cowens/oldschool
bobheckler
dboss
15 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Chasing them down - Page 9 Empty Re: Chasing them down

Post by dboss Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:02 pm

There are 5 meaningful games on tap tonight.

Sixers @Pacers - Take Pacers
Cavs @Magic - Take Cavs
Rockets @Nets - Take Nets
Hornets @Heat - Take Heat
Bucks @Bulls - Take Bucks
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:33 pm

dboss wrote:There are 5 meaningful games on tap tonight.

Sixers @Pacers -  Take Pacers
Cavs @Magic    -  Take Cavs
Rockets @Nets  -  Take Nets
Hornets @Heat  -  Take Heat
Bucks @Bulls     - Take Bucks

dboss,

Tomorrow night. There are no NBA games scheduled for Monday April 4th.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:07 pm

dbrown4 wrote:The way things stand, BKN deserves nothing.  It's clear the teams that are playoff bound are not afraid of "The Duo".  ATL certainly isn't.  In the end, they are human as well and with that, they are beatable.  Maybe more beatable and human than the media world is giving them credit

And as soon as BKN is eliminated in either the play-in tournament or in the 1st round, which, they don't deserve, the nuclear option should come into play.  Now they didn't listen last season and hubris will play a huge part in this, but at the very least, Steve Nash has done about as well as you can expect a person with zero coaching experience can do coming into an NBA position...absolutely atrocious.  And the ax will swing and end his coaching career in a couple of weeks.  Thank God.    

What BKN needs is a Phil Jackson.  That will get them to the Finals and win it.  He's the only one.  There is no one else that can handle those monstrous egos.  Unfortunately, Phil would probably turn down the job if offered.  These 3 clowns plus the organization itself are even WAY over his head.  But he's the only option you have.  If you can't get him, again, blow up the team.    

What looks like would happen if season ended today, Celtics would play the Bulls, which is no easy out sans RWIII, CLE would play the Hawks which I'd go all in on the Hawks. Assuming BKN can put together two winning games, although the Hornets are no easy out either, BKN would beat losing CLE.  If the CLE vs. ATL goes the other way, BKN may be done with no invitation to the Big Dance.  

But as I've stated numerous times, it will not matter for BKN, BS or not.  And although I've called for them, which will be twice now, to get out in front of the blow up beginning last year at this time, they will probably not do anything after bowing out beyond dropping Steve like a bad habit.

It actually may be a good thing to have BKN make the real Dance.  Just so BKN management can see what we've all been talking about for well over a year now.  Adding BS to the mix ain't going to make it any better.  You've replaced one head case for another and are adding him into the mix with to the greatest head case of all time.  Jury is still out on KD.  He at least keeps his crap on the court.  And the one you just got hasn't played in a year with no time table for returning!  Lesser of two evils, maybe?

Looks like DAL gave us a lift taking the Bucks to task.  Dang, glad DAL isn't in the East.  We'd all be dead.  Tentatively in 2nd now.  

Ime will have a decision to make with the next three games after we totally dismantled WAS and may have figured out the RWIII dilemma in short order.  Does Ime want to send a message these last three games that we can still win sans RWIII or does he want to pull in the horns and let the chips fall where they may before the playoffs?  

Looks like MIA woke back up after beating us.  Going to need some help from TOR today.  Didn't happen.  Looks like DAL is it for help today.  That was enough.        
Phil Jackson?? The lankiest ego maniac to ever enter the NBA coaching ranks? With those circus clowns? Uhh No. There’s not a wheel chair big enough to handle this long tailed white man trapped in a Black mans’ body. Even if there was, which clown will be the first to push his ego centric ass off the Triborough Bridge. Sorry DB, there is a coaching line as long as train smoke ahead of Still Phil. Leave Jackson be. Allow him to sit still on some mountain top never to be seen or heard from again.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:12 pm

bobheckler wrote:
dboss wrote:There are 5 meaningful games on tap tonight.

Sixers @Pacers -  Take Pacers
Cavs @Magic    -  Take Cavs
Rockets @Nets  -  Take Nets
Hornets @Heat  -  Take Heat
Bucks @Bulls     - Take Bucks

dboss,

Tomorrow night.  There are no NBA games scheduled for Monday April 4th.

