Comments From The Other Side - vs Bucks, Game 5 Playoffs

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Bucks, Game 5 Playoffs Empty Comments From The Other Side - vs Bucks, Game 5 Playoffs

Post by bobheckler Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:20 pm

http://celticsgreen.blogspot.com/2018/04/comments-from-other-side-bucks-game-5.html

by FLCeltsFan

If Marcus Smart comes back for game 5 that will surely Boost their MOrale.

Smart may be an X Factor He will certainly flop his way into about 5 turnovers for the Bucks. And the refs will probably reward him because it’s a home crowd.

Smaht and Delly are going to fight 100% confirmed. It’s going to be awesome. Smaht is a good player but he flops.

I really hope we blow the Celts out by 20+ tonight so the phrase "I expect a close game" will go away.

I feel like saying that Al Horford has been steadily kicking our ass since forever… since the days when the Hawks took out the BJ3 Bucks in the playoffs. He just always seems to be a huge issue for us. Anywho, I hope we like… box out or something. Go Bucks.

Whether we win or lose, we can all agree that game 6 will be soul crushing.

Why does everyone think the Boston crowd will be hostile? Havent you seen rocky 4? Everybody can change tbh Like the crowd sees how hard delly is working and getting banged up with screens and then they switch their support mid game  (MY NOTE:  I guess Magic Mushrooms have made their way to Wisconsin...)

Saw on the starters the league admits hey missed the call on Middleton which lead to brogdon’s corner 3. All I keep thinking about is WTF? How many blown calls were made in the Celtics favor that is overlooked but because It’s Boston they have to make a narrative that we need to root for them

Dey love a guud skandall in bawwwstun

Hopefully Thon can get up for a game without needing the crowd to get him ready to play. He mentioned that a few times now. Sad that that's what it takes to get him to play the way he has been.

We got the 2 best players in this series. If we lose I'm going to be super annoyed

I'm a little scared of what Brad Stevens will have ready for us in this one.

Only the refs can stop us if we keep the focus and intensity up.

I think we lose this game, win game 6, and then lose game 7. We are still a young team that doesn't know how to do it. We are gonna be tight in games where we have the opportunity to go ahead. It is only natural. Maybe we get a new coach next year who puts us over the top, but this year feels like the 2000 Milwaukee Bucks who had it clicking but in the end lost to a team that had proven it all season. Only difference is that the Celtics don't really have experience either.

Still waiting to see how Stevens deals with delly and how he counters us switching kris on rozier or larkin

The Bucks have done a great job taking advantage of mis-matches when Larkin switches onto Middleton or Parker. Those advantages likely go away when Marcus Smart gets back in the lineup.

I have decided to emotionally invest myself in this. Hold my pills.

Just don't see this team winning 3 in a row against an extremely well coached team. An off night for Mids is coming and I think this is it.

Honestly I'm a bit underwhelmed by Stevens

Yeah. Team with the two best players won one home game big and barely won the second. Gosh, the other coach sucks.

Disagree about Stevens. In-person on Sunday, there was a discernible difference in coaching and preparation, moreso than I could deduce on TV.

I mean, he is missing his two best players, that's kind of a big hurdle to over come.

Hoping brown and Tatum aren’t lights out like they were in the second half of game 4

We win if the refs call it close to even. Boston babies have been trying to work the refs like crazy despite getting a wide FT disparity already.

Jaylen Brown wearing a bandaid and complaining about the Khris Middleton steal is beyond petty. I’ve lost respect for him as a player. It’s Boston though, so surprised he didn’t have a neck brace Ala Paul Pierce.

They do have a proud tradition.
Comments From The Other Side - vs Bucks, Game 5 Playoffs Capt20a16774150f4309a7cba6c0a02516e

If Marcus Smart plays tonight, the flops and feigned injuries will probably intensify. It's up to Prunty to work the officials ahead of time on the play-acting they're about to see.

Smart is back. Not sure who he will be matched up on, but he’ll definitely help their defense.

Saw a bunch of comments along the lines of "Stevens must have made some adjustments" when Boston made their big run at the end of the 3rd. Uhhh, no. Boston was just hitting ridiculous shots. Brown, Morris, and Tatum basically just went full on swag mode and were nailing off-the-dribble 3's like nobody's business. For as much of a coaching discrepancy that there is, it really hasn't shown this series.

