mrkleen09
dboss
mulcogiseng
RosalieTCeltics
bobheckler
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Jazz, Away Empty Comments From The Other Side - vs Jazz, Away

Post by bobheckler Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:06 pm

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2018/03/comments-from-other-side-jazz-32818.html

by FLCeltsFan

The game we’ve all been anticipating. The thread we have all been anticipating. We've speculated since he left whether-or-not he would have his yearly flu game penciled in for the next couple seasons to coincide with visits to Vivint. But the day has arrived… THE RETURN. Kind of. Not really. Probably not. But I’m sure he’ll get an up-close view of the happenings on his 85” HD Vizio. That’s almost like being in the arena, and no less courageous.

Comments From The Other Side - vs Jazz, Away DViKusXU0AA5KrG

Comments From The Other Side - vs Jazz, Away 27aruk

Ainge and Boston have so much bad karma owed. Basketball gods will be watching.  (MY NOTE:  the basketball gods wear green)

Will the pale cipher ever show his face in vivint again? If he does, and the boos rain down on him, will he look any more or less indifferent than he did for 7 seasons?

****ing haywood... Hope we beat them by 40. He acts like a badass now that he plays for the Celtics?? What he did is a such a **** move. In normal life, you give your employee 2 weeks notice at least. He didn't even do that **** and just ran away. Yeah. **** you haywood.  (MY NOTE:  In normal life you get a new job first and THEN give notice.  That's what Hayward did)

It has been basically a year without GTime. Who is ready to say I was right the whole time for hating on Hayward? Now that you see what a real star looks like in Mitchell and Rudy.

-Jae Crowder, the heart and soul of the Boston Celtics, gets a call from Danny Ainge (and former Professional Chotchski).
-Danny Ainge: 'Hey Bae... it's Bae right? Gae?"
Anyways... How's your mom doing (sinister laugh)"
-Jae Crowder: "My name is Jae, not Bae or Gay... And Sir, she's not doing very...INTERRUPTED
-Danny Ainge: "Yeah, whatevs. Don't care. Hey, Gae... Just wanted to say. Thanks for playing with all your heart! We bought that shizzzz and sold it to our fans for some serious Coin. But we are going to fetch a better price by selling your pile to Cleveland." "Just FYI, we got KYRIE for you and that midget with the bum hip, Thomas whats-his-face". "In fact, we plan to sell everyone on the team except 4 players".
-5 minutes later, Jae Crowder's mother passed away. Ainge was at lunch with GAEward during the funeral.

Dear Ainge, Hayward and Boston: **** you!!!

And Coach Brad Stevens f him too

I want he Jazz to win by 88 points tonight but I'll settle for 53.

Would love to stick it to them tonight. Something rubs me the wrong way about Ainge, Hay, and the fan base.

Boston fans and their TV crew is the worst in NBA.

Jazz need to show up tonight with an extreme chip on their shoulders and not even give these guys hope of winning the game. Jazz have a swagger about them this season that we haven't seen in a very long time, I think there is a quiet confidence that they know they're going to sneak up on some team in the playoffs and blow them off the court.

If anyone wants to listen to a hilarious **** show make sure you tune in to the Boston broadcast.  

Horford and Morris are out. That's good for us, but Jaylen brown and Tatum have been damn great for them. This will be a barn burner.

We need to win by 20 for me to feel good about this now...
No Irving, Hayward, Morris, smart, Horford It’s almost like someone managing that team pissed off the basketball gods by ruthlessly using and trading players... I also have an unfounded theory that he and Brad had recruiting convos with Hayward pre free agency.

I'm sure Hay and Brad were talking from day one when Hay joined the Jazz. Did Hay sign his second contract with the Jazz before or after Brad came to the Celtics? We underestimated the bond they had.

During a broadcast on espn, I heard the first person Hayward talked to upon becoming an all star was brad Stevens. He decided long ago.

he has now missed an entire season, will never regain his (barely All-Star) form, and will probably be traded before 2020.