Bob

Bobh. Yeah...I realized  that around 7 pm tonight. No
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:15 pm

bobheckler wrote:Chris Forsberg @ChrisForsberg_
1 hour ago
One week to go. Three games. Here are the Celtics’ current seeding probabilities from @Basketball-Reference: 1: 4.6% 2: 52.1% 3: 27.7% 4: 14.5% 5: 1.1% Nets with only a 36.5% chance to be in 7-8 play-in game that would decide 7th seed (and play No. 2 seed in Round 1)

Bob
MY NOTE:  So we're likely to be the #2, our Magic Number to secure a home court series (i.e. no lower than 4th) is 1.  

Does this Forsburg dude actually WATCH games and when does he have time outside of fiddling and diddling with his calculator and BB ref. Guides. Mr. Mathnasium, please try and speak like normal people that love watching sports. Sure, the numbers are real but you take all the fun out of it.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:13 am

Before any games start, 4/6/22

Rank.........Team..................# Losses
1..............Miami ................28
2..............Boston..............30
3..............Milwaukee...........30
4..............Philadelphia.........30
5..............Toronto...............33
6..............Chicago..............34
7..............Cleveland............37
8..............Brooklyn.............38
9............Atlanta.................38
10..............Charlotte..........39

We are in a tie for #2.  We play Milwaukee and that will probably be the decider where we end up.  We could go all the way down to #4 if we lose to Milwaukee and Philly wins out.

We now own the tiebreakers with Miami, Cleveland and Brooklyn.  

3 games left for us.

We were 18-21, and in 11th place, out of even the play-in tournament, on January 6th.  We are now 48-30 and one a half games out of first.  That's a 30-9 run, .769, in 86 days.

Final Games To Play

Boston
@Chicago
@Milwaukee
@Memphis

@Chicago/@Milwaukee is a b2b

Milwaukee
Boston
@ Detroit
@ Cleveland

Boston/@Detroit is a b2b.

Philadelphia
@ Toronto
Indiana
Detroit

Indiana/Detroit is a b2b.

So our remaining schedule is tougher (much tougher in my opinion) than either Milwaukee's or Philly's despite all 3 of us having one more b2b to go.  Our opponents are tougher and our b2b is both away. Their b2bs are home/away and home/home and against inferior teams (@Toronto might be tough for Milwaukee).

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:47 pm

Only 3 games left for Boston, Milwaukee and Philly. All 3 at 49-30.

There are 6 days off between the end of the regular season (April 10th, the play in round April 12th-15) and the start of the playoffs on April 16th.

Which team is going to blink? Who really wants the 2nd seed? No team can bitch about needing rest because 6 days off is nice break.

The Celtic can secure the 2nd seed by winning all 3 games. That will be a hard lift but not impossible.

I expect the Celtics to go 1-2 the rest of the way.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:40 am

Line has us BOS (+6) vs. MIL.  That's a blowout.  Don't understand it.  Must be because of RWIII but this team sans him has done very well and now appears to not be missing a beat as CHI just found out.  Grant Williams will relish the challenge as will Theis and Al.  We're great on the road.  MIL will be jacked but we're in that range of you don't know who's going to show up on the court for planning for the playoffs and no unnecessary injuries to ruin a run.  I expect it to be tight but we win in the ultimate head-scratching (not really for us) train-derailing game provided there is no curve ball line up changes.  This game will have playoff atmosphere written all over it.  

I hate to see this team make all this progress and then not finish strong no matter who they are playing.  The media world is now scrambling because their house of cards, which has as one of its kingpin the LA Lakers, is beginning to crumbling.  Up next for execution? You know it! BKN. Now you hear MIL more and more.  A thorough stomping by the Celtics will through the media and MIL into a tailspin.  We're still not on anyone's lips.  Do a quick ESPN headline check...nope, nothing about the Celtics.  7 articles on the right side...Nothing.  Check.

dboss, I'll take us going 3-0 just to make it interesting!

Ktron, you have to look at Phil's body of work and understand he really is the only choice the Lakers have to win a title.  No other coach is going to get those three clowns together but Phil Jackson.  That's the beauty of it.  But what was between the lines was he's never going to do it, for a variety of reasons mainly old age, but the Lakers are looking at what sounds like making a huge mistake just firing Vogel.  He's not the problem.  Talking heads are now saying the Lakers are going to bring EVERYBODY back and run it again...with a new coach. This is blatant Laker hubris. Completely missing the mark. At least BKN dumped Harden and finally moved on. Still ain't gonna help but I digress.  

