dbrown4
dboss
14 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

kemba Traded to Thunder - Page 3 Empty Re: kemba Traded to Thunder

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:42 pm

bobc33 wrote:Next up???

How do we acquire Lonzo Ball?  Is it feasible?

Great idea bobc, would have to include Smart and one of Nesmith or Romeo and then throw in a PP and a draft pick….why not? Great call

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:47 pm

We get Lonzo Ball…..DYNASTY

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:03 pm

Sorry guys didn’t do my research, Ball is in last year at 8 mill, we don’t have to give up that much…we can do this

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:19 pm

I will take a no thank you helping on SVG. Just not the guy I would like to see walking the sidelines screaming his head off, crying at every call. This is not the coach Boston needs.

RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:24 pm

Anyone know what the 2021 draft looks like?
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:40 pm

Ktron wrote:
dboss wrote:
Shamrock1000 wrote:
dboss wrote:

Clearly the next move will be for a PG with TT being the very tradeable contract that anchors another deal.  Look for Semi and Kornet to also be let go.  If the Celtics go for a top rated PG look for Marcus to also be in the deal along with TT and don't forget we still have $11 million remaining on the big TPE plus several smaller but very useful TPE's to wager.

That was one of the first thoughts that popped into my head, at least the TT part - didn't consider throwing in Marcus for a top PG....

Rock

The Marcus inclusion is highly speculative.

I just do not know if Marcus is the  guy that you want to or should resign.  I just do not see them resigning Fournier this year and then Marcus next year.  If you cannot make a deal for a PG using TT and something else Marcus could be in the picture and we could be looking at a guy like Brogdon in Indiana.  I could see a 3 team deal with Turner going to the 3rd team.  Put the 6'5" Brogdon at the point keep Evan and pick who starts at center.  That would be a very interesting team.

If Boston decides to retain Fournier Marcus will likely be traded.  TT has to be traded because we do not need him with the addition of AH and Moses.  So he is gone but I just do not know where.  The clock is ticking on the next move.

Al has a very friendly contract when you consider the nonguaranteed element in year two.  So down the road we may be looking at a center rotation of two very athletic centers that fit a long timeline into the future (the law firm of Williams and Brown defenders of the paint)

Dboss, Sooooo TT and Marcus Smart for Malcolm Brogden? I’ll have whatever you’ve  been smoking. Geez us!

absolutely!

Malcolm Brogdon was the FA guard that Danny should have went after instead of Kemba. TT would not get you Brogdon and Marcus Smart would not either. As a PKG deal the numbers are close enough to work something out. TT is clearly not going to be here this year and Boston has to choose between the prospect of resigning Marcus or keeping EF.

Brogdon is a 6' 5" PG. Averaged 21.2 PPG as well as 5.3 rebounds and 5.9 assists. He also shot 39% from deep and he is closed friends with Jaylen (both from the ATL)

So yes I would make this deal. Marcus is not an everyday starting PG and that as of today is our #1 positional need.

If we screw around and just get some half baked veteran PG we are not going to go very far next year. And this will give PP another year or 2 to be even more ready since you do not think he is ready now.

This is just my trade idea and I'm sure Boston will go in a direct direction but on paper it works and even the forbidden eye test tells me Brogdon is a flat out baller.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:48 pm

OKC highlights. I forgot how good a passer he is.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:03 pm

To sum up the Kemba Walker era (?) here in Boston, there were such high hopes for the team when he signed. Then he went off with JT, JB, and Marcus to Team USA and all looked so rosy. His first half a season went so well, in fact good enough for him to be named to the all star team. Just before that, we got a little inkling of a knee issue, but he played 30 minutes at the all star game . Then the shoe fell, and before long he was out for knee problems. Then Covid reared its ugly head and he sat for a good length of time. When they came back from Covid issues still plagued him. This went on into the bubble, where he was of no value, maybe one good game. Then we found out he had stem cell injections. Out again for the start of this season, it seemed forever and he finally returned….every other game, no back to backs at all, in a year full of them. He struggled in the playoffs, maybe one really good game, and the season was over.

My point in all of this is, no one should blame the Celtics for wanting to move on. I believe he wanted to move on to by the end of the season.
I live here in Boston, I listen to these Boston reporters, one minute tearing apart Danny Ainge, now, today, half of them are questioning if Brad got fleeced. This is a tough place to play any sport, but the eyes have been on the Celtics for a long time.

it was time to move on, time to turn the page, let go of a quality human being, but getting one a little older but quality also. It is time to let this play on, move ahead and be thankful we have 2 studs waiting to play for us next year

RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:05 pm

I was just watching highlights of Moses Brown, what stands out is his tenacity and length, also his ability to run the floor; in other words he’s way more mobile than say Whiteside and he’s just learning the game at 21. He is gonna give RWill a run for his money in camp as he is way more physical than Rob.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:07 pm

Really, it was like using your first round pick for this kid. That is the way I look at it.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:15 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Really, it was like using your first round pick for this kid. That is the way I look at it.

