Ktron
gyso
worcester
19 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Celtics Related Trade Rumors - Page 3 Empty Re: Celtics Related Trade Rumors

Post by dboss Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:18 pm

112288 wrote:Bottom line, the Celtics cannot pay 2 players who play the same positions 70% of the teams cap money unless you want to get bunch of players with substandard playing skills who will play for some rediculous low sum of money!

Wake up lady's and gentlemen's, you just cannot build a team based on that salary structure with two guys making 70% of your teams available cap money unless you are satisfied of getting blown out in round 1 or 2 in the playoffs.

Lastly, Brown and Tatum do not complement each other well on the court. There is no true chemistry between the two!

I disagree.   It is not about 2 players complementing each other.  It is about players who interact well with their teammates.

Here is a questions for everyone and I would bet no one can come up with an answer,

Exactly what would JB need to do to compliment JT?

JT and JB DO not play the same position.  I guess the notion of positionless basketball does not apply here.  

Should we just overlook the fact that both of these players were NBA Allstars and both of them made  all NBA?

Should we just forget how many times they have been in contention.

There are 510 players in the NBA including the 2-way guys.

Jayson and Jaylen were top 10 among this pool.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:26 pm

Truth KJ. Truth.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:26 am

I like Gallo better than Kelly O. I'm not saying I'd do it, but Simmons and a #3 for JB strikes me as less objectionable than the others
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:53 am

I disagree.   It is not about 2 players complementing each other.  It is about players who interact well with their teammates.

Here is a questions for everyone and I would bet no one can come up with an answer,

JT and JB DO not play the same position.  I guess the notion of positionless basketball does not apply here.  

Should we just overlook the fact that both of these players were NBA Allstars and both of them made  all NBA?

Brown and Tatum do not mix well together and do not make their teammates better. King James makes his teammates better and he is a alpha player.

Question, who takes the last shot in a game down one, Tatum or Brown?  Do you not think that Brown wants to be number one and the face of the Boston Celtics, of course he does but Tatum is in his way.  That is why they really do not mix well collectively.

You know why Miami kicked our ASS?  The team and the players were united as one unit, not fragmented!

Wilt was an incrediable player, ALL WORLD but did he make his team better to win championships. The answer was no.    And who said that...............Bill Russell!

I rest my case. 2008 NBA Champion Boston Celtics and counting! Still waiting for #18

In addition you cannot keep both players financially because you would have an unbalanced team of 2 good players and the rest mediocre due to the economics (70% of payroll).

Ok you want Brown, keep Brown trade Tatum I do not care.  I always said for 2 years Brown was better than Tatum in a number of areas and had more bxlls. The NBA set these Max contracts to stop King James and other players like Durant from stacking teams. Now that rule has reared its ungly head with the Boston Celtics.

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:31 am

They want to break up the Js
And start it all over again
With some fictitious Big
And a "true" PG . . . again

Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got
Till it's gone

They took all the bigs
Put 'em in a bigs museum *
And they charged the people
A dollar and a half just to see 'em

Till it's gone

Hey Kendrick Perkins (etc.)
Put away that bad ide-ah
Leave both Js on my team
You can stick that in your . . . re-ah
Please!

Till it's gone

Late last night
I had a wicked bad dream
That Perk was our GM
and he broke apart our team

Till it's gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtics17 Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:15 am

112288 wrote:I disagree.   It is not about 2 players complementing each other.  It is about players who interact well with their teammates.

Brown and Tatum do not mix well together and do not make their teammates better. King James makes his teammates better and he is a alpha player.

Question, who takes the last shot in a game down one, Tatum or Brown?  Do you not think that Brown wants to be number one and the face of the Boston Celtics, of course he does but Tatum is in his way.  That is why they really do not mix well collectively.

You know why Miami kicked our ASS?  The team and the players were united as one unit, not fragmented!

Wilt was an incrediable player, ALL WORLD but did he make his team better to win championships. The answer was no.    And who said that...............Bill Russell!

I rest my case. 2008 NBA Champion Boston Celtics and counting! Still waiting for #18

In addition you cannot keep both players financially because you would have an unbalanced team of 2 good players and the rest mediocre due to the economics (70% of payroll).