If the Celtics are worried about Thon blocking their shots in the paint, they might just take their chances and go balls out at the three point line like they did in the second half of the game. That got them back in the game... We suck at guarding the three and rebounding. We give up too many second and third chance opportunities.

I really want to see a stunned, silent and dejected Boston crowd.

I said it before the series started, Coaching is overrated in the playoffs.

Coaching is overrated in the playoffs. That's not the same as saying it "doesn't matter"

I do think we will see the Celtics play through Horford away from the hoop to neutralize Thon a bit.

That also weakens their offensive rebounding, which is how they have been keeping up with the Bucks hot shooting.

I feel like Horford could be in a gym all by himself and still only score 26 points at most. He'd also whine about being fouled.

Bucks need to be aware the calls tonight will be unbalanced and they have to be prepared for it

I could see some cheap shots on Giannis or Kris... Trying to get them a one game suspension. Giannis can be a hot head.

Fully expecting Giannis to get raked across the arm multiple times with no call despite the fact the contact will draw blood. Especially with flopper Smart back.

Kenny Mauer...in Boston...damn

I do fully expect the kind of reffing that turns my remote into a projectile.

We have the two best players in the series and are at full strength vs a depleted Celtics team. Its tied 2-2 but coaching has little to do with it Laughing

It is kind of cringeworthy hearing about Thon getting motivational phone calls from Kevin Garnett when Thon and the Bucks are trying to beat the Celtics.   If I were a Celtics fan, that wouldn't feel the best.

It's remarkable how much I despise Marcus Smart as a basketball player. He's the absolute worst in every way.

Aron Baynes top 3 in O board % Comments From The Other Side - vs Bucks, Game 5 Playoffs Icon_ead2.gif.pagespeed.ce.Vpq8lTuFog

Delly and Smart will definitely be having words at some point. Or more likely, Delly will be laughing in Smart’s face.

Smart's flopping and these referees are a match made in heaven.

I don't think that's Delly's style. He's more of the looking incredulous as Smart storms to the locker room after he tries to throw Delly into the third row because Delly's been rubbing his chest on him all night kind of guy.

I think Boston plays with alot more energy returning home, I'm not sure the Bucks are mature enough yet to handle the pressure of a game 5. I'm not sure the Celtics are either but they've got homecourt and after 2 games to prepare I expect Stevens to have his guys ready to exploit switching mismatches. My heart says bucks, but my heart is stupid.

Stevens looking to switch everything with the line up change

Got a feeling the refs aren't going to be on our side lolll

It seemed an obvious call, but I'm genuinely surprised they called that offensive foul on Horford.

GREAT charge by Zeller! Would love to get Hortford into early foul trouble.

Tatum puts his arms up like Giannis didn't get his arm RAKED.

Not sure how these are fouls, oh jerseys say Boston

Being stuck with the Celts announcers on LP is the worst.

Brown still hitting every contested shot.

Already looks like the Boston celebs threw the refs a bunch of money

i find the "beat the freak" chant a little offensive.

I don’t wanna get too suckered into the bias refereeing debate But now they’re tripping our players off the ball after buckets? Smh

Not seeing a team that showed up to win Bad shots, unaware on defense. Once Boston figures out how to shoot, they’ll toast us. Better change things up fast.

Jabari got away with a travel.

27% shooting and we aren't even down by 10. Bad quarter, we will be fine.

I feel bad for Boston fans It must be demoralizing being so consistently screwed over by the refs

Oh no Marcus Smart

Not sure we need Thon riling up the crowd But he’s so uncoordinated I don’t think he can stop accidentally shoving or hitting people.

Bledsoe can't stay in front of Shane Larkin How pathetic

Our role players are garbage

If Bledsoe got suspended the rest of the series, the Celtics would appeal it.

Zeller the Trojan Horse

Officials still super biased toward the Celtics. Earlier they just dribbled the ball out of bounds and called it out on us.

Conspiracy time - u know they want that Kyrie-Lebron matchup

Flat Earth level considering Kyrie is out for the playoffs. Maybe they want the Smart-LeBron matchup. They are closer to equals.

Smart will be a negative

If smart was a Buck, I really don't think I'd like him.

