kdp59
NYCelt
KyleCleric
15 posters

Page 8 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Bubble Talk - Page 8 Empty Re: Bubble Talk

Post by worcester Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:38 pm

Rondo still has it. Someday he could make a brilliant NBA coach. Hope we out Smart him in this year's NBA finals.

Last edited by worcester on Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:15 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:
tjmakz wrote:
dboss wrote:
RosalieTCeltics wrote:Well, the finger pointing begins, who will go first? The coach or Giannis, he is a free agent.  All they keep talking about is how Pat Riley has put himself in the best position to lure him from Milwaukee.  But, Golden State is on the prowl  too.  

I was hoping they would win tonight so that it would drag Miami a little longer.  That team will definitely not be the same next year. Giannis had once said he wanted to play his entire career in Milwaukee, lets see if money talks
He is not a FA until end of 2021 season.  Maybe he asks for a trade

If Giannis won’t sign a Supermax contract, I think Milwaukee will have to trade him.
Boston could have one of the best packages for Giannis.

Anyone but 2 J’s

One of them would obviously have to go.
I really think Giannis is gone.
He was very upset when he was injured in game 4.
I think he knows the run is over.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:45 am

I agree any chance of Giannis being traded here would require Brown or Tatum being moved to Milwaukee.

Brown's new contract that kicks in after the new NBA season  makes the trade easier for cap purposes. So something like Brown, #14 and #30 draft picks this year and the Celtic first round pick next year , could be an option. Is that enough to beat out any offers Miami and GS can put together?

the ONLY contracts GS can move cap wise for Giannis is Wiggins or Green (along with the #2 pick in this years draft ).  Is Wiggins and #2 pick  better than Brown and #14?

Miami would have send a package of player salaries probably starting with either Kelly O (player option) OR the corpse of Iguodala along with Bam and T. Hero and the #20 pick .

Bam Adebayo and Hero are both solid pieces for sure, are they worth more than Brown?

of course IF Giannis wants a trade from Milwaukee any team that trades for him will need to be sure he signs a supermax with them, much like Anthony Davis last year.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:54 am

He has made the statement after the game that he has no desire to leave Milwaukee. I think they should do everything they can to keep him. Other than Middleton, I would clean house and start building again. Lopez has been a godsend for them but if moving him with others helps to keep Giannis, they will do it.

I wonder if the coach is on solid footing, to me he must be, he was coach of the year last year. I suppose that means nothing.

If nothing else, after this bubble thing is over, there will be alot to talk about regarding moves.
Billy Donovan parted ways with OKC yesterday
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:55 am

Didn't Kyrie say he wasn't going to leave Boston?

It would be interesting the have The Freak in Beantown, though.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:30 am

Family is important to Giannis. He has a brother on the Bucks, and he now considers the Bucks to be family. I think he'll stay.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:02 pm

worcester wrote:Family is important to Giannis. He has a brother on the Bucks, and he now considers the Bucks to be family. I think he'll stay.

Yeah he just needs another real star to play with, not the Kris Middleton or Tobias Harris types....

They need an explosive 2 way wing like Jaylen, that is athletic and fast and has range and can attack the rim and cover multiple positions.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:32 pm

And I never liked Bledsoe.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:40 pm

I figured it would not be long before the trade talk would begin.

The Bucks are not going to trade him.  But if he does not reup They should find a trading partner.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:41 pm

Bucks need to get younger.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:11 pm

Bubble Talk - Page 8 Downlo12

maybe I go to south beach!!

play with my old friend Jimmy.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:11 pm

dboss wrote:I figured it would not be long before the trade talk would begin.

The Bucks are not going to trade him.  But if he does not reup They should find a trading partner.

Yes, the Bucks will only trade Giannis if he refuses to sign the supermax offer.
The Bucks do need to get younger and more athletic.
Bledsoe can't be trusted.
I would move on from Bledsoe.
How much will teams give up if Giannis is just going to play out next season on an expiring contract?
Without a clear guarantee that Giannis wants to stay long term (like Anthony Davis expressed with the Lakers), the offers for Giannis will be lower than his true value.
A package around Wiggins, Paschall and the #2 pick could be intriguing for Milwaukee.
I would not be thrilled about paying Wiggins $94.7m over the next three years, especially with the uncertainty of the salary cap in future years.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:04 pm

I would expect Giannis to stay. Milwaukee will most likely be happy to pay him and I think he's genuine in saying he wants to stay. He's still the type of player you build around, rather than deal in order to build. The Bucks can and probably will make some significant moves while keeping their top player.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:13 pm

I'm guessing with tonight's game the future of small ball is on the line? A Rockets win gives it some legs. A Rockets loss blows it back to the Great Wall of China?

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:36 pm

Lakers are on a roll and the guy that has made all the difference is Rondo, in about half a game or so, he almost put up a triple double. He has given that team vintage Rondo, he takes so much pressure off of Lebron. James Harden with another playoff dud that we have seen before. Where are the 40-50 point games he routinely puts up during regular season...???

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:50 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Lakers are on a roll and the guy that has made all the difference is Rondo, in about half a game or so, he almost put up a triple double. He has given that team vintage Rondo, he takes so much pressure off of Lebron. James Harden with another playoff dud that we have seen before. Where are the 40-50 point games he routinely puts up during regular season...???

Rondo has been great.
It’s not just his offense. Rondo has been a pest on the defensive side of the ball.
He and Caruso have taken a lot of the ball handling responsibilities away from LeBron.
LeBron coasted tonight. He put up 16/15/9 with little exertion needed.

The Lakers game plan against Lillard, McCollum and Harden has been fabulous.
Harden had only 2 made FG’s in 39 min.

The Lakers small ball lineup with AD at center and Morris or Kuzma at PF is better than Houston’s small ball lineup.
It’s hard to see how Houston wins another game in this series.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:36 am

That'll about do it for small ball. Nice experiment, though. Bring back the Bigs!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:08 am

Lakers a far too superior team and organization to fall for that set up. Looks like Harden and Westbrook are doomed to be the 21st Century version Poster Children of the Charles Barkely's of the NBA.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:31 am

They got crushed on the boards, last I checked still need the ball in this league, small ball got them to a certain level, but you still need adequate bigs to counter the other real bigs, glad this experiment failed.....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:22 am

You can have small ball. Just get you 4 guys like we have and a slightly bigger version of DT and you can crush it!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:21 pm

Clippers with another epic collapse in 2nd half, series now tied at 3-3. Jokic with a monster game. Clippers couldn’t even score more than 20 points in each 3rd and 4th quarter....and I thought Nuggets couldn’t defend. Doc seems to be trying every trick in the book to motivate his team, but it’s not working.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:39 pm

I hope Denver is who we face in the Finals.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:30 am

Like your thinking worcester. Let's demoralize MIA first with everybody showing up for the first 4 games and then sit and wait.

Good to see you last night and everyone else on the call!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:41 am

If we make to the finals to play the Lakers, I think AD at center will be the main rotation they play against us.

makes their defense quicker, which they would need against our 4 - 20 point scorers
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:43 am

So this morning I read a story where Paul George said "no pressure here, we have this, all the pressure is on them" Really???? No one expected Denver to give LA this much trouble. I know they are building a good team out there, but this would be an epic collapse after the $$ the Clips have spent to put that team together. I think the pressure is on them, Denver will probable play loose. They have come back twice in the past two games . This will be interesting. I hope Denver gives them a real battle
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next