cowens/oldschool
bobheckler
dboss
15 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Chasing them down - Page 8 Empty Re: Chasing them down

Post by Ktron Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:22 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Nevermind, dboss.  Everyone but MS out of starting line up per ESPN.  I was going to take the other side but this will be a miracle game if we win it.  Not ruling it out, but highly unlikely.  Sorry I could not bring you a 10-game winning streak!!  Got close a couple of times!  This will have to wait until next season.  

Media happy now...Back to the kiddie table.

db      

DB, Who and which media outlet or persons is happy now?

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:54 am

ESPN mainly.  I should probably broaden my horizons!  The top headline this am is to our demise regarding RWIII, not what we've accomplished.

Stephen A. has been adding us gradually to his talking points.  But it is all very guarded.  He can't go all in with the Celtics since he's clearly in the tank with the Nets since he abandoned the Knicks, and deservedly so.  

Down here in NC if you are an NC State fan, you are also more than likely an ABC fan...Anybody but Carolina. (Tar Heels).  In the NBA, no one but Celtics fans love the Celtics.  All those fans other, including media, are ABC fans...Anybody But the Celtics.  

Now Perk and Tim Legler have been jumping on board lately, but all will jump all over this injury as basically the end of the run.  We'll have news for them.  Theis will step up.  Everyone else will fill in.  It will be like nothing happened.  Yeah, there won't be high flying sneaky dunks, or delayed blocks, but you aren't going to get those in the playoffs anyway.  

Drive For Show, Putt For Dough.  Defense is still the name of the game.  Nothing has changed there.  Let's watch what happens tomorrow in Boston and see how much, if any, has been lost. This team clearly surprised us before. They can and will do it again.  

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:01 pm

The Eastern conference let out a collective sigh of relief when news about Rob's injury hit the airwaves.

Teams win championships when they have great chemistry and workable schemes.  The players are unique with respect to their skills and impactful in roles that suit them well.

NBA playoffs are a very competitive event and if a team losses a key component they rarely are able to compensate for that loss.

db I do not share your optimism that Theis or anyone else can fill the gap.  I would caution anyone who watched the impressive Theis performance last night, not to equate it with the notion that we can just move on.  Afterall, an above average performance against a team that starts Pascal Siacam at center may not be the best barometer for what lies ahead.  Or maybe it is.  Pascal had a 40/13 night.  He scored in the post at will.  RW is the only guy on this team that can prevent that from happening.

We need Robert Williams to make a deep playoff run.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:26 pm

After tonight's game between the Bucks and Philly we will be back in 3rd place.

I am taking the Sixer at home vs the Bucks but only because Giannis is listed as day to day.

The two other note worthy games are:

Bulls @ Wizards

Chicago needs to win this game. The Wizards could care less but they are coming off of 2 straight wins including one against GSW. If the bulls can not win this game it says a lot about who they are and who they are not. They are in a virtual tied with the Raptors for 5th place. I think Bulls will win.

Pistons @ Nets

The Nets are big favorites but the Pistons are the type of team that can beat any team. However the Pistons will be without their top scorer in Jerami Grant so I see the Nets winning.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:27 pm

dbrown4 wrote:ESPN mainly.  I should probably broaden my horizons!  The top headline this am is to our demise regarding RWIII, not what we've accomplished.

Stephen A. has been adding us gradually to his talking points.  But it is all very guarded.  He can't go all in with the Celtics since he's clearly in the tank with the Nets since he abandoned the Knicks, and deservedly so.  

Down here in NC if you are an NC State fan, you are also more than likely an ABC fan...Anybody but Carolina. (Tar Heels).  In the NBA, no one but Celtics fans love the Celtics.  All those fans other, including media, are ABC fans...Anybody But the Celtics.  

Now Perk and Tim Legler have been jumping on board lately, but all will jump all over this injury as basically the end of the run.  We'll have news for them.  Theis will step up.  Everyone else will fill in.  It will be like nothing happened.  Yeah, there won't be high flying sneaky dunks, or delayed blocks, but you aren't going to get those in the playoffs anyway.  

