Sam
Outside
sinus007
bobheckler
RosalieTCeltics
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

RUMOR RAY ALLEN WANTS BACK INTO BOSTON Empty RUMOR RAY ALLEN WANTS BACK INTO BOSTON

Post by 112288 Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:37 pm

FROM REDS ARMY VIA NBC RADIO SPORTS BOSTON

NBA on NBC Boston
‏@NBAonNBCBoston

People close to Ray Allen claiming he is thinking about opting out of his contract hoping to return to Boston for 1 year & retire a Celtic.

Back to top Go down

RUMOR RAY ALLEN WANTS BACK INTO BOSTON Empty Re: RUMOR RAY ALLEN WANTS BACK INTO BOSTON

Post by 112288 Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:38 pm

Ray,

You made your bed....now sleep in it.....traitor!

Back to top Go down

RUMOR RAY ALLEN WANTS BACK INTO BOSTON Empty Re: RUMOR RAY ALLEN WANTS BACK INTO BOSTON

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:11 pm

There is no way this happens. He kicked dirt on the Celtics, and there is no way DA takes him back. Can you imagine the garbage that would be written? Anyway, I do not believe it at all. Just NBA garbage time.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:26 pm

There are many players who leave one team to another due to personality clashes, like the one reported ad nauseum between Ray and the mercurial Rondo, or in pursuit of a ring. Kevin Garnett wanted to leave Minny after it was made clear to him they were going into rebuilding phase and he only wanted to go to a team that was only one player, him, away. If you remember, he killed a proposed trade to Boston when it would have been just him and Pierce, reversing himself only after Ray was picked up. So, it wasn't because he was enamored with the roster, the captain, the coaching staff or our illustrious history. It was because he was pragmatically calculating his chances and didn't like the odds with just him and Pierce. It's called "self-interest".

Can anybody honestly say that Miami, with Wade and LeBron and Bosh and Battier, weren't better positioned for a championship than we were? They are younger, had talent, had come damn close to winning the year before, overcame that loss and won the next year and were the reigning champs.

Sure, it sucks that he went to Miami for less money than he was offered here, but if you want to choke your starting point guard AND you feel like you are being jerked around and not being given the same due as KG and Pierce by Danny by constantly being dangled as trade bait, taking a paycut for a change of scenery makes sense. Ray is a big family man and the stress as he approached the trade deadline was disruptive to his family.

I don't know if this rumor is true. If true, I don't know if Ray wants back because, after a season in Miami's locker room, he's realizing that the grass is not greener than when you're actually wearing green or if he just wants to seize an opportunity to rehab his image and reputation. I've not heard anything, anywhere, ever that has said that Walter Ray Allen isn't a consummate gentleman. He has said, publicly, that he was surprised by the reaction by the crowd in Boston when he came into town. We, as Celtic fans, might understand the crowd's reaction, but it would appear he misjudged it and, perhaps, he wants to make amends.

If Ray Allen is willing to "kiss and make up", I'm willing to forgive and forget. If Danny trades Paul Pierce, killing his dream of spending every minute of his career in green, I would hope he'd rise above that and accept that life, and business, oft take interesting turns and not hold it against Wyc etal.

The pill would definitely go down easier if we could do a trade with Miami where they took Crawford or JET in exchange for Ray. Wouldn't it?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:42 pm

Bob,

He offers the Celtics very little outside of his shooting which could go down hill soon because of his age. He is not good defensively and he is a step slower.

Besides, there would be some problems created in the locker room. Better to start fresh with a new group.

SORRY.....BUT NO THANKS!

Last edited by 112288 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:52 pm

Hi,
I agree with Bobh's comment.
In addition, I wonder why this rumor popped-up now? Is RA testing waters? If so, how it's connected to the current state of his current team?

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:18 pm

We may say that Ray left because Miami has a better chance of winning a championship, just like Garnett left Minny for Boston because they were able to get RA.

Let me point out that at that juncture in time....Garnett did not win a championship with Minny and his window of opportunity was closing due to age.
However, Ray won a championship here...he was not seeking his first RING!

Plain and simple, he stuck it to Celtic fans and management.

He may be the best community relations guy.......and that is great........but we are talking basketball and team loyalty...............not The Oprah Show and a feel good story of reunion!