Their crowd is ridiculous

They’re playing like crap and we’re losing. Not good

Celts missing shots they were making on us last two visits here.Good.

now i have to look at smart's face for the rest of the series

Playing like garbage, down 2. I'll take it.

Considering they started 4 guys on a rookie contract I won't take it

Damn mucus smart

Marques and Gus taking about Smart as if he's Kobe Jordan

Smart did more in his minutes than all of our guards combined.. Well invested money

They should put a cage around Smart and Delly

Might as well just start the coaching search at half time

X factor Smart

I see the refs came to play

I’m not really seeing the reffing disparity some of you are here. Seems pretty even to me so far.

The addition of Smart is going to pay dividends on the defensive side for Boston.

Bucks in Seven! *clap* *clap* *clap-clap-clap* Bucks in Seven!

They are certainly getting some soft calls.

Are we sure Brad Stevens is a genius?

He's coaching the 2 seed with this roster, you decide

If this exact team played 82 games they wouldn't be the 2 seed.

I mean you can choose any of the 30 win rosters he has coached up to 50 wins

Did thon just throw a punch Thon deserved a tech there. That was dumb.

I forgot how much Smart flops.

Smart public enemy number one.

People hate on Smart's flopping but it is so valuable to his team. He deserves credit for his flopping ability.

My opinion on flopping has always been don't hate the player for doing it, hate the officials for falling for it. When the officials stop falling for flops the players will stop doing it.

Thon is gonna hurt someone someday

Thon is a sham again.

Why is Morris always so **** wound up? The littlest of things sets him off. I **** hate that guy.

Such a baseball bat hittable face.

I’ve heard steroids has that effect Comments From The Other Side - vs Bucks, Game 5 Playoffs Icon_ows.gif.pagespeed.ce.5xOqKkq0Co

Smart is the type of player you definitely want on your team.

Great steal by Smart earlier. He almost broke Khris' hand in the process...Refs doing work.

Baynes keeps ball alive vs 3 buck rebounders every time.

Boston is not that good. I don't care if they do end up beating the Bucks. Philly might sweep them, for real.

Some calls going our way now...not really helping.

Bledsoe is going to get a neck injury if he keeps watching those threes being launched over his head.  Comments From The Other Side - vs Bucks, Game 5 Playoffs Emoji35

Lol Horford slams his elbow into Giannis chest like 4 times in a row and foul on Giannis, **** off

I think the bucks are gonna win Smile

I know horford is good. That being said he is an ugly ugly "good". No skill in brute forcing a hook.

Rozier is Jennings without the passing ability.

Semi is **** terrible at trying to take charges. Never going to give it to you when you're falling backward to make contact.

Celts D has been legit.

Can't let rusty a** broke a** smart blow by you!!!!!!!!!

Loving Giannis’ 6 shot attempts. WTF guys

It seems he doesn't like to face up on Ojeleye, so he's been passing out a lot. They've run PnR for him, and the Celtics just sink everyone into the paint when he dives.

Thon is done. They’ve figured him out

Obviously, the weed in Milwaukee is better than the swag in Boston.

Throw them both out

Looked like that was all Bledsoe.

For once, I do agree with Boston fans Bledsoe does suck

Somebody knock out Morris and Smart. Bledsoe perhaps?

I'll buy a Rozier jersey if he gets Bledsoe ejected.

Celtics fans booing the bledsoe shove trying to get him thrown out are idiots

Boston fans are right. Bledsoe does suck tonight. The only problem is that they don't realize they suck too.

The league is trying to screw the Bucks if Bledsoe doesn't get ejected...lol.

Its so funny how he plays too lazy 95% of the time but then Rozier pushes him and he has all this energy Comments From The Other Side - vs Bucks, Game 5 Playoffs Icon_lol.gif.pagespeed.ce.zVkcSKjl0D So not a player to go to battle with..

I hate horford and his attempts to jinx FT shooters.

BOS"tough shot" FG pct is through the roof!!!! Off the bounce 3s, fadeaways, contested shots galore. Bet it's better than wide open FG %.

I can live with Rozier thinking he's Iverson.

Rozier is so bad, but Bledsoe making him look like an all-star this series

Maybe Stevens IS a genius.

