cowens/oldschool
RosalieTCeltics
Hoopdeedoo
mrkleen09
NYCelt
27 posters

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

The Official Free Agents and Trades 2010 Offseason thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Official Free Agents and Trades 2010 Offseason thread

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:17 pm

This is as of 7/23/10

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16900

The NBA free agent market is starting to resemble a fireworks store on July 5th.

The best buys have been picked over and the remains are largely unexciting, damaged or covered in dust.

Fortunately, teams can still find useful pieces this late in July. Exactly one year ago, the Bucks agreed to terms with Ersan Ilyasova, who delivered 10.4 ppg and 6.4 rpg during a playoff run. Even established veterans like Nate Robinson, David Lee and Raymond Felton didn't decide to re-sign with their teams until late September of 2009.

With that in mind, here the top remaining free agents waiting to be (re)discovered:

Centers

Shaquille O'Neal – Anyone who plans on signing the Big (insert self-aggrandizing nickname here) will see a lot of pick-and-rolls from opponents. Shaq offers very little on the defensive end at this point in his career and averaged a career-low 12 ppg with Cleveland last year. Yes, he can still hit close to 60% of his field goals, but that will be little consolation when he's trying to close out a 3-pointer on defense off of a screen. O'Neal supposedly wants to play two more years, but that won't happen with the Celtics or HEAT – two teams that recently signed backup centers. Here's to hoping the Spurs have a change of heart.

Jarron Collins – If you can forgive a center for not rebounding or blocking shots, then Collins is your man. The Suns did well during the playoffs while he subbed in for the injured Robin Lopez, but not so well that they felt the need to bring him back.

Jason Collins – Like his brother, Jason doesn't rebound or block enough shots. Still, the pair is the second-best set of seven-foot twins in Stanford history.

Kwame Brown – A backup centers who can't defend the post is like a spare tire with a hole in it. Brown will sign somewhere, and if history has taught us anything, he won't live up to the contract. Brown supposedly looked good in a workout for the Celtics, but not good enough to earn a contract.

Josh Boone – One of the more intriguing bargains on the free agent market is Boone. The former UConn big man quietly ranked 27th in the NBA in rebounding rate last year. Even Shaquille O'Neal, Kendrick Perkins, Troy Murphy, Tyson Chandler, Chris Anderson and Al Horford didn't rebound such a large portion of missed shots. Boone only played 16.6 mpg with the Nets in '09-'10, but he is conditioned enough to see that number grow this year. Some team will be pleasantly surprised when it adds Boone.

Steven Hunter – Coming off of a knee injury, Hunter's shot-blocking skills are in serious jeopardy, which should hurt his chances of making a team. He might have to sign a few 10-day contracts before catching on somewhere for the rest of the upcoming season.

Power Forwards

Josh Powell – He is rumored to be signing with the Hawks, which means Phil Jackson could be looking for another in his long line of journeymen power forwards (Jason Caffey, Dickie Simpkins, Corie Blount, etc.)

Louis Amundson – Now that Chicago has signed Kurt Thomas, New Orleans, Charlotte, Denver, Miami and New York have all been mentioned as possible destinations for the former Suns forward. Amundson's status as a free agent is a bit puzzling because so many inferior players have already signed deals. The 27-year-old is coming off a career-high PER (14.44) and sank 54.5% of his field goals while grabbing 4.4 rebounds per game. For a winning team in need of the little things, Amundson is a perfect fit.

Small Forwards

Michael Finely – Finely isn't likely to return to Boston now that Marquis Daniels has re-signed, and it would be a shock if he joined a non-contender. That leaves a handful of teams that could have a shot at landing the former All-Star.

Jerry Stackhouse – Stackhouse saying would like to play for the HEAT is like me stating my interest in January Jones. The words don't have to be uttered. And, like my attraction to the Mad Men actress, the feeling probably isn't mutual (although the HEAT have at least heard of Jerry Stackhouse). The veteran swingman should be thrilled to be in the discussion at the age of 35. Like Anfernee Hardaway, Stackhouse probably won't be in a HEAT uniform next year. Where he will end up is still somewhat of a mystery, but don't be surprised to see him start the year without a team, as he did last in 2009-2010, only to sign during the season.