Drive For Show, Putt For Dough.  Defense is still the name of the game.  Nothing has changed there.  Let's watch what happens tomorrow in Boston and see how much, if any, has been lost.  This team clearly surprised us before.  They can and will do it again.    

db
DB, It really comes down to perspective. most hardcore fans of all teams believe that they are slighted by the media. If one listens and watches enough the discovery that most of the media types are front runners may bring some comfort.
For the life of me I don’t know why anyone would use any of Stephen A’s take as a gauge. He is one of the last ones I would pay attention too. His front running is criminal. I prefer to hear a ex-players take because they’ve been there, on the floor and in the locker room. I discount ex-players that shoot out hot takes to build a new career behind and there are a few.
In general there’s just as many Celtics haters as there are Laker and Heat etc. haters.
Personally, I really don't care who hates the Celtics or who may or may not be bias when it comes to our team. By now we should all know the real reasons behind the hate. They have their favorites and we have ours. The only people that are really out to get us is the other team.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:50 pm

Very wise, sage advice and very true, Ktron.

I think I like Stephen A. because again, it's kinda like NASCAR, I'm watching it for the ensuing wreck.  I think he has gotten himself in a pickle going all-in on BKN since he jumped ship on the Knicks.  And by jump ship I mean left the universe!  

Now if BKN goes out in or before the 1st round as I am on record as predicting and he's all-in, he's going to have to do some damage control.  With a person that has his arguments so tight and the questions so precise (which we all know he controls, sets up and does ALL the questions on First Take), and you start getting personal like he has with the Lakers, the Knicks, now BKN and to a certain degree as of late Boston (but now RWIII is injured) he's now madly jumping from ship to ship with no life raft. He should know better than to mix business with pleasure.  

I like him because he's the E in ESPN.  He does his job and he likes what he is doing. He's a loud mouth and he's going around the track at about 200MPH.  We all want to see him have to eat crow.  He'll have to admit he screwed up at some point and come back to reality.  

You had mentioned the front running the media does and you're absolutely right.  Stephen A. does front run and then jumps ship off of each Titanic he's on.  It's just fun to watch. It was really funny when he predicted with great accuracy that the Dallas Cowboys were crap. And they were. The telecast the day after they folded up like a cheap suit with Michael Irving was hilarious.  

So reading between your lines I'm guessing your not a big Perk media fan either?!! haha

All I want is a championship and a little bit of love and respect from those all around us looking in throwing tomatoes at us! I don't ask for much! I'm getting like dboss, though. When I do ask for something, I usually get it!! (Most recent CHA over BKN.) You saw how chicken I was to call last night's game. Now dboss doesn't care about the spread, just who's going to win. If you notice last night, the Celtics did beat the spread, but lost the game. I should have called for us to beat the spread but not the game but I was too chicken! dboss knows what he's talking about for sure, though.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:22 pm

We are seeing the death of the Lakers as we currently know them.  With a loss tonight they will crossover into the territory we all knew was coming...they will be out of the play-in and will probably stay out of the play-in.  They have the 3rd toughest schedule left.  So they are done.    

Then after these last eight games, it will be time to load the nuclear codes.  It will be every man and woman for themselves.  In this game of musical chairs or pass the unpinned hand grenade until the yellow cake goes off there will be very few if any seats left at the table.  Palinka?  Gone.  Vogel?  Gone.  Westbrook?  Gone.  Lebron or AD?  Gone.  At least one of those two is going.  Lebron may be the only one left with a chair.  And I'm not sure the Lakers want him either at 38 because the injuries next season will be legion.

Well, that will give the media much more material for an eternity.  More than they could ever want.  

What would be the ultimate insult to injury is to have us somehow win the championship in June.  Not only would that put us back in the real lead, but we're on the edge of a dynasty and the Lakers will be nowhere in sight for the next 5-7 years.  Not quite ready to ask for that until we see how the RWIII situation plays out, but I'm thinking about it!  Patience, jackass, patience.  

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:37 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Very wise, sage advice and very true, Ktron.

