Comments From The Other Side - vs Raptors, Playoff Round 2, Game 2, Away

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Raptors, Playoff Round 2, Game 2, Away Empty Comments From The Other Side - vs Raptors, Playoff Round 2, Game 2, Away

Post by bobheckler Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:36 am

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2020/09/comments-from-other-side-raptors-game-2.html

by FLCeltsFan

We better have 5 players score at least 15+ points since we don't have the luxury of having 25-40 points circled in before the game even starts

The raps usually don’t play like themselves in early afternoon games. I like the fact that this one is a bit later. Boston has no chance against us if our boys are all wide awake.

A must win game 2 after a let down game 1. The raptors are officially back babay!!!

Something that I haven't seen mentioned yet.... FVV Jr is officially in the bubble. Senior is going for 30+

Ok here we go, I expect another blowout loss from the Raps. The Celtics is the kryptonite to the Raptors.

This team is way too talented and well coached to have a repeat of game 1. Raps taking this one!

This is a must win game. If they lose tonight, it's over. I expect Lowry and FVV and the bench to be better. Not sure about Playoff P.

If we dont come out strong then I don't want to be on this site lol

Hoping for the best but expecting the worst. Celtics matchup was one that I feared the most out of any playoff team. Raptors did nothing to dispel that fear at any point this season.

Brad Stevens is as good a coach as Nick Nurse. Stevens turned the mediocre roster below into a 53-win Eastern Conf Finals team in 2016-17:
Isiah Thomas
Avery Bradley
Amir Johnson
Jae Crowder
Al Horford
Marcus Smart
Kelly Olynyk
Terry Rozier

I don't see it happening folks. Boston is just better.

pascal stop shooting, lowry stop playing like a moron, og still usless outside of a couple of plays and fred needs to stop thinking he's Michale Jordan just because he played good against a g league nets team

I hope Siakam was in the gym practicing his jump shots and releases around the basket.

yeah one practice should fix it

FVV needs to get another baby now in order for us to win this series lol

We don't have a guy that can drive to the basket to get fouls. I'm hoping the Bucks lose to Miami and Masai signs Giannis

We have a guy who drives to the baskets to get fouls. His name is Pascal Siakam...he gets fouls...offensive fouls.

It's just one horrific quarter that has us in shambles tbh lol Watch Smart regress to the mean and it's suddenly a tight game again.

smart is just one of those guys that shows up.. he's going to keep hitting stupid 3s that pi** you off lol. would almost rather play hayward instead of smart.

There is something about Kyle Lowry that brings this out in Marcus Smart. I think Smart believes he can be a better version of Kyle but he has never got there because he can't shoot it, but he always tries so hard against Kyle.

I've always felt that Smart would be the perfect successor to Kyle - similar players in terms of toughness/defense. Smart has seemed to have matured quite a bit over the past 2 years as well. Boston's never letting him go though.

Smart's a better defender but is no where near the level of a playmaker and floor general that Kyle is.

On the bright side we still have some room to bend and not break. That being said we looked extremely brittle.

Ahh, Tony Brothers, NBA on a mission.

I'd rather have Tony Brothers over Ed Malloy. That guy kills us every single time.

If I remember correctly playoff Tony Brothers usually good to us vs regular season Tony Brothers. Really hope it's not 5v7 this game.

He's a wild card more than anything. Zach Zarba is the best. Could be worse.

Check out the GB thread, Brothers is a legit Celtic killer. Depending on how you want to look at things, it’s good or bad. If you believe in ref bias and/or shadiness then it’s great news for us but if you think it’s just random then the Celtics are overdue for a win in a Tony Brother game.

I can specifically remember a game in Boston where Tony Brothers absolutely f***ed us. He’s probably just an overall bad ref but definitely not a Celtic killer.

Sucks about Brothers, but we do get the best ref in the game in Zarba. Overall, a big improvement from game 1 here.

Kemba tweaked his knee in game 1. Raps need to attack him as much as possible. Its highly likely his knee won't last.

Somebody please give Pascal Siakam an energy shake before the game

Lol @ everyone worried about the refs. How bout worrying about our team playing better? Especially the “lead dog” Siakam

If we can show up tonight, that would be great.

Of course it's the same starters. Nick is the ultimate ride or die coach.

According to ESPN, we're pretty much going to lose the series. You can tell they want Boston to win, just slobbering over Tatum, lol

Win or lose, we all can probably agree on one thing at least: this thread is going to be an absolute dumpster fire

Lakers fan popping in for some mutual celtics hate

Doris Burke AGAIN?? WHY?

