cowens/oldschool
bobheckler
dboss
15 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Chasing them down - Page 10 Empty Re: Chasing them down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:23 pm

I am of the firm belief that Jaylen is vaccinated and ready to go.  If you listen to his interviews, the fact that he was unable to play last year in the playoffs ate him alive. It was so hard on him.
He is just not releasing this information to you, me or anyone else. The union representative in him is the reason he answers the way he does.  I could never imagine Jaylen sitting out games in Toronto because of a shot.  Whether he got it right away or not is moot.  This kid wants to win, period.  Let's stop this conjecture now. It is unfair.  

Kyrie made this a public subject and used his union status to hide.  He is the reason his team is in the fight of it's life right now.  Had he played.......they would have won many more games and not be stuck fighting for a playoff spot.  He is a different person than Jaylen.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:24 am

Well, early reading indicates Ja Morant is back and MEM blew out the hapless NOP including a 55-point 3rd quarter.  

Looks like TOR here we come.  SOAB!!  All that hard work turning things around and we draw the hottest team in the NBA going into the playoffs down RWIII.  Well, we may not see him until next season.  WTF!!!  I'm really po'ed.  

db

P.S. Vegas has us respectfully BOS(-2.5). Not much hope but maybe just enough.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:03 am

Looks like the Bucks are trying to throw today's game to avoid likely BKN in the first round. GA and CM both are day-to-day without explanation and Brook Lopez is "not likely to play today due to back injury maintenance." CLE (-8.0)...REALLY?! They are the first game today out of the shoot as well @ 3:30pm. We don't play until 7:00pm.

Of course PHI has the easiest game today @ home vs. our nemesis DET. PHI (-12.5).

If we all three lose or all three win, everything stays the same. We come in 3rd.

Clearly, if we win and other two lose, we come in second.

If we win and PHI wins and MIL loses, we still get 2nd.

If we win and MIL wins and PHI loses, we get 3rd.

If we lose, and PHI and MIL win, we get 4th.

If we lose and PHI loses and MIL wins, we get 3rd.

If we lose and PHI wins and MIL loses, I'm not sure how it goes.

Check my math. I'm pretty sure this is right but there may be one or more off. Interesting nonetheless.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:58 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Well, early reading indicates Ja Morant is back and MEM blew out the hapless NOP including a 55-point 3rd quarter.  

Looks like TOR here we come.  SOAB!!  All that hard work turning things around and we draw the hottest team in the NBA going into the playoffs down RWIII.  Well, we may not see him until next season.  WTF!!!  I'm really po'ed.  

db

P.S.  Vegas has us respectfully BOS(-2.5).  Not much hope but maybe just enough.  

They may be hot but we’re better. Fret not my friend.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:04 pm

Here we are Celtics fans.

The Bucks are at the Cavs.  If the Bucks lose this game it is a clear indication that they are a punk team.  They have everybody and their grandma out.  

The Nets should win their game.

It seems to me that Boston has a more solid case to avoid the Nets.  I believe that if RW was healthy for the 1st round it would be a different take.  

I'll be flipping through games all day.

Will the Celtics go after the win?  

The Sixers also tip off at 7 PM   Will they actually try to beat Detroit?
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:29 pm

Yeah, Ktron, I still feel the way you do, but it's the difference between a 4-game first round (CHI) and a 7-game 1st round vs. TOR and a much higher risk of us not making it.

dboss, it does look like the Bucks are tanking to avoid BKN. Up to almost a 30 point lead in the first half. Only way Bucks play BKN (assuming BKN comes in as 2nd seed or make it out of the play-in) is if BOS and PHI lose as well via the everything stays the same scenario. Smart way to play it if you are chicken-shoot.

Good chance we lose tonight and PHI wins. With MIL loss, we get 2nd or 4th, no 3rd.

At this point, I say we go for it and beat the crap out of MEM and then sweep BKN. MEM really doesn't need the game but they are putting it under the guise of getting some much needed PT for the starting 5 since they haven't played together all season evidently. It's a dangerous situation for both teams with the Celtics needing the win more and MEM not going to roll over.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by prakash Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:49 pm

Yes, looks like the race to avoid Brooklyn is on. Frankly I wouldn’t mind it at all if the Celts get the #2 seed. Being on BKN if it is to be so. Any team aspiring for a championship can’t be afraid of facing any other team.

prakash

Back to top Go down

Post by willjr Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:37 pm

dbrown4 said: “If we all three lose or all three win, everything stays the same. We come in 3rd”.

The Bucks have already spit the bit, the Sixers are reportedly sitting Embiid and Harden, so I think we should allow our deep bench guys a chance to stretch their legs. Go Ja!
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:48 pm

Nice, willjr!! Looks like it's up to Ime to tank us today!! It would serve the Bucks right to get BKN possibly and PHI to get TOR.

Very interesting game tonight, then, and tone will be set. I'm not too worried if Ime tanks us as well. MEM is quitting as well but for other reasons. If we come out and beat the crap out of MEM, Ime clearly wants BKN and Celtics will gentlemanly sweep them.

