAZERS
FRIDAY, JANUARY 19
MIA
SAN ANTONIO
SPURS 7:00 PM ET
BOS
TORONTO
RAPTORS
MIA
INDIANA
PACERS 10:30 PM ET
BOS
L.A.
LAKERS
SATURDAY, JANUARY 20
MIA
MILWAUKEE
BUCKS 7:30 PM ET
BOS
PHILADELPHIA
76ERS
SUNDAY, JANUARY 21
MIA
NEW YORK
KNICKS 3:30 PM ET
BOS
L.A.
LAKERS
Sandpd
Sandpd

Back to top Go down

NBA League Pass Free Preview Empty Re: NBA League Pass Free Preview

Post by Phil Pressey Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:39 pm

I quit League Pass after using it the last couple years. I have not been too impressed. Maybe it was from using Chrome, but whenever I'd go to full screen, the aspect ratio went out of control chopping off a decent chunk of the picture. So I was forced to leave it as is like watching a tiny t.v..

They kept asking me to turn off ad blocker. Too many games are given to NBA TV and for some reason that would blackout league pass. Now that the Celtics are good, many of their games are now on TNT and ESPN/ABC.

Giving up on them backfires sometimes having to run around for streams. It doesn't seem that difficult and I use virus protection and ad blocker.
Phil Pressey
Phil Pressey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandpd Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:56 pm

Phil Pressey wrote:I quit League Pass after using it the last couple years. I have not been too impressed. Maybe it was from using Chrome, but whenever I'd go to full screen, the aspect ratio went out of control chopping off a decent chunk of the picture. So I was forced to leave it as is like watching a tiny t.v..

They kept asking me to turn off ad blocker. Too many games are given to NBA TV and for some reason that would blackout league pass. Now that the Celtics are good, many of their games are now on TNT and ESPN/ABC.

Giving up on them backfires sometimes having to run around for streams. It doesn't seem that difficult and I use virus protection and ad blocker.

I'm just taking advantage of their free preview . . . it's a just bonus for me. I don't have it and don't intend to sign-up for it. As you say, the other cable stations carry plenty of games to watch.
Sandpd
Sandpd

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Pressey Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:04 pm

Yes, you did people a service letting them know there are accessible free games.

There was another problem I had with League Pass. It was nice to watch games on a big t.v., but that stopped working for Roku. Maybe the NBA is fixing things and making it more user-friendly, but at times I found it very frustrating and not worth the bill.
Phil Pressey
Phil Pressey

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:08 pm

NBA League Pass has gotten better each year, but I still think it makes a difference as to which platform you use it with. When I used my laptop, I would not get to choose which broadcast to watch. At that same time, my Roku would allow broadcast choice.

I now use a Firebox and a Kindle to watch games. Most of the time I use the Firebox and watch the game on my big tv. I haven't had a problem yet this season. Last season, it blacked out Washington games as well as the Charlotte games. I called them about it before the new season started, they said it sometimes happens. They gave me a special log in method to use if it ever happens again but it never has.

When I use the Kindle, it becomes a problem to join in with the Game On thread. Once I leave the game, i have to start all over again going through the process of bringing the game back on.

Between league pass and Sling TV, I never miss a single game. The total cost is about $200 per season, well worth it.

For those Celtics fans outside the New England area like me, I do not know how you can get your bb fix. I tried to stream games on the internet, all that cost me was two computers, both ruined by viruses. No thanks.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:30 pm

For years I suffered through the process of following the Celtics down here in the ATL (since 1986)

I got Direct TV about 10 years ago and have been a subscriber to NBA league pass and I also got a subscription to local sports shows comcast Boston now NBCSports/Boston  (Felger sucks)

There was a time when bad teams rarely got any national TV coverage (cannot understand why the Lakers get so much coverage now)    So when Boston was really bad they got less  National TV games.

There is a cost associated with seeing every game the Celtics play.  I am out of market.  So I looked at the cost and decided that it was well worth the investment and have been a league pass member for a very long time.

I do not need to stream or find some contaminated sites to see a game.  The great thing is that my wife who is also from Boston loves the Celtics and together we watch every game.  Every Celtics game is a nite out on the town.

At this point in my life I do not see the cost as prohibitive.  I am watching the Celtics.

When a better and more reliable service is available I will check it out.  I really like the option of seeing every NBA game played by every team.  But my primary objective is to watch my Boston Celtics and see every game on TV and if by some slim chance I am out of the house the game will be recorded on DVR and i will watch it when I come home.

I am a Boston Celtics Junkie (Clap, clap, clap) But I do not seek a cure!

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:42 pm

Dboss, years ago invested in one of those big satellite dishes. Watched the C’s thru the 80’s with it.  Got the live feed with no commercial breaks.  Tommy and Mike were hilarious during those times when the live feed was off.  After most feeds got scrambled it was difficult to impossible to watch regularly.  We’ve had DTV for several years now and I’ve had league pass most of them.  

Money well spent for sure.  This is my entertainment. I don’t go to movies so for the price of a few movies I can see my team all the time.

And with the boy working in Boston and his connections I’ve been able to attend several in person as weather and time permits.

Matter fact my daughter is visiting Marcus today and they are going to the Boston Colege game this eve and the C’s tomorrow.  Wish I could have gone but too many things going on at home.

But it is nice to be able to watch every game even if I have to turn the sound off sometimes (VanGundy comes to mind)

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:59 pm

league pass on steaming since Turner took over I found horrible, enough that I cancelled it and refuse to give them another dollar.

if and when the NBA finds a real provider of the service I may consider it again.

but I can be a stubborn cuss.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:06 pm

Phil Pressey wrote:I quit League Pass after using it the last couple years. I have not been too impressed. Maybe it was from using Chrome, but whenever I'd go to full screen, the aspect ratio went out of control chopping off a decent chunk of the picture. So I was forced to leave it as is like watching a tiny t.v..

I have the League pass this year and had it last year. I use Chrome, and haven't had any problems with the aspect ratio, so maybe they fixed that problem. I also use AdBlocker and don't have any problems with that either, though I may have told AdBlocker not to run on nba.com - can't remember. Another poster said he/she had trouble finding the Celtics broadcast - I can always choose the home or away feed, so I always get to hear the Celtics broadcasters. I Totally agree though that it is really aggravating when they black out games on nba.tv!!! Most basic cable plans have espn and TNT but most don't have nbatv. Very annoying, especially since the league pass is not exactly cheap.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down