Boston is showing why they ranked so highly defensively this year. Every possession is a mess for the Bucks.

After struggling in the first half of game 3 and 4, the Celtics came out and played well after making adjustments. That’s the coaches influence. Not seeing that from the Bucks.

Bledsoe must be taking some serious cash from the Irish mob this series

None of these two teams look like a playoff team Imo....

One is playing great defense though

At this point I don’t care too much which one of those two teams gets their ass whooped by Philly….

How can we keep leaving Jaylen Brown open?

The Bucks are the male version of Days of our Lives.

2nd TO from Stevens. He saves them for the 4th Q

Bledsoe is a baddy mcnobrains.

Gtfo bledsoe you useless steroid hamster

Both of these teams are gross.

Brown. Does. Not. Miss.

Shabazz Muhammad is KILLING them.

How in the hell does Smart get that **** call?

I'm telling you, we win this...

Closet Boston fan?

No, just intoxicated and prefer optimism at this point.

Or delusion since I'm a Bucks fan...

Refs have been awful, but not the reason we are behind...

We gotta make a run with larkin in the game

Stevens values possessions. He calls some smart time outs.

Just end this f***ing season already. It's futile... Throw all the garbage out.

Its not like Saltiks are good, we just keep missing every open shot..

Look at that NBA offense that Boston runs. I don't even know what that's like as a Bucks fan

Smart is killing us with his man and help d, hustle plays, and facilitation. Helped turn things around for him both stints.

I wonder if 42 year old Ray Allen would have helped us more than Snell has.

Ray Allen's mom would help us more

72 year old Ray Allen would be better than Snell

Smart's numbers don't look good, but he's had a major impact on this game.

We are winning this guys...

Listening to Tommy Heinsohn drives me mad. Halp me

Keep letting Smart shoot and we can do this yet.

Can we get out of Snell's contract if we start a rumor that he lights puppies on fire?

Team doctor could diagnose him with vampirism, cuz he sucks.

Hanging in there this much increases the Boston nervousness

Larkin was pushing giannis with all his little pipsqueak might. No call.

I don't like Boston.

Being just 4 points behind in the 4th while having our worst game in the series and being totally outcoached shows that this was a clear sweep with any other coaching staff other than ours.

Why is everyone giving smart’s shot so much respect?

Smart is such a clown!! The media loves him impacting this game!

Mah-kus-smaht Why the **** am I listening to the Boston stream damn it

Why are we playing TIGHT on SMART!?! Do we know he shoots like 29%?

How is that not a foul on Larkin? He was clearly, Clearly shoving Giannis

Yes but he is short

Right now, Bucks have made 2 more FGs than C's but taken 12 more shots

22-15 free throw attempts (in favor of Boston of course)

Way this crowd is cheering, thought it was the last minute of the game

Boston announcers I’ve listened to at least 20 of the different local feeds the past couple years and by far, bar none, they whine the most. The color commentator, if you can call him that, does nothing else…Makes me appreciate how professional ours are.

He just sarcastically said 'yaaay' when they got a foul call It’s like listening to an 8 year old

We 100% deserve to lose this game Giannis fills up the box score but is essentially invisible, Bledsoe might as well have a Celtics jersey on, and the role players generally sucked

I seriously can't stand Horfords fat kid protecting the ball routine. **** I hate him.

It is kind of funny how the refs let him constantly use his off arm to create space.

We are winning...

Gonna die like custer on that hill tonight arent ya.

If we can't beat Boston now we certainly won't beat them with Irving and Hayward

Exactly. It’s sad we can’t beat them without their two best players.

Seen better offense at the playground than the Celtics right now.

I’m glad we lose this game. Muhammad has no business being out there

I hate every single Celtic. Brown has a stupid flattop and fat face.

Horford didn't get that shot off.

That was shot clock violation what are the refs doing

Seriously refs????? That wasn’t even close

Maybe we'll get a makeup call

Inexcusable refs wasn’t even close. Just cost us our chance

Okay NBA, you spend all this time reviewing nonsense but when a clear violation occurs you don't do anything.

Those refs just cost us 20 seconds.

We don't deserve to win tonight, but certainly doesn't help when you play 8 on 5

Did we just avoid fouling Smart and then wait like 5 seconds, then foul Horford? Horford has gotta be the better shooter, or at least close enough to where you just foul quick, right?