I think I like Stephen A. because again, it's kinda like NASCAR, I'm watching it for the ensuing wreck.  I think he has gotten himself in a pickle going all-in on BKN since he jumped ship on the Knicks.  And by jump ship I mean left the universe!  

Now if BKN goes out in or before the 1st round as I am on record as predicting and he's all-in, he's going to have to do some damage control.  With a person that has his arguments so tight and the questions so precise (which we all know he controls, sets up and does ALL the questions on First Take), and you start getting personal like he has with the Lakers, the Knicks, now BKN and to a certain degree as of late Boston (but now RWIII is injured) he's now madly jumping from ship to ship with no life raft.  He should know better than to mix business with pleasure.    

I like him because he's the E in ESPN.  He does his job and he likes what he is doing.  He's a loud mouth and he's going around the track at about 200MPH.  We all want to see him have to eat crow.  He'll have to admit he screwed up at some point and come back to reality.  

You had mentioned the front running the media does and you're absolutely right.  Stephen A. does front run and then jumps ship off of each Titanic he's on.  It's just fun to watch.  It was really funny when he predicted with great accuracy that the Dallas Cowboys were crap.  And they were.  The telecast the day after they folded up like a cheap suit with Michael Irving was hilarious.   

So reading between your lines I'm guessing your not a big Perk media fan either?!!  haha

All I want is a championship and a little bit of love and respect from those all around us looking in throwing tomatoes at us!  I don't ask for much!  I'm getting like dboss, though.  When I do ask for something, I usually get it!!  (Most recent CHA over BKN.) You saw how chicken I was to call last night's game.  Now dboss doesn't care about the spread, just who's going to win.  If you notice last night, the Celtics did beat the spread, but lost the game.  I should have called for us to beat the spread but not the game but I was too chicken!  dboss knows what he's talking about for sure, though.  

db
DB, I actually like Perk. He knows the game and is quite bright. Yeah, he does spit out hot takes at times that make you wonder but overall I think he does a good job. Its funny because the networks came after him. According to him, he was really focusing on getting into coaching. He tweeted something and FOX Sports asked him to come on and it took off from there.
I’m not sure if I agree that Stephen A has that much control of the show. He does have quite a bit but you can bet that the suits at ESPN may have given him the combination to the lock but hold on to their ability to change it at any time. They rarely give up total control.
He does create a buzz and makes stupid money which fattens the pockets of the network. Numbers slippage or a hot controversy could have him promoted to a viewer quicker than you can say Stephen A.
I’m sure he doesn't mind eating crow. It gets people talking especially the folks that hate him. I thought his weekly videos poking fun at the Cowboys was a bit unprofessional and juvenile and I’m a Cowboy hater. Some sell their souls for millions and he and Skip are 2 of the biggest culprits. I take neither one serious. Dan Patrick? Yes. Cowherd? Yes but those 2? Clowns.
You’ve been pretty right about your predictions so keep on. I cant wait until the Faux mighty fall flat on their face.
PS. Dboss takes credit but he steals all his ideas and predictions from me. LOL (just kidding) He’s D Boss-no doubt.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:50 pm

dbrown4 wrote:We are seeing the death of the Lakers as we currently know them.  With a loss tonight they will crossover into the territory we all knew was coming...they will be out of the play-in and will probably stay out of the play-in.  They have the 3rd toughest schedule left.  So they are done.    

Then after these last eight games, it will be time to load the nuclear codes.  It will be every man and woman for themselves.  In this game of musical chairs or pass the unpinned hand grenade until the yellow cake goes off there will be very few if any seats left at the table.  Palinka?  Gone.  Vogel?  Gone.  Westbrook?  Gone.  Lebron or AD?  Gone.  At least one of those two is going.  Lebron may be the only one left with a chair.  And I'm not sure the Lakers want him either at 38 because the injuries next season will be legion.

Well, that will give the media much more material for an eternity.  More than they could ever want.  