Damien Wilkins – The son of Gerald Wilkins has much more in common with Antoine Wright than with any of his famous relatives. Those looking for a cheap defender should consider him or…

Ime Udoka – Several teams are keeping an eye on Udoka, who has a good reputation for defense and hard work. Udoka was another forward Boston was rumored to be interested in before they brought Daniels back.

Joe Alexander – The former No. 8 overall pick has too much athleticism to be ignored, but who has the patience to sit as he refines his raw skills? If Cleveland continues to lose out on forwards like Matt Barnes, Alexander might land with the Cavaliers.

Bobby Simmons – A victim of the youth movement in New Jersey, Simmons hit nearly 45% of his 3-pointers in 2008-2008 before being relegated to 23 games and two starts this past season. Simmons is only 30, rebounds well for his position, defends and makes good decisions on offense. He might be hoping for some team's bi-annual exception, but at the veteran's minimum, Simmons is a bargain.

Tracy McGrady – T-Mac worked out for the Clippers on Wednesday and claims to be on the right track to after playing in just 65 games over the past three seasons. McGrady is still a good passer and can play three positions. However his defense and shooting aren't getting any better and whoever decides to add him may want to use him sparingly. The Bulls have plans to work him out as well.

Rodney Carney – Did your team miss out on Matt Barnes? Relax, Rodney Carney is the next best thing. In his two best shooting seasons, Carney sank nearly 35% of his 3-pointers. He also improved his free throw shooting to 82.5% last year. That's a big difference from the 60.9% he made as a rookie. The former Memphis forward's main attributes are defense and athleticism. He isn't among the best in either category, but he is more than respectable.

Jarvis Hayes – Like Carney, Hayes can contribute on defense and hit open shots on offense. Supposedly his choices are between going to Cleveland for a bit more dough, or going to a contender for the minimum.

Shooting Guards

Roger Mason Jr. – Two years ago, the San Antonio Spurs got the steal of free agency when Mason arrived and promptly sank 42.1% of his 3-point attempts. But after seeing his mark fall to 33.3% last year, the D.C. native is on the market once again. His ability to defend both shooting guards and point guards equally make him a good for just about anyone, should his shooting touch return. Earlier in the month, Portland, Miami, Chicago, and New York were all rumored to be interesting. Yes, the basketball world has been put through the spin cycle since then, but all of those teams could remain an option if Mason is reduced to the veteran's minimum.

Larry Hughes – Coming off his worst season in terms of PER (12.01), Hughes can't be too picky. If someone wants a veteran who can defend both guard slots, he's still a good fit. Hughes can pass, but his shooting has not gotten better with age.

Shannon Brown – The Lakers still like Brown and a return isn't out of the question. His value isn't the same outside of the triangle offense. Outside of Los Angeles, Brown might be expected to run the point, but with the Lakers he's able to be a complementary scorer to Kobe Bryant.

J.R. Giddens – The former New Mexico star is a bizarre player. He is listed at shooting guard simply because he stands 6-5. However, his long arms and surprising athleticism allow Giddens to defend taller opponents and grab rebounds in bundles. He could be a good bargain, and might not even get a full one-year deal. Giddens played with the Mavericks during the Las Vegas Summer League.

Antoine Wright – Defense never goes out of style and Wright should be trendy for at least two more seasons. For teams that anticipate facing the likes of Dwyane Wade, LeBron James and Kobe Bryant in the postseason, Wright could be a good fit at the minimum. Even if he does sign with a contender, don't expect Wright to get too much playing time.

Point Guards

Will Bynum (Restricted) – Talks are reportedly ongoing between Bynum, his agent Mark Bartelstein and Detroit Pistons president Joe Dumars. After posting a career-best 17.52 PER with the Pistons in 2008-2009, Bynum saw his mark slip below the league average to 13.80 this past season. Up until now, he has been one of the bigger bargains in the NBA since he returned from playing with Maccabi Tel Aviv. Bynum has more value in Detroit, but if he wanted to ink a one-year deal with the HEAT, he certainly would get plenty of exposure before it's time to sign his next deal.