Can’t wait to see Tatum resume his rightful position on his knees for Donovan

Tatum and Brown are who Utah needs to control tonight,control them Utah wins

Haywood is probably washing his hair instead of watching this game.

It will be interesting to see Ainge trade Hayward for AD or Kawhi if they become available. That wouldn’t surprise me in the least. Why Hayward didn’t demand a no trade clause is beyond me.  (MY NOTE:  I would, and I would be damn disappointed in Danny if he didn't)

No trade clauses aren’t given out like candy bars. Not even Blake freaking Griffin nor Steph goddamn Curry could get a no trade clause in their contracts so what makes you think that a guy like Gordon Hayward could have?

Another game against a depleted playoff team. Can't afford to lay an egg here. Yo Jae

No way Jazz lose this one.  They are playing a bunch of scrubs.  Jazz has the better team even with their full team but now it's not even close.  No way they even score 60 points tonight.  

Seriously bummed that Hairweird isn’t going to be suiting up.

Celtics have played tough even with a lot of injuries. They have really good depth. Jazz can’t choke this one away after all the gifts we were given the last two days. We need to come out and handle business.

They just beat the Trail Blazers in Portland and Thunder in Boston in the last three games. They are playing well. And for our game they will add Jaylen Brown to the mix. Do not take them lightly! Go Jazz!

It will be interesting to see how Jae Crowder plays.

I'm done with the Gordo hate Wish him well. I like the team better now so no hard feelings from me. He is a good player and the injury sucked. Hope he comes back and does well for the Celtics.

Come on guys, get out there and win this one for all of us!
Comments From The Other Side - vs Jazz, Away DF2iXXr

We will get this one, right? I mean… "Marcus Morris is out for this game after spraining his ankle in the game against the Suns. Al Horford is questionable with an ankle sprain. Kyrie Irving (knee), Daniel Theis (knee), Gordon Hayward (ankle), and Marcus Smart (thumb) are all still out. The Celtics signed Xavier Silas, who last played on Scal’s team in the Big 3 League, and he is expected to join the team for this game" And now Horford confirmed out too. Uggg poor team, I am both sad and happy lol

The Jazz have been playing down to the level of competition lately, particularly in the first half, hopefully because it's Boston they won't do that tonight.

An opponent displaying a starter named Guerschon Yabusele. That's more than a trap. That's the Teutoburg Ambush.  (MY NOTE:  I'm quite impressed whomever this is knows about the Teutoburg Ambush.  What's he doing on this thread of yahoos?)

The dancing bear does got game

Looks like the Celts are mailing this one in. We better win and Jazz better win and not fall into a trap versus the Boston B-Team.

Isiah Thomas with more hip issues?

Don't think anyone will be backing up those money trucks

it sounds like there's a lot of boston fans there disappointing.

Hayward is just the right kind of Milquetoast player that a lot of people might follow to the Celtics

Young Celts slicing us up.

Is that big baby?

Man, Tatum is sweet

Out of control Crowder ....against good teams I think Utah will struggle to score points

He'll settle down. It is a grudge game for him. That sobered him up.

Exum has like 7 inches on Larkin

For some reason it just feels good when Jerebko and Crowder score against Boston.

Greg Monroe has the same two moves since he came in the league.

Great move by Tatum... Damn.. He's actually gonna steal plenty of Haywards shine when he returns.. I've long predicted he'd be better than Hayward. That triple wing lineup of Tatum-Brown-Hayward with Kyrie at point is gonna be devastating tho..

That steal and score the highlight of Naders career LOL

Tatums chops are very retro. I like them. Hayward one of the top three wings in the east? He may not be in the top three wings on his team next season.

I don't know what defensive scheme Boston is running, but it's impressive.

Dang I love Boston's commenting crew Scal obvs a great commentator but both just smart and complimentary of the opposing team

Jerebko is like my least favorite player on this team

Forgot Celts picked up Monroe.

Crowder shoots every time he is even half open lol

Tatum's' good

Crowder and Jerebko not having much of a revenge game Unless they are trying to revenge against the Jazz for some reason.

