Ktron
gyso
worcester
19 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Celtics Related Trade Rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: Celtics Related Trade Rumors

Post by dboss Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:43 pm

I would like to see Boston add another big and not one that cannot play in the playoffs.  A physical guy that can defend and rebound and score some in the paint.

The Celtics have the 35 pick in the draft (round 2)  That is a spot where talent can be had.  I would like to see Boston draft a long athletic wing.

PP should be moved because he is not going to play in Boston.

We have two 2-way players who look like they can play plus a 3rd 2-way guy can be added.  We still own the right to the kid over in France.  Forgot his name.  

As Boston contemplates retooling their bench some of these developmental guys should be given an opportunity.

I think they will make the max offer to JB but I am not sure if Grant gets what he wants.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:55 pm

I gather Blake will be off to greener pastures next year? It seemed that way at the end of the year. I still think when they were having a rebounding problem he could have played some minutes in the playoffs and been a plus. This 7 man or so rotation is crazy sometimes. You play guys all year and then tell them to sit at a time when they could have helped.

As far as I am concerned, the issue of Rob williams has to be solved. How many years are we going to say “if only”. I love the kid, he is so talented but 30 plus games or a little more and worrying all the time if “he is ok to play” is crazy. We need someone we can rely on. I know they love playing with him, but it is a big problem/. I do not believe he will ever play a whole season
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:17 pm

Rumor #3
Portland gets Jaylen Brown
Boston gets Anfernee Simons and the #3 pick in this draft.

This one is intriguing. We may have to trade Brogdon or White (or Smart? Yikes!) to make room for him, because I don't see Simons as a straight up replacement for the bigger Brown, but Simons is a player. I dunno, trading a 26 year old 6'7" All-NBA and 2X All-Star for a 24 year old 6'3" guard who has never been an All-Star doesn't sound good to me. Plus the #3 pick? Well, the only way we get Wembanyama is if we pry him out of Pop's cold dead hands, so who would be @ #3, and do we really want to integrate a rookie at this time? The upside would be his rookie contract, 5 years long at a very reasonable price. Who knows, 5 years down the road, where we'll be? With another #3 pick we'd be well-positioned for that future at least.

Just compare the stats! This kid is a player and you can add another great player onto the roster without breaking the bank.

Simon - Career shooting percentage is 43.3%/Career 3 pt shooting percentage is 38.7%/career pts per game playing full time (2 seasons) 19.2%/ Career TO per game 1.3/ Career rebounds - 2.3%
Team friendly 5 year rookie contract and you can add really good talent as well.
He is 24 years old

Brown- Career shooting percentage is 36.5%/Career 3 pt shooting percentage is 36.5% -however 2022-23 season he shot 33.5%/career pts per game 17.9%/Career To per game 2.0/ Career rebounds per - 5.2.

We choke on his contract where Tatem and Brown's contract is 65% of the teams payroll! Prevents adding good talent and not tomato cans!

Brown did not become an allstar until he was 25 years old!

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:28 am

112288 I think your stats are way off…???

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:45 am

Funny how one bad series can almost destroy a career in Boston. Boy, some of you are really tough. This kid belongs here, I do not care what you all say. Sure, he needs to work on things, but hasn’t he done that every year he has been here???
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:45 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:112288 I think your stats are way off…???

Cowen They were taken from one of the major sites that quote stats. Again they are career stats. Look them up.

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:11 am

The Celtics should offer Brown about 5yrs $255 million of the $295 max. That is higher then if he was traded which would be 4yrs $220 million. Otherwise the team will become top heavy and could not maintain bringing other quality players in at different positions. When Tatum signs his max contract the following year, the both of them would take 65% of available cap money for just 2 players.

So in 2 years Brad would have to trade Brown to then rebuild the team or you will be bringing in tomato cans as players to fill your roster if you keep both.

Even Tatum may have to cut his expectations on receiving a super max deal for 5 years and $310 million over 5 years to help rebuild the team. They should offer Tatum $275 next year.

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:19 am

112288 wrote:

Cowen They were taken from one of the major sites that quote stats.  Again they are career stats. Look them up.

cowens is correct. And you can look it up. You mistakenly list Brown's overall career shooting percentage the same as his career three point shooting - you have both at 36.5%. That's what got cowens' attention. Brown's career field goal percentage is .477, not .365. Check out his official stats here: https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/5602/. And it's not fair to Brown to compare only Simon's last two years' scoring average of 19.2, after he started to play regularly, to JB's entire career average of 17.9 (which includes his rookie year where he only played 17 minutes a game and averaged 6.6, plus two years after that where he wasn't a main go-to guy) and failing to point out that in Brown's last two years he averaged 25.1. But I will add that I would seriously consider trading Brown for Simons and the #3 pick (presumably Scoot Henderson, who is expected to quickly develop into an All-Star). I agree Simons is indeed a player. I've watched a lot of his games and he is a big time scorer. With Henderson (or Brandon Miller if Charlotte surprises the prognosticators and takes Scoot), that would give us two great young players to move forward with to offset giving up JB.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:55 am

Hmm. Interesting possibilities. I really like JB but salary cap implications concern me for the future.

