Comments From The Other Side - FINALS, vs Mavericks, Home, 6/6/24

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - FINALS,  vs Mavericks, Home, 6/6/24 Empty Comments From The Other Side - FINALS, vs Mavericks, Home, 6/6/24

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:10 pm

https://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2024/06/comments-from-other-side-mavericks-game.html?m=1

By FLCELTSFAN

MY NOTE:  My favorites are in bold, and there are a lot of them.  Which are yours?

go Mavs!!!!!!!! OWN that paint. Shove it down their throat until they give up!!  

We will feast on the hostile environment until we make it as quiet as Jerryworld in there

I wanna see Bill Simmons crying.

The Mavs are huge underdogs in this series, make no mistake. All the numbers, all the odds, and basically everything logical tells me the Celtics are the better team and should win this series.   But you know what? We have Luka Doncic, they dont. Mavs in 7.

I think a lot of Boston's individual statistics are inflated by lack of competition. So, statistically, Boston and Minnesota had the best defenses. But how hard is it to shut down your division when half the teams stink

The Celtics actually did have the best record in the league against the West though at 23-7.

As much as I believe in this squad, no one expects us to win.

Kyrie seems focused. As focused as he's ever been since making game winning shots in Cleveland during the Finals.

If Luka and Kyrie can't be stopped, this helps setting up defense. KP and Horford can't out run Gafford and Lively. This is an opportunity for easy buckets.

I'm willing to bet that Celtics Coach Mazzula gets into it with Luka multiple times during the series.

Destroy these celtics bums please mavericks

89% of the bets were on Dallas? That's an insane payoff considering they are the underdog, i'm actually afraid the fix will be in.

Luka played in devilish crowds back over seas, this Boston crowd won't be sh** compared to those.  (MY NOTE:  This isn't soccer)

I dont think the talking heads at espn realize that luka and kyrie on a war path. Cannot wait to hear the cope. Always bet on the superstars with chips on their shoulders. Boston is soft

I'm just super excited guys. And i'll admit it, celtics were the only team in the NBA i am terrified of.

Boston hasn’t played basketball in almost two weeks. Let’s crush em.

Celtics fans are the most delusional fans on the face of this earth

Please no blowout loss because of like 60% shooting when we have 3 days until the next game.

Wasn’t worried about this series until Drake just bet on us. Now I’m quaking

Leave it to the Lakers to drop an enormous story about their coaching search on the same day of the NBA Finals game 1. Gotta be the center of attention somehow!

Get them into foul troubles. Then, things go super tough for them. Technically, Boston only has 6-7 depth

Boston fans are being delusional .They think theyll beat Mavs in 6 games with Horford and in 4/5 games with KP
(MY NOTE: One down, 3 to go before we see who'sdelusional)

I don't think Luka can be stopped by any Celtics.  The problem is Kyrie, who I fear might be struggling in this series. They have many tools to limit him.

That was seem to be the case in previous matchups. I also think Kyrie has a mentally soft spot against the Boston media

Game 1 is probably the one game the Mavs have to steal.  Only problem is the Mavs suck after long layoffs and also on game 1s.

Good bet on Boston for game1, easy money.
Trust me my friends. No way Mavs can steal that game. No way.

Tatum and Brown are known to be chokers. Sure Brown was clutch against the Pacers, but that was because the Pacers choked even more. And on the other hand, I trust in Luka Ky and Kidd to close the games.

I have Dallas winning fairly easily. Luka is the best player onnthe court. Our frontcourt has been tested and Al Hordford's BBIQ is my only concern. It's not KP.

Fairly easy? What makes you so certain? What exactly will we do different from the two games we lost to Boston in the regular season?

Personally, I think game 1 will be huge for us to make a statement early in the series.

It's 7 days rest, enough for Luka to become fat again. Very Happy

LOL ABC, its the Finals and they are talking about the Lakers coaching moves...

Mavs are just not the darlings of the NBA or media. We don't have Ant, we don't have lip model SGA. We only have a fat Kid from Europe.

I hope this crowd is all time toxic so that Luka and Ky can be even more locked in

Dallas in 4, maybe 5. Completely convinced that Tatum and Brown will choke, KP will be gassed, and KaiLuka are gonna light them up.

