Comments From The Other Side - vs Hornets, Home

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Hornets, Home Empty Comments From The Other Side - vs Hornets, Home

Post by bobheckler Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:30 pm

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2018/03/comments-from-other-side-hornets-22818.html

by FLCeltsFan

We all are well aware of our record without Cody plus Boston always plays us well and are playing well again right now add in the back to back situation tonight and our best bet to salvage a win on this road trip is probably in Philly and it's not that likely either.

I will be shocked if we win this game.

If you look at the talent level there isn't that big a gap between the teams. Kemba and Irving is pretty close, Dwight and Horford, Brown and Tatum vs Williams and Batum. But then I think about the coaching. That is where I am not sure I believe in this team yet. It is still possible to win in any case, maybe we shoot well and they don't.

Being down MKG and Cody is huge. We're also on the second night of a B2B on the road against a team that is 22-11 at home.

Double digit win for the Hornets tonight. OR a double digit win for the Celtics. Either way, the injuries will be no problem for either team. . You heard it here first!

Aka the schedule-loss game.

See no reason this team can't beat Boston If we can keep getting solid contributions from guys other than Kemba and Dwight we have a shot against anyone. It should have been this way all season.

This game is a heavy lift, for sure. Second night of a back to back, on the road against one of the very best teams in the East, and injury issues raising their ugly head again. I’m going into this one counting it a loss. Would love to be surprised with a win.

I doubt the Hornets win But that’s ok, it’s not like they had to go undefeated for the rest of the year The trick will be picking themselves back up to go into Philly and get what is basically a must win.

I'm calling this one a Hornets win.

I'm more afraid the hornets win tonight but lose to Philly!

Absolutely must win!

Celtics executing too well on offense early on, they were supposed to be slumping there

Lol @ Dwight. We don’t deserve to be in the playoffs if our coach allows those kind of shots.

Boston has been on fire this 1st quarter but we’re playing right there with them. Maybe we’ll have better luck in the 2nd quarter.

Very physical game so far. Haven’t seen this team all year.

Boston is loaded with talent and great shooters. We are overmatched and again only a perfect game by us and Boston collapse is going to get us a win.

Well so much for the bench. Their bench is killing us

Damn Celtics 2nd unit is killing us. Hernangomez is not a defensive guy against strong centers obviously. Lol

I wonder what its like to have a reliable bench

I think there's a bit of difference between Tatum/Brown and Williams/Batum(biggest being age and potential). Charlotte has a better bench, if you stuck the the Hornets bench on Boston they'd be the run away favorites in the east. Lamb is the type of player Boston desperately needs coming off the bench. I will also say I still can't believe NY gave away Hernangomez for two seconds.

Yeah Yeah age and potential I will give you that all day. I am not saying our guys are equal value wise or anything, but in terms of what kind of play we should expect this year it isn't to far off.

We simply cannot stop them on defense

Celtics bench is pretty strong. Malik got in at a relevant time for once. Also, Kemba is the GOAT

So far it’s still manageable, if we can tighten up the d, we have a chance

Yep - and I don't think that’s going to change in the second half.

They are just hitting really tough shots

Kemba and Kyrie really not playing each other that hard either And they are burning each other. Problem is they offset each other but the rest of the team we don’t come close to matching up with them

Celtics shooting 64% and only down 8 at the half. I'll take it

Man if we had Zeller and MKG we would have a great chance to win!

They came out hard This might get ugly

I just want Frank at C and for us to play small ball. If Monroe gonna kill us on offense then we need to at least make him work on defense.

We looked cooked Just watching them score. Especially Dwight. Gonna have to fix this now or just send the starters to bench and wave the white flag

They are shooting like 70%

And now we see the back to back effects kicking in 3rd quarter on the defensive side

This isn't very fun

Maybe we should consider it a loss noww And get the bench some burn so we’ll be fresh for Philly

Wow- what a shot by Kyrie!

They are just a little too good tonight

let's rest the guys

These fools are still shooting 65%. Figures the universe would correct its course tonight

Poor Kemba- he sees Kyrie get the 2 free throws on much less contact than Kemba gets on many no-calls

Any Hornets fans that want to see four games like this in the playoffs are out of their minds!

Unfortunately, our coach is boneheaded and is probably going to play the starters late into the 4th even though the game is far out of reach. That's the worst part about these blowouts. I'd much rather see the young guys get some burn.

We should have actually took advantage of Kemba being so hot in the first half Wouldn’t have made a big difference but he has only had 13 shots tonight. We don’t exploit those streaks enough. Kyrie has taken 18 shots. He doesn’t hesitate.

Why is Cliff calling a timeout? Let this misery end already

Boston still making all kindsof shots It’s one of those days

Yeah but overall they just have better more athletic guys than we do top to bottom.

I’m not really mad at this one. Boston is a very good team and they were on fire. I can’t even do any Clifford bashing on this one.

bacon is alot smoother

Yeah he looks crisp tonight

Well that win streak was fun while it lasted but now its back to reality and reality is we are not a very good team.

Stevens owns Clifford. Coach circles and strategize laps around his predictability and lack of flexibility.

Cliff really not going to put Willy back in even though everybody is getting killed by Monroe? That crap makes me mad man. No reason at all to be playing Frank right now.

This team is 5 players and a coach away from being a threat in the NBA

Ainge did great He got Kyrie for pick 8 and damaged goods.

Watched the last 5mins with great interest and that damn Stephens is not good coach, he is a great coach. Last half of the 4th had nothing to do with talent

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down