Last edited by worcester on Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:59 am

steve3344 wrote:
112288 wrote:

Cowen They were taken from one of the major sites that quote stats.  Again they are career stats. Look them up.

cowens is correct. And you can look it up. You mistakenly list Brown's overall career shooting percentage the same as his career three point shooting - you have both at 36.5%. That's what got cowens' attention. Brown's career field goal percentage is .477, not .365. Check out his official stats here: https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/5602/. And it's not fair to Brown to compare only Simon's last two years' scoring average of 19.2, after he started to play regularly, to JB's entire career average of 17.9 (which includes his rookie year where he only played 17 minutes a game and averaged 6.6, plus two years after that where he wasn't a main go-to guy) and failing to point out that in Brown's last two years he averaged 25.1. But I will add that I would seriously consider trading Brown for Simons and the #3 pick (presumably Scoot Henderson, who is expected to quickly develop into an All-Star). I agree Simons is indeed a player. I've watched a lot of his games and he is a big time scorer. With Henderson (or Brandon Miller if Charlotte surprises the prognosticators and takes Scoot), that would give us two great young players to move forward with to offset giving up JB.

While I like and value Jaylen Brown, I understand why he gets floated in trade rumors. You have to give value to get value. For those of us who believe the roster needs to change to earn a title, and that change must include a couple of young but proven bigs, Jaylen makes sense as a centerpiece going out.

That being said, if we could end up with Anfernee Simons and Brandon Miller, who I prefer over Scoot Henderson, in order to add a forward with a little size, I would offer to pack Jaylen’s bags and pay for his flight out of town. Add Miller and Simons to a core of Tatum and Smart, retain at least one of White or Brogdon in a further deal to add one decent, but not necessarily All-Star caliber center? Where do I sign? It might be fantasy land, but it sounds ideal.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:21 am

NYCelt wrote:
steve3344 wrote:
112288 wrote:

While I like and value Jaylen Brown, I understand why he gets floated in trade rumors. You have to give value to get value. For those of us who believe the roster needs to change to earn a title, and that change must include a couple of young but proven bigs, Jaylen makes sense as a centerpiece going out.

That being said, if we could end up with Anfernee Simons and Brandon Miller, who I prefer over Scoot Henderson, in order to add a forward with a little size, I would offer to pack Jaylen’s bags and pay for his flight out of town. Add Miller and Simons to a core of Tatum and Smart, retain at least one of White or Brogdon in a further deal to add one decent, but not necessarily All-Star caliber center? Where do I sign? It might be fantasy land, but it sounds ideal.

I see that Brandon Miller at 6'9" is listed at 201 pounds, and only five pounds heavier than 6'2" Scoot Henderson who is listed at 196. What a skinny mf Miller is. PF would be out for him unless he adds 20-30 pounds of muscle. And even then he'd still be a bit undersized for that position. But he certainly is a talent and could be a terrific pro. Maybe he weighs more and 201 isn't accurate though. His body type looks like Tatum's when Jaylen entered the league.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:02 pm

steve3344 wrote:
112288 wrote:

Anyone that shoots .365 would never get an opportunity to put up so many shots and never make an all star team. This year Jaylen had a career high at 49% despite shooting below standard from 3. He had a terrible last playoff series and last game, I think he was injured and played thru it….

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:04 pm

Scal is floating the idea of trading Jaylen to Minny for Anthony Edwards.

No, I'm not putting a lot of credence in anything Scal says (besides, the numbers don't work for a straight up trade) but he's not a fly-by-night clickbait-by-day website either.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:03 pm

Can't we keep JB and simply add some talented beef at center? Would that not solidify us where we need help the most? In the playoffs methinks Jaylen's cut hand was the big problem for him.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:59 pm

I'm not a fan of trading an All-NBA player who is still 26 years old and has no history of serious injuries and has improved every year he's been in the league.  Who would you trade him for, if not another All-NBA player or, at the very minimum, an All-Star in his prime plus others?  There are only 15 All-NBA players at any one time.  15 out of roughly 450, and we have two of them.  There are only 240 minutes in a regulation NBA game.  If the Js average 32mpg each that's almost 27% of all the minutes available per game and we have 3 other players on the court at the same time as them that have to split the remaining 176 minutes amongst themselves.  Why would you want to take one of the top 15 players in the league off the floor if you're not replacing them with someone who is as good but plays a different position that we need improving?  

