kdp59
NYCelt
KyleCleric
15 posters

Page 7 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Bubble Talk - Page 7 Empty Re: Bubble Talk

Post by dbrown4 Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:23 am

Well, the good news is this will play itself out now! Games will be very interesting in the next round for sure.

We caught a break this week in that Brad got a few more days to prepare and OG got a few free days to heal more. We may need him vs. TOR. LAL is back on course for sure. Just needed to have their cage rattled a bit.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:19 pm

Heat did to Milwaukee what we did to Toronto and are now up 2-0.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:30 pm

Heat did everything possible in 2 minutes to blow their lead.  They are lucky to get a win.

The Bucks are now officially on the clock.  The Heat are a nightmare matchup for them.  Are the Bucks good enough to win 4 out of 5?
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:44 am

Bucks can and are good enough to pull it off, dboss. We'll know tomorrow night as the death knells will be out for that series as well as ours tonight.

Still nothing has changed for TOR over last year. Ours has changed by one game. To complete the picture, we've got to "close it out" tonight. We're already in the 80% range up 2-0. Victory tonight makes it 100%.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:22 pm

I’d like to know opinions of the board on last shot by Jimmy Butler? I thought Giannis did not foul him, even though he was extended and trying to alter the shot. The contact was a very light touch on the side after Butler already released the ball IMHO. What do you guys think?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:49 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:I’d like to know opinions of the board on last shot by Jimmy Butler? I thought Giannis did not foul him, even though he was extended and trying to alter the shot. The contact was a very light touch on the side after Butler already released the ball IMHO. What do you guys think?

Cow I think they had to call the foul. There was a slight brush after Butler released the shot but if if the foul occurs after the shot is released it is still a foul.

They had just called one on Goran Dragic against Middleton who made all 3 free throw.

Both of these fouls were questionable but in today's game if you breath too heavily on a 3 point shooter they will blow the whistle.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:58 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Bucks can and are good enough to pull it off, dboss. We'll know tomorrow night as the death knells will be out for that series as well as ours tonight.  

Still nothing has changed for TOR over last year.  Ours has changed by one game.  To complete the picture, we've got to "close it out" tonight.  We're already in the 80% range up 2-0.  Victory tonight makes it 100%.  

db  

dbrown

The bubble has eliminated home court advantage. Those first two games would have been played in Milwaukee. G3 will answer the question as you pointed out.

The Bucks regularly put up big points but as we can see matchups change the way a team is able to play.

The Bucks do have a history of choking. The longer this series goes on the harder it will be for the Bucks because they are an old team. I think they run out of steam.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:23 pm

Holy shit!! Lakers in deep shit!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:07 am

Yep. It's looking like the Bucks are on life support. But if any team can be the first to come back from 0-3, it's the Bucks. Just like we never thought a 16 seed team could beat a 1 seed in the NCAA tournament, Virginia came along and made the record 1-whatever. Eventually, one team will win from being down 0-3.

But the vultures are circling the Bucks, Giannis and Coach Bud. Should be a full shake up sooner and later. Easier to dump Bud on the open market in the next week. Giannis will take a little more work so they can get some value for the proverbial expiring contract.

Back in the 80's this shit never happened! Not in the early rounds at least. Dominant teams were dominant teams. Match ups, Schmash ups! They never threw out what happened during the regular season for the playoffs. Everybody played every game, injured or not. Consistency. Guess the stakes have gotten way to big.

Ghost of Sam...Expansion has ruined the league! Get it back to 8 teams in the league but no more than 16!! (Or something close to that!)

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:29 am

ll we need are two teams in the NBA. Boston and LAL.
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:13 pm

Rockets team defense is great, I noticed it when we played them and thought it may have been a fluke. Lakers were stifled by that defense, they swarm together and actually stop penetration very well, no real rim protector, but they contest everything. Jeff Green is making big contributions too. Never thought Covington and Tucker would be enough on inside, but somehow it works....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:26 pm

Talking hoops with Steve, he informed me the Bucks started the season 52-8, an amazing pace, since then they have been 8-13.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:19 pm

I can remember that huge bandage around Russell's leg in the playoffs, Red always said "If you can walk, you can play" no days off. Sam Jones played injured too, with a good sized bandage around his upper thigh.

