dboss
KyleCleric
bobheckler
20 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Trade Rumors - Page 5 Empty Re: Trade Rumors

Post by 112288 Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:42 am

One thing for sure Jason Tatem will never be included in a trade, period!

If so Danny is nuts!

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:33 am

Sam Vecenie: Think a pretty wild thing within this podcast is Windhorst said that DAL talked to Orlando about DSJ for Mo Bamba. “Bamba is available on the market,” Windhorst said. – via Twitter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If he is I hope Danny is dangling Rozier and maybe our own draft pick for Bamba.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:09 pm

Rumors du jour:

Rodney Hood might be traded by Cleveland. Allegedly, they have multiple offers for him. Is it possible one of them is Danny? There was a story earlier this week that he was asking around the league about the availability of young talent around the league that Nwalins is interested in. Could one of them be Hood? One rumor is that GSW is eyeing Hood too, especially if he is bought out, so they might be one. Cleveland's asking price is not be met by any of the solicitors.

Thon Maker is still the subject of trade talks in Milwaukee, which is allegedly talking to several teams.

4 more days to go.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:20 pm

Hood would be a good addition. Not sure of his price tag or contract status.

Maker will never be a superstar, but could help where help is badly needed. Don't see him as a long-term solution, but right now would be good.

Who knows if Boston is even looking, but either would help.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:25 am

The Grizzlies are in talks to send Marc Gasol to the Hornets for Bismack Biyombo, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, and a protected first-round pick, according to league sources. The holdup at this point is the protection on the pick, per a source; it might be enough of an issue to derail the trade entirely. – via The Ringer

It would be a disappointing return for Memphis, but interest has been minimal. The Kings and Pistons inquired about Gasol, as reported last month on The Ringer, but there’s no traction on a deal. The Pistons offered a package involving Andre Drummond, who is is owed $55.8 million over the next two seasons, but Memphis didn’t have interest, according to league sources. Memphis wanted Bogdan Bogdanovic from the Kings for Gasol, league sources say, but he isn’t being made available for an aging, expensive center whose individual style doesn’t mesh with the team’s as a whole. – via The Ringer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drummond is in play?

hmmm.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:36 am

League sources don’t expect the Celtics to move point guard Terry Rozier, who will be a restricted free agent this offseason. 32 mins ago – via The Ringer

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:18 pm

bobheckler wrote:League sources don’t expect the Celtics to move point guard Terry Rozier, who will be a restricted free agent this offseason. 32 mins ago – via The Ringer

bob

Terry is an insurance policy in the event of Irving not resigning.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:44 pm

kdp59 wrote:Sam Vecenie: Think a pretty wild thing within this podcast is Windhorst said that DAL talked to Orlando about DSJ for Mo Bamba. “Bamba is available on the market,” Windhorst said. – via Twitter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If he is I hope Danny is dangling Rozier and maybe our own draft pick for Bamba.

I think Bamba has a stress fracture on one of his legs.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:30 pm

Earlier today; Bucks reserve center Thon Maker goes to the Detroit Pistons for forward Stanley Johnson.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:52 pm

Now Pelicans want assurances from Danny Ainge about who will be on the list for a trade with them. From what the reporter said, Pelicans have a good laundry list of players, etc that they want.

I am beginning to think this shakedown from NO is getting ridiculous. I know many of you here think anybody should be on the list, but I am beginning to have my doubts.

I will get a talking to from BobH, he thinks Davis is worth the sun, the moon and the stars. I am not ready to let go
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:59 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Now Pelicans want assurances from Danny Ainge about who will be on the list for a trade with them. From what the reporter said, Pelicans have a good laundry list of players, etc that they want.

I am beginning to think this shakedown from NO is getting ridiculous. I know many of you here think anybody should be on the list, but I am beginning to have my doubts.

I will get a talking to from BobH, he thinks Davis is worth the sun, the moon and the stars. I am not ready to let go

Perhaps Ainge is playing poker again. Perhaps forcing some other team to gut their roster.

Does he really want/need Davis?

NO is the team that is in the corner imho not us. They stand to lose him for nothing if they don’t make a deal.

I think the longer this goes on ....

The price drops.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:15 pm

Rosalie

I am committed to being uncommitted. I can come up with a dozen reasons not to make the trade for AD. I can also see where having him and Kyrie together along with a healthy Hayward, another year with AH and either Brown or Tatum would be a very good team. Danny would have to rebuild some depth but the team would be a contender.

The solution is to win this year and the need to make a trade may fade away. That is the ultimate goal, to win. If you cannot win with this group you need to address why. If it requires upgrading the front line you can probably get that done without trading the young core. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. There I just made an argument to bypass an AD trade.