Horford and White are gonna be annoying as sh**, I can already see it

Stephen a smith took the mavs? F***.

Boston fans booing going to make supersonic luka

why do we have to endure doris burke

Is there a broadcast that keeps everything the same but just mutes Doris Burke?

This b***h Doris won`t be smiling in 3 hours when Ky hits the game winner

I hope they get Mavs Porzingis this series

Awwww, the Walton tribute is nice.

RIP Bill, he was one of a kind

I live in Portland and people here resent the Celtics claiming Bill Walton. It’s like the Heat pretending Shaq never played for the Lakers.

The boos for the Mavs were very half-hearted 😂

f*** the bucks for trading jrue to boston

They traded him to Portland

Tatum seems nervous

I already hate their three point spamming a**

Wow you can feel the crowd through the screen. Feels like we survived a storm but still up 1.

We probably shouldn’t make a habit of giving up unlimited offensive boards

If Boston keeps bricking 3s we win in 4

Wtf does JB think he's doing, going left?

Celtics is actually terrible hoops these mfs just jack up 3s

Ok if we could not give up 5 shot attempts per possession that would be fantastic

They are actually a** but lucky like every single other Boston sports team

Not sure just giving them wide open threes all night is the best recipe for success.

Looks like the refs are favoring Boston so far. All good they've dealt with it all year

I think we just match up better with Boston. Should be an easier series than MIN

don’t leave Horford open he’ll make us pay eventually

I hope Kyrie gets to stomp their logo at least once.

Why does 38 year old horford scare me as much as prime Steph from 3 lol

What if it’s Curry in an Al Horford Costume??

We are not getting a FT tonight apparently

There is just something about professor J Brown that I can't stand

Everyone is cold af right now, nerves are getting to us

We couldn't shoot a dead person

The shot quality we’re getting versus giving up is a bit concerning

Parkay floor is disgusting. Change it

Tatum is such an elite role player

Bout to throw my KP jersey in the trash

ok KP I used to love you a lot plz show us mercy 😔

They’re acting like KP is returning from cancer or something. Then man had a calf strain and missed 10 games, it’s not that big of a deal

Ok put Morris on this tall bitach and break his leg.

Being outrebounded 16-6 in one quarter is ugly

It's one guy beating us right now. If we can find a way to make him insecure about his relationships we may have a chance.

Early reaction here, to win 4 we need Luka and Kyrie to go nuclear every game else this is wraps. Players 2-5 is not even close.

Why are we trying to play in transition when there's a 7'3 rim protector on the other side? I mean...

KP so much better than Gobert

It's bad enough getting destroyed, but that snake in the grass KP doing it, hard pill to swallow.

Boston on track to pull down 80 boards in this game. Yikes!

Gafford is unplayable

Mass extinction event for dinosaur bigs.

This Celtics team is great but for some reason their game is kinda boring to me

If LuKai can’t even beat the scrub defenders Celts put on them, forget White and Jrue when things get serious

f*** griz and bucks for letting the celtics roster look like this. seriously.

Our defense is virtually nonexistent.   They're getting to the rim at will and all the wide open 3's they want.

Largest lead after the first quarter of game one in NBA finals history.

That´s sadly what I expected so far. Only hope I had was for us to win game 1 and shake their confidence.

Kyrie is shrinking

This is just a terrible matchup

Brown is gonna be gassed by fourth quarter lmao

Good thing they dont need him. (MY NOTE:  You can't say that about either one of your superstars and that'swhy we're going to win)

man this doesnt even look like a nba final, feel like a top team playing against a tanking team lmao

Irving just forcing everything

Look, the Celtics were always the better team. If we are to win the series,  it will require a choke job from them. They are just too deep.

This is what I was afraid of. This explosive offense of the Celtics, plus their defense is tough af. F*** Boston and their weird looking fans.

Their 6th option is better than Mavs third option. Just a massive difference in squad quality

GTFO Washington, can't hit a wide open 3

They're showing levels. We are not ready for this series.

