Comments From The Other Side - FINALS, vs Mavericks, Game 5, Home, 6/17/24

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - FINALS, vs Mavericks, Game 5, Home, 6/17/24 Empty Comments From The Other Side - FINALS, vs Mavericks, Game 5, Home, 6/17/24

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:46 pm

http://www.celticsgreen.com/2024/06/comments-from-other-side-mavericks-game_18.html

by FLCeltsFan

MY NOTE:  The FINAL CFTOS thread of the year.  Mine, as usual, are in bold.  Which ones are yours?

I mean how many teams said they could go come back 3-0 only to loose in 5 or 6. Remember this Celtics team came back down 3-0 only to loose in 7 games.

Kidd needed 15 days to make right adjustments for the Celtics squad, Mazzulla will respond tonight so maybe at half of july Kidd finds another answer...unfortunately we will be a Cancun.    End this suffering. Please.

Celtics better take this one or it's going to 7.

Bring in DP early to take out KP once and for all. Then it's an open game. Ish.

Boston fans are talking like theyre going to win just because theyre in Boston but not addressing the rebounding problem and the pts they give up in the paint.   (MY NOTE:  We outrebounded them 51-35, out OFFENSIVELY rebounded them 15-7 and tied them @ 42 for points in the paint)

I'd rather see Mavs lose today which will force our FO to upgrade the roster further. We are not championship material YET.

I personally believe Boston wanted to win the championship on their homecourt.

Nobody is deliberately giving games in the Finals away. 1 injury and you can be ****. Those hot takes are coming from Celtics camp,

Celtics without KP are a flawed team on both ends of the court. Very beatable.

I have a feeling our season ends today,

I hope that the role players are ready, and no THJ unless we're up by at least 40.

You know Kidd’s been drawing up Timmy plays since Friday night!

Only 3 players in NBA Finals history who have made 5+ 3-Points in 1 Quarter:  Steph Curry,  Ray Allen,  Tim Hardaway Jr.

It’s not impossible. It will happen. Mavs in 7.

Game 6 is going to LIT!!! I only say that because we’re gonna go out there and beat these Boston L’s by 36 tonight.

we just need to score more points than the celtics then we can win.

Our 2 stars are better than anyone they put on the court. We need our role players to play loose and be aggressive.

FanDuel - “you’ve got to be a sick person to want to see the Celtics blow a 3-0 lead in the finals”

And here I thought I was just nauseous from all the nerves. Thank you dr fanduel!! Do you think my job will accept this as a sick note?

Same refs from game 1/2 unfortunately

I like the refs tonight tbh. I don't think they call a lot of fouls, which I prefer tonight. Why? It's game 5 Luka, and he's going to make a ton of shots. So, not a lot of complaining from him tonight.

Ref squad did their job and extended the series. Now they won’t disappoint the home fans unfortunately

Ky and Luka go for 50.  Two best players in the series and they will us to a win!!!

well Tatum likes to choke when it matters to be fair. Maybe it's contagious.

Tatum is going to want to come out and set the tone. He tried in Game 4. Shut him down.

Time for the Kyrie revenge game.

Porzingis is available tonight, per the Celtics.

No way the Celtics are gonna risk KP's long term health. That would be a disaster if it's even close to physical around the rim

I don’t think KP will play. Just a ploy. If it goes to game 7 he will play. If he does play and really jacks up his foot it will take everything out of Celtics n crowd. If they do play him it shows they are scared sh**less about losing this series.

The KP thing reeks of desperation. They saw what happened without him in game 4 and are scared of we win game 5 then they will be mentally done.

Personally I think if KP plays it’s a stupid decision on his part, if he lands wrong he could end his career further injuring it

This is war gents. Lucky socks are still on.

They got KP? We got Dereck lively

We should follow up the third largest margin of victory in finals history with the single largest margin of victory in finals history

The silver lining to the Mavericks losing tonight, no more of those derpy Wingstop commercials.

Believe, brothers. We can beat those tea-dumping, potato-loving leprechauns.  (MY NOTE:  Uh, actually, no you can't.  And what have you got against french fries?)

We can make thousands of Boston fans feel sad tonight, that's priceless.

Doc Rivers won a ring in Boston and still couldn't wait to leave.

Celtics with more energy so far

Not a good start for Luka

How did that go in? Some leprechaun sh**

i demand an investigation into the rims

Imagine having a team where Kristaps Porzingis doesn't even need to start

Our role players just look totally lifeless outside of 4th q game 3 and game 4

Why doesn't the team just put the ball in the basket? Are they stupid?

Kyrie not being able to take advantage of Luka being tripled is infuriating

When that Luka first 3 didn’t drop I knew things were done for

Just a terrible game plan to shoot 3s at start of game and let their dumb crowd into the game

It’s been a good run. Boston just has the deeper roster with more reliable role players.

I can not put it into words how much I hate the Celtics crowd.