Boston needs to update their arena music

Look we don’t deserve to win but we clawed back. Game should never be decided by the refs. That no call on the shot clock violation is 100% unacceptable. It wasn’t even a close call. It was easy. That’s a classic we don’t want the bucks to win no call.

NBA does not benefit from the succes of "small market" teams.   (MY NOTE:  I disagree, just the opposite.  They can't sell new franchises to big markets because there aren't any left)

Who the hell this fat bald Dominican thinks he is

Shut up Brad Stevens you math teacher looking nerd.

Duck Boston and wish all bad things to happen to them, hope Hayward and Kylie never play again.

I feel home teams get the favorable calls in general as a business decision It makes sense for the NBA and other leagues, keep the fans happy when they win at home. Keep them coming back, buying tickets and whatnot.

The Bucks didn’t really get favorable calls that I remember when we were home

Let's get them back home and take it to these punks I am so tired of fighting against the refs all series. Our role players will show up at home. I want to come back here in game 7 and rip their hearts out. As much as we don’t deserve to win this one, Boston wasn’t great either. Actual fair reffing and we could be icing this ourselves.

You could say that we Should be 4-1 in the series we’ve basically won the series already

That's a bit of a stretch We got lucky last game. I wonder what it’s like to root for a team that can make threes? Will we ever find out?

Well hopefully we can win game 6

Why for painful game 7 loss? Ehhh, let's get it over with.

Considering how we played, I'm sure we would've lost regardless of the shot clock error

It’s just that it was such an easy call I can’t believe that a professional referee actually missed it (let alone 3).The only way you miss it is if you are paying no attention to the game you are refereeing.

I don't wanna hear the commentators keep saying the Bucks are young Bledsoe is a vet, Khris is a vet. The Celtics give tons of minutes to Ojeleye, Tatum starts, Brown starts, and Rozier is really young.

We'd feel young if we had competent organizational structure Give me Danny Ainge and Brad Stevens and I’d feel young too.

With the Celtics’ injuries, the Bucks should be dominating. Where is the coaching?

SIlver lining We shot way worse this game than all the four before.
Anti-silver lining That might be BC of Smart’s return and Stevens’s adjustments.

That shot clock bullshit has me livid. I feel like I’m going to throw up. That particular instance was Lakers Kings level officiating. Tell me how I can show up 5 minutes late to my job and get fired and these piss poor excuses for referees don’t so much as get a slap on the wrist for egregiously blowing calls in playoff games. It’s pitiful. Ken Mauer couldn’t keep a job anywhere based on his performance on an NBA court.

I’m not going to pull a Boston fan and blame the loss on the officiating. We had free throws we could have made but didn’t. We had defensive stops leading to open shots we couldn’t make. The Bucks beat themselves tonight. But when something as blatant as a shot clock violation, where a buzzer sounds and the basket lights up, gets missed by over a second, it makes the NBA look like pro wrestling. It’s hard for me to take seriously if they can’t get that much right.

They wouldn't even review it. Now that's a postgame 2 minute review mistake admitted tomorrow. These bums tried to stop game 4 from ending & they won't review a shot clock violation under 2?

Wow what a great bball player you are Marcus, great technique of grabbing the ball on the floor. I hope these fans still cheer for you when you ask a 10 million contract in the offseason and end up in Orlando

I actually think that was a pretty great play by Smart.

We would have been blown out By any decent offensive NBA team tonight.

Technically We would have won had we made all the free throws

This game now has an asterisk next to it.

Pathetic. **** Boston forever. Most racist ass city in America.

The Boston Screw Job 2018

NBA will never let this team win. Not unless we play a similar sized market or a team without a star.

Man, this loss is on Giannis.

I never want to hear Celtics fans whine about the refs.

My recommendation is to win game 6 and then force a game 7, delly has never lost a game 7

I don't usually blame the refs for losses, but we will never know how this game truly should have ended. That call was unforgivable

That blown call wasn't the definitive reason the Bucks lost but it was the proverbial nail that sealed the coffin shut.

I'm so **** disgusted. That missed shot clock violation cost us 24 seconds with around only 90 seconds left in the game. No call on the Shabazz drive, no jump ball calls on tie-ups etc... We got hosed by the officials.