I'm starting to like this path for the Lakers better than the nuclear option I've been touting.  Let's see, Lebron is going to be one year older coming off another injury riddled season.  Head case Russell Westbrook is going to again try to play 2nd fiddle to Lebron.  Good luck with that.  And AD...the Lakers just need to go ahead and add a paramedic with a stretcher on the end of the bench next season. 30 win season? Let's go with 20 for the 2022-23 campaign easy.  

That's enough to put any team in the 30th slot.  To watch them next season may be more cringe-worthy than this year.  I'll back off if they fire Palinka as well and trade Westbrook.  But if they do what it sounds like they are going to do a couple of days from now, they will blow themselves and the Laker organization back to the Stone Age.  The Laker front office are bigger idiots than I ever gave them credit for.    

A good point was made about LeBron.  He ain't going anywhere with his chance to break Kareem's record as a Laker.  It's funny watching Kareem because he's acting just like you would expect by opening his mouth lately.  He pretty much thought his record would stand forever.  And by opening his mouth on no matter what topic or angle, he's acting jealous.  That's ok.  If I were Kareem, I would have thought my record would never be broken.  I know he apologized recently.  That was a nice cover.  

A lot of miles on the Lebron car.  A LOT.  I don't care who your trainer is or how hard you push conditioning.  He's playing on borrowed time.  Something's gonna break permanently sooner rather than later.  Just ask Shaq.

On to MIL.  

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:35 am

Red on Phil:

“He’s never tried building a team and teaching the fundamentals,” Auerbach said. “When he’s gone in there, they’ve been ready-made for him. It’s just a matter of putting his system in there. They don’t worry about developing players if they’re not good enough. They just go get someone else.”

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:13 am

More than one way to skin a championship. Phil has his place. The way BKN is structured, while it's tailor made for Phil with the overbearing egos, this one would kill him. Kryrie would no longer be part of the team if Phil were there, helping the voiceless or not or whatever reason/excuse he would use for not showing up for work. BS would not have been there either.

Whoever the Lakers bring in, it won't work. Injuries and age never stop. They only get worse and/or older and both inhibit your play the longer your career. The hubris of the Lakers is they think this set-up can get better with a new coach and a new year. Glad we're not that dumb.

Repeat...Palinka, Westbrook and/or AD, Vogel. You have to keep Lebron although he's just as responsible as Palinka for the current players. Lakers only delaying the inevitable of 5-7 years in the doldrums if they run this back next year and only can Vogel. It's coming.

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:10 pm

Games of interest tonight

Magic @Hornets

The Hornets are on the butt end of the Play in seeding.  They still have 3 games remaining.  If they go 3-0 it would make things very interesting in the 7/8 matchup.  I will take them over the Magic tonight.

Sixers @Raptors

As you may have heard, Thybulle is ineligible for the game tonight.  He is probably their top wing defender.  The Raptors continue to be a pain in the ass for everybody.  I am taking them at home to beat the Sixers.

Celtics @Bucks

This is a real tough one to call.  It is the 2nd game of their B2b.  Last night AH, in his postgame interview, hinted that he may not play.  A loss will drop them percentage points below the Bucks into 3rd place and if the Sixers also win the Celtics will drop to 4th.  This remains a very fluid situation.  I am taking the Bucks tonight.  Last night's win secured no lower than 4th for the Celtics.  There is nothing wrong with Boston positioning themselves for a 4/5 matchup although playing Toronto is no picnic.  We still have the Memphis game to play and they have no good reason to role out their top dogs.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:25 pm

dbrown4 wrote:More than one way to skin a championship.  Phil has his place.  The way BKN is structured, while it's tailor made for Phil with the overbearing egos, this one would kill him.  Kryrie would no longer be part of the team if Phil were there, helping the voiceless or not or whatever reason/excuse he would use for not showing up for work.  BS would not have been there either.

Whoever the Lakers bring in, it won't work.  Injuries and age never stop.  They only get worse and/or older and both inhibit your play the longer your career.  The hubris of the Lakers is they think this set-up can get better with a new coach and a new year.  Glad we're not that dumb.