View Alex Raskin Archive Acie Law – The former Texas A&M Aggie may have played some of the best basketball of his career in 12 games with Chicago last year. He even scored 40 points over two losses in March. Did anyone notice?... Nope? Just checking.

Flip Murray – Murray's NBA career has had more legs than anyone could have guessed. Right now the Clippers, Bulls and Cavaliers are rumored to be interested in his services. If the money is all equal, perhaps Murray would sacrifice playing time to join a contender in Chicago.

Jason Williams – When Williams came out of retirement to join former coach Stan Van Gundy in Orlando, few knew what to expect. Surprisingly, the Magic turned out to be a good fit for Williams, who averaged six points and 3.6 assist per game over 20.8 minutes a night. He wasn't the same guy that started for an NBA Champion in Miami, but Williams was certainly one of the better backup point guards in the league. With the addition of Chris Duhon, Orlando is not looking to re-sign Williams, so a return to Miami isn't out of the question. Former Florida Gators Mike Miller and Udonis Haslem would certainly welcome him.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

The Official Free Agents and Trades 2010 Offseason thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Official Free Agents and Trades 2010 Offseason thread

Post by Sam Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:40 pm

I wouldn't count on an undersized rookie being Doc's backup SG. It could happen, but I can understand why they're still looking.

I realize Daniels can play three positions, but not at the same time.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:24 pm

I wish they could give Boone a shot, I think he might just be someone we could use. As far as shooting guards are concerned, I am not impressed with the list available. This is a tough call.

All of this talk back and forth on the Celtics radio channel about Chris Paul is quite intriguing. What do some of you think of a Paul/Rondo trade????? They were all over me when I said that I wouldn't make the trade. I guess I am just someone who is loyal to the guy we are developing ourselves. Rondo is a unique player. I know he has problems with his shot, but there are things about him that I love. What do you all think?????
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:37 am

bobheckler wrote:With Barnes and Antoine Wright gone, the scuttlebutt now revolves around Von Wafer and Jarvis Hayes.

Wafer:
6'5", 210#, 25 years old
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/wafervo01.html
Von Wafer's numbers have come up almost every year. God knows he couldn't have done much worse than his first year with the Lakers. Here's a blogger's take on him: http://www.celticstown.com/2010/07/23/celtics-interested-in-von-wafer/

The general take is that he's good offensively but lacks intensity and interest in defense. I'd like to hear any comments from the Lakers gallery about anything they remember about him.

Hayes:
6'7", 220#, will be 29 this season.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hayesja01.html
http://hoopshype.com/players/jarvis_hayes.htm

bob

bob-

I thought the Lakers gave up on Wafer too quickly, but he was apparently quite a headcase and I didn't have to deal with him every day. He can really score, and could be a nice addition to come off the bench with lil' Nate. That would be a lot of backcourt firepower. I would think given Daniels' injury history, that the Cs should sign someone like Hayes, Udoka or Rodney Carney. All are solid bench guys whose skills and attitude would fit in well with the Cs.

I wonder where Shaq is going to end up ? The one team that could really use him (for ticket sales as well as an answer to D12) is ATL. I'm surprised they haven't nailed him down yet. They could move Horford to his natural position at the 4, JSmoove to the 3 and bench Marvin Williams. If it wasn't for Darko, Williams would easily go down as the worst 2nd pick in the draft since Sam Bowie. It's amazing that Billy King got another job.

Ahh, the NBA- where incompetence happens. Razz Razz Razz
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:41 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I wish they could give Boone a shot, I think he might just be someone we could use. As far as shooting guards are concerned, I am not impressed with the list available. This is a tough call.

All of this talk back and forth on the Celtics radio channel about Chris Paul is quite intriguing. What do some of you think of a Paul/Rondo trade????? They were all over me when I said that I wouldn't make the trade. I guess I am just someone who is loyal to the guy we are developing ourselves. Rondo is a unique player. I know he has problems with his shot, but there are things about him that I love. What do you all think?????

Rosie-

I forgot about Boone. Given the Cs rebounding issues last year he would be a very useful role player for you guys.

Imo, if you can get CP3 for RR, you do it. He's a top 5 player in the league. Rondo is very good, but Paul is a legit MVP candidate every year.

