beat
Sam
24 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Jeb Update - Page 2 Empty Re: Jeb Update

Post by tjmakz Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:28 pm

Jeb,

I am hoping and rooting that you make it through this ordeal that you are going through.
It is because of people like you that I find enjoyment being a member of this website.
1) You speak from your heart.
2) You don't say what you think people want to hear.
3) You stand up for your beliefs.
4) You are naturally entertaining, whether it is some descriptive curse words or a story about eating eggs.
5) You allow others to see the real Jeb.

We are behind you 100%, even this mouthy Lakers fan in Florida.
I am looking forward to many conversations/disagreements with you in the future.
Take care buddy.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:09 am

In Greek mythology the only forces over whom the Gods could not contend were the "Moirae" or the Fates, the "apportioners" from the Greek word moira meaning a portion. There were three Moirae:

1. Clothos - from the Greek word spinner and from whom we get our word "cloth." She weaved the fabric of life.
2. Lachesis - from the Greek word for drawer of lots. She measured the fabric of life.
3. Atropos - from the Greek word "unturning." She cut the fabric of life or unturned the weaving. We get our word "atrophy" from this.

None of us know what our fates hold for us; and few of us even fully comprehend the spiritual reality which is the context in which our physical lives are played out.

Jeb is confronting his fate right now, as we all will relatively soon. It's impossible to say what will happen now, and I resent doctors who claim to know what the term of any human life will be. Two stories come to mind:
In July, 1971 I was watching Dick Cavett interview J.I. Rodale live on ABC TV. Rodale was founder and editor of Prevention and Organic Gardening magazines and lived a very healthy life. Knowing this, Cavett asked him how long he thought he would live. Rodale responded - "at least till 100." Then the camera turned to Cavett. His jaw dropped, and then the camera turned back to Rodale who had suffered a massive coronary and died on the spot! It was the first time anyone had ever died on live TV.
A good number of years ago (1965) Jeanne Calment was a 90 year old widow living in the South of France. She arranged to sell her apartment to a 47 year old lawyer, Andre-Francois Raffay who was to pay her a certain amount each month until she died, at which time he would take over the apartment. Well, he paid, and paid and paid - eventually over $180,000 in francs, more than twice what the apartment was worth, until he died in 1995 of cancer at age 77. Jeanne Calment eventually died in 1997 at age 122 years and 164 days, making her the oldest confirmed living person in recorded history. [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanne_Calment ] By the way, she had stopped smoking at age 119!
I bring up these stories to point out that we just don't know.
In the meantime, I recommend this song to all of us. "I'm Walking on Sunshine." It brightens my day regardless of the circumstances: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPUmE-tne5U I particularly like how she sings: "it's time to feel good, hey!"

Last edited by worcester on Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:10 pm

Worcester-I am 63 years old, married 41 years to a man I knew almost ten years before we married. He comes from a family of positive thinkers who have made the most of their lives no matter what illness or accident may have shook up their lives. His Mom had polio, but raised five boys and one girl with no legs under her. Walking was done by holding on to walls, crawling up the stairs and bouncing down them step by step. She never complained, five boys was a handful.
After graduation my husband joined the Air Force to get away, get a trade and grow up, He became an airplane mechanic. However, he was there for
about a year when he got a phone call that something had happened to one of his older brothers. He had been in an accident, but, the family just told him he was in the hospital. He signed his life away to the Red Cross, and flew home, to find his brother in the hospital, in a Stryker Frame, paralyzed from the neck down. He never regained use of his limbs and lived this life until he passed away in 1998. However, I left out that my Father in Law left us in 1971, just before my daughter was born. He had a heart condidtion, and even though he had help from my husband, the pressure was just too much for him. He was a wonderful, wonderful man who did whatever he could to help his wife and son.Now he was gone.

I could go on and on, sickness after sickness followed us through our married lives, but somehow God gave us the strength to carry on, raise two
wonderful kids, and still find time to love one another.
We came within a half an hour of almost dying in 2008, from carbon monoxide poisoning. We spent 2 1/2 hours in the chamber detoxifying, getting all the co out.

These stories are for one reason. I am a firm believer that with God's help,
prayer, and determination, you can help yourself come over many things.
I know Jeb's situation is daunting, but encouragement, support, prayer and belief can help him move on to a longer life.

Every night when we all go to bed, say just one prayer to help our friend fight his deamons. it can do nothing but help

I tell all this as an inspiration that anything is possible. Jeb, just look to the sunshine every day, it will inspire you.

RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:46 pm

Rosalie, Yes prayer and belief in God work miracles. Amen to all you have said about overcoming the difficult circumstances in life.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:14 am

Greenkiller has a heart and it looks like he has much compassion for Jeb and his situation. I will offer an apology to Greenkiller for any caustic remarks I may have made to him from the BDC days. Maybe Rosalie said it best that this is not about Celtics or Lakers, but about the stuggle of one man against the odds. Miracles do happen and I'm praying for one for Jeb. Thanks, Sam for posting Greenie's message, and props to GK for his message to Jeb. A common subject or forum has brought us all together. It's comforting to know that fans of the same sport, but different teams can set aside squabbles to unite for a common cause to lend support to such a fine human being as Jeb

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:22 pm

Yall

Beautiful gestures from all the Lakers brothers on the board. Beautiful words of healing and hope from the bible. My battle has brought out some truly beautiful things. I am humbled and just stunned. But I really am not too stunned cause I feel that that sort of thoughtful talk is what Sam's is about at least we all damn well try to ahcieve.

I remain in the hospital and have endured true suffering in particular the day i had 3 procedures in one day. I dont have words to describe that day. I have beautiful friends and my wife surrounding me with suport.

I love the forum and FEEL the support coming here from everyone (your post brought me great joy T J ) thanks everyone...for everything.