Repeat...Palinka, Westbrook and/or AD, Vogel.  You have to keep Lebron although he's just as responsible as Palinka for the current players.  Lakers only delaying the inevitable of 5-7 years in the doldrums if they run this back next year and only can Vogel.  It's coming.          

db

DB,  Allow me to again disagree on your Phil Jackson take. Of course he’ll never go back there but if he did he would have as much success as he had with the Knicks as GM.- None! I always thought he was overrated before Red even spoke on it. He’s been very fortunate to have had the players that he continually inherited. I’ll give him some credit for winning all of those titles if nothing else, credit for not screwing up a pretty damn good situation. Truth be told, his system wasn’t even his system. The triangle was created by one of his assistants, Tex Winter.
It is my opinion that Vogel should be fired but I didn't think he should’ve been hired in the first place. Ten teams in each conference have a chance in the play-in and playoffs. Injuries not withstanding, that team with that talent even at their ages should have at the very least made the play-in. The year they won the bubblicious championship he too was fortunate to have Lionel Hollis, Jason Kidd and David Fizdale as his assistants. There’s  a few good coaches out there that could coach that team and none of them have the first name of Phil. And Speaking of Fizdale, I think he would be a great choice to coach the Lakers. I don't want him to because he may make them a tiny bit better and I want to see that franchise fold up till me tits up.
Lebron helped put this crap together but it all starts at the top. Jerry Buss died 9 years ago and since then the Fakers have missed the playoffs 7 times. Bad owner, bad management bad team. I’m hoping its Forever.

As for Kareem, I doubt if he’s jealous of Lebron or his record being broken. He’s smart enough and knows the game inside and out. The game is different, his game was different and they both played different positions. All we are looking at his numbers, points scored. Thats it. Kareem’s legacy and accomplishments outshines LeBron scoring title or no.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:35 pm

Upon further observation, despite the +6, Boston has a 57% chance of winning. Go figure. Sounds tough just like dboss says. Again, I just hate to come this far and lose the last two and wind up in 4th.

I'll make it easy for you, dboss. Per ESPN Injury list, Al and JT are out. MS as probable. That'll be a big "L".

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:47 pm

dbrown4 wrote:Upon further observation, despite the +6, Boston has a 57% chance of winning.  Go figure.  Sounds tough just like dboss says.  Again, I just hate to come this far and lose the last two and wind up in 4th.

I'll make it easy for you, dboss.  Per ESPN Injury list, Al and JT are out.  MS as probable.  That'll be a big "L".  

db
Celts played them right to the end.  I am proud of our guys.  Sixers loss so we are in 3rd.  Not bad and a win Sunday secures the 3rd seed.  I think.  We hold tie breaker over Sixers.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:56 pm

dboss wrote:
dbrown4 wrote:Upon further observation, despite the +6, Boston has a 57% chance of winning.  Go figure.  Sounds tough just like dboss says.  Again, I just hate to come this far and lose the last two and wind up in 4th.

I'll make it easy for you, dboss.  Per ESPN Injury list, Al and JT are out.  MS as probable.  That'll be a big "L".  

db
Celts played them right to the end.  I am proud of our guys.  Sixers loss so we are in 3rd.  Not bad and a win Sunday secures the 3rd seed.  I think.  We hold tie breaker over Sixers.

dboss your avatar is awesome. What a happy kid!

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:23 am

The league, in particular the East, has seen all it needs to see with last night's performance.  Provided RWIII comes back on schedule or ahead of time, we just punched our ticket to the ECF and probably the Finals.  

MIL should be about as proud (and as scared) of this victory as BKN was the other night beating the hapless Knicks.  Oddsmakers were spot on.  We almost pulled it out.  

Credit to dboss.  He said we would go 24-6 where I said 27-3.  We've gone 24-6.  Either way, we look REALLY good heading in.  I just have to get dboss to admit that as outlandish as my prediction was vs. his, I was REALLY close to ringing the bell until this last week!!

Would really prefer CHI instead of TOR.  A series vs. TOR looks and sounds like it will go 7 given our RWIII shortage and the way TOR is playing.  And it may not work out for us.
PHI and Doc deserve TOR.  TOR will probably knock them out.  

And that puts an official wrap on James Harden.  Merry Christmas, Philly!!  Simply ignite the corner of the bag and place on your front porch!!  Fun for everyone!!

Some absolutely pedestrian, embarrassing, horrific, PHI fans wanting BS back plays, TO's and shots by Hard-head in the 4th vs. TOR if you watched it.  One air ball and one true brick.  He's atrocious in the big lights.  You really can't teach on old dog new tricks.  If PHI gets TOR, they're done.  Doc, Brand, Morey Eel, Harden...pack your suitcases.  Party's over.  Philly will clean house.    

