bobheckler
20 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Trade Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: Trade Rumors

Post by bobheckler Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:04 pm

John Karalis @RedsArmy_John
about 1 hour ago
Regardless of how we value Boston's assets vs. LA's, The Pelicans best move is to have all interested suitors bidding against each other. Making a trade before they can leverage Boston's assets in a bidding war doesn't make sense when Davis is still under contract this summer

bob
MY NOTE:  Makes sense to me UNLESS there is a player on the Lakers that the Pelicans really covet or unless there is no player on the Celtics they are interested in.  I don't see any player except maybe LeBron, even at age 34, that is going to move the needle with Nwalins.  Ingram?  No.  Ball?  No.  Zubac?  All of them together?  Not enough monetarily or any other way.  What are the Laker draft picks that might be used to sweeten the pot?  Just their own pick which, if LeBron comes back and they make the playoffs, which I expect to happen, isn't worth much.

https://www.prosportstransactions.com/basketball/DraftTrades/Future/Lakers.htm

I expect Danny to make an offer of Tatum, Williams, Rozier and Morris (the last two in a sign-and-trade) as well as the Memphis and maybe the Sacto pick.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:15 pm

Dang, BobH!  Does all that needed to balance the trade?!  That's a lot to give up, partial gutting.  He better be worth it! Lakers would have to make a full gutting of the team. They'd have Lebron and AD...that's it!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:24 pm

Bob,

Receiving a player using a sign-and-trade hard caps the receiving team at the apron.  Your proposed trade works as long as the Celtics do not get a player back using a sign-and-trade.

If a team is over the luxury tax level after a trade, they can send a player (or players) out in a deal using a S&T, they just cannot get one back in that manner.

That being said, I wish there was another player that would be included in the trade to take the place of Jason Tatum.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:30 pm

bobheckler wrote:John Karalis @RedsArmy_John
about 1 hour ago
Regardless of how we value Boston's assets vs. LA's, The Pelicans best move is to have all interested suitors bidding against each other. Making a trade before they can leverage Boston's assets in a bidding war doesn't make sense when Davis is still under contract this summer

bob
MY NOTE:  Makes sense to me UNLESS there is a player on the Lakers that the Pelicans really covet or unless there is no player on the Celtics they are interested in.  I don't see any player except maybe LeBron, even at age 34, that is going to move the needle with Nwalins.  Ingram?  No.  Ball?  No.  Zubac?  All of them together?  Not enough monetarily or any other way.  What are the Laker draft picks that might be used to sweeten the pot?  Just their own pick which, if LeBron comes back and they make the playoffs, which I expect to happen, isn't worth much.

I expect Danny to make an offer of Tatum, Williams, Rozier and Morris (the last two in a sign-and-trade) as well as the Memphis and maybe the Sacto pick.

bob your trade makes no sense, sorry.  Morris is an UFA.  You cannot do a sign and trade until July 1st and he would have to agree.  Terry is a RFA meaning Boston can  match any offer.  Danny is not going to call them and start offering up players.  That is not how it works.  He will ask them what they want and negotiate from their.  

NOLA has certain things they want and Terry is probably not one of them since they already have a max contract on Holiday.  Positional spending is a factor.

The cold truth is that Boston is not going to be able to make a deal work using sign and trades on two players to make the numbers work.

If I'm NOLA I want 2 out of three (Tatum, Brown or Smart)  plus 2-3 first rounders.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:45 pm

about 1 hour ago

bob

Bob,

With the amount of cap space that teams will have this summer, there is no incentive for Rozier and/or Morris to agree to a sign and trade to New Orleans.
If Brooklyn or New York make a big offer to Rozier as their starting PG of the future, would he rather play for them and not New Orleans?
Also, let's say New Orleans trades Davis to LA or another team by the trade deadline and gets back a large expiring contract, they will have plenty of cap space to make an offer to Rozier or Morris or another player without giving up any assets.
Sign and trades are a thing of the past due to the amount of cap space that teams have and the explosion of the cap.
I can't remember the last sign and trade transaction. I do not believe there were any in 2018.
Would Boston give up Tatum and and many other players and picks if AD says he won't guarantee he will re-sign with Boston?
Once KCP, Rondo, Beasley and Stephenson's contracts are over the Lakers will lose those salaries to trade for matching salaries.
For New Orleans the best trade with Boston would be on 7/1/19 or later and the best trade with the Lakers would be in the next 10 days.