I was surprised at how stupid Milwaukee played last night. It was as if they were in panic mode, throwing up three's and missing the basket completely. One and done. Miami had them rattled. I do not think Giannis could believe what was happening, and he was out of the game too long. Middleton was good in the first half, then basically disappeared. This happened to them when they played the Celtics in Boston, they fell apart.

All the reports are that Miami is going to make a big run at Giannis in the off season. That will kill me, I hate seeing Riley win!!!!!

RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:29 pm

Lakers in deep shit again, up big early, now behind by 3

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:21 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:Lakers in deep shit again, up big early, now behind by 3

Houston had 22 3’s and still lost tonight’s game.
The Lakers just need to weather the storm like in the 3rd quarter of tonight’s game.
In the 3rd Houston probably made 8 or 9 3’s.
Houston has no great answer for AD.
LeBron dominates whoever the opponent is.
The Lakers will keep learning as the series goes on about how to defend Houston and their 3 pt shooting.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:33 am

tjmakz wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:Lakers in deep shit again, up big early, now behind by 3

Houston had 22 3’s and still lost tonight’s game.
The Lakers just need to weather the storm like in the 3rd quarter of tonight’s game.
In the 3rd Houston probably made 8 or 9 3’s.
Houston has no great answer for AD.
LeBron dominates whoever the opponent is.
The Lakers will keep learning as the series goes on about how to defend Houston and their 3 pt shooting.

As hot as Houston was in 3rd, they were ice cold in 4th, Harden and Westbrook couldn’t do anything in 4th.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:55 am

Tallest player 6'7"? Crazy idea.
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:58 am

As good as Westbrook can be, he can kill them too.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:46 pm

The Lakers will beat the Rockets. I figured that out before the series started.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:32 pm

Bucks officially eliminated.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:41 pm

Well, the finger pointing begins, who will go first? The coach or Giannis, he is a free agent. All they keep talking about is how Pat Riley has put himself in the best position to lure him from Milwaukee. But, Golden State is on the prowl too.

I was hoping they would win tonight so that it would drag Miami a little longer. That team will definitely not be the same next year. Giannis had once said he wanted to play his entire career in Milwaukee, lets see if money talks
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:10 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Well, the finger pointing begins, who will go first? The coach or Giannis, he is a free agent.  All they keep talking about is how Pat Riley has put himself in the best position to lure him from Milwaukee.  But, Golden State is on the prowl  too.  

I was hoping they would win tonight so that it would drag Miami a little longer.  That team will definitely not be the same next year. Giannis had once said he wanted to play his entire career in Milwaukee, lets see if money talks
He is not a FA until end of 2021 season.  Maybe he asks for a trade
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:28 pm

WOW!!!

Rondo killing Rockets!! He just scored 8 points in a row, stole the ball from Harden again and assisted on last score in a 10-0 run for Lakers, putting them up 10. Haven’t seen him play this good in years, Big game Rondo is a real problem for Rockets!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:29 pm

dboss wrote:
RosalieTCeltics wrote:Well, the finger pointing begins, who will go first? The coach or Giannis, he is a free agent.  All they keep talking about is how Pat Riley has put himself in the best position to lure him from Milwaukee.  But, Golden State is on the prowl  too.  

I was hoping they would win tonight so that it would drag Miami a little longer.  That team will definitely not be the same next year. Giannis had once said he wanted to play his entire career in Milwaukee, lets see if money talks

If Giannis won’t sign a Supermax contract, I think Milwaukee will have to trade him.
Boston could have one of the best packages for Giannis.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:33 pm

tjmakz wrote:
dboss wrote:

If Giannis won’t sign a Supermax contract, I think Milwaukee will have to trade him.
Boston could have one of the best packages for Giannis.

Anyone but 2 J’s

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next