The worst part about this is that our castaway KP is ****ing us and Kyrie looks like absolute sh**. Perfect storm to make Boston fans even more insufferable

Who else just turned it off after that failed Kyrie to Kleber pass?

Hardy, Green, Gafford can’t play against these guys

Celtics look completely awake and ready. Dallas looks like they thought they were done after the WCF

The constant booing is corny AF

It seems to be working

Nuggets would have beat the Celtics

Silver lining: this is how the clippers series started?

BOSTON IS NOT THE CLIPPERS!

Tatum the 5th best player on the Celtics lol

This is about to be a long series, don't see the Celtics maintaining these shots

They did all year.

At this rate it’s going to be a short series lol

People rebuking “doomers” not realizing that were completely outmatched and getting historically humiliated

One of the most embarrassing games I’ve watched in a while and it’s in the Finals

Kyrie is so shook

Celtics are such a crazy front running team. When they get a lead, they bury you in short order

Just have to hope Boston takes their foot off the gas in the 2nd half, and cool off. They've gave up big leads this year.

I would love if someone smack that smug face off of kp

We got them right where we want them

kleber is not an nba caliber player

I would rather listen to nails on a chalkboard than the espn halftime show

Porzingis at this rate will be getting finals MVP.   Dude's been a beast on both ends.

Waiting on weakzingus to make a come back.

Yeah I'm not going to mock KP while he is literally the difference in this game. He's killing us.

"Everybody tough when they up" - Luka to KP probably...

KP didn't do any trash talk or sh***y moves though, eh? He just out there ballin and smiling.

Can't be a fan anymore. This team has no heart. They choke in the big moments. They will lose by 40+ and will get swept. This will be the most embarrassing championship series in sports history.

F*** every single player on that court in black for not even being competitive in the NBA finals. It’s unbelievable but also believable with this squad. No leadership, no energy, probably the worst coaching staff in the league.

Derrick White is one ugly motherf***er, but da** he is good

I do miss KP and was sad we dumped him for Dinwiddie

alright i think KP was lying when he said no hard feelings about dallas lol

Nice little close to the half. We need to come out guns blazing and play lockdown defense and hope the Celtics cooled off

KP has tried harder in this game than any game he ever played as a Maverick

Everybody saying Boston won’t keep shooting like this, this is what they do lmao

Once Tatums team gets his lead back up he'll have to start to get buckets to look like the mvp

bro Luka is locking tatum

I am now a 3 point line abolitionist

Boston getting Kristaps after reaching the final is unfair. Too much to handle.

unlike OKC .. Celtics aint hesitating taking those threes with their 5 out offense..gafford even bite for every horford pump fake

KP had an All-world first half, and yet he only outscored Luka by a point.

Mavs are starting to figure out the celtics on defense

we sweep every series if Kyrie stops his "im only going off in the 2nd half" gimmick

Celtics actually play 0 defense. Their offense is their defense

Thank god for Tatum

Kyrie has been in this league for so long yet he's still scared of the Boston crowd.

wake up while they sleeping cmon

The Lucky curse is real. How often do you see Ky just randomly lose the ball

Dead silence in there 😂😂😂

Crowd quiet af now

I said it before. The C’s are the greatest make or miss team. And now they missin. Long may it continue

LOL only down 8 after that first half apocalypse and you wouldn't know it from the comments in this thread.

Game over everyone we will win this

Dingus checking in. We about to be down by 6254739154 points

uh oh, this crowd bout to start spewing some slurs if this gets any closer

need the choker version of Tatum to show up every game. my friend has him on the all fold like a cheap lawnchair 2nd team

Two travels in a row bruh    Rofl lead got to single digits and these refs started PANICKING.

Mazzula is a trash coach. Lead going from 29 to 8. He called timeout and REFS suddenly changed behavior. Pathetic Boston basketball that only relies on refs bailing them out. Carlisle was right.

Kyrie is a bum

Kyrie at this time go play for Boston

Luka cant guard JB; JB cant guard Luka

this series is over. at least kp is not a scrub confirmed.

