sinus007
willjr
kdp59
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Autopsy Report - Page 3 Empty Re: The Autopsy Report

Post by atcross Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:54 pm

Well I can certainly see why everyone is ready to blow up the team and the coach with only the two Js and Smart (if he promises to stop shooting 3s) remaining. I mean after coming in last in their division... Wait. What? Two games from the NBA finals? Hmm. If I recall coming into this season, with the departure of Horford, Baynes, Morris, Rozier, and Irving, the expectation was for a lot of adjustments to basically a whole new team, with real results not to come until 20/21. Add to that the fact that neither Hayward nor Walker was 100% in the playoffs. And that it was a short, screwed up season with enough injuries in the top five to keep them from playing significant minutes with each other in the regular season, and I am inclined to think blowing up the team might be a bit of an over-reaction. We changed nine players last season and that was considered sufficient reason to lower expectations. Now we want to do it again?

atcross

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:25 pm

I just want a backup point guard, a big, and a more discipline minded coach who can adjust to our opponents in the playoffs. Just three wishes.
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:36 pm

I agree we are close, but how much better would we be with a coach that could adapt and adapt on the fly and instinctively know how to attack the opponent’s weaknesses like Nurse and Spolstra? Anyone who saw the playoff run can’t be pleased with how we performed. If you are at your best and utilized properly and lose, that’s okay, but when you lose on erratic undisciplined execution that makes you pissed and is not enjoyable.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:23 pm

May I remind everybody that Spo and Nurse are both Champion coaches?  Spo was a wunderkind until LeBron brought Bosh etal to Miami.  Then he won 2 championships, but before that?  Nurse was the reigning Champion coach and current COY.  He learned under Pop.

We got rid of Chauncey Billups too soon because we were impatient.  We got rid of Joe Johnson too soon because we were impatient.  People were calling for Doc to be fired, until Danny got him KG and Ray.  What had Frank Vogel done before going to the Lakers and be given LeBron and AD?

We had TWO underperforming max players for most of the playoffs (one of them barely played because of injury) and we still beat the stacked Philadelphia Sixers AND dethroned the reigning Champions with their COY.  Let's not overreact and throw the baby out with the bath water.  I've called for moving everybody except a few players if that's what it takes to land a "needle mover". Then we'll see.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:45 pm

True Bob. But even Brad says he has to get better. Let's encourage him to do so.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by atcross Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:51 pm

I would also point out that Rondo, by himself, probably has more playoff games under his belt than the Celtics total. Experience counts. Regardless of who you blame as the prime culprit, across the board this is a very inexperienced team.

atcross

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:59 am

I would love to see what Rondo could do with 2 J’s....imagine

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:41 am

Me too.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by atcross Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:59 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:I would love to see what Rondo could do with 2 J’s....imagine

As a player or coach? Rondo is my second favorite player all time for the Cs. But I like Stevens as a coach and I like what I hear about him coming from his players. I suspect Rondo will make a fine coach some day but I don't know that he's ready to make that jump yet considering this past season for him. He's probably thinking three rings is better than two. It does sound like he is looking for that direct-to-the-head route to coaching, not as an assistant. But he would be terrific as a backup PG and vet presence on the bench. Not going to happen but it's fun to think about. Someone said though that Stevens would quit if Rondo came back. I never heard that there was any evidence Stevens didn't want Rondo. Did I miss something?

atcross

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:17 pm

I think everyone is pretty much in agreement that Brad is not going anywhere. The main issues I am reading about include

1. Addressing roster needs
2. Player maturity and experience leading to better decisions
3. Coach Stevens increasing his knowledge and influence
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3