atcross
worcester
Ktron
willjr
bobheckler
15 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Schroder Signs With The Boston Celtics Empty Schroder Signs With The Boston Celtics

Post by bobheckler Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:02 pm

Schroder Signs With The Boston Celtics E8dvyxUVgAAvcuE?format=jpg&name=large

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Schroder Signs With The Boston Celtics Empty Re: Schroder Signs With The Boston Celtics

Post by willjr Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:28 pm

Not sure as of yet how I feel about the signing but I positively hate the photo shopped picture of him wearing number 17!!! Obviously a non Celtic fan or non team historian did the “artwork”.
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Schroder Signs With The Boston Celtics Empty Re: Schroder Signs With The Boston Celtics

Post by Ktron Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:36 pm

Yay Dr. Shray! Prove us all wrong. Bring it!!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:57 pm

Schroder will be an asset. This is a plus.
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by atcross Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:38 pm

How soon can we trade him?

atcross

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:26 pm

$5.9M - c'mon man, Schroeder is a bargain for a decent PG.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:36 pm

Not sure what we’ll do with him. He’s been a 6th man, maybe that’s his fit in Boston. I guess more depth isn’t bad.
We really could use another big. I thought that would be what they would be looking for.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:48 pm

$20M/yr for 4 year?  HELL NO.  < $6M for one year?  HELL YEAH!

Setting aside his BB assets  he's an expiring contract from Day 1.  Assuming he knows his next paycheck  (i.e. this time next year) hinges on how well he is this year and is on his best behavior we got ourselves another  Evan Turner reclamation project.
 Assuming we don't like him he is at best a valuable trade asset and at worst "a Bogans".  He is told to stay away from the team and Pritchard gets all his minutes.   Where is the downside here?  Yam spends next year in Israel?  He needs 10# of muscle anyway.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:53 pm

Once again Bob, you are right as rain, something we are seeing a bunch of here in FL now.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by atcross Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:06 pm

worcester wrote:$5.9M - c'mon man, Schroeder is a bargain for a decent PG.

Was Kyrie a bargain? Some players are good players but bad teammates. I hope he proves me wrong. But this is a BRIDGE year. We are not signing players that will make us contenders this year. How many more games will we win with him? Meanwhile, PP et al need as many minutes this year as possible. They are our future. He's a distraction. Is he a mentor? I don't sense that. I would be perfectly happy with a starting lineup of PP, MS, JB, JT, and RW. We have vets JR, AH, and EK. Bring along RL, AN, and YM. We're either going for the ring or growing. I don't see DS bringing us remotely close to a ring.

atcross

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:19 pm

PP or MS get injured and then Carsen Edwards is our backup PG? Not a good winning formula, bridge year or not. We have Schroeder for a year. Get used to it and appreciate what he can do for the team. I will.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by atcross Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:38 pm

worcester wrote:PP or MS get injured and then Carsen Edwards is our backup PG? Not a good winning formula, bridge year or not. We have Schroeder for a year. Get used to it and appreciate what he can do for the team. I will.

No, I think we have YM and potentially RL. All of these one year contracts make for a witch's brew. Giving minutes in a mediocre year to guys you have no expectation of returning serves little purpose. But, as I said, I hope I'm wrong.

atcross

Back to top Go down

Post by prakash Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:21 am

Curious signing for sure.

The first clear sign that we are in a win now mode. Clearly not with 3 stars. But with two and a bunch of nice players. Nice, contract year players! Interesting!

Schroder is an abrasive personality. So was Rondo and I loved him when he was with us. If Schroder brings an attitude to the floor, we will benefit from it. Lately, the Celts have been too soft for my liking.

My guess is one of Langford/Nesmith, possibly Langford, is out of the rotation now. So is PP.

Wish we had a little more reliable offense. Perplexed about the rotations. How will we generate offense when only one star is on the floor? Will Horford pick up the minutes that Tatum and Brown are on the bench?

I think that we can now stand up to all teams in the East except the Nets.

