Comments From The Other Side - Bulls, Away - Playoff #4

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Comments From The Other Side - Bulls, Away - Playoff #4

Post by bobheckler on Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:12 pm

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2017/04/comments-from-other-side-bulls-game-4.html



This game is on TNT, which we win at home. ESPN games or ABC games are the issue.  (MY NOTE:  Does this idiot actually think the players even know, much less care, which station is carrying the game?)

I doubt celtics hit that many 3s again, I also doubt jimmy has 2 bad games in a row. And I think our role players play better. I think we win game 4, lose game 5, close it out in 6.

Not if MCW and Grant are so heavily relied upon to initiate the offense.

Is there any chance Rondo can play on Sunday?

Fred will need to actually coach...

Or hand the coaching job over to Rondo..

Who would have thought that losing Rondo could be such a huge deal.

I will say, I think jimmy gives us a game for the ages Sunday. I think he knows he has to bring it, and he will. I expect 40 from him sunday.

rondo dresses or this is a loss.

Without Rondo we need to get hot or lucky to win games.

I guarantee we win this game if we lose I would like to be banned for a week  (MY NOTE:  Buh-bye)

If Butler doesn't show up like a superstar in this game........well......then the FO was right about him.

I don't really see him doing that since the Celtics have a great coach who can adjust, and how knows if the referees are gonna call anything.

We're tanking, obviously.

We're back on TNT.. And it's at home.. Please basketball Gods, I know you like to **** us over, but do us a solid for once. We deserve this. Let the mystical forces that be guide us to another victory on TNT.

I have a feeling the TNT streak ends here

Coach Rondo will spend his rehab trying to put together a game plan: "I’m going to go home and watch film and see what we can do better. It was a tough night. We didn’t defend the three as well as we did in Games 1 and 2. I think they got up 37 attempts; we have to get those attempts down. They made 17, but we have to a better job getting them off the line. We did a pretty good job rebounding the basketball, but we have to find a way to get into offense a little quicker and make better decisions with the ball."



It should be noted that the TNT streak doesn't include the playoffs. I think somebody said we were 2-7 the last couple years in TNT home playoff games. Not sure if that's true or not, but I'm just going to ignore it and pretend it still exists.

According to Bradley's postgame interview he says the Celtics are in control now. We'll see about that after their ONE win.

MCW should've been taken out when he lost the jump ball to Thomas. He shouldn't see any more time based solely on that.

I see us losing this game. We lost the momentum and with Rondo out, our pace is just pathetic. Grant and MCW are the worst PGs to play in the playoffs as top rotational players. Hoiberg can't coach, he was lucky that Rondo was doing his job while playing but now he is clueless.  (MY NOTE:
 If Hoiberg is talking about IT "carrying" then, yeah, he can't coach)


I have faith that the coach will make the necessary adjustments to get the team ready and actually be competitive this game. It's too bad that thumb fracture is keeping him out of the lineup though.

It's crazy how injuries can change an entire series. People could look at our play vs Boston and clearly see we were on our way to sweeping them. Rondo goes down, now Boston has new life.

I would much rather have Wall, Kawhi, or Giannis then Jimmy.
Giannis is a 6'11 mouth watering freak of a player.
Wall is a one man fast break.
Kawhi is younger and better then Jimmy at everything.

Must-Win     Bulls lose today, it’s over in six. Win today, it’s also over in six, with the Bulls winning.

F*** the Celtics

Man, I hope we win this game. The obnoxious coverage of the Celtics this weekend has been awful

If the Bulls lose today. They might not win another game.

And they might win the next 2, or 1 of them...game 4 doesn't dictate what's going to happen in the game/s after it. For all we know Mirotic thinks it's March, nails 6 threes in the 1st half and Boston gets blown out in their own building in game 5

The Bulls aren't losing 3 out of 4 games This series is almost a wrap, Rondo or no Rondo.

Jimmy gets 1 pass. If he doesn't bring it tonight, he aint ****

Can we stop acting like the Celtics all of sudden flipped the switch...We came out flat last game. Seems like the Rondo news shell shocked the team reason coming out flat. Celtics made 18 3 pointers and Jimmy played awful yet in the 3rd we cut the lead to 1...If everyone contributes,and does their job. We got this!

There's word that Derrick Rose may attend Game 4 of Bulls-Celtics at United Center.

That won't be awkward at all.. Can he run the point, though, with Rondo out??

Probably better than the other guys we have, torn meniscus and all.

Kinda odd. Maybe Nate will show up. Or Kirk Hinrich

Nate will show up asking to be signed before the game.

I shouldn't be this nervous but I am




CSN Scalabrine sighting!

Bulls/Celtics series always wind up being the stuff of legend one way or another. This perception that it's over if Boston wins game 4 is probably more about our expectations than the Bulls real chances.