What would be the ultimate insult to injury is to have us somehow win the championship in June.  Not only would that put us back in the real lead, but we're on the edge of a dynasty and the Lakers will be nowhere in sight for the next 5-7 years.  Not quite ready to ask for that until we see how the RWIII situation plays out, but I'm thinking about it!  Patience, jackass, patience.  

db
I agree we are right on the edge of continuous post season success. Its impossible for me to express my elation and joy over the Demise of the Lose Angeles Lakers. I hate em more than any sports team in history. They let LeBron hold them hostage and now that the team is folding up like a bad hand in poker, Don’t be surprised if LeBron doesn’t take his folding chair and ball elsewhere. You do know that he invented Hip Hop don’t t u? I would bet he’s looking right now for a way to get out of there and find another team where he can take credit for a championship. Ain’t happening though. His run is done!
As for the team? Done. The Purple and Old are finished!!

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by willjr Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:37 pm

Ktron wrote:
dbrown4 wrote:We are seeing the death of the Lakers as we currently know them.  With a loss tonight they will crossover into the territory we all knew was coming...they will be out of the play-in and will probably stay out of the play-in.  They have the 3rd toughest schedule left.  So they are done.    

db
I agree we are right on the edge of continuous post season success. Its impossible for me to express my elation and joy over the Demise of the Lose Angeles Lakers. I hate em more than any sports team in history. They let LeBron hold them hostage and now that the team is folding up like a bad hand in poker, Don’t be surprised if LeBron doesn’t take his folding chair and ball elsewhere. You do know that he invented Hip Hop don’t t u? I would bet he’s looking right now for a way to get out of there and find another team where he can take credit for a championship. Ain’t  happening though. His run is done!
As for the team? Done. The Purple and Old are finished!!

Ktron=A man after my own heart!
I am a Laker Hater and a Lebron strongly dis-liker!
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:46 am

All good points, Ktron.  I'd like to see nothing left in LaLaLand in a few weeks.    

Buyer's Remorse and rigor mortis (absolutely perfect word to describe the scene...look it up!) have now officially set in in Philly.  

Last night showed Philly fans what's coming in the 4th quarter when it counts the most with their latest, got to have a title this year acquisition.  IMHBAO, that was about as horrendous a 4th quarter you could have if you're James Harden.  He maybe had one 3 and one assist.  But the brick at the end preceded by the hot potato 'no you take the ball" shenanigans that forced Embiid to get off a very contested shot against Brooke Lopez should be enough to send Gigantic 8.0+ Richter Scale shock waves throughout the Philly organization.

And to point out, Harden had a very good game.  Almost a 3D!  So did Embiid.  How does that not work?!!  He's just never going to be a closer.  Looks like he and BS have the same Yips disease.  Choke under pressure, whatever you want to call it. In most cases, you can't teach an old dog new tricks.  

Is Elton Brand still up there?  Ah yes, he is.  You know where I'm going.  Might want to dust off the old resume.  You're gonna need it.  Nothing in the way to stop that from going down.  PHI will be gone by the 2nd round.   Should match the level of what will be going on in LaLaLand just a couple of weeks prior.  I've seen enough.  The defense rests.  Wait!  Is that SAC on the phone...You'll take James Harden AND Elton Brand for free?!!!  OK, deal.  With fuel prices so high we can't afford to send them via plane, so they'll be arriving by horse.    

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:14 pm

Elton is still there but these last few moves are on Daryl Morley Safer or whatever his name is.
Yeah he did it not Brand (outside of the dumb Tobias re-up) but you’re right, Brand will end up being a casualty. Like their once famous PA announcer (who I gotta admit was the best) Dave Zinkoff, Elton’s a dead man walking. When’s the last time anyone did anything remotely smart within the organization? 1776?

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:11 am

Yeah I forgot about Darrell Morey Eel.  Yeah, he gone.  That was the one I was trying to think of, the guy that has based his whole career on James Harden's happiness or demise and no one else. Wonder why James is where he's at with no chip?  Look no further than Darrell. We'll have Brad scan over the template of how to clean house.  Better yet, let's hold off on that. The Lakers will have the best template in a couple of weeks.  They'll appreciate that. We at least kept one of ours and put him in a position where he's now thriving.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:01 am

Yeah, with last night's "gift" from the 76ers/DET game, we moved up to 3rd.