JEb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoopdeedoo Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:45 pm

Jeb,

Much love to you and your family. You will inspire them no doubt just by (them) being by your side. Take care.

Hoop
Hoopdeedoo
Hoopdeedoo

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:54 pm

Jeb

Hard to come here in a "business" as usual sense. Cause it isn't for any of us. Still having a hard time digesting with Greenkillers appology but if you can accept it I sure as hell ought too!

Hope you are as comfortable as can be and can get out of the hospital soon. Keep postin as much as you can cause we need you here!

Marcus's games over the weekend (Saturday) were pretty bad lost them both to a team in Canada. (Big friggin kids for 16 year olds) Marcus had our only RBI in the first game with a double to left center one of our only hits (3). (lost 11-1) Second game we jump out to a 2-0 lead till the 4th inning. Marcus was pitching but he lost it completely. 5 walks 3 hits and seven runs later the coach pulled him. We ended up losing 7-2. He is really struggling with his control and even his speed is down.

He said he figured out last evening when he was throwing to me out back what was wrong. He was throwing fine last evening too, then we go in the house and he tells me it is the Ionic Titanium necklace that he wears and he has it on too much thus he has too much negative energy. Here is a photo

Jeb Update - Page 2 Black_10

Now I think he has something wrong with him in the head too! I asked him it he fell on his head recently and got some silly knocked into him.

Anyway we'll see the next time he pitches. Gotta be better than the last time out.

beat

Last edited by beat on Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:09 pm

Beat - You know, as they say, any port in a storm. So if he thinks that, let him think it!! The power of positive thinking. Maybe next time he will throw a shutout.!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:41 am

Rosalie

You have been just wonderful to me throughout my sickness and during my whole membership on the board....I just love to read your post.

Best

JEBSTer
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:42 am

LUV YA JEB---I JUST WANT YOU TO KEEP YOUR CHIN UP AND KEEP PLUGGING.
ONE NEVER KNOWS WHAT PLAN GOD HAS FOR US, SO YOU MIGHT AS WELL GIVE IT A REAL SHOT!! GOD KNOWS WE ARE ALL PLUGGING FOR YOU HERE.

ISN'T IT WONDERFUL THAT YOU CAN HAVE SO MANY FRIENDS THAT YOU HAVE NEVER MET WHO LOVE YOU SO MUCH????? IT'S A WONDER.

THINKING OF YOU DAILY.

LOVE
ROSALIE
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:42 am

LUV YA JEB---I JUST WANT YOU TO KEEP YOUR CHIN UP AND KEEP PLUGGING.
ONE NEVER KNOWS WHAT PLAN GOD HAS FOR US, SO YOU MIGHT AS WELL GIVE IT A REAL SHOT!! GOD KNOWS WE ARE ALL PLUGGING FOR YOU HERE.

ISN'T IT WONDERFUL THAT YOU CAN HAVE SO MANY FRIENDS THAT YOU HAVE NEVER MET WHO LOVE YOU SO MUCH????? IT'S A WONDER.

THINKING OF YOU DAILY.

LOVE
ROSALIE
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:41 am

Nice Jeb. Glad to see you out here and hope you are keeping the faith my friend.

mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:33 pm

hey friends

back home...meeting with hospice people and trying to settle into the rest of my life.

Thanks for all of the caring words and specialy from gk am tj.

That exchange was meaningful on an i swear to god global stage.

jEb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:42 pm

Thinking of you Jebster!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:33 pm

Welcome home my friend. I have been thinking about you daily. Hope things calm down a bit and you and Dawn can have some time together to just enjoy each other.

Keep the faith, Jeb. We are all pulling for you here. What a wonderful place to come and just enjoy the words of so many friends.

Again, thinking of you......

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Jeb Update - Page 2 Empty Hi Jeb

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:45 pm

It has been a while since you have dropped us a note and let us know how all is going with you. I know you came home and met with the hospice
people, here's hoping that they have brought you some comfort during these trying times.

Well, I just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you. I thought maybe you went on strike with the rest of the league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Take care, will write again soon.

much love
Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:13 pm

Jeb,

I think of you everyday. Literally, every single day.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:27 pm

Guys and gals

Went to Tennessee on get this (a private jet!) His ( co)...(shoot! my old fren John's company) has access to one and he sent it to Austin to pick Dawn ad I up. Last night I went to another benefit show my sweet little music scene buddies and I was able to last around 6 hours and receive a ton of unchecked loved pointed my way. I have until friday to see family all the friends from living here for 25 years.

Then Dawn and I may fly to Manhattan to meet with an alt doc named Gonzalez who is having good results battling pancreatic....then see him and see what he says and head out to san fran an begin that round of beautiful goodbyes...all of my love to you guys.

Jeb

Last edited by jeb on Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:20 pm

Hey Jeb,

Before you make your San Fran plans, give us all as much notice as you can. A few of us would like to reprise the party of last year if you don't think it would be too much for you. Hopefully this time you won't have to pound the hills on that bike. Baby Sky Hook really wants to get in on a party, but he can't do it until after July 22. Obviously you'll probably want to do it sooner rather than later, but give us some notice and, if you feel like it, we'll cook up something.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:23 am

Jeb

I think of you often. Enjoy the moment.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:07 am

Jeb,

Glad you are enjoying the jet setting. Soak it all up buddy!

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:23 pm

jeb

If your going to be in NYC please let us know, theres a few NYers that would love to see you and buy you dinner sometime.

cow

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:45 pm

And Jeb if you come to NYC some of us from Massachusetts will make the trip too.

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:01 pm

Man I will damn sure do JUST that...another grand day filled with love just 360 here in the state uh Tennessee ...Life is filled with beauty.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next