Jayson Tatum talks like he was programmed as a 2k my player

Hearing Celtics fans chanting Kyrie sucks

Ya know, at this moment I don’t disagree with the Boston fans.

boston is SO much better.   you're delusional if you think otherwise

Play thj over lyrie

We’ll crush that dogsh** a** Boston team next game not to worry

Kyrie getting cooked

Kyrie couldn’t handle Boston when the fans supported him. He mentally can’t play there.

Celtics rim protection is ridiculous

Kyrie is so outmatched man

That excitement from Boston getting cold didn’t last

When did Jaylen Brown turn into Dikembe Mutombo?

Jaylen brown is insane

Celtics have a dude in social security who shoots better 3’s than 90% of the Mavs.

As I've said in multiple forums all postseason: this boston team was on *cruise control* to 64 wins. Their underlying metrics/advanced stats suggest this is more like a 70+ win team.

It must be nice to be Tatum.  He can just sit back while the rest of his team takes over scoring.  Celtics with 6 players with double digit scoring.

That's what makes them tough. Everybody can score. Not dependent on 1 or 2 players

Brown killing us. Stopped a lot a of easy points.

brown must be the most annoying dude in the nba

kyrie is a f***ing joke

Brown is pretty good.

Boston gets away with murder

jrue cooking djj and pj should not be a thing we have no chance if they dont lock him up

Luka is the only one playing tonight for the Mavs. Kyrie has been trash. DJJ is awful. Centers have been no shows.

Luka looking gassed

Kleber just bench yourself at this point

Everyone remember the statistics. Boston has a HUGE home win rate but atrocious away percentage.  (MY NOTE:
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!  We had the best road record in the NBA.   We'vewon something like 8 straight road games)

we gotta win every second Pritchard is on the court lol

If Jaylen Brown hadn’t sold those fouls on Lively, this would’ve been a closer game

Porzingis needs the Kyrie treatment in Dallas. Played like a bum for us.

It's simple, we need to sub in Dirk and JKidd

I wish the Nuggets won instead of us tbh. This is embarrassing

Ok take the starters out

tatum is trash

man pull Luka he has no legs left

I wonder if Kyrie gets a ring when the Celtics win. He’s probably their 3rd best player tonight

Why’s everyone in Boston so da** greasy?

Our guys needs some finesse around the rim. 9 blocks is disturbing.

Tatum stat padding up 20 dude us so fake

Kyrie has Boston demons, I’m so scared about that man, we have absolutely no chance if this is the Kyrie we’re getting

Im convinced the Celtics only have a great defense bc they’re allowed to commit murder in the middle of Harvard Yard

Kyrie really is in his own head

Lebron 2018 flashbacks. Dallas have the best player in the series but 5/6 best players are in boston

our centers have 8 points combined, Al Horford has 8...KPs points is the difference

Imagine if Maxi was half of Horford.

Why is Tatum still in the game. I guess he needed to put up points since KP outplayed him when it actually mattered.

If the Mavs were an experienced team, they’d lay a very hard foul on Tatum. He shouldn’t be in the game.

Funny thing is Tatum played like sh** but no one will remember because his teammates showed up

Da**, that's a classic Celtics lookin lineup on the floor: 4 white guys and a black guy.

IKR! Is it any wonder that the Cs are only on their 2nd Black coach? The first being Udoka.  (MY NOTE:  Russell, Satch, KC, Doc, Ime)

The Celtics are so good they can afford to have one of those NBA 2k auto-generated bald players on the roster

At least the Celtics look beatable. This felt like Clippers game 1

They look a he** of a lot less beatable than LA.

Tatum stat padding as usual 😂😂

Get Morris in and bulldoze their starters

At least this game proves that Tatum is a complete fraud

Chill man. You think Tatum is gonna play like this all series?

It's whatever but not sure I like seeing DJJ smiling on the bench during a game 1 L

I am surprised with how many blocks they got, thought we would eat on lobs more, credit to them.

Watching Tatum struggle is priceless

Lmao Joe Mazzulla is hilarious. Seriously, it’s hard to hate this guy’s intensity.

Bro Luka showed up 15 lbs heavier in 5 days. Boy looked actually fat, and I’m no Luka weight watcher.