Great we get McHale again. That's enough for the basketball Gods to give this to us considering how annoying he is

Why does Kevin Mchale get Celtics game He's so biased its annoying!

What does wade do? The ref is more active and running around.

Wish Fred woulda wore a tie, for Rondo to choke him with.

somebody guard ****ing green

WHO IS GUARDING GREEN?

The fact they're running the same sets from game 3 and the Bulls are not stopping it is disconcerting .

Gerald Green > Mirotic That's a bad formula

God I hate this team

Niko going to be straight trash, and Gerald Green will become Steph Curry.

This is on the players you got a bum a** Green in the lineup and wont capitalize? These guys don't want it more. Period.

This looks like a repeat of Game 3. Celtics are unbelievably lucky Rondo got injured.

Great adjustment by Stevens starting Green.

Every single Celtic starter has scored. But Jerian Grant is the problem? Not buying it.

Brad makes adjustments as the winning game coach. Fred does not as the loser

Bulls aren't matching the C's physically.

Im turning the channel I cant deal with this

The Bulls can't score with Isaiah Thomas and Gerald Green on the floor.

I can't believe MCW just let IT push him around like that

Wade's defense = IT Defense this game

wait this a TNT game lol

My smoke alarm won't stop going off From the landfill fire currently on my tv.

No Rondo Has give the Celtics 200% confidence.

the refs are embarrassing

You can't give IT those type of heave the ball calls. Yet he always gets them.

The resolution isnt great on my feed Are we sure Fred hasn’t Snuck NateRob on the court in a Canaan Jersey. I think that makes more sense than actually playing Canaan

Foul them all out Jimmy that’s our only hope

I know IT lost his sister last week but he's creeping up into **** him level right about now.

Well, winning two road playoff games has exceeded our expectations

Kelly Olynyk just looked terrible bringing the ball up the floor... … maybe the Bulls will sign him as a point-guard next year.

I think we have overachieved How did we win 2 games god help us

Green looks like Ray Allen out there. Holy crap

So it took Rajon Rondo to cover up how bad this team is

24 million+ wasted on Wade... Bum

Well we have turned Gerald f***ing Green Into Kevin Durant

Just hoping that Boston gets beat bad by cavs,wiz or hawks,whoever At this point it’s all I can wish for

Wade not worth anywhere close to his pay

Marcus Smart is such a phony

I f***ing hate the Celtics almost as much As the packers now.

I don't, other than Marcus Smart. They're taking care of business against an trash organization

I hate Lebum But i hope he absolutely eviscerates this f***ing irish lolly pop squad if they make it that far.  (MY NOTE:  "Irish lolly pop".  That is,
by far, the most creative description of a shamrock I've ever heard)


These refs are absolutely trash Phantom moving screen flop by Smart

Can we please insert Rondo as head coach? Hoiberg is **** clueless.

Well damn we getting exposed. And people wonder why the UC isn't incredibly loud.

Total horse****. Refs should be loathe to give a guy 3 FTs, let alone hand them out like candy

Refs not helping

Lol at that defense.olynyk didn't even want to shoot but when he's open for like 4 seconds ofcourse he would shoot it.

Rondo with one hand is probably better than any PG we have at this point

Is it too late to tank?

Wish we had an actual coach with brain and knows how to make adjustments.

Gerald Freaking Green. Really?

Gerald Green's been available in the past, Bulls never showed interest.

I think Boston has too much confidence to lose the series now. Genie out of bottle

Smart is a punk

Jimmy trying to drag fight in to his team, Marcus Smart obliges.

Somebody please just punch Smart

Jimmy is letting Gerald Green come into his house and do what ever he wants lol.

Double technical? LMAO. I've never seen a series officiating as poorly as this one.

Rondo went from a third string player at one point to season savior. Just shows how much disfunction this team has been through this year. Sad to say I hate we made playoffs.

Jimmy getting his a** kicked by Gerald green

Lopez has been utterly horrendous so far. He is mediocrity defined.

Great play by Horford, not a bad drive by Butler, Al just made a great play without fouling

We all knew this anyway, but Jimmy can't be your best player on a legit contender.  (MY NOTE:  I have no idea WTF this guy is talking about.  Take away Jimmy Butler and his Horatius at the Bridge effort and this is a blow out of biblical proportions.)

Smart has been knocking guys out the air for rebounds with no call.

I wish Zipser hustled like Jerebko does.

Thomas is so good. To do all this at his height is a lot harder as well

Lol @ Smart and IT questioning a call.

Jimmy has been **** on defense

This seems hopeless, they have like 8 role players giving positive contributions, we are struggling to find 2.

I don't think there was a guy within 10 feet of all Gerald Greens shots. We defended a lot better in Boston.

Kenny smith right,that smart shove on Jimmy kind of woke up the bulls

Lmao @ Me, MCW and Grant all having the same amount of points this game

I'll laugh with you just to keep from crying.