Barry Larkin is killing us. Jazz hitting absolutely nothing. In my angst against Paleward, I forgot how much I dislike Boston in general.

Jazz don't look like they have any particular plan for beating the Celtics... let’s go Snyder, step it up!!

How does Baines shot even go in?

Tatum is making Jordan Haywood so redundant. And therefore increasingly expensive.

An injury depleted team holding Utah's offense in check.....crowder,oneale and jerebko ,25 minutes 3 points

Boston is the best defensive team I believe. And those guys aren't exactly known for lighting the world on fire.

Utah is the best defensive team but at the expense of being a good scoring team.

Boston 1st Jazz 2nd But it’s close

Except Boston is playing without regular starters Horford and Irving and backup Theis and Smart ...Yabulsele isn't a part of that defense, Jazz are going to have problems scoring against the good teams relying on Crowder,ONeale and Jerebko for points

We’re in the bonus with 9 minutes left. Time for Rubio flop city.

I feel like Boston is getting way too many offensive rebounds.

Boston plays hard regardless who is playing

Baynes will look good on the Jazz when Boston dumps him to get AD.  (MY NOTE:  Works for me)

Ainge knew what he was doing when he dumped Jerebko and Crowder.

Tatum you pos, you are a turd in Mitchell's toilet.

Number 46 for Boston looks like a giant overweight Hayward.

Lardwood

Jalen Brown is killing us

Scal with the wtf moment "right now going forward five or seven years, i’d take jalen brown over Donovan Mitchell"

Our bigs getting hammered is just getting old at this point If you don't flop you don't get calls

In the NBA it isn't real unless the refs call it and we are the Jazz and they are the royal Celtics.

Hopefully the guys are fired up, now. There will be green blood! (But not REALLY, because- gross!)

My cat keeps coming downstairs to check on me Because I keep screaming at the refs. I really shouldn’t watch games when my wife isn’t home, I get way too agitated.

I hate how much I like Brad Stevens.

I like tatum~~good ballplayer

This ****ing Ojelordan

Boston comes out in a 2-3 zone and we look like a deer in headlights.

Excellent switch by Stevens to muck things up.

Who would of guessed that two amazing defensive teams would play an ugly game.

Oh wow Baynes sick dunk

Someone needs to tell Stevens Semi is a bust. Anyone like him at draft time?

Good thing we switch rims at halftime. The crooked one sucks

Man I hate everything about the Celtics. Haywhore, Ainge, Stevens, Tatum to name a few specifics ..

Ralph Nader is better at basketball then I remember.

I wouldn't mind getting that Baynes guy - he plays hard, steady on D and can hit that little jumper

Rozier heating up

Credit to the C's bench players (starters tonight) They keep coming at the Jazz

Monroe might as well be wearing a Jazz jersey, lol

Man... get a win by any means possible. But if we are fortunate enough to win it feels like a loss. Boston’s JV team is pushing us to the edge on our home floor. Terry Rozier is eating Exum alive

Rozier can go strait to hell.

I’m almost impressed with how loud the Celtic fans are in the Viv tonight!

We gotta shut down Rozier in these last few minutes. Boston is going to feed him. They love getting him the ball at the end of games.

**** he's heating up too. C'mon guys

These guys have been winning a lot of games, even under-manned, lately, right? They beat POR in POR, and POR is playing well lately. Stevens has a disciplined system and team. He's a good coach. It's different than struggling v Hawks of GSW Imo.

Crowder has his true fans cheering for him. F off Boston and F off Haywhore .

We got this. Mitchell is a better closer than anyone on Boston sans Kyrie.

Asking for Rozier/Brown/Tatym to take over arent ya.

Rosier is playing out of his mind and eating humans the past couple of mins.

Rozier is single handedly keeping Boston in this game

I'm not a big fan of mitchell dribbling at the 3 point line for 15 seconds

Mitchell isolations just take energy out of team and lotsa standing around, and wastes clock

Jazz Better Win This game is too close. We should be winning.