Rosie I’ve been following this kid since he had that monster game against us, you are gonna love the way he competes at his size, can’t wait to see him play in the middle with 2 J’s. We have given RWill 3 years to get his sh.t together, so all he has to do is what he’s been training to do his whole life, time to put up or shut up and be irrelevant, thrilled we were able to pull this off!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:18 pm

I remember watching that first game in OKC. Under the right system, with good coaching, this kid could be a steal. I am delighted they got him, maybe it will light a fire under Williams. Everyone is ready to hand him the keys to the car, but he has to stay on the road long enough to use them
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:24 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:To sum up the Kemba Walker era (?) here in Boston, there were such high hopes for the team when he signed. Then he went off with JT, JB, and Marcus to Team USA and all looked so rosy.  His first half a season went so well, in fact good enough for him to be named to the all star team. Just before that, we got a little inkling of a knee issue, but he played 30 minutes at the all star game .  Then the shoe fell, and before long he was out for knee problems.  Then Covid reared its ugly head and he sat for a good length of time. When they came back from Covid  issues still plagued him. This went on into the bubble, where he was of no value, maybe one good game.  Then we found out he had stem cell injections.  Out again for the start of this season, it seemed forever and he finally returned….every other game, no back to backs at all, in a year full of them.  He struggled in the playoffs, maybe one really good game, and the season was over.

My point in all of this is, no one should blame the Celtics for wanting to move on.  I believe he wanted to move on to by the end of the season.
I live here in Boston, I listen to these Boston reporters, one minute tearing apart Danny Ainge, now, today, half of them are questioning if Brad got fleeced.  This is a tough place to play any sport, but the eyes have been on the Celtics for a long time.  

it was time to move on, time to turn the page, let go of a quality human being, but getting one a little older but quality also.  It is time to let this play on, move ahead and be thankful we have 2 studs waiting to play for us next year

The peak of that team was the first Laker game that season. We just overwhelmed them, blew them out by 30, Kemba, GH, 2 J’s all played great sharing the ball and Jaylen had a monster dunk over Lebron that is in the archives. Shame after that game Kemba would eventually break down and then GH broke down too. Danny put together a championship team, shame 2 key pieces broke down.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:25 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:funny, it worked for the first half of the season the first year he was here.  It was so good that he became an all star, Tatum made the all star team, and Jaylen just missed.  Then the injuries
started. I do not think this was a bad fit as much as I think it was just not meant to be for him.
When he did come back it was in a one game in one game off situation, then injured again.  He just never got back to full health witch caused him to worry, force his offense, and just not be able to do the things he was capable of before.  

Let's not treat this guy like he was some  also ran,   Many here were happy when he was signed. It was the hope that we would not skip a beat after the ass that was here before.  He was refreshing after looking at Kyrie and his sour face every game.  It didn't work because his body gave out on him, period. Not because he did not try.
+1
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:44 pm

Just imagine, had Gordon not gotten injured, even if Kyrie still pulled his little stunt, and we got a healthy Kemba what a year it would have been. If Al was not so impressed with the $$, and stuck around Danny would have been a hero again. Strange how things turn out.

Look to the future, wasted time looking back. It is hard though
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:30 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Just imagine, had Gordon not gotten injured, even if Kyrie still pulled his little stunt, and we got a healthy Kemba what a year it would have been. If Al was not so impressed with the $$, and stuck around Danny would have been a hero again.   Strange how things turn out.

Look to the future, wasted time looking back. It is hard though

Agreed, but we’re die hard fans, thought too many times how good we could have been with a healthy GH and Kemba, we sure were a match up nightmare for that Laker team. There were times that 3 wing offense with Kemba just purred, everyone sharing the ball, so many open looks, so many match ups so easy to exploit, they couldn’t cover all 3 wings....wasn’t meant to be

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:03 pm

GH shot .368 from 3 in his 28 games kast season.
He still can play a solid 20 mpg. We are loaded at center with him, RWill, and Moses. GH will be a great mentor for them.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:12 am

worcester wrote:GH shot .368 from 3 in his 28 games kast season.
He still can play a solid 20 mpg. We are loaded at center with him, RWill, and Moses. GH will be a great mentor for them.

Agreed and think you got your initials wrong and meant AH

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlin-T Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:17 am

Living in Berlin I don't follow the NBA as closely as all of you, just the Celtics, so I don't know all the players and who is available etc.
Now I don't really care if Brad or Danny pulled off this deal. What impresses me is the decisiveness of it and that it takes care of one of our most pressing needs. If Brad (or Danny) can do it again with a good to great point guard I'm for putting both of them in the Hall of Fame. sunny

Berlin-T
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:20 am

So you want size and defense? We can throw a M Brown RWill Jayson Jaylen Smart line up out there, rebounding and dunks galore, plus a lot of blocked shots!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:21 am

Yes Cow, AH.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:45 am

Let’s not get too starry - eyed!