Here's a stat to follow. Gerald Green leads them in rebounding at 5. Gerald Green isn't traditionally a good rebounder. No one else in the starting line up is rebounding. We really need to hit the glass.


Attack Isaiah EVERY POSSESSION.

Damn. I guess they forgot green can get up there

Crowder should have already received a tech. The refs missed him shoving Niko earlier.

Crowder needs to get hit by a truck

I know we're all about killing Hoiberg around here. But can I just say Stevens swapping out Green for Amir Johnson was genius. Green is shooting and rebounding better than Amir.

Cannan actually quick enough stay with Thomas..he's the only one who can

IT not getting the calls he's usually getting cuz refs can actually see him over Canaan.

Its funny matching IT with another mini me is actually working.

Canaan is playing his mind out. I'm so happy he's seizing the opportunity. If Gerald Green gets to go off for Boston, the Bulls needed to catch a break themselves.

Isaiah Canaan is a Steph Curry with less playing time

Celts playing awful basketball since the 1st Q. They have to take advantage of it.

If we get another foul on IT they are probably done.

HE HAS FOUR FOULS GO AT HIM. HE SHOULD NOT BE IN THE GAME

Got to get #5 on IT.

Kevin McHale should've been calling a different series. His Boston bias is becoming unbearable

We need to foul out the midget

I can't understand why they're going over that high screen. It just opens the paint up completely for Captain Flopula.

If we can keep Green off the glass, they're going to be in trouble. No one else is rebounding for them

That woulda been a foul on the other end. Just sayin

4 fouls on this midget, and he is balling on us. FOUL HIM OUT

Stop putting Thomas on the line.Stuff his crap man for goodness sakes

These refs are terrible. Just breathe on Thomas and it's a foul. He lives on the free throw line.

Butler not getting calls  (MY NOTE:  Wow.  Totally delusional.  Jimmy Butler ended up with 23 ftas.  The entire Celtics team took 22)


IT is trashing us right now

IT getting weak a** calls D ROSE could never get.

Horford ain't sh**. Smart wants no part of Butler. IT gets killed by any starting guard on a playoff team in the east with a competent coach That being said, Celtics will win this series in 6 and lose the next series in 6.

It's TNT And IT is NOT LeBron James. We should be ok lol

This game is going to go down as the Marcus Smart ejection game Book it.

Okay. We are literally letting the midget beat us

IT yapping at MCW "You can’t guard me." IT’s right.

Ridiculous tech. Since when can you not talk trash in the playoffs?

How did Jimmy get a T earlier for his thing with Smart but MCW didn't get T'd up for that?

Is it bad that I was on Thomas' side during that exchange?

Thomas has like 10 straight layups. Can anyone stop this dude?

IT is in one of those DRose No one can guard me state of minds. Bulls in trouble…hugely.

Wade is trash

is wade getting paid under the table from celtics

Does anyone think Rondo will force himself to play and tape up his fingers? We need him to have a chance in this series.

Give props to smart- Can't shoot for sh** but plays hard as f***. A lot more than I can say for 99% of the Bulls team.

Hard to win when your lead guard has an injured thumb And your coach has an injured brain

well at least it looks like green isnt coming back in the game

I would love someone to smash IT next time he goes for a lay up.

Considering the whistle will come either way, I'm not sure what the downside is.

Smart making jumpshots That sickens me because he sucks

Bulls defense... Pray the Celtics can't hit open threes

The **** are we triple teaming Marcus Smart for

I hate Thomas

Thomas draws a foul every **** possession.

IT has taken over....its over

Isaiah unstoppable right now.

Can the untradeable Jimmy Butler play like an untradeable player?


Butler can not guard Thomas.

The Celtics are one of the worst one seeds I have ever seen. Cleveland another cakewalk to the finals. Might as well play Cleveland-GS for the next four years.

Lmfao this is comical. Even horford is making 3s

Ugh. Bulls can't grab a rebound against the 2nd worst rebounding team in the league

Wade is just too old.

Wade should retire after the year

There's no one on this roster I want to see next year except Jimmy and maybe Rondo as a backup PG.

Wade is absolute **** trash

Game 5 adjustment should be to bench Wade

That's a wrap folks. Boston will win next two. Nice run but they really miss Rondo

Rondo needs to just get a shot in his hand, and just play threw it. He doesnt even need to shoot it. Just set the pace.

I love how overrated Rondo playing good games makes him to the team success like he's Jimmy Butler. HE WAS A NEGATIVE IN GAME 1!

Lol I have no clue whats happening. We arent getting calls

I dont even know why the Celtics are acting like this is some amazing work. You are playing an 8th seed with their main pg not even playing and they are acting like they are the bees knees...PLEASE

they are in for a wake up call in R2 vs Washington. Hell, they were about to get swept, or lose in 5 games, against the Bulls before Rondo went down.