I'd it a fair assessment to say Tatum and Walker are the best 2 players in the series but the Raps have the next best 4 or 5?

Lakers fan here, F*** the Celtics, rooting for you guys! You got this.

If we lose, Boston fans will never shut up so we better not lose (Raptor fans will never shut up if we win but I'm OK with that)

We will demolish boston tonight

Boston is about to get steam rolled

Are they gonna be the golden state celtics here or what?

Lol okay I guess Smart is a 60% three point shooter now

If smart is just gonna be klay thompson then idk what we do lol

Oh crap! Tony brothers is reffing this game!

I hate this ref team

if this is how we play when we lose then we gotta lose more often imo 🧐

Zarba and Brothers are trash

This is what happens when refs don't kill our momentum

Kyle guards Tatum better than anyone I’ve seen

Its annoying that Smart seems like hes gonna be hot all series from the perimeter against us.

Smart turning into curry isn’t ideal

Smart been shooting well but he's the guy you let keep shooting

Marcus Smart is a bull dog... taking a Pascal drive in the chest at the 3pt line then switching to FVV and keeping in front of him... dude should definitely be considered for DPOY

Siakam amazing to start wow Active on D and the primary ball handler

Celts so good and disciplined in defending the 3pt line.

As much as I love Fred and Kyle, it must be nice having a a big 2 guard like Brown.

Brown always goes off on us man f*** him just keep Tatum and Kemba in check

Why does f***ing Robert Williams always look like Shaq against us?

Gasol is having issues with bouncy Williams

OG will incinerate these leprechauns

Backdoor sweep incoming.

Is it sad that I'm just happy we have a lead

good sign because our bench should out perform theirs. im still worried about gasol because their whole plan was to attack him. And tatum might be the better player but in this series no one can guard siakam on that team, he should be more effective than tatum.

not really tatum can create his shot vs anybody.

he won't...he's an overrated bum.

Good start and the Refs aren't calling us for obvious fouls Smile))

Lets get it boys. Thankfully these refs aren't starting the game with ticky tack foul calls.

Better unlike that Malloy ruining the game

I'd amputate my thumbs to find a SN stream instead of having to listen to Doris Burke for one more second.

Anyone else not like Jaylen for no real reason. Just an irrational hatred?

Man these celtics are good, they can make tough shots. I'm scared of Tatum, when it comes down to crunch time, this guy will get buckets. We don't have such a player.

Raptors out here tieing the game playing 1v2 with the refs lmao

expect more phantom calls this series, they’re the media darlings

Why can't Ibaka set picks like the TimeLord??

Boston don't even take pascal seriously 😂

It's insane how one sided the reffing has been and continues to be.

Stupid Brad Stevens always calls timeouts when we start rolling.

Bro every screen they set is illegal

Boston and the refs are playing dirty but Pascal's deep 3 was a consolation.

Celtics defense is basically flopping. Theis, Brown, Smart. Floppity flop flop. Edit: Oh and Kemba

Can we guard Williams better..he's getting to many easy buckets

how the **** is Robert Williams the leading scorer. Siakam's IQ went out the door when he saw the $$$

Don't forget the plethora of moving screens to get their shooters open

Kemba always does this garbage against the raptors so im not surprised. He’s a bonafide flopper just as much as Kyle is but Kemba’s “flashy” so it doesn’t matter...

I want Ibaka or Gasol to hipcheck Kemba

Someone start a gofundme to pay for Nick Nurse’s post game referee rant

Celtics are getting every call and are whining the refs. Pathetic  (MY NOTE:  They're complaining about the Celtics whining about the refs even as they are whining about the refs.  LOL)

Even thou we playing better but the key difference is the refs are still helping the Celtics. Celtics 10 turnovers is not gonna hurt them because the refs gave us no FTs in the 1st half

Zero FT’s for a half needs to be investigated by the league. So blatantly one-sided.

Raptors are 14-1 in their last 15 playoff games officiated by Tony Brothers btw

Well he's not helping us now

Ratings for the NBA playoffs aren't great, so of course the NBA wants Boston to advance.  (MY NOTE:  Right.  Because having a 2X repeat champion from an international franchise would be bad for the league... Rolling Eyes )

Lil brother had a goldfish in his room once. It jumped out of the tank onto the floor once when we were playing 2k. It still didnt flop as much as Kemba on that last play.

Can someone tell me why that wasn’t a shooting foul for Lowry?

