Comments From The Other Side - vs Pistons, Away

2 posters

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Pistons, Away Empty Comments From The Other Side - vs Pistons, Away

Post by bobheckler Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:04 pm

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2018/02/comments-from-other-side-pistons-22318.html

by FLCeltsFan

Hate Boston. Always hated Boston. Hate that McHale gifted them KG. Hate that the Nets Gave them all those picks. Pretty soon those picks will be done and those good young guys are going to WAnt to get paid and I hope they mess up that transition. And for now, I hope we kick their a$$es tonight!

Boston's top 5 defense against our bottom 5 offense. Should be awesome. Laughing
Note: I don't know if we actually have a bottom 5 offense. But, it sure looked that way heading into the all star break.

FWIW Boston has a lower offensive rating than we do.

That team's best asset isn't on the court, or the coach. It's Mike Zarren, the assistant GM that really sets the table and pulls the strings.

If (when) they fire SVG, or let his contract expire, I would be in full support of giving Zarren a big enough contract to pry him from Boston. He loves the Celtics, so he's refused every job offer from other team's thus far. But, there's a number you can hit to convince him.

Dre used to always do work against Baynes

Marcus Smart will play tonight.

Good b/c the guy is clank artist. Let him shoot and Pistons will prevail

I don't know - many guys seem to have career nights against us.

I don’t think Boston is much more talented than us at all but the coaching difference is enormous.

Shocker SVG goes with the same shit starting lineup. Can’t wait until this ass clown is fired.

Baynesy! May your lobster claws be liberally coated with butter tonight

Boston with all they're slow ass bigs gives us a matchup advantage

Smart already made 2 3's.

Tatum is really good.  

Stanley got a call against Horford???? WOOOO!

Did Ish seriously start again?

Yep, and he has +6 while Kyrie is -6.

And again Detroit meets Warriors-like 3-point shooting.

They are knocking down wide open 3’s. Eventually you can’t really use the argument that every team we play is shooting like the Warriors, the reality is this team stinks at defending the 3-point line.

This team sucks. Our offense looks so stagnant. How does SVG still have a job? Get him out of Detroit please

Dre having trouble with Theis (who?)

Theis was 1 of 4 from 3 during previous 4 games total, now he's 1 of 1 in this game.

Now he's 2 of 2

Theis knows what to do when he gets the ball close.  

This is awful. At least when they lost before we had a light at the end of the tunnel with a lotto pick and future moves. Now we know this is what it is for a long time.

Boston made the 76'er's look silly with that number one trade

Tatum is really good.    

3 for 10 from the field for Blake. His 40% and 29% from three in his time for the Pistons are J-Smoove-esque.

5 years of this. So awful man. WTF was SVG thinking, we already had the big we needed. Blake isnt a stretch 4 and SVG knows it.

Marcus "how Smart can he be if he stepped out of bounds"

Why does Marcus smart turn into a sniper from range when he plays us?

See, this is frustrating.   The C's have Marcus Smart, MM, and three nobodies on the court and it's overpowering the Piston bench with Blake on the court.

Maybe Danny knew what he was doing getting him.

I heard that we traded for a star in Blake Griffin Anyone know when he’s going to show up? Haven’t seen him yet. Invisible man.

Coaching I can’t even imagine the numbers he would be putting up in Boston.  Yeah, their reasoning was "you never get a chance to acquire a player on this level so we took it and we'll figure out how to make it fit".   Blake isn't a good enough player for that logic to work. You'd never know from looking at his contract though....

Blake isn't good either. I don’t see what he does effectively.

We’re not even in the same league as a team without much more talent (but plays together well)

Blake Griffin 3-10, 1 Assist, 3 Turnovers…. Gross. Superstar 4 years ago!

We got outshot out physicaled out played that quarter

Smart only hits threes on us.

Daniel Theis costs $800K this year. It's not a steal for Boston, it's a robbery.

Both Theis and Horford got 3 fouls, looks like a hope here.

The real problem is all the 3 point shooting we give up Boston is 11-21. We are 6-15.

WHY do we insist on iso'ing Griffin on Horford?!  That's a poor matchup.

Pistons tanking.. Oh wait, Stan traded that pick..

Yikes, their bench has outscored ours 34-11 so far

Curling > Basketball

Theis ruining us

Oof, Blake just blocked by the rim on a reverse dunk attempt. It pains me to say it, but I think we got a lemon.

Wow their killing us in the paint

It's just so easy for Kyrie

How do you defend that?  Kyrie hoists baseline with Blake's hand up...sheesh

Irving is a superstar

Theis blatantly pushes in the back and gets away with it.