I don't think anyone wants TOR in the first round.  Far more so than the looks good on paper duo in BKN.

Games left of significance that directly affect us:

4/8 - FRI

MIL @ DET - DET can play the spoiler here, esp. if MIL pulls the troops.  Tough call.  

4/9 - SAT

IND @ PHI - this would be a great monumental loss to drive home the Christmas gift and start Philly fans hurling.  Probably won't happen here but do watch Harden in the 4th.  It's' classic train-wreck television.

4/10 - SUN

MIL @ CLE
DET @ PHI

While MIL and PHI are rewarded with two trash games to finish out, I wouldn't go counting chickens too quickly here.  I see an upset, just don't know where and by who.  I'd go more with DET pulling one or both off since they are such pests.  IND can do it just as well.  All depends on who pulls/doesn't pull the troops first. Delicate balance and risks need to be assessed as close as everything is here.  

So the pickins are a little slim for us depending on others for improvement heading into the weekend, which forces us to win Sunday @ MEM to avoid a long, drawn-out, unpredictable series with TOR.  I'm more afraid of them with us sans RWIII than running into BKN at any point.  Pretty sure if we draw CHI we sweep or gentleman's sweep them.  That's our best option.  

db
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:06 am

bobc33 wrote:
dboss wrote:

db

dboss your avatar is awesome.  What a happy kid!

Thanks bobc33

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:47 am

db

I figure Memphis loss to us in Boston so that may be an incentive for them to show up however, other than evening the score, they have zero incentive to show up.  They are securely locked in at #2.  

I would really like to see us take down one more high end team.  Since we have been without RW we have not beaten any top teams.  

At #3 we would get a series with the Bucks in the 2nd round.  If we came in 4th we would be looking at a 2nd round series vs the Heat.  I really do not think that it matters that much.  Both of those teams will have home court advantage.  Both are really good teams and both of those teams do not want any part of the Celtics in the 2nd round especially if we have a full roster.

The Celtics should go all in on Sunday unless the Sixers lose on Saturday afternoon at home against the Pacers.  The Celtics still have a chance for the second seed if they win on Sunday and the Bucks lose one of their games vs Detroit or the Cavs.  

By the way, I would not want to play the Raptors in the 1st round without RW.  Just saying.  Finishing 4th is not ideal at all.  Let the 26ers play them in round one.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Pumpsie Green Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:13 am

dboss wrote:db

I figure Memphis loss to us in Boston so that may be an incentive for them to show up however, other than evening the score, they have zero incentive to show up.  They are securely locked in at #2.  

I would really like to see us take down one more high end team.  Since we have been without RW we have not beaten any top teams.  

At #3 we would get a series with the Bucks in the 2nd round.  If we came in 4th we would be looking at a 2nd round series vs the Heat.  I really do not think that it matters that much.  Both of those teams will have home court advantage.  Both are really good teams and both of those teams do not want any part of the Celtics in the 2nd round especially if we have a full roster.

The Celtics should go all in on Sunday unless the Sixers lose on Saturday afternoon at home against the Pacers.  The Celtics still have a chance for the second seed if they win on Sunday and the Bucks lose one of their games vs Detroit or the Cavs.  

By the way, I would not want to play the Raptors in the 1st round without RW.  Just saying.  Finishing 4th is not ideal at all.  Let the 26ers play them in round one.

Here's another reason not to want the Raptors in the first round: JB is probably not vaccinated and if he isn't he won't be able to play in Canada. He has consistently declined to state his vaccination status. Not sure we can win that series without Rob and with only half of JB.
Pumpsie Green
Pumpsie Green

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:28 am

Pumpsie Green wrote:

Here's another reason not to want the Raptors in the first round: JB is probably not vaccinated and if he isn't he won't be able to play in Canada. He has consistently declined to state his vaccination status. Not sure we can win that series without Rob and with only half of JB.

Good point.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:56 pm

Pumpsie Green wrote:

Pumps

I am not sure I would characterize Jaylen's vaccination status as probably not.  If people understand HIPPA rules as it relates to privacy then his response to questions about being vaccinated are certainly in keeping with those rules.  We should not assume that he is not vaxed because he will not say so.

As a matter of fact, his statement about being excited and ready to play against any team would lead me to believe that he will be playing in Toronto if they are one of our opponents during the playoffs.