What is New Orleans next move?
They are not a playoff team this year.
Do they play Davis knowing he doesn't want to re-sign and risk him getting injured?
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:04 pm

tjmakz wrote:
about 1 hour ago

bob

Bob,

With the amount of cap space that teams will have this summer, there is no incentive for Rozier and/or Morris to agree to a sign and trade to New Orleans.
If Brooklyn or New York make a big offer to Rozier as their starting PG of the future, would he rather play for them and not New Orleans?
Also, let's say New Orleans trades Davis to LA or another team by the trade deadline and gets back a large expiring contract, they will have plenty of cap space to make an offer to Rozier or Morris or another player without giving up any assets.
Sign and trades are a thing of the past due to the amount of cap space that teams have and the explosion of the cap.
I can't remember the last sign and trade transaction. I do not believe there were any in 2018.
Would Boston give up Tatum and and many other players and picks if AD says he won't guarantee he will re-sign with Boston?
Once KCP, Rondo, Beasley and Stephenson's contracts are over the Lakers will lose those salaries to trade for matching salaries.
For New Orleans the best trade with Boston would be on 7/1/19 or later and the best trade with the Lakers would be in the next 10 days.

Do they play Davis knowing he doesn't want to re-sign and risk him getting injured?

TJ,

Maybe they will, maybe they won't, it will depend some on the $ and on the roles they are offered.

Danny might roll the dice and trade for Davis without a guarantee.  He did it with Kyrie and Kyrie seems to be 100% sold.  That alone might impress Davis.  Kyrie had no choice where he got traded to, but he did/does have a choice as to where to be next year.  Just like Davis, Kyrie will be able to go anywhere and be offered max $, so his choice of Boston is based upon other criteria.  Anthony Davis said he'd "take legacy over money".  Well, to me, that means Boston or LA.  LA's sole star is 34 years old.  A short window to base your legacy upon.

"For New Orleans the best trade with Boston would be on 7/1/19 or later and the best trade with the Lakers would be in the next 10 days."  I agree, completely.  The point I was making in my post above was that I don't see anybody on the Laker roster, nor in their stash of draft picks, that would make them enticing to NOP.  THEREFORE, their best deal will be to wait and hope some other team can move pieces around to put some heat on Danny.  Dealing in the next 10 days, without someone coming up with an absolute Godfather offer, makes little sense and I don't see the Lakers making them an offer they can't refuse.  Do you?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:19 pm

Is there any rule that prevents Boston from making a deal now without actually taking possession of AD's contract?

For example could they trade picks right now for a player to be named later?
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:25 pm

dboss wrote:Is there any rule that prevents Boston from  making a deal now without actually taking possession of AD's contract?

For example could they trade picks right now for a player to be named later?

There is no such thing in the NBA as a player to be named later in a trade.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:33 pm

I think I found something under the CBA that addresses my question

"It is important to view a trade separately from each team's perspective, rather than as a single, unified transaction. This is because the same trade may be organized differently according to each team's needs. For example, a trade might be classified as a simultaneous trade from one team's perspective, but from the other team's perspective it's actually broken into two separate trades, one simultaneous and the other non-simultaneous, completing a trade they started months earlier."
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:42 pm

Having never seen Smith play, i am only repeating what I have heard analysts say on nba radio, so I will definitely defer to your opinion.. Just do not trade Jaylen for him!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:45 pm

bobheckler wrote:
tjmakz wrote:
about 1 hour ago

bob

Bob,

TJ,

Maybe they will, maybe they won't, it will depend some on the $ and on the roles they are offered.