Smh their crowd compared to ours is embarrassing. Our crowd has been absolutely quiet and uninvolved where Boston's crowd is a difference maker. Dallas fans that live in Dallas and went to the games should be embarrassed.

This team just can’t seem to play in Boston. Everyone looks shook

Jrue Holiday is controlling this game with his smart cuts and setting up teammates.

Refs are already giving Boston the game.

Man it's 4 minutes in and half yall have given up because we've mossed some shots and they hit a 3.

So the ref rigging this again? That was the easiest travel call ever on Tatum

What a horrible decision to play KP C's DGAF about his long term health

I’m convinced D White and Horford could bail out any play possible with some stupid 3

Kyrie too scared to shoot now

Luka and Kyrie are so bad, we´d be better off with Trae Young in this series.

Kyrie needs to stop being so scared man… are Celtics truly cooking his confidence

Of course Celtics fans are fighting each other. They are dumb apes

So easy for KP to draw a foul by just stumbling around on everyone

Keltikks fans are ecstatic there are 3 white guys in the game for their team

Boston crowd starting to sound nervous.

Jason Midd might have just killed the game putting Kleber in

At this point just deport Maxi

Kyrie is almost borderline unplayable in Boston dude missed like every open shots out there

Maxi Kleber has no buisness playing in the playoffs. Dude is a bum

Maxi Kleber Dante Exum Josh Green They probably wouldn’t even be on the floor together in a meaningless regular season game for the 7 win bobcats

Mavs RESPECT Hauser ,he's killed the Mavs

We're not playing with the same urgency we player with last game. It's like the players are OK with not getting swept I fear

Kyrie is legitimately shaken by this crowd.

If Tatum somehow gets MVP...

Congrats on not getting swept I guess.

I hate Portland.   Where would Boston be without Jrue.

yeah i think they're just mocking us at this point

The Garden has just owned the Mavs

all of that just to get here and be food thats played with by a much, much better team

stop the doogie hauser guy, come on

Jrue Holliday and sam hauser lmao

If the Celtics go nuclear, they win, and we all know it and there’s nothing we can do about it. Feels like they’re going nuclear.

Well, if Kyrie fouls out we might have a chance with Exum and Green shooting

Luka & Kai are invisible

We’re going to lose the NBA finals because Jason Kidd can’t help himself from giving Maxi Kleber meaningful minutes.

People b***hing about Maxi like PJ didn't decide to play like an idiot and get benched after throwing KP to the ground.

Tatum hasn’t done sh** but run in and get weak calls and the paid shills like Redick can’t stop talking about him

Tatum shocked he isn’t allowed to punch someone without a foul

Those half a**ed "MVP" chants for Tatum lmao. Even Boston fans know that sh** ain't true

Team doesn’t care obviously. So why should we   They aren't playing with heart at all

Tatum acts like every layup he makes is his first ever

I just wanna say f*** Sam Hauser and everyone who likes him

Getting blown out and handing FMVP to Tatum on a platter. I hate it here

Tatum more points than Luka and Kyrie combined

Tatum without a whistle is just a role player

Luka looking weirdly not engaged? His body language just feels like he’s lacking that fire you’d expect from him facing elimination.

Boston clearly wants it more. Simple as that

Luka just wants to go back home

How is Sam Hauser killing us. Does he usually play this much? Before this series

Luka looks gassed and its the second quarter.

Luka keeps wanting free throws so bad but has never bothered to become efficient at them after 6 years in the league

Pritchard traveled but i guess they only call those on us

Mavs defenders: Nah don’t guard him, no way he does that again lol

Who else was 100% sure Prichard was making that?

Zero doubt that was going in. I'm f***ing tired of white boy summer

lol allowing that same thing twice in a series is diabolical.

Pritchard 3pts in 4 seconds wow

I hate that guy lol

Pritchard ain’t even tall enough to be in the nba

Maybe stepping on lucky was a HORRIBLE idea after all

So whose the MVP? They risk Tatums psyche by giving it to Brown? Or just let him have it?

Maxi kleber should have stayed injured.

How does Stephen A have a job? His takes sound like a drunk at a sports bar

Hope he gets hit by a car

As a completely neutral fan, I'm so glad that Kyrie isn't winning a championship this year. He's such a terrible human being. This conspiracy theorist, anti-vaxxer, antisemitic clown deserves nothing but the worst. I'll sleep soundly tonight knowing that he lost.

Does Luka have a drinking problem? Do I need to worry?

Kyrie chokes more in Boston than victims of the Boston Strangler

Honestly, I am starting to believe the theory that the Celtics lost game 4 on purpose to win it at home.

Ever since Kyrie stepped on Lucky, he never won a single game at the garden.

Kyrie. Go apologize to the fans before the 3rd starts. Just grab the mic. It’ll end the curse.