Some Celtics fans and fans in general are under the illusion that they have a right to know.  Even ESPN have asked the Sixers and the Celtics if their players are vaccinated.  They have not been given an answer because it is none of their business and teams are required to protect the privacy of their players.

When some guy cannot play in Toronto (Thybulle) then we will know he was not vaxed.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:06 pm

Jaylen Brown, when asked about his vaccination status regarding playing in Toronto said that he was "prepared to play against anybody".  It has to do with his position as a VP of the Union.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/jaylen-brown-declines-to-address-vaccination-status-e2-80-98it-e2-80-99s-part-of-my-job-description-to-protect-our-players-e2-80-99-rights-and-medical-privacy-e2-80-99/ar-AAVOJr2

Jaylen Brown declines to address vaccination status: ‘It’s part of my job description to protect our players’ rights and medical privacy’

Brian Robb, masslive.com - Sunday

Jaylen Brown declined to comment on his vaccination status on Sunday, citing privacy reasons for players around the NBA in his role as vice president of the NBA Players’ Association.

“Last year, I missed the playoffs,” Brown said after Sunday’s win over the Wizards when asked about his status. “I had a season-ending injury with my wrist. This year, from a competitive standpoint, I’m excited and ready to play against anybody. As a vice president of the player’s association, it’s a part of my job description to protect our players’ rights and our medical privacy so you won’t hear me comment on my status or anybody’s else’s. That’s how I feel about it.”

Canada started to mandate players be fully vaccinated in order to enter the country as of Jan. 15. Brown had missed Monday’s game in Toronto due to right knee soreness, leading to questions about whether the Celtics guard and other players were eligible to play across the border for a potential playoff series against the Raptors.

The Celtics have repeatedly declined to publicly comment on their players’ vaccination status this year.

“I know what you’re getting at, obviously, with this,” Brad Stevens told Toucher and Rich on 98.5 The Sports Hub last week when asked about the eligibility issue. “As an organization we’ve said from day one, we’re not going to comment on our team vaccination status or individual vaccination status. … I feel like our job is to make sure that we continue to educate and make sure to keep everybody abreast of those changes, and the NBA has done a great job of that, all across the league.

“Anyways, I know that’s not, probably, the exact answer you’re looking for, but that’s where we stand and that’s all I really have to say about it.”

Brown also said at Celtics media day back in October that receiving a vaccine was a personal choice.

“I have my own thoughts about it but I respect my teammates’ decisions and things like that,” Brown said. “I know everybody has their own opinion about it but I think it’s a personal choice.”

Brown entered NBA’s health and safety protocols back in October. His teammate Al Horford also missed the game in Toronto last week due to personal reasons but said on Wednesday that Canada’s vaccine mandate would not impact him from playing in a potential playoff series.

“We’re clear on that. I’ll be ready to play wherever,” Horford said.

Jayson Tatum (knee) and Rob Williams (knee) also missed Monday’s game in Toronto for injury reasons. Tatum confirmed back in October he is vaccinated and ESPN reported that Rob Williams is vaccinated as well, although he will unlikely be available for a first round series as he recovers from surgery after suffering a torn meniscus last week. All of Boston’s other players were with the team for Monday’s game in Toronto, confirming they have all been vaccinated after being allowed to play in Canada.

The Celtics are currently the No. 2 seed in the Eastern Conference after defeating the Wizards on Sunday afternoon but are just a game ahead of the fourth-seeded 76ers. The Toronto Raptors are currently the No. 5 seed, a half-game ahead of the Chicago Bulls in the East playoff standings.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:41 pm

bobheckler wrote:Jaylen Brown, when asked about his vaccination status regarding playing in Toronto said that he was "prepared to play against anybody".  It has to do with his position as a VP of the Union.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/jaylen-brown-declines-to-address-vaccination-status-e2-80-98it-e2-80-99s-part-of-my-job-description-to-protect-our-players-e2-80-99-rights-and-medical-privacy-e2-80-99/ar-AAVOJr2

Jaylen Brown declines to address vaccination status: ‘It’s part of my job description to protect our players’ rights and medical privacy’

Brian Robb, masslive.com - Sunday

Jaylen Brown declined to comment on his vaccination status on Sunday, citing privacy reasons for players around the NBA in his role as vice president of the NBA Players’ Association.