We need to improve our front court.  Al's old, RWill's availability is always problematic, Luke is a surprise but most of that surprise is that he's a legit NBA player, Blake's "break glass in case of emergency" at this stage of his career and Moose Muscala is now a rotation player at best (let's cut him some slack because he showed up mid-season.  We were ready to write Derrick off last year when all he really needed was a pre-season camp and some time in the system).  If Philly wants to talk about trading Jaylen and RWill for MVP Joel Embiid I might listen (or maybe not).  Jokic?  Absolutely.  Sorry Jaylen, but bye-bye.  Any other center in the league?  Bam?  AD?  Vucevic?  Mitchell Robinson?  Porzingis?  John Collins?  Nope.

Giannis isn't a center but I would trade Jaylen for him too, but Brook Lopez?  Don't make me laugh.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:48 pm

Bob, maybe Jaylen for Embiid straight up. Def Jaylen for Jokic or Giannis. Otherwise NOPE.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:44 pm

Let’s face it, these are a straw hat in a snow storm trades. The Celtics need to be a little more inquisitive about centers out there that may be had or a free agent. I believe we lost Al in the Miami series because he was totally overworked in previous two series. Not utilizing Rob properly was a mistake (or was he really not able to play many minutes??). I look back and something just did not seem right there.

I am sure Brad is looking at this the same way, and I do not think he will hesitate to pull the trigger if something very appealing shows up. I do not feel Rob Williams is safe here. If he stays, he may be off the bench type of player next year and I do not think that is what we want
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by prakash Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:02 pm

NYCelt wrote:
steve3344 wrote:
112288 wrote:

I like JB. However, if there is an opportunity to trade JB for Anfernee Simons AND the #3 pick, I will be all for it. Not because I want to get rid of JB. But because it will set a much better future course for the Celts. Still, I like the Boston team with JB.

I do have a dream/wish list scenario:

Convert Brogdon, Grant Williams and others into Miles Bridges. Charlotte has two RFA at the 4 position: PJ Washington and Bridges. A starting lineup of Smart, JB/Simons, Tatum, Bridges and Horford will be a very potent lineup. Derek White can slip back into his backup role in place of Brogdon.

prakash

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:16 pm

The Celtics lost and all we can do is come up with all these trades to move Jaylen Brown.

There is a reason why both the Jays were top 10 players.

Does anyone realize how good a player has to be to make it into the top 10?

There are needs on this team but I would caution folks to not overreact.

The Celtics have Never traded one of their home grown stars.

Remember..the Jays were one of the top scoring duos in the NBA.  

The only way a JB trade should be contemplated is if he turns down his well deserved max extension.  Last time he resigned for short money.  Do not expect him to do that again.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:40 pm

Thanks Dboss, I thought I was alone on an island here. I am truly tired of all this Jaylen bashing and trade talks. I cannot turn on one site without fifteen reasons why we should trade JB. Be careful what you wish for, I say, if losing to Miami this year was a heartache, stick around if they trade him, and I really do not care who they get back, the whole world will be bashing Brad. He is not that stupid.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:04 pm

To those concerned about the salary cap situation: it IS inevitable.

There is no way around having 3-4 players eat up most of a team's salary. You're not winning any titles without at least 2 stars.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:09 pm

Exactly. Look around the league. Do you realize how many teams would jump to have a Jaylen Brown on their team? Some should think twice about what they wish for, next thing you know we will be walking this backwards. It is amazing to me how many have turned on a guy they were loving in the late part of the season, (and for me, long, long before)
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:21 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Exactly.  Look around the league. Do you realize how many teams would jump to have a Jaylen Brown on their team?  Some should think twice about what they wish for, next thing you know we will be walking this backwards.  It is amazing to me how many have turned on a guy they were loving in the late part of the season, (and for me, long, long before)

Losing always brings out the torches and pitchforks.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:57 pm

Bottom line, the Celtics cannot pay 2 players who play the same positions 70% of the teams cap money unless you want to get bunch of players with substandard playing skills who will play for some rediculous low sum of money!

Wake up lady's and gentlemen's, you just cannot build a team based on that salary structure with two guys making 70% of your teams available cap money unless you are satisfied of getting blown out in round 1 or 2 in the playoffs.

Lastly, Brown and Tatum do not complement each other well on the court. There is no true chemistry between the two!

Last edited by 112288 on Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:59 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Thanks Dboss, I thought I was alone on an island here. I am truly tired of all this Jaylen bashing and trade talks. I cannot turn on one site without fifteen reasons why we should trade JB.  Be careful what you wish for, I say, if losing to Miami this year was a heartache, stick around if they trade him, and I really do not care who they get back, the whole world will be bashing Brad. He is not that stupid.

Rosalie

Folks can throw out names but the thing is that no one has seen any of those players in green.

There is something special about drafting a player, watching him develop, celebrating his accomplishments and securing a long term commitment to him.

The last thing that the Boston Celtics should do is to move a guy that is just entering his prime and has already exceeded every expectation imaginable.

Teams are out there looking to find a top talent but teams that are blessed to have them already are way ahead of the curve.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next