The season just got much more hopeful and interesting for me.

prakash

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:50 am

I dont think this means that Langford , Nesmith, and certainly not Pritchard are out of the rotation. Schroder could easily become the next Jeff Teague
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by prakash Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:08 am

Fans hang on to straws. Very Happy

prakash

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlin-T Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:41 am

prakash wrote:

Schroder is an abrasive personality.  So was Rondo and I loved him when he was with us.  If Schroder brings an attitude to the floor, we will benefit from it.  Lately, the Celts have been too soft for my liking.

This!

Berlin-T
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:25 am

Schroder Signs With The Boston Celtics Ds_twe10

Schroder Signs With The Boston Celtics Al_hor10

Schroder Signs With The Boston Celtics Roster10

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:38 am

Schroder at $5.9 million is a low risk high reward addition.

Adding him however may signal a decision not to add Yam Madar unless he was willing to take a 2-way player spot.  The kid definitely has some talent but he is not ready yet.

The Celtics still have to move somebody.

The Candidates include Dunn, Fernando, Parker and Edwards.

The easiest way to do this is to just cut Parker.   That will give you the 15 man active roster.

Brad will continue to explore opportunities to make a trade and he has until opening day to make a decision on Parker.  There is really no urgent need to get this done yesterday.  If a deal pops up that  would be a 2 for 1 opportunity for a player that makes us better, I say go for it.  The Celtics did pick up some 2nd round picks that Brad can use to make another trade materialize.

If the Celtics plan to part with Parker, they should do it in a way that at least gives him an opportunity to latch on with another team.

The latest move to add a quality PG, moves the Celtics from the fringe and back into at least the middle of the top 10 teams in the East.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:04 am

First things first Dennis, do not get too attached to that number you have on your shirt, it is taken and retired by one of the greatest Celtics!!

My list of "let's get rid of" Dunn, Edwards, and, only if no way to keep him, Parker.

I would like to see Parker get a full shot at a spot on the team. As I said before, he played his tail off against Brooklyn and showed he could be an asset. I guess this is all on the coach
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:28 am

The potential PG rotation just got a lot deeper.  I think that moving Dunn would definitely open up more playing time for PP.  Everybody knows PP is my guy so I am biased.

I really do not think Brad would have used a TPE on Dunn if he knew Schroder would be available for $5.9 mill.  Dunn only played in 4 games last year and before that 51, 46, 52 and 78.  He is also another guy that cannot shoot the ball  (30% career 3 pt shooter)  

The expectations are low but how do you move off of a $5 million deal?  

As far as Parker is concerned, I watched him play and hoped for the best.  He has proven to be a defensive liability.  He can score as we have seen but he is not a guy that can stretch the floor.  His non-guaranteed contract makes him the likely candidate to be gone.

Roster spots are filling up all over the NBA.

I would like to see a 2 for 1 deal sending Dunn and Parker out if we can bring back a PF who is affordable.  Brad could throw in a 2nd round pick to sweeten the deal for example.  Of course I have no idea who that player might be.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:34 am

Keep Parker and Fernando. Dump Dunn and Edwards. Let Ime coach.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:49 am

worcester wrote:Keep Parker and Fernando. Dump Dunn and Edwards. Let Ime coach.

I think I read Edwards has a 4 year guaranteed contract, great job by his agent.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:54 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:
worcester wrote:Keep Parker and Fernando. Dump Dunn and Edwards. Let Ime coach.

I think I read Edwards has a 4 year guaranteed contract, great job by his agent.

Actually he has one more guaranteed year I think. I'll verify.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:55 am

The 4th year is a club option so he has just one more year
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:15 am

The Celtics would like to remain under the tax threshold. They could accomplish that by waiving Parker and stretching CE.

If they just waive Parker they would have a small tax payment due after the season. During the season they would still have a chance to dip under the tax if they made a move.

I'm just throwing these options out there.

Right now, do we have any other roster needs for this team?

Can we just trade Grant Williams who refused to play in Summer League? Since this is his last season on this team why wait?

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next