We're going to have to delve into this sometime so it might as well start now. If we wind up playing TOR in a 3/6 match-up, there are players allegedly unvaccinated on our team, with the possible litmus test recent game in TOR showing four players not making the trip. This included the 2J's, AH and RWIII.

Can't confirm but 2 of those players have confessed they are vaccinated, JT and AH, I believe. That leaves RWIII, who was injured and was not going to make the trip anyway and JB.

RWIII could or might no be. No way to tell with the injury. The point is Celtic team has not necessarily had to show their vaccinated hand through the season, but if it comes down to a playoff series with TOR, they will have to show by elimination.

Compared to the Kryrie situation where his decision essentially forced him to miss a major portion of the season, ours is not as drastically affected as it is only triggered by playing one team. but will be exposed in a playoff situation.

Now the teams doctors don't have to tell the truth. They can be told to say so-in-so has swelling, etc. and no one is going to questions it.

Anyway, don't jump on my lack of knowledge. I have just merely launched a conspiracy theory unpinned hand grenade idea into our forum which BTW the media is already talking about (positioning/tanking games for favorable playoff 1st round game) and wanted to hear the thoughts on it!

db

P.S. BTW, my thought is the race is so tight that if you try to lose a game for favorable position, you will probably wind up with the grenade in your hands with a very small number of seconds very, very close to zero before blowing up in your face and wind up with BKN or TOR.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:58 am

The 2J's, AH and RWIII all played in Brooklyn on Feb. 24. Likewise on Feb. 08. They couldn't play if they weren't vaccinated, at least in the earlier game and most likely in the latter.

Royal PITA played in his first home game of the season on Feb. 27 after New York City expanded its Covid-19 vaccine exemption. His return to the hardwood in Brooklyn came after New York Mayor Eric Adams announced Thursday he would allow New York-based professional athletes and performers to be exempt from the city’s vaccine mandate for workers.

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401360709

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boston-celtics-brooklyn-nets-2022020817/

Allegedly unvaccinated? Nothing like using unrelated events to create a "rumor" when all the time, the facts are easily found to debunk said rumor. The lame-stream media likes their hot-takes and controversy, true or otherwise. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:16 pm

gyso wrote:The 2J's, AH and RWIII all played in Brooklyn on Feb. 24.  Likewise on Feb. 08.  They couldn't play if they weren't vaccinated, at least in the earlier game and most likely in the latter.

Royal PITA played in his first home game of the season on Feb. 27 after New York City expanded its Covid-19 vaccine exemption.  His return to the hardwood in Brooklyn came after New York Mayor Eric Adams announced Thursday he would allow New York-based professional athletes and performers to be exempt from the city’s vaccine mandate for workers.

Allegedly unvaccinated?  Nothing like using unrelated events to create a "rumor" when all the time, the facts are easily found to debunk said rumor.  The lame-stream media likes their hot-takes and controversy, true or otherwise.  Rolling Eyes

I’m not sure if that NY mandate applied to visiting teams. Adam Silver pointed out the inconsistency of the mandate that applied to folks in NY and not outside of NY, I believe….

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:16 pm

Before any games start, 4/2/22

Rank.........Team..................# Losses
1..............Miami ................28
2..............Milwaukee...........29
3..............Boston..............30
4..............Philadelphia.........30
5..............Chicago..............32
6..............Toronto...............32
7..............Cleveland............35
8..............Brooklyn.............37
9..............Charlotte............37
10............Atlanta...............37

We are 1 1/2 game out of the #1 spot.  1/2 game out of #2.

We now own the tiebreakers with Miami, Cleveland and Brooklyn.  

4 games left for us.

We were 18-21, and in 11th place, out of even the play-in tournament, on January 6th.  We are now 48-30 and one a half games out of first.  That's a 30-9 run, .769, in 86 days.