It’s evident kyrie has some sort of PTSD or anxiety playing in Boston    Dude needs to see a sports psychiatrist in the offseason

You would think a team that only has a 40 year old Al Horford would be weak in the paint yet we seem scared of him

Their crowd has broken Kyrie mentally.

Luka has been complete a** this series on defense. Dude is a legit human traffic cone.

Luka shooting us out the game

This series loss is on Kyrie, Luka and Kidd in that order. Such a wasted opportunity.

Mazula calls timeout when we made 5 points run, every time, good coach

Doncic not even a top 5 white boy at this point

Kyrie 3 for 12. Swallow your f***ing pride and apologize to that leprechaun before its too late

Celtics havent even been good this quarter but we look so... dead.

This has me wondering if would’ve even beat the Pacers

Kyrie has looked old this postseason. Struggles to get by people. What will Kyrie look like next year with more tread off those tires?

Took the deficit from 21 to 19 that quarter. WE’RE SO BACK

Never thought KP would get a ring before Luka

Is there a way we can donate these bricks to Africa? Wakanda could actually be made at this rate.

Our only hope is Tatum or brown getting fouled out or ejected or something

If Horford comes back another year then the Celtics should be favored in the East again. And that's bad news for Kyrie

Derrick White just blocks people with his aura while he fouls with his hands

1 legged Pingus is playing better than everyone on this team right now

We are a Horford three away from all five Boston starters having more points than Luka.

Kyrie sucks. Don’t want this guy on the team going forward

Can you sign a 10 day contract during the NBA finals? We need to prepare for the possibility to replace Kyrie should we play Boston again.

The Celtics are tying to let us back in the game plz make a shot

Kyrie's defenitely Boston's FMVP

Let’s draft Bronny and get his dad. F this. Boston is a super team why not us

Dereck white bailing Jayson Tatum again

Lookout Tatum, Brown is behind you with a chair coming at your head

It took them 16 years to win another title, the Celtics are losers in my mind.  (MY NOTE:  The Dallas Mavericks have won exactly one Championship in 44 years and that was 13 years ago, so STFU.)

Tatum ballhogging it now when the outcome has been clear for a while is so embarrassing and selfish

Tatum is a clown. He's showing up in the last game to get FMVP after stinking all series

This team is a scam and I feel stupid for believing in them

This run right here pretty much sealed Tatum as the worst FMVP ever. Brown choked. Tatum it is.

I wonder what it’s like to be a fan of a team that have superstars that show up in the finals?

PJ might as well put on a Celtics jersey

Brown is absolutely seething over there watching Tatum hunt FMVP

At least we don’t have to hear Doris for a while after this

Championship in the bag and holiday still crashing the offensive glass. That’s championship mentality

“we did it” is like the wish.com version of “anything is possible”

Boston really lost last game on purpose

The silver lining to all this - I don't have to keep listening to f***ing Doris

All I can say is Brown was the best player on both teams in this series by far. It wasn't even close.

I mean Kyrie could have silenced them if he just hit a couple shots in a row but he sh** the bed again

Mavs in 8

We'll always have Game 4. They can't take that away from us.

Brown is significantly better than Tatum

LET'S GO NO TATUM FMVP (holiday robbed)

Time to sell Boston back to England.

I genuinely hate basketball right now f*** every Celtic not named Jaylen brown

On the bright side for the league,class act Al Horford finally got a ring.

That bum Tatum was not Finals MVP

Glad brown got the mvp though. Good guy.

Bucks and Spurs really just had to give Holiday and White to the Celtics

Tatum is 1 class above Luka. Not even close.

Can someone invade Slovenia so they don't drag Luka's corpse for Olympics

Need to trade Irving while he still has value and before another blow up

KP winning a ring before Luka feels weird af but they thoroughly outplayed us

This was a weird series. I don’t see anybody on the Celtics as a villain. I’m more mad at Bucks for giving up Holiday. He was a good piece for Boston.

True, I actually like their team, just hate the fans.  (MY NOTE:  "Oh beware, my lord, of jealousy.  It is the GREEN-eyed monster which doth mock the meat it feeds on" - Othello, Act 3, Scene 3)

Tatum beats Luka to a ring. Didn’t think that would happen. He badly outplayed Luka in this game. It’s a rivalry. They’re the same age. Both first team all NBA players. Tatum leads 1-0.

Lets not pretend that Tatum had any significant role in this series. Luka outplayed him literally every game. Brown, Holiday, Porzingis, Horford, and White all were WAY more integral and won Boston the games. Tatum was whatever.

Not even mad. Boston had a better team. I really think we find a way to beat any other team. Just tough defense every single minute. Hats off to them

WAIT....JAYLEN BROWN FMVP. NICE!!!! This isn't a bad ending to the season I guess. lol

Congratz to the Boston Celtics for their 18th championship run! They were literally built to win it all this season and let's not be some bunch of petty losers and hate Boston, they were just the better team.

Props to the confetti crew in Boston

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down