babyskyhook
LACELTFAN
gyso
jeb
mrkleen09
14 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

LAKERS SEEKING BOSH IN TRADE! - Page 4 Empty Re: LAKERS SEEKING BOSH IN TRADE!

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:14 pm

So what are you saying, I should cc: Chad Ford on this thread?

I dont care who said it and there was no way for anyone to know what was going to happen with any certainty. I am sure you could also dig up lots of things I said that were flat wrong - so this is not to single you or BSH out.

Just found it amusing that what happened was exactly the opposite of what you two were going on and on about.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:37 pm

Many people have reported loads of rumors about free agents and trades. Such is the nature of a message board like this one. I've sort of welcomed it as a respite from the results of the finals series.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:44 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:So what are you saying, I should cc: Chad Ford on this thread?

I dont care who said it and there was no way for anyone to know what was going to happen with any certainty. I am sure you could also dig up lots of things I said that were flat wrong - so this is not to single you or BSH out.

Just found it amusing that what happened was exactly the opposite of what you two were going on and on about.

kleen,

Below are some of my posts from this thread. I never said the Bosh/Bynum trade would happen. Nobody knew months ago what would happen.
I had no idea if LA or Tor were interested in each others players.

mrkleen,

You have no idea where Bosh is going and neither do I.
I doubt LA gets LeBron but apparently LA is one of the 5 teams Bosh wants to be traded to.
I would take Bosh over Bynum.

I also think there is a decent chance that Bosh is traded to L.A.
Free agents can make millions more via sign and trade compared to signing as a free agent.
Toronto is already over the salary cap for next year even without Bosh's contract, so they will not be able to sign any significant players this summer.

Sam,

1) I don't know if Toronto would take Bynum especially since they could get a young big man with the 13th pick in the draft. If Bosh is traded, the only team on Bosh's wish list that can make the salaries match up is L.A.

Even though this can be a great trade for L.A., I think they will work on a trade for a point guard first.

mrkleen,

Most people feel it is better for Toronto to trade for Bynum or another young player then to let Bosh walk away and get nothing.

I am not convinced Toronto will want Bynum.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:07 am

mrkleen09 wrote:A Timely BUMP is in order here

mrkleen09 wrote:This is just wishful thinking from Lakers fans. Bosh is going to the same city as Lebron....and LA WILL NOT get Lebron. Sorry TJ.

babyskyhook wrote:Wherever Bosh goes, it will be in a s+t. It's a $30m difference- not "a little more money".

babyskyhook wrote:So if LBJ goes to Bulls or Heat, or stays in Cleveland, I think Bosh to LA becomes the most likely outcome.

babyskyhook wrote:
mrkleen09 wrote: Guess we will have to wait until July to see if you are right or not.

Kleen- I'm glad to see we can agree on SOMETHING when it comes to Bosh for Bynum. Razz

Me too BSH. cheers

Ha Kleen- good bump!

What's funny is you were right about him and LBJ being tied together, while I was right about him going in a S+T. I knew he wasn't leaving that kind of dough on the table.

I'm shocked Toronto is doing a s+t and only getting back a trade exception and a pick, but I guess the combination of Bosh wanting to go to Miami and a better offer from a team he would have been happy to play for like the Lakers never happened. And maybe the whole FA process was a ruse and he was going to Miami all along. Who knows ?

Where you and I both had it wrong was in Bynum's worth- or at least his worth in the minds of the Laker front office.

mrkleen09 wrote:After the totally lopsided Pau Gasol trade, if the NBA were allow this joke of a deal to go through - they should be investigated for collusion and unfair labor practices.

I wouldn't give you a bag of Chris Bosh' sneakers for Andrew Bynum.

It seems the Lakers never made Bynum available, or at least certainly didn't after the trade deadline.

I have been worried about Bynum's injury history and his tendency to pout when he's not getting shots, but he showed me something with his grit and determination to play through pain in the Finals and to focus on defense and rebounding. So I am ok with them not trying to get Bosh.

If Bynum can stay healthy, his size and intimidating presence inside (7 blocks vs Cs in game 2) give the Lakers a real edge. But it all comes back to health, which was the entire reason I was advocating trading for Bosh int he first place.

Oh well, I've got my fingers crossed that Bynum stays healthy.

But I was wrong about Bosh ending up in LA.

Although I'd rather be wrong about Chris Bosh to the Lakers and right about Artest on Pierce than vice-versa.

mrkleen09 wrote:

If Ron Artest is lucky, Paul Pierce will let him carry his bag from the team bus to the locker room. That will be the extent of Ron's impact on the finals.

mrkleen09 wrote:

You will see in this series that Ron Artest is a fraud and that the Lakers are no better defensively than they were when the Celtics embarrassed them in 2008.

babyskyhook wrote:

Kleen-

one of us will be eating our words re: Artest in a couple of weeks. That's going to add a fun level to watching the series. We'll see who's right and who's wrong. We both think we're right. Time will tell.

kleen- any further thoughts on the Lakers' defense this year vs 2008 ? Or on Artest vs Pierce ? Razz Razz Razz
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:12 pm

Lakers defense was certainly better. Celtics are still a much better defensive team than the Lakers - even without Kendrick Perkins....but yes, Lakers did step up this season on the defensive end.

Paul Pierce outplayed Ron Artest in 6 of the 7 games - and dominated him in games 3 and 4. I think the toll of Artest's physical defense caught up to Pierce in game 7 - but Paul Pierce is better than Ron Artest in EVERY aspect of the game - by a long shot...so not sure what your point is.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:23 am

Kleen-

My point is that you said Artest was a fraud and would have no effect on Pierce in the Finals.

I never said Ron was going to outscore Pierce- that was never happening. What I had said was that ron was going to slow Pierce down and make him less efficient, which is what happened.

Outside of game 5, when Pierce blew up for 27, and the 4th quarter of game 1 (which was essentially extended garbage time), Ron held Pierce in check the rest of the series.

Pierce was a 47% shooter on the year. He was at 44% for the series, but only shot 41% in the four Laker wins.

I had thought before the series that Artest on Pierce would be the single biggest difference vs '08 and I believe that it was.

But you're a good sport for responding and taking a couple of lumps.

We both ended up eating some crow. Me w/ Bosh and you w/ Ron Ron.

All part of the fun.

Have a good weekend.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4