PHI and MIL saying to Boston 2nd place is yours if you want it. They don't want any part of BKN. Will we have to do the East dirty work? We'll see. Again very interesting moves. A lot of gamesmanship going on underneath the surface.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:39 pm

Best case now both Celts and Sixers lose.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:02 pm

Since when do World Champions duck ANY team? Since now!!
The Bucks lose on purpose to avoid the Nets, The Bucks Duck sucks.
Buck the Fcks!!!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by prakash Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:40 pm

Ktron wrote:Since when do World Champions duck ANY team?

They didn’t. The Celts won today. Did I miss something?

Oh, you were talking about LAST YEAR’S Champions!  That is just so last year Ktron.

prakash

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:01 am

Looks like Ime is chosen BKN as our first round opponent.

Actually, that speaks VOLUMES to the rest of the East for Ime and Brad's plans for the next 5-7 years.  I hope the rest of the league and the West are to dumb to decipher it.  

By playing our starters, and Ime flat out said it in post game interviews, he said we want home court as long as we can have it, get the players some run time sans Williams, etc.  All the coach-speak.  What he didn't say was between the lines.  

Ime just told the rest of the league by starting his guys when he didn't need to and probably would have wound up having to play TOR if we tanked the last game, that the rest of the East, in particular MIL and PHI (and soon to be BKN as I have a theory) that at least for now and going forward, no one but Boston will be coming out of the East for the foreseeable future.  Champions don't try to position themselves to have the easier opponent in the playoffs. They relish in the challenge.  

Hold your horses, too, on a BOS v. BKN first round series as well.  BKN knows they just got their worst nightmare draw vs. us.  We can and will crush them like a grape. While I hope we play BKN in the first round and completely expose them because once the shooting goes, they have NOTHING.  Certainly no defense even with BS....PLEASE bring on BS!!  And with Kryrie and KD having to actually play hardcore defense for 48 minutes, their poor little spindly legs are going to turn to noodles midway through the 3rd quarter in each game.  

I'm going to predict with great accuracy and IMHBAO that BKN tanks tomorrow to get to the Heat, who they will crush.  If BKN wants to get out of the 1st round, they have to tank tomorrow.  We will sweep them via gentlemanly or full-on.  Playoff basketball is about three things and three things only.  Exposure, exploitation and defense.

If BKN is brave enough to win tomorrow, which they aren't, they will be exposed for the frauds that they are, BS or no BS.  

Now the fact that BKN has been hinting BS may be back for the first round is because of the possibility of this matchup alone.  They don't need him for MIA. They'll outshoot MIA.

If Steve Nash wants to have any chance of extending his coaching career, he'll tank tomorrow.  Probably going anyway, but at least this will give him some hope!

But don't get me wrong. I'm hoping hubris in BKN (I know, don't repeat myself) takes over and they crush CLE tomorrow.

You heard it here first.  

No further questions, your honor.  You may step down.          

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:14 am

Hi,
I think that if BKN wins tomorrow and puts BS in against us it'll be a gift to the Celtics.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:07 pm

I'm with you, sinus007. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE put BS in!! I'm BEGGING you, Steve!!!

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:29 pm

If Ime had pull the team back yesterday it would have sent the wrong message.  At least that is what I gathered from his interview and post game comments from players.

Hard to argue with that.  In the end we would have traded the 2nd seed for the 4th seed.  We can guarantee home court in the first two rounds and since I think the Heat will be extinguished, we could end up with home court throughout the EC playoffs.

I was not sure what Ime was going to do.  The Celtics knew at tip off that the World Champion Bucks did not act like champions.  They are clearly afraid.  

The Celtics did not blink.  With eyes wide open they went out there and took the 2nd seed.

I must admit that I was surprised that the Bucks crapped out.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:00 pm

prakash wrote:

Oh, you were talking about LAST YEAR’S Champions!  That is just so last year Ktron.

Its not so last year Prakash and its not about the C’s. The Bucks are still the champs until someone this year or whenever beats them. Again if your the champs why would you avoid playing a 7th seed team? Real Champs don’t run or even give off the perception that they’re trying to avoid any team…unless they lack confidence or just plain scary.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by prakash Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:51 pm

Ktron wrote:
prakash wrote:

Its not so last year Prakash and its not about the C’s.  The Bucks are still the champs until someone this year or whenever beats them. Again if your the champs why would you avoid playing a 7th seed team? Real Champs don’t run or even give off the perception that they’re trying to avoid any team…unless they lack confidence or just plain scary.

Was just messing Ktron!

prakash

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:31 pm

prakash wrote:
Ktron wrote:
prakash wrote:

Its not so last year Prakash and its not about the C’s.  The Bucks are still the champs until someone this year or whenever beats them. Again if your the champs why would you avoid playing a 7th seed team? Real Champs don’t run or even give off the perception that they’re trying to avoid any team…unless they lack confidence or just plain scary.

Was just messing Ktron!
LOL. My bad

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:24 pm

Dboss…..your granddaughter is growing so fast!! She is a little doll.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10