As of the posting of this the score is 36-28 Philly over Charlotte with 9 left in the 2nd.  If Philly wins they will still be tied with us in the loss column but have one less win.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:27 pm

Ktron wrote:
gyso wrote:The 2J's, AH and RWIII all played in Brooklyn on Feb. 24.  Likewise on Feb. 08.  They couldn't play if they weren't vaccinated, at least in the earlier game and most likely in the latter.

Royal PITA played in his first home game of the season on Feb. 27 after New York City expanded its Covid-19 vaccine exemption.  His return to the hardwood in Brooklyn came after New York Mayor Eric Adams announced Thursday he would allow New York-based professional athletes and performers to be exempt from the city’s vaccine mandate for workers.

Allegedly unvaccinated?  Nothing like using unrelated events to create a "rumor" when all the time, the facts are easily found to debunk said rumor.  The lame-stream media likes their hot-takes and controversy, true or otherwise.  Rolling Eyes

I’m not sure if that NY mandate applied to visiting teams. Adam Silver pointed out the inconsistency of the mandate that applied to folks in NY and not outside of NY, I believe….  
ktro

If I recall it only applied to NY teams.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:51 pm

The Sixers crushed the Hornets earlier today although according to Scalabrine, the Sixers are happy in 4th place.  He said it twice during last night's game.  The Cavs got past the Knicks.

Two games of interest tonight

Nets @ Hawks

No Dragic and no Bruce Brown.  Trae Young, maybe.  These teams are tied at 40-37 but the Nets hold the tiebreaker.  A win by the Hawks tonight pushes the Nets down to 9th place.  I think the Hawks will win.  Also, Seth has a sore ankle.

Heat @ Bulls

This game matters more for the Bulls because they are tied at 45-32 with the Raptors (5th and 6th place)  The Bulls have a challenging remaining schedule beginning tonight at home with the Heat followed by The Bucks, Celtics and Hornets.  They finish the season @ the T'Wolves.  I am going to take the Bulls.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:39 pm

dboss wrote:
Ktron wrote:

ktro

If I recall it only applied to NY teams.  

Just as I thought. Thanks

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:12 pm

Wow, KD with 55 and KI with 31.  86 points between them.

And they lose to Hawks.  Hawks move up to 8 and the Nets slide down to 10th.

Heat smoke Bulls.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:38 pm

There are 12 games on tap today and 4 of them are of interest to me as they impact the EC playoff seeding.

Wizards @ Celtics

The Wizards can do nothing other than spoil somebody's day.  This is our last regular season home game.  Celtics fans have been amazing.  It takes a while for new rotation priorities to become effective.  This team seems to learn from their mistakes.  We need to win this game and we will win this game.  

Mavs @ Bucks

Here we have 2 teams both coming off of blowout losses.  The Bucks are just one game back for the top spot and they look like a team that is well equipped to play anybody.  I am taking them this afternoon to beat the Mavs.

Sixers @ Cavs

I'm through taking the Cavs over a really good team.  

Heat @ Raptors

The Heat have righted their ship and are back in 1st place.  At least for the moment.  The raptors have been playing well but I have little confidence in their ability to make shots from the perimeter.  I'm holding my nose and taking the Heat.

As the regular seasoning is coming to an end, we remain in a unique situation.  The EC has been entertaining with a slew of teams moving up and then down and then back up again.  The top of the conference has one eye on themselves and another eye on the Brooklyn Nets.  The Nets can manage to top off at 44 wins.  They can not go any higher than 7th and will have to be a play in team.  The Nets are not a very good defensive team as the Hawks game proved last night, even huge numbers by their 2 scorers may not get them the W.

There remain several standing altering matchups ahead.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:00 am

The way things stand, BKN deserves nothing. It's clear the teams that are playoff bound are not afraid of "The Duo". ATL certainly isn't. In the end, they are human as well and with that, they are beatable. Maybe more beatable and human than the media world is giving them credit

And as soon as BKN is eliminated in either the play-in tournament or in the 1st round, which, they don't deserve, the nuclear option should come into play. Now they didn't listen last season and hubris will play a huge part in this, but at the very least, Steve Nash has done about as well as you can expect a person with zero coaching experience can do coming into an NBA position...absolutely atrocious. And the ax will swing and end his coaching career in a couple of weeks. Thank God.