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:45 am

Let’s not get too starry - eyed!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:28 pm

dboss wrote:
Ktron wrote:
dboss wrote:
Shamrock1000 wrote:
dboss wrote:

Clearly the next move will be for a PG with TT being the very tradeable contract that anchors another deal.  Look for Semi and Kornet to also be let go.  If the Celtics go for a top rated PG look for Marcus to also be in the deal along with TT and don't forget we still have $11 million remaining on the big TPE plus several smaller but very useful TPE's to wager.

That was one of the first thoughts that popped into my head, at least the TT part - didn't consider throwing in Marcus for a top PG....

Rock

The Marcus inclusion is highly speculative.

I just do not know if Marcus is the  guy that you want to or should resign.  I just do not see them resigning Fournier this year and then Marcus next year.  If you cannot make a deal for a PG using TT and something else Marcus could be in the picture and we could be looking at a guy like Brogdon in Indiana.  I could see a 3 team deal with Turner going to the 3rd team.  Put the 6'5" Brogdon at the point keep Evan and pick who starts at center.  That would be a very interesting team.

If Boston decides to retain Fournier Marcus will likely be traded.  TT has to be traded because we do not need him with the addition of AH and Moses.  So he is gone but I just do not know where.  The clock is ticking on the next move.

Al has a very friendly contract when you consider the nonguaranteed element in year two.  So down the road we may be looking at a center rotation of two very athletic centers that fit a long timeline into the future (the law firm of Williams and Brown defenders of the paint)

Dboss, Sooooo TT and Marcus Smart for Malcolm Brogden? I’ll have whatever you’ve  been smoking. Geez us!

absolutely!

Malcolm Brogdon was the FA guard that Danny should have went after instead of Kemba.  TT would not get you Brogdon and Marcus Smart would not either.  As a PKG deal the numbers are close enough to work something out.  TT is clearly not going to be here this year and Boston has to choose between the prospect of resigning Marcus or keeping EF.

Brogdon is a 6' 5" PG.  Averaged 21.2 PPG as well as 5.3 rebounds and 5.9 assists.  He also shot 39% from deep and he is closed friends with Jaylen (both from the ATL)

So yes I would make this deal.  Marcus is not an everyday starting PG and that as of today is our #1 positional need.  

If we screw around and just get some half baked veteran PG we are not going to go very far next year.  And this will give PP another year or 2 to be even more ready since you do not think he is ready now.  

This is just my trade idea and I'm sure Boston will go in a direct direction but on paper it works and even the forbidden eye test tells me Brogdon is a flat out baller.

Dude hasn’t played a full season since he’s been in the league

04/29/2021 Hamstring
04/02/2021 Hip
03/22/2021 Back
02/27/2021 Knee
08/11/2020 Neck
08/05/2020 Neck
07/31/2020 Cervical Strain
03/04/2020 Hip
01/25/2020 Concussion
01/22/2020 Laceration
12/31/2019 Back
12/30/2019 Left Hamstring
12/23/2019 Groin
12/07/2019 Hand
11/15/2019 Back
03/15/2019 Heel
03/02/2019 Heel
02/22/2019 Foot
01/28/2019 Sternum
12/17/2018 Hamstring
12/14/2018 Hamstring
02/01/2018 Torn Left Quadricep Tendon
01/26/2018 Sore Right Calf
10/23/2017 Sprained Left Ankle

Tell ya what, Get a league going in Atlanta bring lil Lame Lamont Brogdon with you and I’ll move there. I’d love to coach against you. LOL!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:51 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
RosalieTCeltics wrote:Really, it was like using your first round pick for this kid. That is the way I look at it.

Rosie I’ve been following this kid since he had that monster game against us, you are gonna love the way he competes at his size, can’t wait to see him play in the middle with 2 J’s. We have given RWill 3 years to get his sh.t together, so all he has to do is what he’s been training to do his whole life, time to put up or shut up and be irrelevant, thrilled we were able to pull this off!!!

Rob’s issues have been injuries. Those injuries were not because he was not working out and working hard at getting better. I’m sure he didn’t desire to get hurt and sit on the bench. I don’t think its a matter of him getting his s**t together. When’s he is healthy he gives the team something that not too many players have done for us here lately. He ain’t trying to get hurt!
So, its not a put up or shut up with him. He just has to stay healthy and he’ll be fine. When that happens I’ll bet we’ll all stop talking about Moses as though he’s the second coming of ..Moses.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next