Outside
beat
Sam
24 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Jeb Update Empty Jeb Update

Post by Sam Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:40 pm

I just received a phone call from Jeb. He asked that I pass along the following information to the board, as he doesn't feel up to doing it himself.

The surgeons did go in today with the intention of getting the tumor. Instead, they found the entire abdominal wall filled with cancer. (That's the way Jeb put it.) There was nothing else they could do surgically.

Tomorrow, they'll begin working on ways to make him as comfortable as possible. Jeb says they've told him he probably has a year to live. The way he put it was, "So that's it for Western medicine." He is committed to trying medical alternatives and to fulfilling two compelling wishes: to see San Francisco again and to travel to Tennessee and visit his family.

I asked how Dawn is doing, and he said she's holding up pretty well. In his words, "She's a strong woman."

When I asked whether the board could be of any help, he said, "Just keep to business as usual." It's understandable how important it is to him that as much of his world as possible continues with "business as usual."

I'm very sorry to have to share this news. Sally and I have been thinking of Jeb all day long and focusing on positive thoughts, as I know all of you have been doing. We don't intend to do otherwise in the future, although our concept of what represents "positive" may be somewhat altered.

Although Jeb is having great difficulty communicating with anyone right now, you can be sure he'll be reading this thread and keeping up with the board in general. So please feel free to let him know how much he's loved or anything else you think he'd like to hear.

God bless Jeb and Dawn,

Sam and Mrs. Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Jeb Update Empty Re: Jeb Update

Post by beat Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:57 pm

Jeb

Love you man!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:35 pm

Jeb,

I was hoping all day for good news. Anything but this.

I wish for a lot of things. I wish for you to enjoy your days as best you can. I wish for an Eastern herbalist to show up with some foul-tasting smoothie that makes it go away. I wish for a new study that shows that moderate amounts of 10-year-old single-malt scotch four days a week cures abdominal cancer.

I feel like a fish flopping around on a boat here, and I hope you understand that my intentions are good even if the words aren't right. But I'm making the attempt because, like a lot of people around here, I actually like you.

We've never met in person and only know each other through our common interests that brought us here. But even so, I don't need to be a genius to see that you're one in a million. Part of what I enjoy about you are "Jebisms," those sayings you come up with. Another part is that you've been patient with me on numerous occasions, willing to go into discussions that wound up with give and take that I enjoy thoroughly. Both of these speak to the character of the person that is you, in both senses of the word -- you are a character, and you have character. You are appreciated.

Besides, you're a fan of Cool Hand Luke. You can't be all bad.

Love your wife, love your dog, love those close to you. I wish I could be there to support you, but you'll have to settle for clumsily worded notes like this instead.

Outside
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:57 pm

My heart is heavy as I read and write this Jeb. I feel as if we have become such good friends without ever having met. I thank God every day for this place where we all come, never having known one another, and bear our
burdens. Please know that I will keep you in my nightly prayers (I promise I am a good Catholic girl with a strong belief that God will help us handle even
the things we think we can't}

My wish for you is that you enjoy the time you have, get strong enough to
do the things you want, and live and love your wonderful wife Dawn and your pooches!

Take care my friend, I wish there was something I could do to make you
feel better. My heart is with you.

Love
Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:15 pm

Jed

I cannot begin to express how bad I feel about your situation. We spend a lot of time not telling people that we care about them...
How much we love them.

Your struggle has touched my heart profoundly. My prayers will continue to be with you and your family.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by willjr Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:43 pm

Jeb, where there's life there's hope! Best thoughts and wishes to you and your family. We are all pulling hard for you like a fat man in a tug-of-war.
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:49 pm

Jeb, I'm going to explore the hemp oil alternative more closely for you. I wish I could do more from here. W
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:36 pm

Jeb, I wish there was something, anything I could do but all I can do is say thank you for being such a strong and funny spirit on here and hope your time with all of us who have grown close to you both in person and in cyberspace will be a LOT longer than anyone could dare dream to hope for.

Keep on keepin' on. We're all pulling for you.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:55 am

Jeb:

You have my support and sincere well wishes for the time you have left. We all know tomorrow isn't promised to anyone. However, having read your posts over the time you've been associated with this forum, I trust you will struggle with every ounce of strength you have. May you see the city by the Bay, and make it back to Pat Summitt's home state before all is said and done. Your spirit will live on in our memory, your will is indominable. God is building a mansion for you in heaven as we speak. Make as much of the time left as you can. God bless and comfort you!

MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:49 am

Image this.

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgVPLNu_S-w&feature=youtube_gdata_player
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:52 am

Screw this. The Bruins were down to game 7 three times – the Sox were down 3 games to 0 – the Celtics kept those balloons in the rafters at the Forum. Boston teams down give up on their fans and Boston fans don’t give up on their friends.

I am with you 100% my friend – and with every ounce of love and positive energy –do your best to be the fun, engaging, funny, positive, speak from the heart guy we all know you are. Come here, contribute, complain about the refs (sorry Sam), and do whatever the hell it is that you want to – to live life to the fullest.

Miracles happen – and if anyone deserves one, it is you Jeb. And if God should come calling at some point soon – know that we will all be here, thinking of you and holding it down out here – rooting the men in green home on another title in2012 on your behalf. The true Big 3 have a few more runs in them….as do you my friend. Don’t give up, don’t ever give up.

All my prayers and love to you and Dawn,
Paul
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:59 am

ditto
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:24 am

Jeb

What does one say right now.

I've read thru all of these post of support and still words are hard to come by. We've never met but if you are anything close to the ones here that I have met, your top shelf. I love your slant on things and agree with 99% of your posts.