What BKN needs is a Phil Jackson. That will get them to the Finals and win it. He's the only one. There is no one else that can handle those monstrous egos. Unfortunately, Phil would probably turn down the job if offered. These 3 clowns plus the organization itself are even WAY over his head. But he's the only option you have. If you can't get him, again, blow up the team.

What looks like would happen if season ended today, Celtics would play the Bulls, which is no easy out sans RWIII, CLE would play the Hawks which I'd go all in on the Hawks. Assuming BKN can put together two winning games, although the Hornets are no easy out either, BKN would beat losing CLE. If the CLE vs. ATL goes the other way, BKN may be done with no invitation to the Big Dance.

But as I've stated numerous times, it will not matter for BKN, BS or not. And although I've called for them, which will be twice now, to get out in front of the blow up beginning last year at this time, they will probably not do anything after bowing out beyond dropping Steve like a bad habit.

It actually may be a good thing to have BKN make the real Dance. Just so BKN management can see what we've all been talking about for well over a year now. Adding BS to the mix ain't going to make it any better. You've replaced one head case for another and are adding him into the mix with to the greatest head case of all time. Jury is still out on KD. He at least keeps his crap on the court. And the one you just got hasn't played in a year with no time table for returning! Lesser of two evils, maybe?

Looks like DAL gave us a lift taking the Bucks to task. Dang, glad DAL isn't in the East. We'd all be dead. Tentatively in 2nd now.

Ime will have a decision to make with the next three games after we totally dismantled WAS and may have figured out the RWIII dilemma in short order. Does Ime want to send a message these last three games that we can still win sans RWIII or does he want to pull in the horns and let the chips fall where they may before the playoffs?

Looks like MIA woke back up after beating us. Going to need some help from TOR today. Didn't happen. Looks like DAL is it for help today. That was enough.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:17 am

Chris Forsberg @ChrisForsberg_
1 hour ago
One week to go. Three games. Here are the Celtics’ current seeding probabilities from @Basketball-Reference: 1: 4.6% 2: 52.1% 3: 27.7% 4: 14.5% 5: 1.1% Nets with only a 36.5% chance to be in 7-8 play-in game that would decide 7th seed (and play No. 2 seed in Round 1)

Bob
MY NOTE:  So we're likely to be the #2, our Magic Number to secure a home court series (i.e. no lower than 4th) is 1.  

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:56 am

If you look at the EC standings you will see that no team 1-10 is currently locked into their current seeding.  It is really a very unusual circumstance.  With 3-4 games remaining there are too many combinations that can alter the standing.

One thing we know for certain is that both the Hornets and Nets are locked into the play in round with 38 losses each.  Neither can climb higher than 7th. The Hawks would have to win their last 4 games to have a shot at the Raptors and the Bulls because they both of those team just need one more win.

The 7th and 8th spots are most important because you get two bites of the apple.  9 and 10 on the other hand are one and done sudden death scenarios.  

I think the team to watch is the Hawks.  They gained valuable experience last year while making to to the EC finals vs the Bucks.  The thing is that I am not totally convinced that they can win on the road (3/4 remaining games)  Anyways, here are my predictions for the 7-10.  

7 Cavs      44-38
8 Nets       43-39
9 Hawks    43-39
10 Hornets 42-40

I see the Nets over the Cavs to secure the 7th seed.  Whichever team finishes at #2 will play the Nets in the first round.

Cavs ( @Magic, @Nets, Bucks)  One Win
Nets  (Rockets, @Knicks, Cavs, Pacers) Three wins
Hawks (@Raptors, Wizards, @Heat, @Rockets) 2 wins
Hornets (@Heat, Magic, @Bulls, Wizards) two wins

Truth be told, this is nothing more or nothing less than trying to see down the rabbit hole.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next