I don't think the Cs have what New Orleans would want though (expiring contracts/ cap relief, and young high caliber players on cheap contracts). Plus, the Hornets are already set at the 1 with Collison, so the one position they don't need to improve is the 1.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:44 am

I like the fact that Boone comes cheaply. And he gets about 10 boards per 36 minutes. But his free throw percentage has plummeted the past two seasons; I believe it was something like 32% last season. I guess the good news is that he takes slightly less than one free throw per game, which makes me wonder how he gets those rebounds.

So, if they got Boone, then I'd be looking for a pretty good SG with Sheed's money. I'm determined that they'll trade for someone with that money. Otherwise, they can send it to me.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:59 am

Since Shaq seems to want to play for Boston, how does this trade sound?
Cleveland S & T Shaq and Delonte West for Rasheed and a 2nd round pick.

Boston gets another big and a true back up at SG.
Cleveland can release West and only have to pay him $500k, so they save the $500k and pick up a 2nd round pick.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:04 pm

Boone uber alles.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

The Official Free Agents and Trades 2010 Offseason thread - Page 11 Empty The Official Shaquile O'Neal Thread

Post by Brandon$$ Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:32 pm

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/07/23/shaq-wants-to-wear-celtics-green/?ncid=txtlnkusspor00000002&xid=si_nba

Veteran free agent center Shaquille O'Neal -- the future Hall of Famer without a team -- has been lobbying the Boston Celtics aggressively, still trying to convince them that his addition would help their quest to win another NBA championship.

He still wants to be The Big Leprechaun.

The Celtics, who lost to the Los Angeles Lakers in the NBA Finals in June, are facing the difficult task of holding off both the suddenly star-studded Miami Heat and the improved Orlando Magic in the Eastern Conference to get their rematch in the Finals.

Although O'Neal was unavailable for comment Friday, two sources close to him confirmed his continued interest in the Celtics, even though they currently have no room, or exceptions, under the salary cap to pay him beyond the NBA veteran's minimum of $1.35 million.

The Celtics could pay him more, but only if his former team, the Cleveland Cavaliers, helped with a sign-and-trade deal.

"He only wants to go to a team with a chance to win it all,'' one source said. "That's a short list. Even for the money, he's not going to a non-contender.''

The Celtics recently signed veteran Jermaine O'Neal, using their mid-level exception of $5.6 million to do it, but they still have a need for another veteran front-court player. And O'Neal sees himself as that guy.

The Celtics will be starting this season without veteran center Rasheed Wallace, who is expected to announce his retirement soon, and without starting center Kendrick Perkins, who is expected to miss at least the first two months recovering from knee surgery. They also lost veteran free agent guard Tony Allen to Memphis, but they did re-sign guard Marquis Daniels.

O'Neal, 38, already has won four NBA titles (three with the Lakers, one with the Heat). He was expecting to get his fifth in Cleveland last season, but the Cavs were upset by the Celtics in the conference semifinal round, which led to the firing of coach Mike Brown and the departure of free agent LeBron James to Miami.

The Celtics, during Summer League play earlier this month in Orlando, sounded less than enthusiastic about the idea of adding Shaq to their mix, leery of adding his strong personality to a delicate chemistry. Yet his recent eagerness to join them may have softened their stance.

O'Neal has won the NBA Most Valuable Player Award once and the NBA Finals Most Valuable Player Award thrice. He was named first-team All-NBA center eight times and is fifth on the league's all-time scoring list with 28,255 points in his 18 seasons.

He told friends recently in Orlando, where he started his career and still makes his offseason home, that he wanted to play two more seasons. He also talked of earlier interest from both the Atlanta Hawks and the San Antonio Spurs.

An issue with the Celtics would be his willingness to take a much smaller role than he is accustomed to taking. Even though he happily deferred to James in Cleveland, he still was the starting center, which is something that would change in Boston.

If O'Neal can accept a smaller role, the Celtics would be a good fit. They are filled with aging veterans like Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce, who play better in the half-court style that O'Neal needs. And they also have just a one- or two-year window of being serious contenders.
Brandon$$
Brandon$$

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:43 pm

Brandon,

Until Shaq signs with the Celtics, he is still a free agent and thus any bits of information or discussion still goes into this thread.