Example a million and one as to why a team shouldn't start a game repeatedly turning the ball over and letting a far inferior team . . . (in this case, due to all the Celts starters who are out) stick around

**** man. Impossible to outhustle these green scrubs

Larkin the smallest guy on the court gets the rebound. Where is Rudy?

Ya'll see Mitchell talking to the fans? Said "This is our house!"

He better learn he has to back it up when he talks like that, not throw the damn game away.

Boston always has multiple guys around the ball. They are annoying.

Mitchell is turning into Hayward with the walk through ball up and wait the clock out

Horrible coaching. Horrible hustle. Horrible execution. We don’t deserve to win, and we don’t deserve the playoffs. Unbelievable.

We lose on a Brown 3. I feel gross

What a play design I can see why Hayward left us. **** you Quin Snyder. Well, for this game.

Brad Stevens is a better coach than Snyder .Stevens is more flexible and imaginative .Snyder sticks with his own plan no matter if his players can't make a basket.

Coach Snyder COTY?

Brad Stevens:
Comments From The Other Side - vs Jazz, Away Giphy

TBH Jalen Brown would be a tremendous third piece for us, I love his game. Really disappointed to drop this one, coulda had the 3rd seed.

Brad Stevens is such a good coach man... He just beat them with a ragtag roster on the road... I'm not even sure what I just witnessed right there.

Credit to Boston. No matter who plays they give all they've got. And I think Brown and Tatum will make Hayward expendable in a couple years.

Larkin was +25, weird.

He completely outworked Rubio at the end. I can’t believe it. What a disaster.

Stevens >>>Snyder Tatum >>> Mitchel only homers don't get it

Utah never had a chance
5 on 8 to screw the Raptors with nba hate
Boston is who TV networks want in the dance
The refs get it”anyone playing the Celtics decapitate

I don't think the officiating was that bad. If you want to place blame, blame all the offensive rebounds they gave up, the fumbled passes, lack of execution, clock management, and passive play at the end.

Pretty horrendous ending by the Jazz and very good coaching and execution by the Celts.

In a league where some teams cant manage to find a single decent PG (phoenix, sacramento, new york, etc) Boston managed to find four of them. It's pretty sickening

Donovan Mitchell needs to stay off twitter for a while. Work on his game instead.

I was telling my son this whole game ...Snyder even tightened up the rotation against the likes of Larkin ,Ojeyele,Nader, Monroe in desperation

Yep, we deserve this loss. Stevens kicked our ***

What a ****** finish. Refs gave us a lot of good calls through 3rd and 4th and just swallowed the whistles the last 3 minutes.

They out hustled us, played with more heart. Hope it don't end up costing us the playoffs, at the hands of Boston that would suck.

Excited for Lebron to destroy these green *******

Gotta hand it to Boston, they played really well. I don't think I've seen a team get quite so many deflections against us this year. And we give up a lot.

You could Stevens a team out of the local Y and he would make them competitive. Snyder on the other hand...

Stevens>>> Snyder. Admit it.

You're overreacting a little bit. Stevens and Snyder are both great coaches. If you've forgotten it was Quin who got the W in Boston. Brad got one on him tonight, nothing to stress about. Just like players have off nights coaches can too.

They ran a great play out of that timeout. Had us completely baffled.

Worst loss of the season... I’d rather lose to the worst team in the NBA by 60, than this. ****!

Utah just got exposed. Stick a fork in em. Was a good run. Their chasing a consolation prize of making the playoffs.

Simply matching Boston’s intensity would have won this game. No way a team void of any legit playmakers should have scored this much against Utah.

This is much easier said than done... Terry Rozier is near Gobert levels of intense... Jaylen Brown, Semi Ojeleye, Yabusele, Shane Larkin... Nader... Baynes.. The C's roster composition is several top-guns (and one in training - Tatum) surrounded by some certified dogs... C's showed a lot of grit tonight in that 4th quarter. That was like a good heavyweight fight the way this game swayed.
Tatum definitely played better than Donovan tonight.