I don't think it was a tie up on Smart, but he traveled getting that pass to Horford. Same thing Larkin did in G4

I wish the game was played like it was in the 40s-50s. Also, I HATE Boston!

Both these teams kinda suck.

They have an excuse though with their two stars injured...we don't

Rest Giannis for game 6.

Horford hadn't even started to extend his arm when the clock hit 0. Never getting over this bull ****.

That shot clock violation needs to be handled by the league. Non of those guys should ref another playoff game

You will take your two minute report “gosh, we got that REALLY wrong. Sorry!” and you will like it

Those refs have to fear for their safety after crooked calls like that, probably fear Boston fans more than Milwaukee fans. Lucky it's not soccer in South America.

Can someone explain to me how that shotckock violation wasn’t even reviewed?! I mean why the f@&! Even have replay if you’re not going to even call that!?!

Guys let’s be honest for a minute. Whoever wins this series is going to get wrecked by the 76ers. The Bucks are a new coach and at least 2 starters away from contending...

We can win in Boston hopefully we get the chance.

We got totally out coached. The C's totally shut down our breaks.

Oh look, Telly's interviewing Jaylen Brown. Awesome FSN-WI.

Absolutely nobody showed up (including the refs) and we still were in it down the stretch. Bucks in 7.

Comments From The Other Side - vs Bucks, Game 5 Playoffs Dbl5Y1MWAAA91D7

Ryan Wood
✔️
@ByRyanWood
NBA referees: “Whoops.”

6:37 PM - Apr 24, 2018
130 people are talking about this

This loss is on you Giannis, for believing in your teammates

Nah, he's only passing cause Ojeleye is in his head.

We gonna talk about Delly barely able to get the ball pass half-court tonight? The Celtics pressing him full court completely destroyed him.

Why is it that when Delly presses Rozier they let Horford bring it up but when Rozier presses Delly and we have the best ball handling big in the history of the game, Delly's just got to dig in and do it?

Boston has big bodies and is the best defensive team in the league. Better than jazz...

I hate Prunty but that game was winnable without the refs screwing them. I usually hate complaining about refs, but Boston does some egregious stuff that passes for gritty but really need to be called as fouls.

Maybe Giannis will learn to flop after watching Boston perfecting it for 7 straight games.

Why did some of u guys watch the Boston feed? You won't get those brain cells back

League pass kept dropping off and then defaulting to home feed. Had to listen to Bart Simpson's granpa. Need a drink.

We can win this series, we should have won tonight The fact we were in it until the end with how bad we played, if we even showed up tonight we win.   One game at a time, we're more talented

Imagine if Irwing and Hayward were playing and Giannis and Khris were not, we are miles away, if you want to prove something you go 4-0 and wait for Philly.

If Irving and Hayward were healthy then we're probably playing Toronto instead but hypothetically I don't think additional players always make the team better. Does Hayward bring much more than Brown/Tatum? I doubt it. Irving is an amazingly talented guy but he's a dominant guy that takes a ton of shots that you can gameplan around too. Stevens being shorthanded probably coaches better than he would a fully healthy team, props to him. Iso ball is really easy to defend against.

The problem we had tonight is that the other team now has a younger and slightly better Delly in Marcus Smart.

Gd Celtics fans still *****ing about the refs, must be the biggest homers in sports

The shot clock or Smart’s “defense” at the rim. What a ******* joke. Bucks missed plenty of shots, but the refs only made it worse.

The shot clock screw discussion is all we've got to hang onto tonight so I'm fine with it continuing. The rest (losing to a depleted Celtics team that can't score) is too depressing.

This depleted Celtics team that has us on the ropes will be adding Irving and Hayward. Depressing

Heh, that's not the half of it.
Celtics also have:
Their own 2018 first
Their own 2019 first
The Kings 2019 first only protected to #1 overall
The Clippers 2019 first (top 14 protected)
The Grizzlies 2019 first (top 8 protected)

They'll likely have three to four #1 picks in the 2019 draft.

The guys kicking our ass are younger than Giannis too.

And Brown/Tatum will only get better. Irving though has had multiple knee surgeries and is one year from free agency where he'll want a huge contract.

And in all seriousness Ainge can probably pick his veteran player this summer in trade with those assets.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down