Why the he** are the interviewing Tatum? As if he did anything to contribute to this win

Once again carried by his super team

Kyrie is almost unplayable. Way too small, gives zero effort on defense. We need to start both Lively and Green

The likelihood of an entire team of solid 3pt shooters going “cold” for 4 games, is slim. Boston has more depth and talent. Not saying the series is over - but Dallas essentially has to play perfect to win this series and for kyrie and luka to go absolutely nuclear.

Kyrie will have to pull himself together against the Cs at some point if he doesn't want to get swept.  0-11 since he left Boston.

Hardy with more points then kyrie lol

I hate seeing Hauser make shots

The Celtics are a true superteam

sh***y game by Kyrie...his streak against Boston continues...needs to burn more sage

Kidd doesn't have a plan. All year he was just carried by luka and kai. Now he is playing a team that matches up well and is going let luka take all the shots he wants as long as others don't score.

Boston is just better. There is really not much Kidd can do about.

One stat just showed up saying Cs have 7 players with multiple 3s tonight... NBA record. Brilliant.

I knew Celtics would have field day shooting treys. That’s what’s gonna win them this series.

Congrats, you predicted that the team that shoots the most threes would shoot a lot of threes. Where should we mail your Nobel Prize in Basketball Science?

What did this team work on during the entire week they were off?  Clearly not chasing guys off the line.

They worked on packing the paint against a killer 3pt shooting team

We won't shoot 7-27 from 3 again. Role players will step up. Go steal game 2

We absolutely might shoot 7-27 from 3 again, our role players are very iffy shooters

honestly if porzingis doenst turn into kobe it may have been a different game

Their 9 blocks stands out to me. They clearly saw something Minnesota didn’t. Their rim protection was unreal.

Theyre all elite defenders. Looks like we didnt watch the scouting report

The Celtics running plays for Tatum against our gleague squad like he’s a make a wish kid up 25 with 3 minutes left is pretty pathetic.

Lol why are they talking to Tatum? He stat padded in trash time lol

tatum trying to hide that hes only the 3rd option on the celtics

Somebody in the Bucks FO needs to lose their job for letting one of their biggest conference rivals get jrue and make a superteam for a bag of potato chips

This was the same as Clippers game 1. If you don’t believe, you shouldn’t be here.

to be fair, this is NOT the Clippers, this is a whole different beast...

Stop saying this is like losing game 1 against clips or okc. This is the Finals and Celtics are better than both of these teams.

People keep saying Boston can’t keep shooting like this… but yea they can. 47% field, 38% from 3.  They have hovered close to those numbers in their “bad” games much of the playoffs. And they have also had games they shot way better than that. These are essentially their normal averages.

Celtics are just dominant - tbf the rhetoric around them was pretty stupid. They played who’s in front of them. If we win it’ll be on the shoulders of Lukas greatness

How does it feel to be the lone voice of reason in this storm? Their starting 5 is outrageous. Unbeatable in the modern NBA.

They had as many blocks as we had assists. Just not winning basketball.

It's going to be hard to win against size, speed, accuracy and composure.

Sending good energy to our brother KP. Look at how well he plays in a system where the ball moves around and it’s not being held by one player while everyone else stands around.

KP was trash on the Mavs, that's why Rick Carlisle said stand at the top of the key and catch and shoot that's all you're good for.

The point spread being that offensivley balanced for the Celtics is baffling 6 guys all double figures.

Updated rankings of top players in this series—Luka-JB-Tatum——way down the list is Hauser, then Kyrie.

The Mavs should incentive Tatum to try to play hero ball... it's clear that he is a front runner and he is nothing special... let him try to play iso ball and mid range...

Boston looked like what smart basketball people have been telling us they are, but on steroids. Their defense was all that and they can all hit threes, drive and pass. It's possible that our young, in process team just reached the big boss that they're not ready for.

Holiday, Brown and White looked like the best Celtics.  Was Tatum trying to stat pad during garbage time? Is that what a team's "best player" does?

Mavs don?t lose two straight so game 2 will be good

At least we leave here with the fact that Tatum sucks and gets carried

Be a tragedy if it was KP that was the reason we lost this series. Like, I'm ok in losing in many other ways...not that one though. Ugh

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down