I can't wait to blow it up.... I don't care if they are sixers bad for multiple years... Just do it

Jimmy superstar Butler has gotten abused defensively all night     Outplayed by IT in 3 out of the 4 games in this series.

Man refs helping Buckets so much and we still lose by 11.

Boston has to have glue on their hands. Do they ever bobble those bullet passes out of bounds in close quarters, or is that just the Bulls?

Prediction: Rajon Rondo plays in Game 5 He came back from a big injury in the playoffs for the Celtics before, right?  (MY NOTE:  That's because he was a Celtic.  Now that he's a Bull there isn't the same level of Pride.  Heheheh)

Doctors said he wasn't even getting reevaluated for 7-10 days. That would be game 6 or 7 at earliest.


I highly doubt it. They said he'd be out for a couple weeks. Rondo is as tough as they come. If he's not playing right now, the injury must REALLY be bothering him. Hard to imagine him being ready by Game 5.

Rondo quote before the game: "I plan on my body healing pretty quickly. The doctors told me a couple weeks, but we'll see how it goes." Sounds like a guy who is thinking about it at least.

How exactly did Jimmy get outlayed by IT tonight? Was it because IT's teammates actually stepped up and Jimmy's didn't?  (MY NOTE:  Yes.  Period)

Still don't see how the Celtics won 50 games and got #1 seed. A stronger conference, and this Celtics team is a #4-6 seed. So....bleh for EC basketball.  (MY NOTE:  First, they won 53 games.  Secondly, if we're a 4-6 seed you are Hell and gone out of the playoffs)

Isiaiah Thomas is right though, they don't need a high volume wing like Jimmy Butler.

This Utah crowd makes the Chicago crowd sound like a library.

GarPax lost a trade in which they gave up Tony Snell. NOTHING IS IMPOSSIIIIIIBBBLLEE!

The playoffs are a different animal, man. And they’re eating up all of our f***ing scrubs.

Butler got tired. The Bulls are working too hard to score. When no one’s threes are falling and every shot has to be an athletic, contorted layup in the paint, your playmakers are going to get winded.

46 minutes. He had to switch onto Gerald freakin Green because we had no other competent wings.

Fred is about to get fined lol For pointing out that IT has been getting away with traveling lol.

Put together, IT and Smart would be an almost perfect player. As it stands now, they’re just a couple of a**holes.

Can't wait until that midget gets exposed He acts like such a b**ch out there

In conclusion Wade sucks, niko sucks, 5 pgs suck, every bench player sucks, refs suck, fredophile sucks, gar sucks, pax sucks, Jerry sucks, the uc crowd sucks, ben gordon and rose not dressing suck, benny the bull sucks. Change the name to windy city bulls already.

We all knew Fred wasn't going to make any adjustments from Game 3 to Game 4. And the same exact thing happened (early deficit), Fred scrambles throwing whoever in and then got lucky Canaan didn’t play like garbage. Now we all see the ‘adjustment’ coming for Game 5, starting Canaan

Guys calm down We only lost the 1st quarter and tied or won the rest. We were the better team after the Canaan move just check the stats.

Don't tell us to calm down Bulls blew their chance of taking this to a game seven. I expect Bulls to be blown out twice in Boston. Hoiberg will make sure of that.

Correction For the Bulls to be blown out twice in Boston, there would have to be a game seven.


Is the hesitation move of IT’s that this dude talking about what Hoiberg is talking about? It doesn’t really look like a carry, but in a few IT’s highlights he definitely has his hand further under the ball. Anyone have any blatant IT video to illustrate what Hoiberg is talking about?

Theyll call it three times in Boston and we'll win by one

I wish Rajon Rondo was the player-coach of this team. Yes, these are words that just came out of my mouth. I will not take them back

I think Rondo is going to play game 5 or game 6. Or maybe I’m just hoping.




Dwade should be traded. or sign Crowder ( bff of butler )

Ladies and Gentlemen, (a few of) YOUR Chicago Bulls!
Jerian "We Liked Him in the Draft" Grant
Michael "Broadside of a Barn" Carter-Williams
Cristiano "Foulin’ Fool" Felicio
Nikola "Miserable Outside of March" Mirotic
Dwayne "Way Over the Hill" Wade
Bobby "Skywalker" Portis
Cam "Max" Payne
Joffrey "Taj Was Walkin’ Anyway" Lauvergne
Denzel "Faster Than Erik Murphy" Valentine
And the Coach, Fred "The Great White Dope" Hoiberg

Rondo is the key to the next round He totally outplayed Boston by himself in game 1 & 2. He knows everything about them. I expect him to play game 6 and 7 – otherwise it is luck for Boston or Rondo felt like I cant beat my old beloved team like this for the F***Rondo-guys who hate me anyway….

why is IT allowed to get in the paint so freely? Don’t say that his speed makes it possible — no matter how speedy he is, he should be finishing every drive with his face plastered into the goal post or flying 10 feet into the crowd. The Bulls should be giving him something to think about, regardless of any fouls that will be called. The biased refs will call them every time, anyway, so as Stacey says, make them count. Am tired of this cocky little b**ch midget and his arrogance.