When did Theis become the second coming of Kevin McHale?  

That's the fullest I've seen the crowd down there.

Friday night and we’re playing a good team.

A lot of Celtics fans in the house tonight.

Disappointing to be down by 9 after cutting it to 4 I don’t usually blame refs, but man, we were fighting them the whole quarter.

Wasn't Detroit in the bonus with like 7+ minutes?

Did the Clippers poison Griffin on his way out? This is so disappointing

This is really bad. Offense looks horrendous. Meanwhile Boston makes the right play everytime.

Ish on Kyrie makes no sense

That drummond flop against monroe was so embarrassing.

Definitely expecting a loss tonight. We get their lead down to 4-6 for a few minutes, lose focus and let up for like 1-2 minutes and it's a double digit lead again.

The offense is embarrassing to start the fourth. Settle three-pointer after settle three-pointer. Meanwhile, Boston attacks the paint and the kickouts result in wide open threes.

Jameer Nelson is so bad. Marcus Smart is blowing by him every time down the court. Is SVG seeing this?

Anyone getting buyers remorse about this whole Blake Griffen trade??

Blake is a fine player But what I really wanted for this team was a new point guard because Reggie is broken all the time. It’s like you want a playstation for Christmas you beg and beg and beg and then Christmas comes and you get a horse. Sure a horse is expensive and it’s fine for some, there’s a 12 year old girl that wishes she could have a horse, but you didn’t want a horse. Blake Griffin is that horse.

I was completely done watching Avery Bradley play for the Pistons. So I’m not remorseful at all. I don’t think I could have handled any more games of him.

I'd rather have T. Harris and A. Bradley back.  They were a better team than they are now.  Blake Griffin doesn't even impress me and he can't make a jump shot.

Griffin had a week off and has worse knees than Stephen Hawking.  

Also did Blake lose his Jumping abilities once he moved to Detroit?? Did someone take his special air Jordan shoes that made him jump out the gym?

Stop shouting at the refs...it's not going to make a difference This league is rigged

I wish the Pistons had Morris instead of Stanley.

Blake makes Josh Smith look like Klay Thompson

LA with the trade of the century getting out of Blakes contract

Who would want to go from the LA sunshine to a dumpster fire in Detroit?

SVG needs to be fired as a head coach. He is dumb as ****. This team could be good, if we play to our strengths but whatever.

Look guys in dark blue how run guys in green - this is ball movement!

I'd move Blake for a low first rounder in the offseason to cut are losses. Not even playing. If he looks this bad today imagine year 3. Hes going to get another injury hes had a injury the past 3 seasons.

He's not on a decline. He was playing very well in LA. This is all about coaching. SVG can't figure ANYTHING out

Theis killing us was laughable.

Celtics announcers are talking about two things
1) I feel sorry for this piston’s team because they can’t shoot
2) planning matchups in the conference playoffs

This might be a good time to say this... I never liked Greg Monroe. I didn't hate him or anything.
But I never understood the love he got here. I just don’t like his game.

I liked him. But I didn't love him like most of the mainstays on here at that time did. It almost seemed at times that they liked him more than the Pistons lol

They played really hard in the first half. When you can’t score and the other team never misses an open shot it takes the fight out of you.

Boston so much spacing making it look easy. With us its like running into darkness

I have not seen any explosiveness from Blake, like, none at all Either he is out of shape or his best days — athletically — are coming to an end

Great timing! What is it, 4 yrs 176 million?

Yeah, unless he plays a lot better he's a box of rocks. Very expensive one’s

Mook outplayed him in 10 less minutes, pretty sad

Marcus Morris is so thankful to be where he's at vs where he was

Trading with the Jerry West and Danny Ainges of the world usually doesn't end well for you. Going after the magic and kings franchises is where the value is at!

We really have to learn how to defend threes. They made 17 of them.

Wow.. Bench points 63-16 Boston

Didn't expect to win this game But the way we lost, it feels like 2 losses.

Daniel Theiss vs Andre.  Who would you rather have on your team??

Brad Stevens

I really dislike andre drummond he is a very lazy player and i can see why he is hard to trade..

Celtic green has rejuvenated Greg Monroe.  

I think Greg Monroe will always get his points and rebounds if he gets his minutes.

It's about time SVG takes his usual liberal political stance to take the focus off his terrible job

I might become a Nets fan.  Their future looks brighter.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Pistons, Away Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - vs Pistons, Away

Post by k_j_88 Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:23 pm

BobH,

I think there is substance to our being a bottom 5 offense. We're 25th in scoring.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down