“Last year, I missed the playoffs,” Brown said after Sunday’s win over the Wizards when asked about his status. “I had a season-ending injury with my wrist. This year, from a competitive standpoint, I’m excited and ready to play against anybody. As a vice president of the player’s association, it’s a part of my job description to protect our players’ rights and our medical privacy so you won’t hear me comment on my status or anybody’s else’s. That’s how I feel about it.”

Canada started to mandate players be fully vaccinated in order to enter the country as of Jan. 15. Brown had missed Monday’s game in Toronto due to right knee soreness, leading to questions about whether the Celtics guard and other players were eligible to play across the border for a potential playoff series against the Raptors.

The Celtics have repeatedly declined to publicly comment on their players’ vaccination status this year.

“I know what you’re getting at, obviously, with this,” Brad Stevens told Toucher and Rich on 98.5 The Sports Hub last week when asked about the eligibility issue. “As an organization we’ve said from day one, we’re not going to comment on our team vaccination status or individual vaccination status. … I feel like our job is to make sure that we continue to educate and make sure to keep everybody abreast of those changes, and the NBA has done a great job of that, all across the league.

“Anyways, I know that’s not, probably, the exact answer you’re looking for, but that’s where we stand and that’s all I really have to say about it.”

Brown also said at Celtics media day back in October that receiving a vaccine was a personal choice.

“I have my own thoughts about it but I respect my teammates’ decisions and things like that,” Brown said. “I know everybody has their own opinion about it but I think it’s a personal choice.”

Brown entered NBA’s health and safety protocols back in October. His teammate Al Horford also missed the game in Toronto last week due to personal reasons but said on Wednesday that Canada’s vaccine mandate would not impact him from playing in a potential playoff series.

“We’re clear on that. I’ll be ready to play wherever,” Horford said.

Jayson Tatum (knee) and Rob Williams (knee) also missed Monday’s game in Toronto for injury reasons. Tatum confirmed back in October he is vaccinated and ESPN reported that Rob Williams is vaccinated as well, although he will unlikely be available for a first round series as he recovers from surgery after suffering a torn meniscus last week. All of Boston’s other players were with the team for Monday’s game in Toronto, confirming they have all been vaccinated after being allowed to play in Canada.

The Celtics are currently the No. 2 seed in the Eastern Conference after defeating the Wizards on Sunday afternoon but are just a game ahead of the fourth-seeded 76ers. The Toronto Raptors are currently the No. 5 seed, a half-game ahead of the Chicago Bulls in the East playoff standings.

Bob

BobH Thanks for sharing.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:36 pm

There are several games of interest tonight.

Bucks @Pistons

On the season, the Bucks are 2-1 vs the Pistons (both blowouts) The Pistons will be without 4 key guys including Diallo, Jerami Grant, Marvin Bagley and Cory  Joseph. After beating Boston last night, the Bucks can secure their #2 spot by winning out. Although this is a B2B for them I do not see the Pistons as a spoiler tonight.   Bucks win!

Cavs @Nets

Drummond declared that the next two games are must win matchups for the Nets. The Nets will beat the Cavs tonight and move into 7th place.  The Cavs will not win another game this year.

Rockets  @Raptors

'My Precious' is out tonight probably with a knee contusion but that will not matter. They got the hapless Rockets in town.  The Raptors could move past the Sixers if they win their last 2 and the Sixers lose 2.  Raptors keep the pressure on with a win tonight.

Hawks @Heat

The Heat will be without PJ tucker plus they got 6 guys on the day to day list.  The Hawks are in a must win situation while the Heat have already clinched the #1 seed. I am going with the Hawks in this one.

Hornets @Bulls

It has taken a while for Bulls fans to realize that their team ain't ...sheeeeeit.  The Hornets are at least still in the fight for home court in the 9/10 play in matchup and who knows, maybe they win both games and the Nets lose both games.  Take the Hornets as the Bulls look completely demoralized.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:22 pm

I am of the firm belief that Jaylen is vaccinated and ready to go. If you listen to his interviews, the fact that he was unable to play last year in the playoffs ate him alive. It was so hard on him.
He is just not releasing this information to you, me or anyone else. The union representative in him is the reason he answers the way he does. I could never imagine Jaylen sitting out games in Toronto because of a shot. Whether he got it right away or not is moot. This kid wants to win, period. Let's stop this conjecture now. It is unfair.

Kyrie made this a public subject and used his union status to hide. He is the reason his team is in the fight of it's life right now. Had he played.......they would have won many more games and not be stuck fighting for a playoff spot. He is a different person than Jaylen.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next