This team is done



bob



.
avatar
bobheckler

Posts : 31407
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments From The Other Side - Bulls, Away - Playoff #4

Post by worcester on Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:23 pm

Chicago fans have a Fan Tastic sense of humor. I laughed my ass off reading these posts. Thanks Bob.

My favorite:
Is it too late to tank?
avatar
worcester

Posts : 4701
Join date : 2009-10-31
Age : 70

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments From The Other Side - Bulls, Away - Playoff #4

Post by jrleftfoot on Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:08 pm

Rondo " knows everything about" the Celtics is my favorite. Yeah, because Doc Rivers is still coaching gang green.
avatar
jrleftfoot

Posts : 348
Join date : 2016-07-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments From The Other Side - Bulls, Away - Playoff #4

Post by beat on Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:14 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:Rondo " knows everything about" the Celtics is my favorite. Yeah, because Doc Rivers is still coaching gang green.

even if Doc called a play Rondo didn't listen

Same with Brad for the little time Rondo played under him


he may know where the shower is in the locker room and a few places to have a cold one BUT as for the playbook no way

beat
avatar
beat

Posts : 6578
Join date : 2009-10-13
Age : 64

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments From The Other Side - Bulls, Away - Playoff #4

Post by cowens/oldschool on Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:52 pm

The only reason this series is tied 2-2 is because Rondo went down.
avatar
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 11238
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments From The Other Side - Bulls, Away - Playoff #4

Post by fierce on Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:15 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:The only reason this series is tied 2-2 is because Rondo went down.

I think Brad made the right adjustments in Game 3 and Game 4.
By starting Gerald Green, the Celtics became a different team.

It's part Rondo and part Brad Stevens.

The effects of the change made by Brad can clearly be seen in the of minutes and production of Robin Lopez.
Lopez is getting fewer minutes and scoring and rebounding less since Green is started for the Celts.
avatar
fierce

Posts : 312
Join date : 2017-04-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments From The Other Side - Bulls, Away - Playoff #4

Post by cowens/oldschool on Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:08 pm

fierce wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:The only reason this series is tied 2-2 is because Rondo went down.

I think Brad made the right adjustments in Game 3 and Game 4.
By starting Gerald Green, the Celtics became a different team.

It's part Rondo and part Brad Stevens.

The effects of the change made by Brad can clearly be seen in the of minutes and production of Robin Lopez.
Lopez is getting fewer minutes and scoring and rebounding less since Green is started for the Celts.


with a smaller line up Rondo still would have shredded us, maybe even easier
avatar
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 11238
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments From The Other Side - Bulls, Away - Playoff #4

Post by worcester on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:32 am

No doubt Cow, no doubt. God must be a Celtic fan.
avatar
worcester

Posts : 4701
Join date : 2009-10-31
Age : 70

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments From The Other Side - Bulls, Away - Playoff #4

Post by steve3344 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:54 am

worcester wrote:No doubt Cow, no doubt.  God must be a Celtic fan.
If he is, where was he in games 1 & 2?

steve3344

Posts : 3300
Join date : 2009-10-27
Age : 67

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments From The Other Side - Bulls, Away - Playoff #4

Post by worcester on Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:45 am

She did not abandon us. We abandoned her.
avatar
worcester

Posts : 4701
Join date : 2009-10-31
Age : 70

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments From The Other Side - Bulls, Away - Playoff #4

Post by bobheckler on Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:30 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:
fierce wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:The only reason this series is tied 2-2 is because Rondo went down.

I think Brad made the right adjustments in Game 3 and Game 4.
By starting Gerald Green, the Celtics became a different team.

It's part Rondo and part Brad Stevens.

The effects of the change made by Brad can clearly be seen in the of minutes and production of Robin Lopez.
Lopez is getting fewer minutes and scoring and rebounding less since Green is started for the Celts.


with a smaller line up Rondo still would have shredded us, maybe even easier


Cow,

Why?  If our bigs are our weakness, as you often point out, why would replacing a weak big with a strong wing make it easier to shred us?  Rondo doesn't penetrate as well as he used to and, take away Mirotic, which Bulls bigs can shoot from range?  Lopez has hit some mid-range shots but that's not his strength.  Same with Portis, they are both paint guys.  If you keep Rondo out of the paint with good perimeter defense he can't penetrate and kick to a guard and I don't see where Chicago is a great pick-and-pop team unless you're kicking to DWade or Butler.

What we're seeing is Gerald Green doing the shredding.  That's because there's no big that can stay with him on his offensive rotations.  We are finally doing a good job on Lopez and keeping him off the offensive boards (or, maybe, he's just finally returning to Earth) but either way their bigs couldn't beat us the last two games and that was with us playing small.  Take Lopez's offensive rebounding away and they are a pretty 2-dimensional team.  

