Pregame Chatter and Notes of Interest in the GO! thread, Plus Trivia!!!

+10
bobc33
QuietReader
bobheckler
beat
Jerry Tarkanian
Sam
MDCelticsFan
swedeinestonia
bigpygme
gyso
14 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Pregame Chatter and Notes of Interest in the GO! thread, Plus Trivia!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Pregame Chatter and Notes of Interest in the GO! thread, Plus Trivia!!!

Post by gyso Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:30 pm

For today's game vs. the Wizards:

Wizards game previews, Death of Wizards greatly exaggerated, Streak gives lift to Celtics and more.

I have once again typed the wrong name(s) somewhere in the Pregame chatter post and I can't remember where or what it is. Can anyone find it?

TV: CSNNE and ESPN

Game time: 8:00 PM

gyso

Back to top Go down

Pregame Chatter and Notes of Interest in the GO! thread, Plus Trivia!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Pregame Chatter and Notes of Interest in the GO! thread, Plus Trivia!!!

Post by gyso Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:54 am

For today's game vs. the Bucks:

Bucks game preview, scouting report and thumbnails, unfamiliar teams in playoff push, power rankings and more.

I have once again typed the wrong name(s) somewhere in the Pregame chatter post and I can't remember where or what it is. Can anyone find it?

TV: CSNNE

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:46 am

For today's game vs. the Grizzlies:

Bucks game preview and scouting report, Davis draws Bucks ire, Frustrated Douglas-Roberts and more.

Game time: 7:30 PM

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:37 am

For today's game vs. the Pacers:

Pacers game preview, thumbnails, head-to-head and scouting report, Hibbert, Granger, Rush and more.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:09 am

For today's game vs. the Cavs:

Cavs game preview, head-to-head and scouting report, LeBron says Celts aren't reeling, Perk, Shaq and more.

TV: ABC

Game time: 3:30 PM

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:33 pm

Perk trashtalks Varejao.

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/celtics/index.php/2010/03/13/perkins-offers-some-candid-opinions-on-the-cavs/

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:41 pm

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/65346/20100314/finley_boston_does_a_lot_of_talking/
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:55 am

For today's game vs. the Pistons:

Pistons game preview, and scouting report, Leon Powe back in a big way, Stukey news, Bynum as a starter, Perk & Rondo rescue the big 3 and more.

TV: CSNNE, ESPN

gyso
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:30 am

powe or pow as zen master calls it
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:19 am

For today's game vs. the Knicks:

Knicks game preview, thumbnails and scouting report, "Knicks’ Douglas Makes the Most of It", "Nat and Knicks benefit from trade", "Stern foolish to consider gambling", "Harrington's exit near", "Tony Allen hopes time will come" and more.

TV: CSNNE, MSG

gyso
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:14 am

For today's game vs. the Rockets:

Rockets game preview, head-to-head and scouting report, "Rocket's improved execution brings surge in scoring", "Celtics survey playoff picture", "Rondo took a pass", "Ainge says Garnett can't do it alone" and more.

TV: CSNNE, NBATV, FSH

Game time: 8:30 PM

gyso

PS:

Special Fess Parker Edition

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:16 am

GYSO

Fess Parker ....avatar!

Nice touch......when I wa a kid that was one of my favorite shows

That and Flipper!!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:23 am

Beat,

Anyone our age remembers Fess. I still love watching Davy and Daniel when I can find them.

He got his start in a bit part in the sci-fi movie, Them!

That was a classic movie about nuclear radiation and ants. I've seen it dozens of times since the '60's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2PLls02gOU

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:29 am

THEM

Gosh I was a SCI FI nut, and THEM was a classic!

Pregame Chatter and Notes of Interest in the GO! thread, Plus Trivia!!! - Page 2 21701710

Cast (Complete credited cast)
James Whitmore ... Police Sgt. Ben Peterson
Edmund Gwenn ... Dr. Harold Medford
Joan Weldon ... Dr. Patricia 'Pat' Medford
James Arness ... Robert Graham
Onslow Stevens ... Brig. Gen. Robert O'Brien
Sean McClory ... Maj. Kibbee
Chris Drake ... Trooper Ed Blackburn
Sandy Descher ... The Ellinson Girl
Mary Alan Hokanson ... Mrs. Lodge (as Mary Ann Hokanson)
Don Shelton ... Trooper Capt. Fred Edwards
Fess Parker ... Alan Crotty
Olin Howland ... Jensen (as Olin Howlin)

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:33 am

beat,

The sound that the ants made was like fingernails on a chalkboard.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:41 am

GYSO

Here is a bit piece of the movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2PLls02gOU

You can again hear the sound of giant aunts..........er ants

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:46 am

GYSO

T bring this back to a BASKETBALL topic,

If memory serves me correctly the final nesting area where they found the final QUEEN was in the sewers under the Staples Center!!

Why the ants chose LA still baffles me!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:16 am

beat,

The ants picked up ABC on their antennas. You know that national media, they are always picking LA. So the ants went there.

That hasn't worked out too well for the Lakers and it certainly didn't work out very well for the ants!!!

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:22 am

GYSO

Thet probably heard Walt Frazier in NY and Ausin Carr in Cleveland........then went the other direction .................WEST!!(Jerry) that is as MD woudl add!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:21 am

For today's game vs. the Mavericks:

Mavericks game preview, NBA Roundup, "Mask or no mask, Mavs Jeti ready", "Rasheed Wallace seeks retribution vs. Nowitzki", "Mavericks confident as they enter the home stretch", "An old formula works to perfection", "Won more for road" and more.

TV: CSNNE, KTXA

Game time: 9:00 PM

gyso
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietReader Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:56 am

Hi GYSO
I wonder if you meant these names?
(and please excuse me if I have got a wrong idea...)

Newcomer [b]Gerard[/b] Butler scored a team-high 27 points to help build a big lead, although Dallas  squandered much of an 18-point fourth-quarter advantage before finishing off the Bulls.

“We’ve got to get better at closing out games,” reserve guard Jose Cuervo said.

Their Newcomer is Caron Butler and the backup PG is Jose Juan Barea.

Quietreader
QuietReader
QuietReader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:37 pm

Quiet Reader. You have sharp eyes.

Gyso deliberately mixes up one or two names in each of his pregame summaries. He plays a game to see if we're playing attention and can find the wrong names. Obviously, you are paying attention.

It's always a pleasure to hear from you.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietReader Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:48 pm

Sam!

Thanks for welcoming me again to this forum and letting me know of gyso’s funny trap. Gee, I thought he really needed a help for finding them out! I hope I did not take the fun out of him: Embarassed

The game at Huston was very encouraging. What made me most excited was that Sheed actually jumped for rebounds! bounce

Too bad I have a meeting scheduled during today’s game time. Hope it will be another exciting one. I will keep my fingers crossed. Enjoy the game!

QuietReader
QuietReader
QuietReader

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:14 pm

QuietReader,

I get double fun when I mix up the names (on purpose). First, I have the fun of making the new names up. Second, I get fun when other people find them.

Thank you for playing my little game. You got both of them right, many only find one. Good job!!!

Please try to find any names I mix up in the future.

gyso
gyso
gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:09 pm

Quiet Reader,

I wish we could have more posts from you. I understand the culturally based reasons why you hestitate, but I enjoy reading your comments and opinions.

Obviously you should do what makes you comfortable, and you're very welcome under any circumstances. But, if you ever get the urge to post a little more often, I believe you'll receive a lot of support.

Have a good meeting.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next