Ok you want Brown, keep Brown trade Tatum I do not care.  I always said for 2 years Brown was better than Tatum in a number of areas and had more bxlls. The NBA set these Max contracts to stop King James and other players like Durant from stacking teams. Now that rule has reared its ungly head with the Boston Celtics.

I don't necessarily agree that the reason we lost to Miami is because we weren't united as a group. There were a number of factors. Joe was at a major coaching disadvantage against Spo and without his top assistant. Miami put us in positions that we were not able to adjust. In addition, losing Brogdon was definitely a factor. He was probably the most consistent player throughout the year. Losing this consistent production was key and in addition it forced JB and JT to have to do even more. Now we find out Grant was hurt. JB was also not 100% (I know Miami had injuries too). However, with all these factors working against us if Tatum doesn't sprain his ankle on the first play in Game 7 we may not be having this discussion.

Yes, we were the better team than Miami and should have beat them, but lets not overreact. This team has consistently got to the conference finals. Run it back with a couple of tweaks. Rebuild the coaching staff and bring in a hard nose defensive rebounder (I would love Isiah Stewart, but probably won't happen).

Celtics17
Celtics17

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:53 pm

You never answered my very specific question

This conversation is not about Lebron James.

I have never heard Jaylen Brown state that he wanted to be #1.

What I have heard from the Jays is that they feed off of each other, push each other and make each other better.

The Celtics did not lose because they Heat were of one mind while the Celtics were fragmented.  Every thing that I have heard from players on this team indicates that they had a very close locker room characterized by mutual support up and down the roster.

There is simply no evidence that supports your contention that the Jays have bad chemistry and do not play well together.  This team was 2nd in the NBA in wins and the Jays came in 2nd in the NBA in scoring among duos.  Clearly, there impact as a pair was dominant.

One thing I learned a long time ago in sales was not to spend other people's money.

Therefore everybody should stop worrying about the salary CAP, luxury tax and all the other financials.

I am NOT trading the Jays because of money.   Whether a team goes out there and makes trades to add 2-3 high end, high salary players or are lucky enough to draft and develop them, the road to winning mandates investment.

I Celtics should lock JB up over the summer and do the same for JT next summer (2024)

JB's money will not kick in until the 2024-25 season so there is plenty of time to figure out everything.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:27 pm

The chemistry is just not there between the two. I should have added how can Tatum compliment Brown. Tell me how these two players make their teammates better. I have not seen that. They are ball hogs and often take crappy contested shots when they could have passed off to another teammate.

One thing is clear, there is one poster player for the Celtics and it is Tatum not Brown. Every ad you see on TV for a popular product is Tatum not Brown.

Brown is an alpha guy and wants top billing on the team he plays on and it shows on the court. He is just not a happy camper.

I am not the only person who feels this way for a very long time, Felger and Mazz on The Sports Hub has pointed this out. You should check them out weekdays 2-6 pm. Google the Sports Hub 98.5 FM Boston on your computer. I think they have the best sports talk out there and I measure it against ESPN - NY and the WFAN - NY.

They are also of the opinion that $60 million a year for Brown is crazy as compared to other elite players who are making far less! I happen to agree.

And over $600 MILLION dollars per year for 5 years for the two (70%) of annual payroll is crazy. How do you buildout the rest of the team with 30% left of the pie, YOU CANNOT. I am sure WYC is choking on his lobster on MV agonizing over this!

Sure you can trade Brown in a year when Tatum gets his super max contract of over $315 million the following year. But it is another year wasted. This team as composted right now with a one dimensional center who takes no shots over 6 feet from the rim and 43% of shots taken by Brown and Tatum per game is not a well rounded diversified team come playoff time.

Brown wants his supermax contract and is staying quiet, but I know he wants out and would like to be the star attraction elsewhere. I CANNOT BLAME HIM! But it makes for a very disfunctional situation.

Back to top Go down

Post by prakash Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:53 pm

I can’t comment on the chemistry between the Js. Obviously, people know that you can’t win alone in basketball. The Js are smart enough to know that.