But if this team cannot make it out of the East what then? What will Kyrie think? Would he resign if he thought the team was not good enough to win? That forces Danny to make a big time trade and not just an upgrade. The AD trade would be front and center. There I have made an argument to do the AD trade.

LAL Up Next
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:27 pm

My thinking is this...could this ambivalence by Kyrie be because he does NOT want to lose his little brother, who is growing weekly, getting stronger and smarter. He is just a baby, so much to learn, yet look at how smart he has become is a little over a year. I see what you are saying, and have tried to see AD on this team. I went through this with Garnett. The only thing is, Garnett was in the twilight of his years, AD is only 25. With all the rhetoric coming from AD, his mother, his father, et al, and his history of injury, I am a bit reluctant to go all in.

Beat....that is an interesting theory you have, the onl thing is, Philly is getting stronger, they are not standing still. I see them signing another shooter for their bench. This worries me. Interesting. Theory though
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:33 pm

Gary Washburn: A potential buyout target for the #Celtics could be former #Heat G Wayne Ellington, who was just traded to the Suns and is expected to be bought out. Ellington will have several suitors, however. – via Twitter GwashburnGlobe

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:05 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Now Pelicans want assurances from Danny Ainge about who will be on the list for a trade with them. From what the reporter said, Pelicans have a good laundry list of players, etc that they want.

Rosalie,

I cannot think of anybody with the backbone to give you "a talking to", but it sure as Hell isn't me.

With all due respect to Joel Embiid, I think AD is THE best big in the league.  He does just about everything at an elite level, except perhaps passing (I think Embiid is better there), and he is far more consistent than Embiid.  I think he's worth the sun and the moon but since we really only have 1 star, Kyrie, I would not include him unless it was straight up and perhaps some draft pick to make up for the extra year of contract AD has that Kyrie doesn't.  But that's assuming he is willing to re-sign with us, which is at best unresolved, so I wouldn't make that trade even if Danny would.

I am quite uncomfortable with AD's people (i.e. Klutch Sports and his father) spreading the word that he doesn't consider Boston a destination.  I would be very happy if Danny does not trade for AD, given what we'd have to give up to get him, EXCEPT that we might need AD to re-sign Kyrie.  If so, then trading for AD becomes more of an imperative than just another roll of Danny's dice.  If we lose Kyrie then we have problems because we will be without that guy we need that will get us buckets no matter what against no matter whom all the way through the playoffs and, in this league, you need more than one.  GSW has 3.  Cleveland had 3 (don't forget about a healthy Kevin Love).  Miami had 3.  The Celtics in 2008 had 3.  The Spurs had 3 (Duncan, Manu and Tony Parker in their primes). Remember 2 playoffs ago, with IT?  Even when he was healthy one such player wasn't enough because you can overplay them and double-team them and get the ball out of their hands.  With KYrie we have only 1.  With Kyrie and AD we still will only have 2.  Without either, because they both bolt, we will be stuck in mediocrity for years because I believe Jayson Tatum is still at least 2 years away from being that dominating force.  Therefore, as my reasoning goes, we have to absolutely, positively lock at least one such player in and Kyrie's recent rumblings also make me quite uncomfortable.

One more day of this and my stress levels will return to medically acceptable levels.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:09 pm

Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
3h3 hours ago
More
Miami is acquiring Phoenix's Ryan Anderson in the deal for Tyler Johnson, league sources tell ESPN.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:18 pm

beat wrote:

Perhaps Ainge is playing poker again.  Perhaps forcing some other team to gut their roster.

Does he really want/need Davis?

NO is the team that is in the corner imho not us. They stand to lose him for nothing if they don’t make a deal.

I think the longer this goes on ....

The price drops.

beat

Beat,  Danny is definitely playing poker but that does not mean he does not want AD.  I think he wants him badly.  Getting Kyrie was a surprise but Davis has been on Danny's radar for a few years. Does he need him? We have to wait and see how our guys do in the playoffs. Win and all bets are off, lose and all bets are on.

NOLA has until February, 2020 to deal Davis although we know they will get a deal done before next season.  

I do think that the price to get Davis may be lower come July due to increased urgency of getting a deal done.  However more teams may be in the mix which theoretically drives up the price.  

The package offered by LA was a fair package.  NOLA could keep what they wanted and trade what they didn't.

I think the two things that will stop a deal now are:

1) Boston and their surplus of first rounders and young talented players  and

2) NOLA is not happy with the timing and the misinformation ploy of the Lakers organization, Lebron and his surrogate, Rich Paul.  There is no urgency to do this deal by tomorrow.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:19 pm

bobheckler wrote:Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
3h3 hours ago
More
Miami is acquiring Phoenix's Ryan Anderson in the deal for Tyler Johnson, league sources tell ESPN.

bob

salary dump trade for both team which equal 0
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:26 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:My thinking is this...could this ambivalence by Kyrie be because he does NOT want to lose his little brother, who is growing weekly, getting stronger and smarter. He is just a baby, so much to learn, yet look at how smart he has become is a little over a year.  I see what you are saying, and have tried to see AD on this team. I went through this with Garnett. The only thing is, Garnett was in the twilight of his years, AD is only 25. With all the rhetoric coming from AD, his mother, his father, et al, and his history of injury, I am a bit reluctant to go all in.