For the same reason Boston's one player was allowed to collect the ball, step out of bounds, and then pass it. Refs don't like us dude. Canadian success is bad for ratings, so f*** us I guess.

Theis has been getting away with moving screens every possesion and hes crying about this call?

The last time the raptors went to the line Titanic was #1 at the box office

Siakam getting abused by Brown on both ends. Pretty embarassing.

Siakam is like a 6th player on the court for the celtics

It’s crazy. I didn’t realize that the rules of basketball were different for the Boston Celtics.

Marc not allowed to exist tonight

Theis you’re 243 lbs, you’re not toppling over that easily lol

If I hear any Celtics fans complaining about Lowry flopping this entire series, I swear... lol

Kemba is really selling these fouls out here. Smh.

Kemba will lose his head at this rate the way he's pushing it back lmaoo

F*** i hate the Celtics 😔

I'm for raptors all the way but damn Pascal got away with murder there lol

Refs got chewed out at the half probably

Tatum is so damn nice. Man..

Kemba can ball that’s for sure, but he says a lot for someone saying nothing

Pascal is not a good defender right now. Every time he guards Tatum, he gambles for steal, gets left in the dust and Tatum gets a free bucket or trip to the line.

He’s out matched by Tatum and Tatum is feasting on it

tatum getting phantom calls. I repeat, the fix is in...

I hope Boston is sending a fruits basket to the refs after this game

Refs baby Tatum so much

Tatum is the refs golden boy huh

Tatum slipped on kembas pacifier. Foul on pascal

tatum has 10 FTA. league-mandated superstar.

Tatum is just so much better than everyone else on the court

Tatum is getting everything he wants. He breaks down the defense with ease..

Tatum has gotten literally every single possible call he could get.

If Raps want to win this series they need to find a way to defend Tatum. He’s just toying with us now.

We're still in good shape. This game will be close but the Celtics will choke

Lol guess you gotta hold your hands behind your back for the nba golden child tatum. Soft

take a shot every time tatum gets fouled

I'd rather survive to see the end of the series

Considering how smooth and effortless Tatum looks out there, I'm expecting him to go off in the 4th. Really hope I'm wrong.

I dont blame the refs for calling that in real time it looked real cause Smart flopped like an academy award winner

Marcus Smart has an incredibly high basketball IQ. He knows the fix is in. Any flop and he gets the call.

Love Marcus Smart but I'm pretty sure even Lowry wouldn't stoop that low

celtics defense def good as advertised but it'd be nice if we didn't go cold on open looks too

These Celtics players are ridiculous lmao I've never seen a team overreact to contact like this

get marcus smart out of the league

Lmao Boston is gonna whine forever about that challenge too

Wow the refs actually made up for it

Does Tony Brothers lowkey love us?

Tatum didn't get the bucket because he isn't playing the game right. He's looking for fouls.

tatum has more free throws then our entire team

is Tatum really that unguardable or are the refs just trash? He gets fouled on every play

I miss days when we all claimed that Siakam is better than Tatum ...

Marc fouling out was the best adjustment of this game

Smart flops more then Lowry

Tatum is really starting annoy me with his foul baiting

I just want to see Boucher to swat Kemba’s threes back to bean town

"Don't settle." Is Leo talking about the Raptors' offense or my love life?

Tatums beard is so nasty lol

Wait did they just call a foul on Tatum...WOW.

Ibaka and Fred settled to end the quarter. Momentum is on our side. Smart and Brown FINALLY stop hitting every three they get.

As I say that he hits three in a row.

Smart channeling the inner Curry. 😒😒 Lol this guy does this 3 times a season and it's always against the raps.

9 humans playing this game + a fish named smart

Can Smart get a foul for flopping even though he made the shot please

Marcus Smart is insane

Smart will do nothing offensively for a few games then suddenly turn into Klay

Smart looking Smart

Marcus Smart is the Celtics' most impactful player.

Gotta love smart just randomly finds a three point shot all the time. Dude shouldn’t even be in the game after the sh** he tried to pull.

just can't let 'MARCUS SMART' make open threes

Of course Marcus Smart becomes a sharpshooting 3pt threat against us, that's Toronto Raptors basketball in a nutshell

I hate smart

Letting Smart cook us is just whack

FVV is not on smarts level but wants twice as much money

We aren’t that good in all honesty. Celtics are clearly better. They havinn an off day today and looo like they still gonna win

Pascal worst contract in the league right now

I miss Kawhi

Soo is Nurse on the Hot Seat if the Raps get swept?