If he signs with us, he can get a thread of his own.

Regards,

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:55 pm

I'm on record as saying the Celtics need another big, but Shaq isn't it.

Though he does not box,
Sly as a fox.
Big as a house.
Can't guard a mouse.
I do not like him here or there.
I do not like him anywhere.
I do not like green Shaq the ham.
I do not like him, Sam I am.

(Sorry about that. It just popped in my head.)

This is coming from someone who thinks that Shaq was one of best centers to play the game, a notch below the very best. Ten years ago, he was the best player in the league, a fearsome, unstoppable force when motivated. His agility and leaping ability for a man his size was awesome. He is the one guy that I think Russell couldn't guard.

Today, he is a circus sideshow. He'll score eight points on showy dunks but cost his team 16 points because he's a defensive liability and can't make free throws. In his prime, teams used to screen/roll him incessantly because he didn't have the desire to guard it. What do you think they'd do to him now?

Let's forget for a minute what adding his ego and his entertaining, quotable, but overbearing personality to the team might do. What the Celtics need is a backup big who can play defense and rebound, with a few points thrown in as a bonus. Is that Shaq?

My guess is that his career is done. Atlanta was supposedly the only team interested, and they passed on him. The Celtics should, too.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:22 pm

Outside,

Excellent post!
I completely agree with your Shaq analysis.

Ironically, the one team that could be a fit for Shaq is the Lakers because of the triangle offense. Shaq is a good passer but doesn't work well with pg's that dribble penetrate.

I expect some team to pick him up, even if it is at the veterans minimum.
I don't know if it is true, but I heard that Shaq was asked about playing with the Heat for the veterans minimum right after LeBron announced he was signing with Miami. Supposedly he said, "I'm not getting out of bed to battle against Dwight Howard and Andrew Bynum for the veterans minimum."
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:41 pm

tjmakz wrote:Outside,

Excellent post!
I completely agree with your Shaq analysis.

Ironically, the one team that could be a fit for Shaq is the Lakers because of the triangle offense. Shaq is a good passer but doesn't work well with pg's that dribble penetrate.

I expect some team to pick him up, even if it is at the veterans minimum.
I don't know if it is true, but I heard that Shaq was asked about playing with the Heat for the veterans minimum right after LeBron announced he was signing with Miami. Supposedly he said, "I'm not getting out of bed to battle against Dwight Howard and Andrew Bynum for the veterans minimum."

You have to know what you'll do and how far you'll go for money. In Shaq's case, he'd rather sit in a rocking chair than earn $2M.

I wish they'd ask me...

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:24 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?page=granderson/100723

Shaq apparently wants to play for a team with a title chance, and if he gets that wish, it will be his third stop in as many years. In a relatively short period of time, he's gone from potential game changer to cankerous, ring-chasing journeyman whose years of bridge-burning seem to have caught up with him.

He's handled his free agency this offseason as if he holds all the cards, when actually he's the only one sitting at the table.

He can't go back to the Magic. (The Shaq years there: 1992-96.)

He'd have to eat a lot of crow to rejoin the Lakers. (The Shaq years there: 1996-2004.)

He isn't wanted in Phoenix. (The Shaq years there: 2008-09.)

And most daunting, the Cleveland center LeBron James took with him down to Miami earlier this month, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, was Shaq's backup with the Cavs. Not Shaq. Not that Chris Bosh -- whom Shaq called "the RuPaul of big men" after he dropped 45 on Bosh's Raptors this past spring -- is disappointed in that. And not that Pat Riley -- who feuded with Shaq during his tenure with the Heat and then traded him to Phoenix in February 2008 -- would seriously consider adding him for a second time, anyway.

A number of NBA folks with rings believe Shaq, who went for about 12 and 7 on 57 percent shooting last season, could still help a championship team, albeit in a diminished role.

But as we all know, a diminished role is something Shaq's giant-sized ego doesn't allow him to accept very easily. He's complained about touches his entire career, and last season was no exception. One source referred to him as a "nightmare" in the Cavs' locker room.

babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:25 pm

I'm assuming the fact that Shaq is a chemistry-killer of legendary proportions is the reason the Cs have been cool to the idea of signing him up to this point.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:29 pm

tjmakz wrote:Since Shaq seems to want to play for Boston, how does this trade sound?
Cleveland S & T Shaq and Delonte West for Rasheed and a 2nd round pick.