I get the feeling that JB has been built up, showcased, and is at his peak value right now. I also think that JB is a special player but just not conducive to ball movement, read and react basketball. JB’s trade value is highest right now provided the right partner is seeing gold in the glitter.

There is no way that the Celts are trading JB just for the sake of trading him. But they should trade him for the right return. The Portland proposal is very intriguing.

prakash

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:09 pm

70% of the CAP has nothing to do with how deep the Celtics go into the Luxury Tax.  The Jays will not eat up 70% of total salaries.  

JB has not hit his ceiling.  He had an off year from deep but still averaged almost 27 PPG.  One more 3 per gsme and he is a 30 PPG guy.  

I really do not know how any fan can come to the conclusion that he has reached his peak value.  

Just deal with the facts.  He keeps getting better every year.

Trading him at age 26 is equivalent to having a premature ejaculation.

How about putting on your make believe GM hat and come with a solution to improve the roster without breaking up the dynamic pairing of the Jays.

Everybody stop talking about the money.  It ain't your GD money.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:15 pm

IF WRONG, TELL THAT TO WEEI TALK SHOW HOSTS AND THE SPORTS HUB - FELGER AND MAZZ - THAT'S MY SOURCE! WHY WOULD EACH MAKE THE SAME CLAIM.

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:31 pm

Jaylen Brown's All-NBA nod makes him eligible for a monster extension from the Celtics
boston

BY WBZ-NEWS STAFF

MAY 11, 2023 / 8:09 AM / CBS BOSTON

BOSTON -- Jaylen Brown was named to the All-NBA second team on Wednesday night, a long overdue honor for the Celtics swingman. It also has a massive financial implication for the 26-year-old.

While Brown is under contract for one more season at $31.8 million, his All-NBA nod makes him eligible for a "super max" extension from Boston this summer. And that extension would be for a truckload of cash.

Multiple truckloads of cash, actually.

Boston can offer Brown a five-year deal worth $295 million as early as midnight on July 1, and the belief is they'll do just that at some point this summer. Brown could always decline that extension, but no other team could offer him such a lucrative deal.

That extension would see his annual salary range between $50 million for the 2024-25 season and over $66 million for the 2028-29 season, which would be the final year of the deal (and likely be a player option). It would be hard for Brown to turn that down.

Given this is the NBA, Brown could always demand a trade somewhere down the road. But if he signs that "super max," Brown wouldn't be trade eligible for one year after the ink dries, meaning he'll be on the Celtics through at least next season.

Jayson Tatum, who was named to the All-NBA first team on Wednesday, is also now eligible for an even bigger extension. He could have a five-year, $318 million extension presented to him by the C's in the summer of 2024, which would carry a $70 million annual salary for the 2029-30 season.

Giving both players their "super max" would be a massive investment for the Celtics, considering Tatum and Brown would cost them more than $600 million. But it would also keep the pillars of the franchise in place, and Boston's dynamic duo could remain in town for potentially six more years.

WBZ-News Staff
wbz-news-logo-black.jpg

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:47 pm

dboss wrote:70% of the CAP has nothing to do with how deep the Celtics go into the Luxury Tax.  The Jays will not eat up 70% of total salaries.  

JB has not hit his ceiling.  He had an off year from deep but still averaged almost 27 PPG.  One more 3 per gsme and he is a 30 PPG guy.  

I really do not know how any fan can come to the conclusion that he has reached his peak value.  

Just deal with the facts.  He keeps getting better every year.

Trading him at age 26 is equivalent to having a premature ejaculation.

How about putting on your make believe GM hat and come with a solution to improve the roster without breaking up the dynamic pairing of the Jays.

Everybody stop talking about the money.  It ain't your GD money.

Dboss

But it is my GD$ when I have to pay for inflated ticket prices at the box office and get jack shoot out of them not winning #18!

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:59 pm

112288 wrote:IF WRONG, TELL THAT TO WEEI TALK SHOW HOSTS AND THE SPORTS HUB - FELGER AND MAZZ - THAT'S MY SOURCE!  WHY WOULD EACH MAKE THE SAME CLAIM.

They lie for money and ratings.

Surely you understand that.