We are all brothers (and sisters) on here, and I know we are collectively pulling for you. Tomorrow is not a given for any of us so enjoy each day to the fullest, and Mrkleen is correct MIRACLES do happen.

We truly all are listed as day to day.

And remember you are not alone in this walk. Although not physically there with you, we are all there in thought. Don't be afraid to share your feelings here, whatever they may be at that moment, for we will understand.

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:51 am

.....shit, suddenly my little problems aren't that big right now

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:32 am

Jeb,
Think positive no matter what. Enjoy life - it's beautiful. Every second of it, every turn.
Our hopes and thoughts with you.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:02 pm

Jeb,

I with Kleen on this one! And to quote a famous line "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?" So, every thing I got, goes out to you, and its time for everyone close to you, to learn as much as they can from ya, and for you to laugh as much as possible. It may just be time to eat those 50 eggs buddy.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:08 pm

Shit.

I just arrived in Amsterdam.

They lost my luggage on the flight from Paris and all I have, other than travel docs, my passport and credit cards, is the cosmetics bag the customer service people lent me at at the airport when they took my missing bag report.

It's raining.

I'm sleeping in a hostel in a room with 4 other guys because all the hotel rooms in Amsterdam that are near the train stations are booked for some reason.

And I feel like I'm the luckiest man in the world despite all that.

So how come I'm so depressed?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:34 pm

Jeb,

I've seen a lot of great comebacks in my 79 years. Heres to you pulling off the Grand-Daddy of them all.
swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by LACELTFAN Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:51 pm

Jeb,
I'm thinking about you and wishing I had some magic wand to wave at you...if you come back out to SF, I'll sit and eat that 50 eggs with you. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family... LA CELT
LACELTFAN
LACELTFAN

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:44 pm

Jeb,

We are all pulling for you especially Chloe!!!!!!!!

We all send our love and prayers and I know you'll hit that 3 pointer!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:06 pm

Jeb,

I find I'm at a total loss for what to say to you. Those who have already posted notes have found the words much better than I ever could and as I admire the clarity of their thoughts I'll add that I wish to echo them as well.

I hope and pray for your strength and for your comfort. Perhaps that fighting spirit of yours will take you farther than what you've been told to expect. There are so many stories of those that beat long odds and doctors who say they can't predict the power of the human spirit; be one of those stories!

No matter what, my wish for you is that you enjoy every moment of every day. I'm sure you will experience every ray of sunshine and each drop of rain as an amazing gift to treasure.

Maybe one of the things you can do now Jeb is show us all how to really live and look at life. I hope you stay with us here for a good amount of time in every sense, and share your thoughts often on your way to whatever point this journey takes you. May that point be a good way off down the road. May that journey last much longer...

My very best to you and Dawn,

Dean
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:29 am

To Jeb and the Board,

I received the following message by Private Mail yesterday. I was as astounded as many of you may be, because it was from Greenkiller, who was the bane of our existance at BDC. But, the more I thought about it, the more I realized that courting the improbable is exactly in keeping with Jeb's situation right now. And so I checked with the other administrators and with Greenkiller, and we are posting his message below. I hope people will accept it in the spirit with which it is apparently written. Perhaps this is a time when healing should be uppermost in our minds and hearts.

Thanks,

Sam

Greenkiller's message:

Jeb's Health

Quote message

From Green Killer To sam, Yesterday at 1:21
Sam I have been reading this board since it started and I have decided not to intrude in this board after I only did it once. I am not here to stir up things or make anybody mad but I would appreciate it if you told Jeb how sorry I am for his health and that ever since he got sick I have been praying for him. Tell him to not give up because I guarantee him God will show us his glory and that his miracle is coming, have no doubt about that. I am not here to post either and want to say I'm sorry to all on this board who I have offended in the past at BDC and here for a very short period of time. As I write I have tears rolling down my face because in a certain way all of you have become part of my daily life as I read this board every day and come here more than other pages just to read all of your opinions. When Jebs health went south I couldn't stop thinking and praying for him the day it happened and felt ashamed of how I behaved and even called him names and I feel very awful but did not want to come here and write because I thought he was gonna be just fine. So tonight I decided I asked for forgiveness from him and all on the board who I have offended and honest to God I mean it. Sam I know you are a very smart man and know that people make mistakes like I have but I did not do it with an intention to aggravate people I did it just for fun. I am not making excuses for my behavior just thought it would be nice if I said what I felt in this terrible time. I simply feel like a piece of shit and I am sorry. Tell Jeb to speak words of faith all the time and the miracle will take form. I would like for you to give this part to Jeb for him to read every day: Deuteronomy 30:14 But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may observe it. Proverbs 12:18, Reckless words pierce like a sword but the tongue of the wise brings healing. Proverbs 25:11 A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings Silver. Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.
I know I do not deserve any pity from you or any other board members or any favor but It's very important for me and for Jeb to know and to read the verses I have written. Thank you in advance.
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:26 am

All we care about right now is Jeb's welfare, his health, both physical and mental. I can't imagine anyone not accepting your words with gratitude, as Jeb needs all the support and prayers he can get. He is a tough guy, a fighter, and I know he will not give up. Thank you from me for your kind words, anything before is forgotten. This has nothing to do with the Celtics, this is friendship at it's very best. We are all here, one and all, to support Jeb in his time of need.

Again, thank you, someday we will all have a good conversation about the past, but this is not the time. God bless Jeb.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:50 pm

howdy

Beautiful. Forgiveness and communication and truth have so much more power than manipulation ... all is forgiven from my viewpoint and something beautiful occurred here.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:21 pm

Beauty, in one form or another, awaits you every day, Jeb. It's easier to recognize some days than others. But it's there for the taking.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next