Beat....that is an interesting theory you have, the onl thing is, Philly is getting stronger, they are not standing still.  I see them signing another shooter for their bench.  This worries me.  Interesting. Theory though

Who pray tell is Kyrie’s “Baby Brother”?
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:29 pm

For sure, salary dump. I remember when Riley signed Johnson. I liked the kid, he was scrappy and always played great against the Celtics, but for that money???? He must have been high that night!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:43 pm

bobheckler wrote:

Rosalie,

I cannot think of anybody with the backbone to give you "a talking to", but it sure as Hell isn't me.

With all due respect to Joel Embiid, I think AD is THE best big in the league.  He does just about everything at an elite level, except perhaps passing (I think Embiid is better there), and he is far more consistent than Embiid.  I think he's worth the sun and the moon but since we really only have 1 star, Kyrie, I would not include him unless it was straight up and perhaps some draft pick to make up for the extra year of contract AD has that Kyrie doesn't.  But that's assuming he is willing to re-sign with us, which is at best unresolved, so I wouldn't make that trade even if Danny would.

I am quite uncomfortable with AD's people (i.e. Klutch Sports and his father) spreading the word that he doesn't consider Boston a destination.  I would be very happy if Danny does not trade for AD, given what we'd have to give up to get him, EXCEPT that we might need AD to re-sign Kyrie.  If so, then trading for AD becomes more of an imperative than just another roll of Danny's dice.  If we lose Kyrie then we have problems because we will be without that guy we need that will get us buckets no matter what against no matter whom all the way through the playoffs and, in this league, you need more than one.  GSW has 3.  Cleveland had 3 (don't forget about a healthy Kevin Love).  Miami had 3.  The Celtics in 2008 had 3.  The Spurs had 3 (Duncan, Manu and Tony Parker in their primes).  Remember 2 playoffs ago, with IT?  Even when he was healthy one such player wasn't enough because you can overplay them and double-team them and get the ball out of their hands.  With KYrie we have only 1.  With Kyrie and AD we still will only have 2.  Without either, because they both bolt, we will be stuck in mediocrity for years because I believe Jayson Tatum is still at least 2 years away from being that dominating force.  Therefore, as my reasoning goes, we have to absolutely, positively lock at least one such player in and Kyrie's recent rumblings also make me quite uncomfortable.

One more day of this and my stress levels will return to medically acceptable levels.

bob

Kyries rumblings make me uncomfortable as well. the fact that he has not demonstrated to me that he can be a leader and mentor some of the younger players makes him less valuable in my eyes.
Great player no doubt but if he cant see that hes very much needed here and better off here then Danny needs to come up with a plan (if he hasn’t already). Don’t get me wrong, as a player Irving is top 10 at the very least. I don’t question his talent one bit. I do question his mindset and attitude (sans the Gordon Hayward miscue. He deserved to be questioned about not going to al) as of late.
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:47 pm

Adam Himmelsbach
✔️
@AdamHimmelsbach
Hearing that one Cs move to keep an eye on tomorrow is Jabari Bird and cash being sent to another team to lower the Cs' tax bill and open a roster spot. Bird would then be waived by the team that was paid to acquire him. But his legal issues could still complicate matters a bit.

10:30 AM - Feb 6, 2019

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:04 pm

The Washington Wizards are sending Otto Porter to the Chicago Bulls for Bobby Portis and Jabari Parker, league sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @WatchStadium.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:06 pm

Will Guillory
✔️
@WillGuillory
Sources: While the Pelicans have explored potential deals involving Julius Randle, it's unlikely he'll be moved before tomorrow's trade deadline. He's developed a strong bond with the team's coaching/training staff and there's a good chance New Orleans could keep him long-term.

10:50 AM - Feb 6, 2019

bob
MY NOTE: I seem to remember reading somewhere that Danny was trying to work out a deal for Randle with the Lakers when he was there. Possible deal where Danny agrees to Davis AND Randle in the summer? A BIGGER deal?

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:05 pm

Look for a trade outside the general discussion by the media and fans for a big man.

Danny likes to think outside the box for a big deal.  He likes stealth just like the Garnet trade.

Look to the West for a big man and that is where Danny will go.   He may also trade to the very top in the draft to land a big guy.

All this bluster and big talk from LA Lakers, Clippers, Knicks, Philly.........It's all bull shxt. What no one else has is assets.......and Danny has them coming out of his ass.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next