Danny might roll the dice and trade for Davis without a guarantee.  He did it with Kyrie and Kyrie seems to be 100% sold.  That alone might impress Davis.  Kyrie had no choice where he got traded to, but he did/does have a choice as to where to be next year.  Just like Davis, Kyrie will be able to go anywhere and be offered max $, so his choice of Boston is based upon other criteria.  Anthony Davis said he'd "take legacy over money".  Well, to me, that means Boston or LA.  LA's sole star is 34 years old.  A short window to base your legacy upon.

"For New Orleans the best trade with Boston would be on 7/1/19 or later and the best trade with the Lakers would be in the next 10 days."  I agree, completely.  The point I was making in my post above was that I don't see anybody on the Laker roster, nor in their stash of draft picks, that would make them enticing to NOP.  THEREFORE, their best deal will be to wait and hope some other team can move pieces around to put some heat on Danny.  Dealing in the next 10 days, without someone coming up with an absolute Godfather offer, makes little sense and I don't see the Lakers making them an offer they can't refuse.  Do you?

bob

I don't know how New Orleans feels about Rich Paul's plan and how strongly does AD want to sign with LA, if he does.
Just because Paul George decided to stay with OKC doesn't have any bearing either way as for who AD wants to sign with even if he is traded soon or next summer.

Yes, I feel the Lakers could make an attractive package to trade for AD.
I would not trade Ball, Kuzma, AND Ingram along with others such as Zubac (who is looking like a starting NBA center), Hart and draft picks.

Even if Kyrie has a plan to sign somewhere else next summer, why would he hint in that direction?
He did the right thing by saying he wants to re-sign with Boston.

The Lakers should make a serious offer and see what happens.
IF there is a plan to get to LA by the summer of 2020, then LA should sit and wait.
Maybe they sign Kawhi Leonard this summer.
Maybe they sign AD the summer of 2020.
If the Lakers do trade for AD and trade Ball, Ingram, etc and don't take back any additional contracts, they would/could have cap space this summer to sign a top player.
Even if they can't sign Kawhi, they could afford Kemba Walker or Klay Thompson.
What if the Lakers kept all of their players and added Jimmy Butler and Cousins this summer?

I would not be surprised if a different team (not LA or Boston) make a huge offer for LA.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:47 pm

I put this in the Davis asked for a trade thread also

IF NO waits until we resign Irving, we will still have to match (or come close) to Davis' $27M salary in 2019-2020

now it would great if they would take Hayward, but we all know no one wants him at his current deal.

Likewise Horford.

so that means putting pieces together to make it work

NO WILL Want Tatum to start ($7.8M)

Smart is the next highest contract at $12.5M

that total $20.3M so we still need to move pieces.

since this is after the draft (the new NBA year) the rookies will have cap values.

If the Kings pick ends up top 10 that should get us closer to that $27M total, but I think NO will want TWO first from the next draft and one in a future draft along with Tatum and Smart.

is that a deal worth doing?

I guess that's why Danny makes the big money.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:35 pm

worcester wrote:Having never seen Smith play, i am only repeating what I have heard analysts say on nba radio, so I will definitely defer to your opinion.. Just do not trade Jaylen for him!

You know how those analysts are. They change their opinions daily to make their points. I wouldn't do Jaylen either. I think Rozier trade would be good for both teams. We might have to throw a second rounder or someone else though.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:30 pm

So the Lakers trade everyody but shopworn Lebron for Davis and he wants to go there ? Why?
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:38 pm

all this Davis talk has me looking at OTHER big men who may be on the market (or maybe not)

Marc Gasol we all know... he has a player option for next year which I think he'll opt in for.

right now, I would offer Hayward even up for Gasol and move on. I think they would want that first back we have though to take on Haywards deal. Might be worth a look though, if Danny thinks we can make a run in the next couple years.

H. Whiteside at Miami- Same deal he has a player option next year at $27M, which he likely won;t get elsewhere. Again, I would look at Hayward even up and see if they bite. Whiteside is young enough to fit in long term also.