Of course Marcus smart of all f***ing people hits 5 3s in the 4th

Go home VanVleet

will leo ever stop talking about robert time lord williams?

How TF did we lose that lead at the end of third?

terrible shooter marcus smart hit 5 straight 3s

damn. my nightmare come true. were gonna lose to the **** celtics

we're gonna lose on a Smart fluke.

Would be such a depressing way to lose

Marcus Smart ended our season. Let it sink in.

I wasn’t excited for this series. Was hoping Celtics could play 7 games against Philadelphia so they could at least be tired vs us in round 2. Time to face facts, we probably wouldn’t even have won the championship last year if Steph and Klay played

FVV getting outshot by Smart lmao

Really stings watching other teams with younger stars that are already much better than our best players at 26.

F*** Boston those racist scum

The Celtics are so f***ing lucky this quarter. Smart shooting 5 in a row is a huge fluke and without those pts they'd be down by much more rn

I hope they send fred back to the g league after this

So uh is Tatum ever going to miss a free throw?

No kemba. You need to continue sucking

Lol Tatum would be at 20pts without all those FTs. Petition to change his name to Mr. FTs

They need to foul Tatum hard if not harder. His defenders have been giving the softest fouls on drives leading to FTs.

I’m so pi**ed that we’re playing the organized crime team in the playoffs. The fix is so clearly in with this officiating. Tatum has had 14 free throws. 14. We can’t battle the Celtics and crooked refs for a whole series. Even the Celtics mascot looks like an organized crime guy FFS

I love how every team can agree on one thing, when we lose it’s the refs fault

CARDIAC KEMBA!!

So lucky with that tech on Tatum. I'll take it

Refs giving us some needed help rn. Let's not choke this.

Come on refs. Carry us down the stretch.

Boston must be fuming over the refs rn

The Refs changed their mind on us in the last 90 seconds

I'll take it but that's a SOFT tech

Refs are doing literally EVERYTHING to bail us out and we just aren't capitalizing

refs are saving us

Kinda need it but that was a bullsh** tech

I don't get how Smart has just come outta nowhere just dropping buckets like Damian Lillard

Imagine getting roasted by Marcus Smart‘s offence.....

That stupic Marcus curry Smsrt run cost us this game

Toronto Teams just can't beat Boston teams. I don't know if i will see it in my lifetime.

but but but we wanted the celtics matchup. Comments From The Other Side - vs Raptors, Playoff Round 2, Game 2, Away Krazy

Doris Burke wants Celtics to win so badly

Siakam should be benched for next game and Raptors should just say he's out with food poisoning.

Marcus killed us, game was over when he 5 3s .

are we done pretending pascal is a star

WELP I guess I’ll focus my energy on rooting against Kawhi if the Raps get eliminated

If we play like this next game we should be good, as long as Marcus Smart doesn’t turn into Curry again

I am not going to get over that ending until our season is over or we somehow come back and win this series. We had 7 seconds to call a timeout and draw up a play, but we elected to give the ball to FVV - guarded by the foot taller Tatum - with no chance at tying the game aside from a desperation three. Unbelievable.

No time out.  Nurse is a fraud.  The real coach of the year is coaching the Celtics!  

Boston is just a better team than us this season we dont match up well. Lets just hope we don’t get swept.

It’s OK. Remember what happened the last time we were down 0-2 in the playoffs.

We had Kawhi Leonard. We’re gonna be lucky to not get swept

Westbrook: terrible performance, blew it yesterday, don’t think you could have a worse game. Pascal: hold my beer

Refs were bad on both sides. Only reason it was close in the final minute was because of Tatum’s soft technical.

Death, Taxes, Boston teams smacking Toronto teams in the playoffs.

Marcus Smart is not who I thought would hit 5 3s in a quarter. Fml

F*** it. I'm done. Giving up a 12pts lead. Tatum and his frickin 14 FTs. Smart and Walker waking up in the 4th quarter. Honestly. F*** it

This is what the forum deserves after tonnes of comments saying that Pascal is better than Tatum. Pascal has been exposed all playoffs and Tatum is looking like a superstar.

Celtics played really well this game, especially Tatum and Smart. Raptors in 6.  (MY NOTE:  How can the Raptors win in 6 games in a 7 game series when the Celtics already have 2 wins?  LMAO)

I need a drink after that game.

Well, at least this new depression is making me forget about the stuff I was depressed about before the game.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down