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:02 pm

Rosalie,

Please let us know what you think about the "opinions" of Felger and Mazz.

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:30 pm

You do not really want to get me going do you. Those are two of the most negative announcers on the air You really know how I feel about them!!! Why someone would use them as a competent source is beyond me on WEEI you are talking about a couple of know nothing football players who spew junk anytime they feel like it Use sources who know what they are taking about, it really does no justice to a story like this when you quote people who will do anything for ratings and controversy. There I said it!!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:35 pm

112288 wrote:IF WRONG, TELL THAT TO WEEI TALK SHOW HOSTS AND THE SPORTS HUB - FELGER AND MAZZ - THAT'S MY SOURCE!  WHY WOULD EACH MAKE THE SAME CLAIM.

112288, I strongly suggest that you find another source. Felger and Mazz? They're clowns

Mazz knows a little about baseball but basketball not only is it not in his wheel house, it’s in the gutter.

Felger is a blow hard who seeks and finds everything he can to make disparaging remarks concerning the Celtics. He claims to love hockey and thats ok but when it comes to basketball, Felger is Hater. (sorry I’ve been trying to remove that term from my lexicon but they just keep on coming)

I don’t know who you are referring to when you say “the hosts at WEEI”. Sorry, they’ve had so many folks come and go from there in the past year or so that I can hardly keep up.
The part-time KJ has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to all sports but they only manage to put in on part-time or fill-in.
I’m not saying this because he happens to be a client of mine. I’m saying this because I know how good this dude is.

WEEI is just bad. They used to be the top banana but that's long gone. The Parent company, (Audacy) is on the verge of bankruptcy which is part of the reason for the revolving door.

If you’re looking for good basketball talk by people who actually know the game try-

The Dan Patrick Show on Fox and NBC Peacock

If you have Sirius XM Channel 86 is NBA Radio.
Former players Eddie Johnson and Antonio Daniels co-host 2 different shows

Maddog Radio on Sirius XM also has quality hosts who are pretty astute when it comes to the game of basketball.

There are others if you care to scan.

Personally, I unplugged Felger and Mazz years ago.

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:01 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:You do not really want to get me going do you. Those are two of the most negative announcers on the air   You really know how I feel about them!!!  Why someone would use them as a competent source is beyond me  on WEEI you are talking about a couple of know nothing football players who spew junk anytime they feel like it   Use sources who know what they are taking about, it really does no justice to a story like this when you quote people who will do anything for ratings and controversy.  There  I said it!!!!

Thanks, Rosalie.  I believe that you have shared your thoughts on those two gentlemen in the past.  I remembered correctly.

Thanks Ktron.  You also provided a couple of alternatives for 112288 to seek out his truth.  

112288,  I hope you accept positive advice.  Do adjust your dial.  💯

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:20 pm

Yep Pile on however I told everyone during this year that this Celtic team would not win #18 and before the series against Miami I started that they are a dangerous team and that the Celtics could lose this series.

The only comments back to me were sounds of crickets.......................... Ya all enjoying the duck parade through Boston!

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:26 pm

Gyso, you deserve some kind of award for that Joanie Mitchell song rewrite. Brilliant and true commentary.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:39 pm

worcester wrote:Gyso, you deserve some kind of award for that Joanie Mitchell song rewrite.  Brilliant and true commentary.

Thanks, that was fun. I wanted to follow her timing and pauses between some of the words when I could.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktron Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:52 pm

gyso wrote:
worcester wrote:Gyso, you deserve some kind of award for that Joanie Mitchell song rewrite.  Brilliant and true commentary.

Thanks, that was fun.  I wanted to follow her timing and pauses between some of the words when I could.

Great stuff Gyso!

Joni’s “Both Sides now” (kinda fitting) is your next challenge..:>)

Ktron

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:53 am

I have never understood the trade while he is at peak value argument. Somebody started that BS about a player on my favorite baseball team and I responded that several players were probably at peak value for trade purposes,so, hell, why not trade all your good players, keep the crappy ones, and start over? That's the logical l conclusion to that way of thinking.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:03 am

worcester wrote:I have zero complaints about either PP.
        I see what you did there
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:56 am

We old timers are still pretty smart.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content