Boston gets another big and a true back up at SG.
Cleveland can release West and only have to pay him $500k, so they save the $500k and pick up a 2nd round pick.

TJ-

Shaq wants more than the mid-level. West would reduce the amount he could get. I could see Sheed's deal + a second for Shaq (re-signed at mle + 25%), so the trade would work and Shaq would get his ego satisfied.

As for West, Cleveland is looking to bring back a player for his deal, which is valuable to teams looking to cut salary. They'll get someone for that contract, and West will be waived by his new team. At which point he could sign with Boston for the vet min.

But wow- talk about a chemistry experiment- Big 3, Rondo and Perk, Shaq-fu and West (bi-polar). That sounds like a recipe for disaster.
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:06 pm

Keep them both, head trips are not for Boston.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by babyskyhook Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:15 pm

I agree Rosie. Chemistry is very underrated.

No need to look further than Cs-Cavs this year.

ONe team had chemistry and played together- and the other one.......
babyskyhook
babyskyhook

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:36 pm

The Celtics are talking about bringing back Eddie House. He'd have to play for less (he made $2.5M last year and we can't offer him more than the vet's minimum, which is south of $2M).

Eddie's 32 years old. His game with the C's last season was around his career average, but he went downhill with the Knicks (on a side note: so much for D'Antoni's assertion that his style will produce a championship. A player who was key on a championship team declines under his system while a "bubble player" like Bill Walker makes the rotation).

What say you all? Should we bring Eddie back?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:48 pm

The reports are also that Minny will waive Delonte West.

I like his play, always have, his head is another story (obviously).

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:02 pm

I'd rather have Delonte on board than Eddie. Delonte brings more defensive intensity. Also, he didn't have such extreme mood swings in Boston as elsewhere. Maybe we have better psychiatrists and pharmacists. On another note, Calvin Murphy said that during the playoffs against Boston LeBron found out that Delonte was having an affair with Lebron's mom. If true, that could really upset team chemistry. Any validation to that story?
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:08 pm

I will wait on House or West until after we solve our rebounding issues. If after we get our rebounding straightened out and there is a roster spot open, then maybe.

We only have 15 to play with and I expect that Danny will fill 14 going into the season. Danny will fill only 13 if Sheed still has not been traded.

As always, IMO.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:27 pm

Me too, I love Eddie, but I think they should hold off a while and see if anyone
gets cut or is available that we just don't realize. As far as West is concerned,
I already gave my opinion on him. He just got traded to Minnesota, they are going to cut him. I think his problems are going to follow him wherever he goes. This kid really is a trip and we just don't need that on this team. It's too bad, he has (or had) talent. As far as Shaq is concerned, I just don't want him on this team. He thinks he is still a superstar, and we have four guys on this team who don't need to be told what to do by him. Can you just imagine Shaq and KG in the same locker room????????? I don't think so.............
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:46 pm

Hi,
Are there any big men left on the FA market or trade that can play 4/5 that DA can target for vet min or Sheed's contract?
IMO, Celtics are very thin in that department. Even when Perk comes back he, most probably, won't be 100% by the playoffs.
Thank you very much,
AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:39 pm

sinus007 wrote:Hi,
Are there any big men left on the FA market or trade that can play 4/5 that DA can target for vet min or Sheed's contract?
IMO, Celtics are very thin in that department. Even when Perk comes back he, most probably, won't be 100% by the playoffs.
Thank you very much,
AK

sinus,

Louis Amundson is leaving Phoenix.

Check out his rebounds/36mpg:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/amundlo01.html

Unfortunately, his FTs are complete excrement. What the hell is it with these players, they can't hit a free throw?

He's also a shot blocker, with 2.2 blks/36mpg. By comparison, Perk gets 2.3 blks/36mpg and KG gets 1.5 blks/36mpg. These are career average stats. Of course, one of KG's great strengths isn't just his blocks but his intimidation of shots that don't get blocked but don't go in either because the shooter sees KG.

Last year, I think he made around $900k, so the price'd be right.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next