Would Jimmy Butler have had a bigger game if Rondo had played?  No, but Portis and Zipser might have but that might not be true if we had Green or Jonas going out to the arc with Portis and Zipser to contest their shots and not a big.  Brad gave Jaylen minutes in the first two games and didn't play Jonas.  Now he has reversed it and Brown is sitting and Jerebko is getting his minutes and we're winning.  It's about match ups and I don't think Jaylen can do a good job against Portis or Zipser.


bob


.
avatar
bobheckler

Posts : 31407
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments From The Other Side - Bulls, Away - Playoff #4

Post by worcester on Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:49 am

Jaylen got 3 minutes or so in game 2 ....not why we lost.
avatar
worcester

Posts : 4701
Join date : 2009-10-31
Age : 70

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments From The Other Side - Bulls, Away - Playoff #4

Post by atcross on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:42 pm

beat wrote:
jrleftfoot wrote:Rondo " knows everything about" the Celtics is my favorite. Yeah, because Doc Rivers is still coaching gang green.

even if Doc called a play Rondo didn't listen

Same with Brad for the little time Rondo played under him


he may know where the shower is in the locker room and a few places to have a cold one BUT as for the playbook no way

beat

I've never seen it suggested that Rondo didn't know the playbook of anyone he played for. Far from it. I vaguely remember one of his coaches saying he thought Rondo knew his plays better than he did. I would wager that the night he heard Stevens was hired as coach he began studying Butler's plays and knew them before Brad ever stepped foot on the floor of the Garden. Obeying the coach during play was a different matter. And given the results when he's allowed to run the floor, I'm not sure he wasn't the better "coach."

atcross

Posts : 37
Join date : 2013-02-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments From The Other Side - Bulls, Away - Playoff #4

Post by NYCelt on Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:19 pm

fierce wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:The only reason this series is tied 2-2 is because Rondo went down.

I think Brad made the right adjustments in Game 3 and Game 4.
By starting Gerald Green, the Celtics became a different team.

It's part Rondo and part Brad Stevens.

The effects of the change made by Brad can clearly be seen in the of minutes and production of Robin Lopez.
Lopez is getting fewer minutes and scoring and rebounding less since Green is started for the Celts.

Fierce,

Good point.  Some credit has to go to Stevens' lineup change.

None of us would have ever guessed that Gerald Green would have started and been a major factor in one playoff game, much less two.  He came through when given the opportunity.  Stevens deserves a lot of credit for removing a struggling big and seeing that a smaller quicker wing was the answer given the Bulls lineup in the last two games.

Regards
avatar
NYCelt

Posts : 6238
Join date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments From The Other Side - Bulls, Away - Playoff #4

Post by bobheckler on Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:35 pm

NYCelt wrote:
fierce wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:The only reason this series is tied 2-2 is because Rondo went down.

I think Brad made the right adjustments in Game 3 and Game 4.
By starting Gerald Green, the Celtics became a different team.

It's part Rondo and part Brad Stevens.

The effects of the change made by Brad can clearly be seen in the of minutes and production of Robin Lopez.
Lopez is getting fewer minutes and scoring and rebounding less since Green is started for the Celts.

Fierce,

Good point.  Some credit has to go to Stevens' lineup change.

None of us would have ever guessed that Gerald Green would have started and been a major factor in one playoff game, much less two.  He came through when given the opportunity.  Stevens deserves a lot of credit for removing a struggling big and seeing that a smaller quicker wing was the answer given the Bulls lineup in the last two games.

Regards



First Evan Turner, now Gerald Green. If Brad and Danny ever get tired of basketball they should open a recycling company together.

GREEN POWER!!!


bob


.
avatar
bobheckler

Posts : 31407
Join date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments From The Other Side - Bulls, Away - Playoff #4

Post by fierce on Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:17 pm

I think Brad Stevens deserves coach of the year this season.
avatar
fierce

Posts : 312
Join date : 2017-04-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments From The Other Side - Bulls, Away - Playoff #4

Post by jrleftfoot on Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:52 pm

atcross wrote:
beat wrote:
jrleftfoot wrote:Rondo " knows everything about" the Celtics is my favorite. Yeah, because Doc Rivers is still coaching gang green.

even if Doc called a play Rondo didn't listen

Same with Brad for the little time Rondo played under him


he may know where the shower is in the locker room and a few places to have a cold one BUT as for the playbook no way

beat

I've never seen it suggested that Rondo didn't know the playbook of anyone he played for. Far from it. I vaguely remember one of his coaches saying he thought Rondo knew his plays better than he did. I would wager that the night he heard Stevens was hired as coach he began studying Butler's plays and knew them before Brad ever stepped foot on the floor of the Garden. Obeying the coach during play was a different matter. And given the results when he's allowed to run the floor, I'm not sure he wasn't the better "coach."

