Outside
beat
Sam
24 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Jeb Update - Page 4 Empty Re: Jeb Update

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:35 pm

God Bless them both, my heart is breaking.

Thank you Sam for at least letting us know. I will not bother you again, as I am sure you will let us know when things change.

Thanks again

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:43 pm

Jeb, prayin for ya Bro...
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Rosalie,

It's never a bother. I just wish I had better news to report.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:17 am

Sam,

Thank you for updating us.
I wish there was something we could do for Jeb and Dawn.
I feel terrible thinking about what Jeb has been going through.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:31 am

Yesterday, I received a call from someone who used to post here under the name of DJ but has been too busy to do so lately. He also happens to be a long-time friend of Jeb from Chattanooga. He's hoping to post a very recent update but has had some difficulty getting on the board. He will be able to keep us in the loop about Jeb's condition.

I won't steal his thunder, except to say (1) the news is day-to-day and (2) Jeb has a lot of very loyal friends I never knew about.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:29 pm

Jeb:

From what I know of you from your postings, you are a proud man who has always espoused a hard work ethic. You are who you are, not pretentious, straightforward, yet very compassionate and down to earth. I marvel at how you are able to hang tough in the face of adversity. It's hurtful to think of your suffering. I think the board members to a man, or woman can be thankful for how your postings touched us all. God will let you know when HE needs you to join Johnny Most, Red, Siegfreid, & DJ. In the meantime enjoy your time on earth to the fullest and stay true to your faith in THE SAVIOUR. God be with you, and your wife and family.

MD!

Last edited by MDCelticsFan on Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : incorrect spacing)

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:23 am

One of Jeb's very good friends used to post on this board under the name DJ. He hasn't had time to do so recently, but he has been knocking himself out to post about Jeb's situation, about which he's intimately aware. Something's preventing him from logging on. NYCelt is working on the problem, but I'm posting a message (below) he sent to keep the board informed. It's much appreciated.

Sam

-------

Jeb is in hospice and has been since Wednesday---it's day to day now and he's without too much pain.He and Dawn are surrounded by loved ones.They did make a trip up to Chattanooga a few weeks ago where there was a benefit held at one of the local venues where all of his musical friends played (5 bands) --with about 400 people in attendance.The love in the room that nite was overwhelming and he was in great spirits.

The night before he left we had a special gathering for his closest friends at our home---about 50 of us laughed,cried,sang our hearts out and pretended that everything was going to be ok.

I met Jeb in 1983 when I hired him to work for me----we became close very quickly although we were 15 years difference.

This is what he is---

a terrific gutty hoop player

an even better tennis competitor

a well known (in Chatt.) leader of a punk band in the 80's

a musical historian

an avorous reader of books

an incomparable wordsmith--(you guys should know that i'm sure)

a uncompromising loyal friend

celtic lover--thru the good and bad

I know how much this forum and the relationships formed here are a true blessing for him.I will do my best to keep everyone informed.

Thanks for caring so much about our friend. Bob
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:41 am

Bob,

Thanks so much for the update. I had a feeling we weren't the only ones that felt that way about him. Some of the things you listed I didn't know, and I suspect Jeb is just too humble to fill us in on his talents and accomplishments.

Keep 'em coming!

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:25 am

Many thanks for letting us know how Jeb is doing. We have been posting here on this site for a couple of years, game after game we would be enlightened by Jeb and his wonderful humor. We all became "cyber friends", although some of the guys on here have met Jeb and had the chance to get to know him better. Jeb and I formed a friendship I will always hold dear to my heart.
It is funny how a love of something as simple as basketball and the Celtics could become such a love fest. We wrote back and forth daily, and during the games. I grew to love his wit and humor, and his love of the team I have loved since I was young.

Please, please give my love to Jeb, tell him how much I miss him here on line and that my prayers at night include him daily. Please keep us up to date,
we all care so much for him.

Thank you

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:57 am

Thanks for posting the info.

With a tear in my eye, and a lump in my throat........

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4