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:47 pm

For once, I can agree with you. I loved Ray Allen for years, prayed for him to become a Celtic and rejoiced when he came here. His leaving really left a bad taste in my mouth, and I am usually not like that. He broke my heart, I will tell you that.
Furthermore, I am very protective of my Celtic's and their image. Ray going to Miami and bad mouthing DA and the team turned me against him. I know it is a business, but, there was more to this than meets the eye.

We are really wasting too much time on a story I believe is fake. Ray has too much pride to swallow the pill and admit he made a mistake.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:55 pm

Rosalie,

Agreed! To me RA is just a good memory when he wore green and played for us!

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:39 pm

I think I'll deposit this in a special receptacle I keep for questionable news items.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:04 pm

Outside, was that receptacle invented by a man named Sir Thomas Crapper?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Outside Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:29 pm

Sam,

I believe so, but I call it the Stephen A. Hole.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:50 pm

In certain circles it may be called a water closet.

"What's in a name? That which we call a receptacle.
By any other name would smell as rank."

Stephen A. Shakespeare

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:39 pm

Ray Allen is worse than when he left.

He can forget it.
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:24 pm

It's really worth re-reading Bob's post because it sounds like some may have missed his point.

Probably the best, most rational read on the Ray Allen situation I've ever seen.

Says it for me 101%.

I've always thought Boston fans that turned bitterly against Ray after his decision need to get over it and realize what he has meant and will mean to the Celtics legacy.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:46 pm

I am fully aware that RA did what he felt was in his best interest. For that, I don't blame him. His actions on how he went about it were questionable, but all in all, I have seen worse.

Above all else, Boston needs to do what's in their best interest, too. That means getting younger. RA is another year older and slower. I fail to see how this helps the current predicament.

RA is in the same boat as PP and KG. All are older players that are watching the Sun set on their careers. Does Boston really need to show RA sentimentality, in addition to the same given to KG and PP? There were trades on the table for KG, PP that should have been taken but weren't. That is precisely the course of action that got the team to where it is now. The management's inability to do what's necessary even though it hurts is why Boston is on the precipice of mediocrity while carrying a huge salary cap burden.

There's always the 1-day contract option if he wants to retire a Celtic.

k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:00 am

Also, he and Rondo don't see eye to eye..
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:13 am

KJ,

I had mentioned some should re-read Bob's post because I didn't read anything within it that necessarily endorses taking Ray back.

I don't think we need Ray back either, and it doesn't appear Bob is saying he thinks we should or should not; that didn't appear to be his point. I'd have to agree with the statement, however, that it would be more palatable (in theory anyway) if we could give up JET and Crawford in exchange.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:17 am

Bob H,

No, the pill would get stuck sideways, like the knife Ray stuck in my heart.

I don't have anything against Crawford or Jet. They are Celtics, until they are not by their own choosing.

Elephantly yours,

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by swedeinestonia Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:58 am

Depends on how much he wants and what he expects his role to be no? I would say he is worth the veterans minimum to come off the bench.

If it is true that he wants to make amends then it is also possible he is willing to take little money and smaller role. There might be a role and spot for him if the right trade possibilities appear and they can move Terry/Pierce or something like that for a legit big.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:35 am

Who?????

The only Allen I'd like to see in green again is named tony..
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:51 am

I do not believe this rumor...
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:04 am

gyso wrote:Bob H,

No, the pill would get stuck sideways, like the knife Ray stuck in my heart.

I don't have anything against Crawford or Jet. They are Celtics, until they are not by their own choosing.

Elephantly yours,

gyso

gyso,

How about Tony Allen? He left of his own accord just like Ray, even though we were offering him more money just like Ray. If he wanted to come back, would you welcome him with open arms? He was a good defender when he left and injury prone (he dribbled way too high too) when he left. Now, he's an elite defender, First Team All-Defense and considered the finest perimeter defender in the league, and has stayed injury free, playing in 79 games last season.

Would you shoot his return down with an elephant gun too?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:32 pm

bob h,

The two situations (TA and RA) are very different. The only thing that was "just like Ray" was that the Celtics made both players an offer and they both left.

You may have to remind me for how much and how many years the offers were for TA, because (as far as I can remember) I didn't think the offers were substantially different.

TA wasn't a keystone player and he didn't go to a arch-rival. I really wasn't all that upset that TA left.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by pete Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:04 pm

I do not see Ray having any interest in returning to Boston, nor do I have an interest in that happening.

I would however welcome a motivated, healthy, Bill Walton of 30 yrs ago!!!!

Happy off season everyone, where we hang on every rumor, and use everything we hear as a way to pass the time.

Pete
pete
pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next