Rondo is a student of the game. NBA playbooks aren`t rocket science and adjustments are made ( by the players) during the course of the game. No doubt, Rondo is one of the best at that. It`s the idea that Rondo had Steven`s " playbook " figured out and that the Bulls would have steamrollered the Celtics if he hadn`t been hurt that I can`t get behind. Sooner or later, they would have taken advantage of the fact that the man can`t shoot to save his life. If anything, I think Rajon played somewhat above his head and the Celtics were, justifiably, reeling from the Thomas trajedy in the first 2 games. How did Rondo suddenly become this transcendant force? Would anybody choose him over IT as their point guard? IMO, the 08 team would have damn near gonna unbeaten with Thomas at the point. Stevens nuetralization of Robin Lopez was at least as important as Rondo`s thumb and the Celtics had a far better record than the Bulls because they are a better team. We shall see by next weekend.
avatar
jrleftfoot

Posts : 348
Join date : 2016-07-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments From The Other Side - Bulls, Away - Playoff #4

Post by jrleftfoot on Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:53 pm

fierce wrote:I think Brad Stevens deserves coach of the year this season.

In the running, at any rate.
avatar
jrleftfoot

Posts : 348
Join date : 2016-07-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments From The Other Side - Bulls, Away - Playoff #4

Post by steve3344 on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:41 am

fierce wrote:I think Brad Stevens deserves coach of the year this season.
He won't get it.  He only won 5 more games this year vs last year (53 vs 48) after adding Al Horford.

Other coaches made more significant leaps.  First year Rockets coach Mike D'Antoni went from 41 wins to 55 and is probably the leading candidate. Scotty Brooks won eight more  with Washington and Quin Snyder of Utah won 11 more (51 vs 40).  

It's not all just based on wins from the previous season but that is a huge consideration.

steve3344

Posts : 3300
Join date : 2009-10-27
Age : 67

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments From The Other Side - Bulls, Away - Playoff #4

Post by cowens/oldschool on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:52 am

bobheckler wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:
fierce wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:The only reason this series is tied 2-2 is because Rondo went down.

I think Brad made the right adjustments in Game 3 and Game 4.
By starting Gerald Green, the Celtics became a different team.

It's part Rondo and part Brad Stevens.

The effects of the change made by Brad can clearly be seen in the of minutes and production of Robin Lopez.
Lopez is getting fewer minutes and scoring and rebounding less since Green is started for the Celts.


with a smaller line up Rondo still would have shredded us, maybe even easier


Cow,

Why?  If our bigs are our weakness, as you often point out, why would replacing a weak big with a strong wing make it easier to shred us?  Rondo doesn't penetrate as well as he used to and, take away Mirotic, which Bulls bigs can shoot from range?  Lopez has hit some mid-range shots but that's not his strength.  Same with Portis, they are both paint guys.  If you keep Rondo out of the paint with good perimeter defense he can't penetrate and kick to a guard and I don't see where Chicago is a great pick-and-pop team unless you're kicking to DWade or Butler.

What we're seeing is Gerald Green doing the shredding.  That's because there's no big that can stay with him on his offensive rotations.  We are finally doing a good job on Lopez and keeping him off the offensive boards (or, maybe, he's just finally returning to Earth) but either way their bigs couldn't beat us the last two games and that was with us playing small.  Take Lopez's offensive rebounding away and they are a pretty 2-dimensional team.  

Would Jimmy Butler have had a bigger game if Rondo had played?  No, but Portis and Zipser might have but that might not be true if we had Green or Jonas going out to the arc with Portis and Zipser to contest their shots and not a big.  Brad gave Jaylen minutes in the first two games and didn't play Jonas.  Now he has reversed it and Brown is sitting and Jerebko is getting his minutes and we're winning.  It's about match ups and I don't think Jaylen can do a good job against Portis or Zipser.


bob


.


bob Gerald Green while he did have a scorching first half is not a good defender IMO and has never been known as a strong defender at the wing position. Rondo had figured us out by game 2 and was exploiting us, he was probing with the ball, he blew by IT enough that all the defenders had to key on him to protect IT, as they hesitated for a second or offered help, Rondo was zipping passes inside or going inside then zipping passes outside for open looks, it was beautiful ball dominated Rondo point guard play and without him, no Bull could fill that void at all, they went from Rondo putting on a clinic to a very stagnant offense.....and having Gerald Green in the starting line up doesn't come near upgrading that defense IMHO.
avatar
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 11238
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments From The Other Side - Bulls, Away - Playoff #4

Post by cowens/oldschool on Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:17 am

jrleftfoot wrote:
atcross wrote:
beat wrote:
jrleftfoot wrote:Rondo " knows everything about" the Celtics is my favorite. Yeah, because Doc Rivers is still coaching gang green.

even if Doc called a play Rondo didn't listen

Same with Brad for the little time Rondo played under him


he may know where the shower is in the locker room and a few places to have a cold one BUT as for the playbook no way

beat

I've never seen it suggested that Rondo didn't know the playbook of anyone he played for. Far from it. I vaguely remember one of his coaches saying he thought Rondo knew his plays better than he did. I would wager that the night he heard Stevens was hired as coach he began studying Butler's plays and knew them before Brad ever stepped foot on the floor of the Garden. Obeying the coach during play was a different matter. And given the results when he's allowed to run the floor, I'm not sure he wasn't the better "coach."