No Horford, no Irving, no Smart, no problem...Jazz simply outclassed by a much better team. I wish I didn't hate the Celtics so much. Ainge has done an amazing job building his team. KOC/DL let player after player walk for no return (except cap space which Lindsey used only once). Celtics hit on so many picks.

The Celitcs have good athletes, and they played hard and fast all night. They played their asses off on defense and scrapped out a win.

This is a great game for the Jazz to learn from. The Celtics put athletes on the floor and it was clear which of our guys could deal with it and which couldn't. Jerebko was almost useless. Ingles had some struggles in the 2nd half. Crowder didn't get much done.

This was a coaching loss (or win from the C’s perspective) – the stupid coached fouls to stop the break so there is no foul to give. The not calling a time out to make sure the Jazz do a 2 for 1, long stretches with a questionable lineup. So many coaching places where Brad beat the stuffing out of Q.

I didn’t think the Celtics bench and farm system players would beat the jazz in Utah confused Part of me wants the jazz to miss the playoffs, we don’t deserve it with the way we consistently take games at home like this for granted.

It’s tough to beat good teams when the refs throw the game…

refs helped us if anything only really bad call I remember against us was that Favors dunk attempt

Ingles and Crowder lost that game by not being willing to take their open shots in the last 3 or 4 possessions

The no call on Crowder COMPLETELY changed the last minutes of this game…..

No Crowder didn’t even complain after the shot for a foul, there was no foul.

It was a great play design Larkin ran an aggressive drive into the paint right off the brown pick, which forced gobert to sink into the paint and prevent the layup attempt. Brown immediately popped out to the 3 point line knowing he’d be wide open. Boston ran that play to perfection,

This loss was just as pathetic as the Atlanta loss.

Comparing Atlanta to Boston is a complete lack of credibility in your post.

No this loss was just as bad Boston played their bench and 3rd string against us tonight. They had 1 starter play against us and he’s a rookie. This was pathetic any way you slice it.

I hope Ainge trades Hayward to some terrible team.

Jazz played not to lose and Celtics played to win.

Rozier had 3 big 3’s in the 4th after going like 0/9 – how does that happen

There was a stretch in the 3rd quarter where Ojeleye scored 7 points in a few possession span that was crucial to the comeback too. That really got the C's feeling confident their bench was going nuts.

Classic Trap Game The Jazz fell into the trap. Looked over confident; wasted too much time on the clock down the stretch. Sad.

SO ****ING GLAD I DIDNT WATCH THIS GAME

U missed a very good game. Just not a good result for Jazz fans.

C's weren't handed that victory, they snatched it on their own volition..

Celtics didn't have Morris, Smart, Kyrie, Gordo, Horford... AND we lost. Pretty awesome

IDK, but Stevens is a coaching genius for going to the zone. I'm guessing the Jazz haven't practiced zone offense all year, if ever. The zone shook Mitchell, Crowder, and Rubio. Crowder made so many mistakes against the zone and Mitchell just seemed confused.

Sometimes in games like this, it comes down to talented players making plays, and tonight Jaylen Brown, Terry Rozier and Jason Tatum made some.

Watching the highlights, the game was really won by the Celtics' 3-pt shooting. Larkin, Brown, Tatum, Rozier were hitting most the night.

No. Stevens zone won that game.

I hate everything... we had em on the ropes a couple times and nothing ****.

All I have to say is...**** you Gordon Monson! This is your fault!   (MY NOTE:  YES!!!  Gordon Monson is a SLC writer who just did a hit piece on Hayward, saying that they're better with Mitchell and Crowder and Jerebko and he doesn't miss Hayward, but why doesn't he return his phone calls anymore, blah, blah, blah)

Outscored 9 - 0 to end the game. I expect the team will look at why and get back to work. If you guys give up on this team after winning 23 out of 28 games then you don't deserve to watch the games.

Typical Jazz fan who considers winning 23 of 28 a victory. Get your mediocre lovin *** outta here!!

On the Celtics side of things, they have so many talented young guys. I really do think that moving Hayward before his contract ends is a possibility. I think Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum have so much talent that losing 34 minutes at the SF spot for Hayward isn’t a good move.   Jayson Tatum is one of three rookies in this class that I think are the next wave of all-stars in the league. His ceiling is so much higher than Haywards is. Jaylen Brown is a monster too.

Celtics have the coach taking the torch from Pop and we have Quintin McDribbles.

I like Brown. The bastard.

I just want to say that this teams like Boston and Spurs are really tough to beat no matter who is on the floor. They have the best coaches in the league for a reason.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Jazz, Away Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - vs Jazz, Away

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:42 pm

Let them eat their hearts out, and let Crowder bitch all he wants. They lost, period
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Jazz, Away Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - vs Jazz, Away

Post by mulcogiseng Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:40 pm

This has to be one of the best "comments from the other side" ever. So many Gifs so little time. That one of Brad's eyemovent is an instant classic.

I'm beginning to think all of our comments about that guy who is no longer in KG's phone are nothing much at all. Hayward is hated in Utah. Talk about salty. Rolling Eyes

How interesting that they have their postgame thread as part of their game on thread. Could you imagine us hanging out that long after the game?
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:01 pm

We would never go to sleep, or we would join Berlin for breakfast!!!! It is a great place to be, this Sam's Celtic Forum, boy how he would love this team, especially Jaylen Brown!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:34 pm

Some things are just meant to be.

Hayward was destined to join the Celtics once Brad Stevens was hired.

The Jazz fans aren't very jazzy.  There was however some good strings of analysis mixed in with the hate.

It feels so good to be a Celtics fan.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:44 pm

That is all I keep saying dboss. This team has got me right by my heart. I love watching them grow, love watching them prove all the genius's wrong, and shutting up all the naysayers.

As I have said before many times, I cannot wait for Hayward to step foot on the floor next year. Our offense is going to be so exciting. And for those who do not like or appreciate Horford, I am not sure where we would be without him with all these injuries.

Saturday night is going to be a real test to see how they can handle themselves without Irving on the floor. This is going to be tough. But they are up for the challenge. Toronto is tough, let's just hope we are tougher

Rosalie

RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:08 pm

Rosalie

The Raptors are tough to beat even when healthy.  It will be a tremendous challenge.  

I expect our team to lace up their sneakers and give it their best shot.

Over the past 5 years each team has been better than the previous team.  The talent level is impressive.  This will be Brad's 4th straight year taking his team into the playoffs. It is not like he has had a core of guys together for a long time.  But Danny has managed to put together a very young but very talented team and he still is sitting on 1st rounders from other teams.

Hayward comes back next year and Boston will unleash a monster squad.

Knowing Danny he will end up drafting a baller near the bottom of the 1st round.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:39 pm

In the modern NBA, plenty of space on the floor for Brown, Tatum AND Hayward at the same time. Gordon or Tatum can play the 4 against all but the biggest teams, and if not - Tatum becomes the 6th man for a few more years.

Utah has a much more educated fan base than most.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:53 pm

Quite a long bunch of stuff from the Jazz fans and not even one mention of Marcus Smart! Oh yeah, I forgot-he did not play.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:37 pm

I find it odd that they are so bitter against Hayward. He gave them a lot of wonderful moments. I suppose losing him was tough but if you look at the league today loyalty is not a priority. It is contentment with your job and wanting to play with great players. I am sure it is hard on a guy like Hayward, he struggled with this decision. Too bad they just can't wish him well, he has said nothing but good things about Utah
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:08 pm

If we can understand Boston fans being bitter about Ray Allen, we should be able to see why Utah fans are bitter about Gordon.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:17 am

mrkleen09 wrote:If we can understand Boston fans being bitter about Ray Allen, we should be able to see why Utah fans are bitter about Gordon.  

Losing a key player, especially a star is awful. Losing them to your #1 current rival is worse.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:07 pm

I have heard nothing out of Hayward's mouth about Utah other than thanking them for giving him the chance to build his career, help him grow, appreciation all the way.

Since he has left, Ray has used every opportunity he has had to dump on the Celtics. Let's face it, he did this because Danny tried to trade him and he was ticked off. He had every right to leave, that was not my issue with him. Going to Miami was predetermined long before the season ended, I will never doubt that for one minute. Sure I was sad and upset to see him go but it was his right. It was the aftermath that has turned me completely off. There is more to this story than we know or really want to know. Just go away Ray, you are a Miami Heat now. It is old put it to bed
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:15 pm

Fair Point Rosalie and agree. Had more than enough Ray Allen for this entire lifetime.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:16 pm

"Tatums chops are very retro. I like them. Hayward one of the top three wings in the east? He may not be in the top three wings on his team next season."

Astute observation...And possibly a nice logjam. The kind of problem every team wants to have.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:50 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I have heard nothing out of Hayward's mouth about Utah other than thanking them for giving him the chance to build his career, help him grow, appreciation all the way.

Since he has left, Ray has used every opportunity he has had to dump on the Celtics.  Let's face it, he did this because Danny tried to trade him and he was ticked off.  He had every right to leave, that was not my issue with him. Going to Miami was predetermined long before the season ended, I will never doubt that for one minute. Sure I was sad and upset to see him go but it was his right.  It was the aftermath that has turned me completely off.  There is more to this story than we know or really want to know.  Just go away Ray, you are a Miami Heat now.  It is old put it to bed

Perfectly said

+1

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:59 am

NBC Sports had a video of Hayward shooting from his back lying on the three point line putting shots down! Can't say the guy is not working hard to get back into shape, next year we will be an offensive threat to all teams
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:03 am

On the Celtics side of things, they have so many talented young guys. I really do think that moving Hayward before his contract ends is a possibility. I think Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum have so much talent that losing 34 minutes at the SF spot for Hayward isn’t a good move. Jayson Tatum is one of three rookies in this class that I think are the next wave of all-stars in the league. His ceiling is so much higher than Haywards is. Jaylen Brown is a monster too. wrote:

one thing I agree with and we need a high level big man next year, stay tuned
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:00 am

High level big man? Beyond All Star Horford?

You have an
All Star PG (Kyrie)
Most improved player candidate at SG (Brown)
All Star at SF (Hayward)
Rookie of the year candidate at PF (Tatum)
All Star at Center (Horford)

No team in the NBA has a rock star at every position. You are not going to get a high level big man, without giving up one or more of the above.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandpd Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:29 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:High level big man?  Beyond All Star Horford?

You have an
All Star PG (Kyrie)
Most improved player candidate at SG (Brown)
All Star at SF (Hayward)
Rookie of the year candidate at PF (Tatum)
All Star at Center (Horford)

No team in the NBA has a rock star at every position.  You are not going to get a high level big man, without giving up one or more of the above.

I guess it's a matter of what your definition/criteria is for a high level big man. In the off-season, I think the odds are pretty good that Baynes and Monroe will be signed elsewhere for more $. Unless they luck out by finding a big in the draft, the C's will be shopping for a big. Theis will be coming back after major knee surgery and hasn't as yet proved that he is or will be a high level or even a starting big man. Regardless of the center designation, Horford is a legitimate 4 and not really a true 5 but who can play at 5. So, the C's will be looking for someone with legitimate size who can play around 20 min. a game at the 5 position.

Hayward will be retained at least through next season. He's also returning from major surgery and needs to show that he's made a full recovery if the C's actually want want to trade him for value - he'll be in yr. 2 of a 4 yr. 128 million contract so potential suitors who might be interested will want to be assured he's not damaged goods when taking on a max. contract player. IMHO, I don't think the C's have any intention to trade Hayward.

Who knows, other than Ainge what the C's will do. Might there be another unforeseen major trade up his sleeve? Ainge, like a sly poker player, keeps his cards close to the vest.

Last edited by Sandpd on Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sandpd
Sandpd

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:10 pm

NYCelt wrote:"Tatums chops are very retro. I like them. Hayward one of the top three wings in the east? He may not be in the top three wings on his team next season."

Astute observation...And possibly a nice logjam. The kind of problem every team wants to have.

The problem is that because of the logjam, at least one of the players won't get the minutes a player of that caliber deserves. Entirely ignoring bruised egos, this means the Celtics won't be getting full value on their investment. Next year might be okay since Brown and Tatum are on rookie contracts, but eventually Danny may move one of the three to balance the roster. One possible solution is if Jayson can play more 4. Right now he is too skinny - probably next year too. If he could put on some muscle though, I don't think it would hurt his game since he is more about smoothness and skill then speed and quickness.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:48 pm

Sandpd wrote:

I guess it's a matter of what your definition/criteria is for a high level big man. In the off-season, I think the odds are pretty good that Baynes and Monroe will be signed elsewhere for more $. Unless they luck out by finding a big in the draft, the C's will be shopping for a big. Theis will be coming back after major knee surgery and hasn't as yet proved that he is or will be a high level or even a starting big man. Regardless of the center designation, Horford is a legitimate 4 and not really a true 5 but who can play at 5. So, the C's will be looking for someone with legitimate size who can play around 20 min. a game at the 5 position.

Hayward will be retained at least through next season. He's also returning from major surgery and needs to show that he's made a full recovery if the C's actually want want to trade him for value - he'll be in yr. 2 of a 4 yr. 128 million contract so potential suitors who might be interested will want to be assured he's not damaged goods when taking on a max. contract player. IMHO, I don't think think the C's have any intention to trade Hayward.

Who knows, other than Ainge what the C's will do. Might there be another unforeseen major trade up his sleeve? Ainge, like a sly poker player, keeps his cards close to the vest.

What team in the NBA is as stacked as the Celtics at the wings and backcourt AND has a high level big man? Is JaVale Magee or Zaza high level? Is Clint Capella high level? Do the Cavs even have a center?

A solid back up is not the same as a high level big man, by any definition. So not sure what people are looking for. You cannot have a star at every position, so hoping people are retaining reasonable expectations here.

As for trading Hayward, again - have to wonder what people are thinking. He was the single biggest free agent signing in Celtics history and the arguably the biggest catch in the NBA last season.

Over the next 10 years, I am jazzed about the potential of Jaylen and Jason. But Gordon Hayward was an all star who averaged 21 / 5 / 3 player who shot 47% from the field and 40% from 3pt.

In a team full of positionless players, there absolutely is room for Hayward, Brown and Tatum on the court at the same time. Particularly as Jason adds some muscle and fills out his wide shoulders and settles in to PF.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:46 pm

well, all I can say is at the end of last year NO ONE would have guessed that only 4 players would be back from the top team in the east.

and almost no one thought IT would be traded.

so with Ainge running the show, I never say never anymore
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:41 pm

Hayward will be retained thru next season?????? So you think they will trade Gordon Hayward???? Wrong. They have not been after him for two years to trade him away because he got hurt. I am in total disagreement with this statement. Better get used to seeing him on the court, he is going nowhere.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandpd Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:04 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Hayward will be retained thru next season??????  So you think they will trade Gordon Hayward????  Wrong.  They have not been after him for two years to trade him away because he got hurt.  I am in total disagreement with this statement. Better get used to seeing him on the court, he is going nowhere.

confused With all due respect, I believe you have misunderstood my post - I was postulating on the premise of some posters' thinking that Hayward could/would be traded - and if that were to happen, it wouldn't/couldn't happen till at least after 1 yr. due to the need to re-assure any potential takers that he has fully recovered to play as he did pre-injury. I further said, "IMHO, I don't think the C's have any intention to trade Hayward." So, I repeat, I don't think the C's will trade Hayward.

Last edited by Sandpd on Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sandpd
Sandpd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next