Report: Anthony Davis' list of preferred long-term destinations does not include Celtics

+13
dbrown4
NYCelt
steve3344
sinus007
dboss
gyso
bobheckler
KyleCleric
kdp59
worcester
cowens/oldschool
mrkleen09
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Report: Anthony Davis' list of preferred long-term destinations does not include Celtics - Page 3 Empty Re: Report: Anthony Davis' list of preferred long-term destinations does not include Celtics

Post by worcester Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:55 pm

AD = Herschel Walker. Remember the Alamo Danny! Well, Dallas and Minnesota, actually.
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Report: Anthony Davis' list of preferred long-term destinations does not include Celtics - Page 3 Empty Re: Report: Anthony Davis' list of preferred long-term destinations does not include Celtics

Post by dboss Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:23 pm

worcester wrote:AD = Herschel Walker. Remember the Alamo Danny! Well, Dallas and Minnesota, actually.

I does remind you of that crazy trade.

It is great that Boston can really just focus on playing. Danny may decide that the price is too steep.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:24 pm

dboss, if LeBron has 3 great years left in him I will be amazed...and Brady is amazing me right now.

Crazy talk is AD signing with the Knicks over Boston.That NY organization will doom him to a career without a championship.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:54 am

worcester wrote:dboss, if LeBron has 3 great years left in him I will be amazed...and Brady is amazing me right now.

Crazy talk is AD signing with the Knicks over Boston.That NY organization will doom him to a career without a championship.

I’m sure if he goes there, another elite player will join him....it’s what they do now.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:05 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/maybe-anthony-davis-willing-play-celtics-162020095.html

Maybe Anthony Davis is willing to play for the Celtics after all

Ben Weinrib, Yahoo Sports
36 minutes ago

Report: Anthony Davis' list of preferred long-term destinations does not include Celtics - Page 3 189bd6484f577872c6291fa871b324aa
Anthony Davis indicated he’d be open to playing for the Celtics. (Photo by Jonathan Bachman/Getty Images)

The 2018-19 NBA season has been filled with drama, and no story has been bigger than Anthony Davis’ future outside of the New Orleans Pelicans.

Since Davis requested a trade, much has been made about how the star big man did not want to play for the Boston Celtics, but he played down those rumors in a press conference on Saturday.

Vincent Goodwill
✔️
@VinceGoodwill
Anthony Davis on not wanting a trade to Boston: “I never said Boston wasn’t on my list.” When asked if they were on his list: “I never said Boston wasn’t on my list.”

8:05 AM - Feb 16, 2019

bob
MY NOTE: "I never said Boston wasn't on my list". A non-denial denial. In Danny We Trust, but don't f it up.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:11 pm

Jayson, we hardly knew ye.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:15 pm

I call BS. He gave a list and Boston was not on it. We were omitted by omission. Razz

I don't want him anyway. Maybe I'll change my mind.

Maybe we don't need him, we'll have to wait and see what happens in the playoffs, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:03 pm

Last 31 years - since 1986-87

Celtics one championship
knicks zero championships

The free agency years have not been kind to the Celtics.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by KennCelt Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:52 pm

It seems Davis would play for any team if traded, but that does not address whether he would resign or not. He does not have a no trade claus. He did comment that when free agency came after next year he would see. Nothing has changed except Davis is blurring the lines.

KennCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:57 pm

Did the list come from him or did it come from his agent Rich Paul?  The list was carefully crafted to include teams that do not have the assets to pull off a deal for him and particularly excluded Boston.  The list was set up for the benefit of the LAL.

Danny Ainge is unlikely to pull the trigger on a deal of this magnitude unless he has a a level of comfort that AD will want to play for Boston and resign with them.

That does not mean that this deal should be done but it would remove a major deterrent.

Things will become really sticky if Boston makes it to the championship round.   A win would pretty much render an AD trade worthless.  How can anyone justify breaking up a championship team filled with a young developing core?

If they stumble and do not make it out of the East a trade is more likely.  If they get to the finals and are demolished a trade is more likely.  If they get to the finals and they lose but take it to 6 or 7 games then an evaluation has to determine if the root cause of the loss can be fixed without making a blockbuster deal for AD.

If we cannot win with all this talent then the team is in fact deficient. Maybe we do not have enough talent in the right places.

This is the main reason why I have been on the fence about making a deal for AD.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by KennCelt Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:27 pm

Who is not to say that there is not another trade that would not include Tatum or Brown to get a quality big? This trade for Davis is expensive, risky and questionable because of injury issues with Davis and his lack of making players around him better.

KennCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:16 pm

Hey swish,

Glad to see you back on the board. It's been a little while and it got me to wondering.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:11 pm

Vucevic is a free agent. Signing him may allow us to keep more talent if Vuc would agree to a back end loaded contract.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:35 pm

worcester wrote:Vucevic is a free agent. Signing him may allow us to keep more talent if Vuc would agree to a back end loaded contract.

worcester,

Vucevic' net rating is +1 (114 offensive rating - 113 defensive rating). Not very good. Do your eyeballs tell you something else?

And if we don't get Davis, why would we need Vucevic? We'll have Baynes, Williams and Theis will be a restricted free agent. Same as this year.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:24 pm

Vuc is a very talented center scoring and getting rebounds. I assumed that his -113 defensive rating was more a function of his playing on a crappy team than his own deficiencies, but I could easily be wrong. Al and Theis are better playing the 4, and Baynes, RW and Vuc could be our 5's.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:51 pm

The cold reality is that Boston ain't signing no free agents above the tax payer MLE.

If they do not go after AD, they can draft a big and go from their. Unless you bring forth a replacement for AH, everything is a tweak.

They could avoid the AD trade and draft a quality center. What about williams? Are the Celtics able to develop him?

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:05 pm

I think RW will be great long term, and after next year I'd like to see an additional center on board to replace Al.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:16 pm

If RW can just stay healthy he has all the attributes to be sublime at the position, so can he get the basics and nuances down to contribute? Sure is exciting to think of him defending to his full potential and with 2 J’s and Smart...!!! Imagine all these kids/guys playing together 2 years from now, how they could compliment each other, digging on defense and all improved, so that’s right there for the taking. Who’s the guy that keeps saying patience?

I’m the guy that says fuck Anthony Davis!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3