Rondo is a student of the game. NBA playbooks aren`t rocket science and adjustments are made ( by the players) during the course of the game. No doubt, Rondo is one of the best at that. It`s the idea that Rondo had Steven`s " playbook " figured out and that the Bulls would have steamrollered the Celtics if he hadn`t been hurt that I can`t get behind. Sooner or later, they would have taken advantage of the fact that the man can`t shoot to save his life. If anything, I think Rajon played somewhat above his head and the Celtics were, justifiably, reeling from the Thomas trajedy in the first 2 games. How did Rondo suddenly become this transcendant force? Would anybody choose him over IT as their point guard? IMO, the 08 team would have damn near gonna unbeaten with Thomas at the point. Stevens nuetralization of Robin Lopez was at least as important as Rondo`s thumb and the Celtics had a far better record than the Bulls because they are a better team. We shall see by next weekend.


Rondo has an impressive resume pre his injured surgical knee, 4 time all star, 3 time first team all defensive, led league in steals twice and assists 4 or 5 times. Hell he led the league in assists his last year here with no Big 3 and led the league even last year in assists, he needs the ball, but he can deliver the ball!!! Rondo had many many transcendent moments when he was with us, in 10 he completely destroyed Mo Williams to the extent he crushed him, the guy could barely get the ball up the floor with Rondo pressing on him. In that series he was easily our most dominant match up. He used to kill young John Wall, put IT on that team from 08 we have another dynamic scorer, but no question the defense would suffer and not be near the force which was that teams trademark. Rondo has shown enough last year leading league in assists and even in this up and down year that he is still a unique talent and in the right situation can still be a force in this league. Hes obviously stubborn, and I can relate to that as I've been a stubborn fock my whole life too. Lol
avatar
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 11238
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments From The Other Side - Bulls, Away - Playoff #4

Post by jrleftfoot on Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:26 am

Rondo had 2 good games. If they hadn`t been against the Celtics I would have been happy for him. He did some wonderful things as a C, but let`s not forget he played with 3 hall of famers and said himself that Bradley covered for him on defense is last couple years with the team.He didn`t have to shoot the basketball because Ray Allen, PP and KG were taking care of that. Guys like Posey and Eddy House could put the ball in the hole too.I guess I am being stubborn too, but there is no way, imo, he was going to dominate this series throughout. Anyway, we`ll never know
avatar
jrleftfoot

Posts : 348
Join date : 2016-07-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments From The Other Side - Bulls, Away - Playoff #4

Post by beat on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:22 am

injuries happen and we know what can happen when they occur in a playoff series. Sure it sucks but you move on and find a way..............next man up.

Fact we lost Hondo in the east semis in 73 didn't keep us from winning the game after his injury although we did eventually loose that series.

Anything about Rondo going forward from his injury is pure speculation.

Let's not forget most of this teams minds we somewhat focused on something else those 2 games too.

beat

avatar
beat

Posts : 6578
Join date : 2009-10-13
Age : 64

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments From The Other Side - Bulls, Away - Playoff #4

Post by NYCelt on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:50 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:

... and I can relate to that as I've been a stubborn fock my whole life too. Lol

Really?  I don't think any of us have ever noticed that.  Very Happy
avatar
NYCelt

Posts : 6238
Join date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments From The Other Side - Bulls, Away - Playoff #4

Post by cowens/oldschool on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:00 am

jrleftfoot wrote:Rondo had 2 good games. If they hadn`t been against the Celtics I would have been happy for him. He did some wonderful things as a C, but let`s not forget he played with 3 hall of famers and said himself that Bradley covered for him on defense is last couple years with the team.He didn`t have to shoot the basketball because Ray Allen, PP and KG were taking care of that. Guys like Posey and Eddy House could put the ball in the hole too.I guess I am being stubborn too, but there is no way, imo, he was going to dominate this series throughout. Anyway, we`ll never know


all true, whats your point? he also led the league in assists without the Big 3 his last year in Boston and even led the league last year too, agreed his defense is not what it used to be....bottomline IT could not stop him from doing his Rondo thing and he sure made others better in going up 2-0.
avatar
cowens/oldschool

Posts : 11238
Join date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Comments From The Other Side - Bulls, Away - Playoff #4

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum