bobheckler
dboss
15 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Chasing them down - Page 6 Empty Re: Chasing them down

Post by dboss Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:29 pm

db

We had a lot of unchecked boxes on our lists.  As the season has moved forward, I have a check mark in all but one box.

I still need to see consistent offensive production from our rotations guys and especially from a depth position need, AN has yet to give us the offense that we had hoped for.

PP has been on a surge and I am pretty comfortable that he will be of great value.  The unknown for me is at wing.  I have confidence that Aaron can help us on defense but we need his scoring as well.

Ime will try to  give him another shot before the regular season ends  and if he can make some baskets then all the boxes will be checked.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:08 pm

dboss wrote:db

The importance of every game is elevated as teams go into the final turn of what has been a very unpredictable season.  

6 games on tap tonight that will impact the EC Standings

Jazz @ Celtics - easy choice here.  The Celtics will win again.  Both Marcus and Rob are probable.  PP recent play has added offensive depth where we need it the most.  Utah will be without Bogdanovic.  As you know sharp shooter Ingles had ACL surgery and is out for the remainder of the season.

NYK @ Charlotte.  Last night I watched Trae and the Hawks win again at MSG. Charlotte is on a 5 games streak and are only one game back in the loss column behind the Nets.    I am going with Charlotte.

Hawks @ Pistons  - Even though the Pistons have no where to go but to the lottery drawing, I like several of their young players.  The Hawks still have something to play for.  They are only 2 games behind the Nets in the loss column.

My hope is that either the Hawks or the Hornets can catch the Nets and at least knock them down to #9.  

GSW @ Heat -  Curry is out but Butler and Herro are both questionable.  I am going to take GSW on the road to win.  

Nets @ Grizzles - With Ja not expected to play I have to hold my nose and go with the PITA Nats.

Sixers @ Lakers -  Horton-Tucker and Lebron are both questionable.  Without Lebron, the Lakers have no chance.  Based on that I would take the Sixers.

There is no way that either the Sixers or the Bucks can avoid being caught by the Celtics.  Both of those teams have one eye on the road and the other eye on their rear view mirrors knowing full well that objects are a lot closer than they appear.

The Sixers and the Buck have to play again so that is a definite loss for one of them. The Sixers play 7 out of their next 10 games on the road.  That includes a stop in Phoenix on their current 3 game road trip.  7 out of their final 10 games will be against teams in the play-in round or in the playoffs.  

I do not expect the Bucks to take any solace in what the Sixers have in front of them. The Bucks play 8 of their remaining games against play in candidates and playoff teams.  They have to play at Memphis, Philly and Brooklyn.  2 of their remaining homes games are against Dallas and us.

The only thing Boston needs to do is play ball like a championship team.  Be oblivious to any doubt, ride the positive wave of karma and do not try to cheat the hangman. We can match up and beat any and all teams in the East.

Sharp shooter Joe Ingles has permanently left the building. He and his ripped up ACL now belong to the Trailblazers.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:39 pm

So Heat lost their 2nd in a row, to Warrior team without Steph and Klay. Poole was the best player on the floor and Butler and Harlem got in a hissy fit on each other and had to be separated….please bring them on !!!!

Oh sh!t I got that wrong, it wasn’t Haslem, it was the coach Spolstra that got in a heated shouting match with Butler, that cannot be good, they just lost to Warriors team without Steph, Klay, Draymond and Potter. Something is not working for that team…!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:03 am

Well, we got two out of three last night.  The big one we needed from the Lakers who came up just 5 points short sans Lebron and AD.  Close but no cigar.  

MIA pulled a full game closer with us winning.  Now it's up to the Clippers Friday to take out the 76ers.  We'll be watching from the sidelines until Sunday vs. Timberwolves.  KAT alert?

BKN got it handed to them sans Ja.  Glad the NYC mandate has been lifted.  BKN will see it doesn't make a hill of beans difference.  But now it's time for sports media to ramp back up all the PHI vs. BKN ECF BS and push the Celtics off the 16th page.  Can't wait for the Celtics to throw the devastating wrench into that huge pile of crapola.  Hope we take out both in the first and second rounds and put these two no defense playing, no bench depth sad sacks out of their misery once and for all.  We get to see it all unfold and help them not have the door hit them out the way out.

Not putting much hope in the Wizards taking out the Bucks tonight but anything can happen.  

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:28 am

We will be in first place before playoffs start, bank on that

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:51 am

Chasing them down - Page 6 Standi16

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:36 pm

I like your thinking, cowens/oldschool!! The skeptic in me is clearly running out of counter-arguments why 1st Place won't be the reality. Our current play is making believers out of us all. I just want dboss to have his 10-game win streak realized he's been asking for all season!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:41 pm

Actually I may need to retract back my comment about Bucks vs. Wiz since Antetokounmpo (OK, I'm just showing off that I can spell his name without looking!!) and Middleton will both be out. Still, I won't believe it 'til I see it. Worth recording on the DVR/NVR either way.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:05 pm

Yeah my eye test tells me we are for real. We are playing a new defensive system no one can figure out. Other teams may try to copy, but they don’t have our personnel to pull it off. We are like a great fighter, we get stronger as the fight goes longer. All these other teams are fading and here we are kicking a$$

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:06 pm

Dbrown

Yeah my eye test tells me we are for real. We are playing a new defensive system no one can figure out. Other teams may try to copy, but they don’t have our personnel to pull it off. We are like a great fighter, we get stronger as the fight goes longer. All these other teams are fading and here we are kicking a$$

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:53 pm

Hats off to the Celtics for their impressive win over the Jazz last night.  The first game back after a road trip often resembles another road game.  Then consider the quality of the opponent.  We just demolished one of the best teams in the NBA.  We made them look pedestrian (except for the amazing Donovan Mitchell) and his heroics could not alter what we did to his team.

Of all the hopeful predictions night in and night out, another magnificent win by the Celtics, keeps us in the money.

That 4 game lead at the top of the EC mountain does not seem so insurmountable as it has been cut in half.  The Celtics remain well positioned to finish the chase down over any and all contestants.

Hey db you called the Memphis game.  On point observation with a resulting Nets loss.

The Sixers slipped past LAL by 5 but they are on the road and have to play the Clippers and the Suns.  The first game back will be against the Bucks.  

The Celtics are just 1 game back in the loss column vs both the Sixers and Bucks and only 2 back from the Heat.  

We are off until Sunday when the T'Wolves will come in for their lashing!

One remarkable observation is how  we are turning quality frontline players into mush.  

At the bottom of the top 10 EC, the Hawks and the Hornets are still 1 and 2 games behind the Nets.

While I hoped one of those teams could catch the Nets I have resigned myself to not expecting that to happen.  The Nets will have KI available for all games.  Their soft remaining schedule includes 6 out of 9 at home.  Tough teams Heat and Bucks.  Not so tough, Hornets Cavs and Hawks.

The Hornets have remaining games against the Jazz, Nets, Nuggets, Sixers, Heat and Bulls.  Forget about it.  They ain't catching anyone.

The Hawks have Warriors, Cavs, Nets, Raptors and Heat still on their schedule.  Dito

This means that the Nets are at the very least a lock for the playin at the 8th seed.  

The Cavs remain at #6 and the Raptors are #7.  

With the Cavs wading in the water (under .500 since the beginning of February at 10-11) their slippage continues and I fully expect them to drop in the standings.  I can see them finishing at 4-6 given remaining games against Raptors, Bulls, Mavs, Sixers, Nets and Bucks.

The Raptors  will secure the 6th spot.  They play 8 of their remaining 10 games at home.  Tough teams ahead, Cavs, Celtics, Heat and Sixers.

At the end of the regular season look for the Nets and Cavs to be tied at 45-37 or the Cavs may fall all the way down to 8th.  I expect the Nets would win the tie breaker to secure the 7th playin seed and them beat them again in the playin  7 vs 8 matchup.  I can see the Nets finishing off the remaining regular season at 7-2.  

Conclusion (subject to change)  The best seeding for Boston is #1 or #4.  In each case the Celtics will avoid playing the 7th seeded (Nets) until the ECF.   The #1 seed is still the best spot to be in because of home court advantage throughout the EC playoff series.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:47 pm

There are 3 games of interest tonight that will impact the EC Standings

Wizards @ Bucks

Best chance for the Wizards to beat the Bucks is tonight.  Both Kris Middleton and Giannis are out.  The Wizards however have no specific reason to put forth a winning effort.  We could certainly use a little help from them.  I hope the Bucks get trapped in this one. If it happens it would be a free gift.

Cavs @ Raptors

The Cavs have lost 6 out of the last 7 games on the road.  The Raptors should win this home game.  They can end up in a virtual tie.  

Bulls @ Pelicans

No Ingram and no DeRozan.  NOLA is trying to catch LA for the 10th spot and the Bulls are just trying to catch their breath.  The Bulls are 3-7 over their past 10 games and 16-20 on the road this year.  There, I have given you several reasons why the Bulls will lose tonight.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:33 am

Thanks for the shout out, dboss! Glad I didn't fully retract the MIL vs. Wiz game. How bad to you have to suck to still lose to MIL without Giannis and Middleton?!!! Overall, last night was a bust for us. Gap developing between 4th and 5th now implying worst case scenario we're locking in on 4th.

As our mini vacation starts, there appear to only be three games of interest tonight. Really just one and two games mildly of interest. Let's start with the lessers.

Utah @ CHA.

CHA lost a step in the play-in race relative to BKN. Pretty much a must win here to keep the heat on the idiots. BTW, for those waiting for me to change my perspective on BKN future now that the mandate has been lifted, you'll be waiting for eternity. The mandate retraction only adds to the demise coming BKN's way. Remember, Kryrie has been playing WAY more than he ever has played even missing half his games this year. Time for another work stoppage for him for whatever reason. How apropos will it be now that all the pieces are finally in place and the wheels come off in BKN yet again. Please sit back and enjoy the show.

NYK @ MIA (-5.5)

Sorry Knicks fans. You're in for a brow beating after MIA has been MIA these last few games and especially with all the antics from MIA's last game acting like middle schoolers on the playground. You're the scapegoat. Wouldn't be surprised if MIA wins by 50. Little surprised betting line is that tight. Checking injury report lots of day-to-day's (Robinson, Herro, Butler, Tucker & Martin) and a couple of outs (Oladipo and Gabe Vincent??) Looking like MIA will be the big seed going home in the first round if this keeps up.

PHI (-5.5) @ LAC - Who knows on this one. Little better chance of PHI losing this one if the real LAC's show up. Clips have nothing to play for. They are actually locked on 8th place with large gaps in the loss column on either side, 6 above them to 7th, 4 below them to 9th. But you'll have to stay up late to see this one completed. PHI is reaching their peak of winning games. Time for the losing to start and buyer's remorse to reach its feverish pitch. Saddle up the Harden Horse for the ensuing ride out of town. Games are getting big from here on out. Time for Harden to find that rock to hide behind. That being said, PHI will win this one. Might not beat the spread but they will win. No moving up for us tonight sitting idle. As usual, I hope I'm wrong. Just don't see the impetus.

Tomorrow's game...well let's wait on those picks until after tonight's games are done!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:23 am

It was pointed out to me last night by Steve3344 that #3 is the worst place to be if you're a top half playoff team because you are only likely to get one home court advantage, just like with #4, but #3 is likely to play Brooklyn in the 1st round and that is to be avoided if possible.

Therefore, I am perfectly happy Philly has now leapfrogged us into 3rd.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:47 am

Bobh,

I'm actually wanting BKN in the first round so EVERYONE else in the world can have a glass of shut the hell up and send BKN into the season-ending, playoff-ending nuclear option that will be immediately following.

dboss is right. We have absolutely no one to fear and the idiots in BKN are no exception. At some point, Steve Nash is going to have to come into play with something creative beyond just giving the ball to Kryrie and/or KD. Steve is an idiot. I could coach the Nets to the finals.

To move 3 games up with 9 games left is next to impossible even if you go 9-1. You see how difficult it has been for us to move up. When we started tracking this we were 5 games back over a month ago. TOR ain't givin' up jack.

Do not, repeat, do not get caught up in all the media hype with BKN. They are not going ANYWHERE but back home to BKN to watch the playoffs unfold. Oz has spoken!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:41 am

Bobh and db

There is no real leap frogging going on. That is just a mirage.

The Celtics are going to the top of the mountain.  There is virtually no distinction between 2,3 and 4th with respect to the actual standings.  I figure that both the Bucks and Sixers have been holding on for dear life but they still cannot prevent us from catching them.

The Heat dropped 2 straight and there seems to be some bad energy at work for them. They play Crooklyn on Saturday and the Celtics on Wednesday.

Bucks and Sixers play against each other one more time. By Sunday or Monday we will catch the Sixers and by Wednesday we will catch the Bucks and the Heat.  

The Celtics are not in this thing to just finish the race.  Their goal is to win the race. They are not going to settle for 2nd, 3rd or 4th, nor should they.

Do I got ya'll pumped up enough?

I'm jacked!
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:06 pm

Dude, I'm jacked!! I have NO reason to not believe 100% in what you just wrote. You're like that football coach in the locker room at halftime that when you're done, your team literally goes busting through the door and beats the crap out of everything and everyone in sight. I can't remember. Were you a coach at one time in your life?

Steven A. is saying today the only team that should not fear BKN in the first round is Boston. MIL, Heat and PHI should all fear BKN in the first round.

Like I've said, someone big is going home in the first round. Only room for 4 in the second round of the East. 5 have a legit claim. Someone doesn't get a chair. It won't be us. So you other four, MIL, BKN, MIA and PHI duke it out.

Perk says the two things I've been saying among other things. BKN - no defense and an untested coach are going to be what keeps BKN from ECF. That's why I now want BKN in the first round. Bring BS. IT WILL NOT MATTER. I want Boston to knock them out via STEAMROLL SWEEP. But it's time to put BKN out to pasture and enter the nuclear codes.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:54 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Dude, I'm jacked!!  I have NO reason to not believe 100% in what you just wrote.  You're like that football coach in the locker room at halftime that when you're done, your team literally goes busting through the door and beats the crap out of everything and everyone in sight.  I can't remember.  Were you a coach at one time in your life?  

Steven A. is saying today the only team that should not fear BKN in the first round is Boston.  MIL, Heat and PHI should all fear BKN in the first round.  

Like I've said, someone big is going home in the first round.  Only room for 4 in the second round of the East.  5 have a legit claim.  Someone doesn't get a chair.  It won't be us.  So you other four, MIL, BKN, MIA and PHI duke it out.    

Perk says the two things I've been saying among other things.  BKN - no defense and an untested coach are going to be what keeps BKN from ECF.  That's why I now want BKN in the first round.  Bring BS.  IT WILL NOT MATTER. I want Boston to knock them out via STEAMROLL SWEEP.  But it's time to put BKN out to pasture and enter the nuclear codes.    

db  
DB, you are too funny and thank you for saying what I want to say (sans Stephen A) but will not say because if I dare do say I’m afraid It’ll jinx the green. But you keep on with ya bad self!!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:51 pm

Heat lose again...A gift from the NYK
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:34 pm

Brian Robb @BrianTRobb
56 minutes ago
After the Heat loss to the Knicks tonight, the Celtics are just one game back of the No. 1 seed and are officially in control of their own destiny when it comes to East seeding.

Bob
MY NOTE: we play Miami one more time.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:00 am

Fu(k Pat Riley!!!!!!!

This collapse is perfect, I saw this coming when we wiped out Miami in the first game we played them and they were rolling early then, and we didn’t even know what we were doing. Styles make fights, knew back then we had their number. They have no one to take over a 4th quarter of a tight game, Jimmy Butler has already proved he’s not that guy that can carry a franchise. Team full of Antoine Walkers, can get you to the playoffs, but then you’ll get your ass kicked. Sorry Pat, keep on trying to sign the Duncan Robinson’s and Max Strus’s, team full of mirage players.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:19 pm

Two other surprising wins last night were the Hawks beating GSW and the Hornets taking out the Jazz.

How does those wins impact us.  Well those wins keep the 9th and 10th seeds close to the Nets for 8th place.  One game back for Hornets and 2 games back for the Hawks.

Today's key games are:

Pacers @ Raptors
Bulls @ Cavs
Nets @ Heat
Bucks @ Grizzlies

I'm going with the Raptors at home overs Pacers.

Both the Bulls and Cavs have been struggling.  I am going to take the Cavs tonight.  

The Heat have lost 3 straight games.  They miss the scoring punch that Tyler Herro provides.  If the Nets can beat their zone defenses they will win this game.

Bucks on the road and no Ja again.  Bucks have been playing well 8-2 but same with the Grizzlies.  I am taking Memphis because db previously advised me that they can win without Ja.

Last edited by dboss on Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:24 pm

It would be remiss for me not to mention the 'little guy'

IT played in the closeout minutes last night for the Hornets. Overall he went 4-6 from the field for 9 points and also had 2 steals. Too bad our roster fillers are not on IT's level even though IT has declined overall.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:34 pm

Here's the rest of our schedule, before any games 3/28/22:

2/27 @ Indiana - LOSS
3/1 vs Atlanta - WIN
3/3 vs Memphis - WIN
3/6 vs Brooklyn - WIN
3/9 @ Charlotte - WIN
3/11 vs Detroit - WIN
3/13 vs Dallas - LOSS
3/16 @ Golden State - WIN
3/18 @ Sacramento - WIN
3/20 @ Denver - WIN
3/21 @ Oklahoma City - WIN
3/23 vs Utah - WIN
3/27 vs Minnesota
3/28 @ Toronto
3/30 vs Miami
4/1 vs Indiana
4/3 vs Washington
4/6 @ Chicago
4/7 @ Milwaukee
4/10 @ Memphis

2 more b2bs. One Away/Away, one Home/Away.  The Minny/Toronto home/away and Chicago/Milwaukee away/away b2bs will be brutal.  Tomorrow is the Minny game.

4 Home,  4 Away.  3 of those 4 remaining Away games are part of b2bs.

Only 2 of those 8 games are vs teams that aren't playing for playoff seeding, not even the play-in (Indiana, Washington). The rest all have something to prove and/or gain.

This means that 6 out of our remaining 8 games are against competitive teams.

We have gone 10-2 in our last 12 games, 9-1 in our last 10. Only Phoenix has gone 9-1 in their last 10.

Our last 3 games of the season are all on the road against very good teams.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:47 pm

Before any games start, 3/26/22

Rank.........Team..................# Losses
1..............Miami .................27
2..............Milwaukee...........27
3..............Philadelphia.........27
4..............Boston..............28
5..............Chicago..............31
6..............Cleveland............31
7..............Toronto...............32
8..............Brooklyn.............35
9..............Charlotte............36
10............Atlanta...............37

We are 1/2 game out of the #2 spot, and 1 game out of #1.  It is appearing more and more like Jimmy Butler and Eric Spoelstra are locked in mortal combat.

We now own the tiebreakers with Miami, Cleveland and Brooklyn.

8 games left for us.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next