Rudy Gobert I talked about for a while now, I just wish Utah wanted Hayward back. It would be good for him to go back home....seriously I say this for his benefit, not because I hate his salary on our cap...no really!! Cool

Dieng is an interesting big man from Minn who has two more years after this year on his deal. a trade that could be interesting for the Celtics would be Dieng and Teague for Hayward and Rozier. We take on $35.2M in salary for the next year but lose Haywards $32.7M next year and whatever it would take to keep Rozier. I think it makes us better this year and next.

Just a couple other options for big man help besides Anthony Davis (none of course are the same level player).

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:41 pm

Maybe they go after Cousins. Unrestricted I believe. We would have to do some money movement but I am sure it could be done. A whole lot cheaper than Davis. We get to keep the players NO would want.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by tardust Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:45 pm

Now there is talk of Kyrie being open to playing with Lebron again. I think these reporters just sit around and make up this crap. Lets see now, Leonard wants to play with Lakers, George wanted to, Durant wants to team with Lebron, Davis wants to go there. Kyrie is ready to go. Clay probably want to go to LA. I am sure there are others. The media says/wants the Lakers to get everyone.
tardust
tardust

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:19 pm

tardust wrote:Maybe they go after Cousins.  Unrestricted I believe.  We would have to do some money movement but I am sure it could be done.  A whole lot cheaper than Davis.  We get to keep the players NO would want.

we really only have the mid-level exception to add any FA's with from now on until there is a tear down.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:38 pm

Right now Ric Boucher (who I have never liked or trusted) has Kyrie going back to play with “Bron! Now, if that happens, I will forever be off the Kyrie bandwagon. The grandstand announcement at the beginning of the season, the commercials with his Dad saying he wears 11 because that is what his Dad wore, and now he wants to see it up in the rafters with the greats here in Boston???????/.

Either this is BS or we have all been taken for fools
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:50 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Right now Ric Boucher (who I have never liked or trusted) has Kyrie going back to play with “Bron!  Now, if that happens, I will forever be off the Kyrie bandwagon. The grandstand announcement at the beginning of the season, the commercials with his Dad saying he wears 11 because that is what his Dad wore, and now he wants to see it up in the rafters with the greats here in Boston???????/.

Either this is BS or we have all been taken for fools

Rosalie,

All of this is because Kyrie called LeBron to apologize about being a dipshit when he was younger. Who knew that being a leader was so hard?

The media writes this crap because they care more about being the one who was first to "get the scoop" instead of just reporting the facts. Most of these dufusses (sp) wouldn't know a fact if it hit them upside the head!

Dinna worry lass, Kyrie ain't gooin anywhere. (Fake Scottish accent)

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:00 pm

worcester wrote:Having never seen Smith play, i am only repeating what I have heard analysts say on nba radio, so I will definitely defer to your opinion.. Just do not trade Jaylen for him!

Smith who?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:48 pm

Ric Bucher is a very well respected journalist and is close to the opposite of Steven A. Smith who is about 99% entertainer and 1% journalist.

It’s interesting that Ric is reporting that Kyrie is genuinely interested in reuniting with Lebron this summer.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/report-kyrie-irving-‘genuinely’-interested-in-reuniting-with-lebron-james/ar-BBSUQgk?li=BBnba9I
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:26 pm

In the past, the Bleacher Report has proven to be the equivalent of just bullshit in a bucket.

What has changed?

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:40 pm

Here is Jackie Mac's take:

https://twitter.com/ChasingBanner18/status/1090403295821213697?s=20

Also an interesting read thru the comments:

https://www.celticsblog.com/2019/1/29/18202906/nba-trade-rumor-updates-on-anthony-davis-links-quotes-boston-celtics-kyrie-irving

And this:

Trade Rumors - Page 4 Nba_ly11

https://tinyurl.com/ycrncwbc

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:52 am

Thanks Gyso, a little common sense on the whole issue
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content