Comments From The Other Side - vs Pistons, Home

2 posters

Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Pistons, Home Empty Comments From The Other Side - vs Pistons, Home

Post by bobheckler Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:22 am

This is a key game, definitely very losable.

Humphries is killing us lol.

Celtics vs. Us in the tank-off This should be awesome.

I don't know if I should root for Boston or Detroit!!! This middle of the disaster zone madness needs to stop.

I'm watching purely out of a sick sense of obligation.

Humphries looks like Blake Griffin

Neither team looks interested in playing. NBA is a joke sometimes.

I'm so tired of this season This team Josh Smith is ruining my life.

It goes so much beyond Smiff and his horrible humanity. People are putting him into position to do the damage he does. None of them should have a job.

Too bad there is no way to just forfeit the rest of the season.

Joss Smiff is having a great game. What a piece of shit.  (MY NOTE:  I wonder if any of these posters realize what a sick and pathetic pathos this comment reveals?  A key player on my team is having a great game so I hate him.)

NBA TV means Celtics announcers :(I think the color commentator is drunk. Or senile. Or both.

How long ago was Olynyk in Dazed and Confused?

Josh Smith makes my head hurt.

If Rondo could even semi shoot I would really support trying to acquire him. Even now I am still tempted.

Olynyk for Monroe

Olynyk's nickname should be Bloke-ahontas.

Who is Babb?

Given how hard it is to tank in the east, the Pistons can really be proud of themselves if they pull it off Hopefully they’ll ride a post-tank wave of momentum into next season just like… umm… Washington?

Olynik definitely fills the Boston Big-Pasty-WHite Guy-To-Find-Annoying quotient Although none will ever annoy me as much as Kevin McHale did when I was a teenager watching the Pistons,. His secret post move was flashing his sweaty hairy armpits at the unsuspecting defender. Nasty nasty move

It's weird that we are "Tanking" by merely playing the roster as constructed

Holy crap Josh Smith is getting worse every game, he really wants to tank

This is the worst basketball team I have ever watched, I don’t understand why I continue to watch every single game

I feel like every Josh Smith clank I die a little inside.

That's why he shoots so many airballs. To keep your insides alive.

Oh god that might be the most hilarious thing ever. Fouling Josh Smith on a three point attempt.

Oh that's cute Looks like Boston is trying to out tank us

They have a very good coach and tons of draft pics.

Well, we don't have a coach, but we have a ton of... Oh boy...

They have a smart / creative (and ruthless) GM, tons of pics, and a very good coach.

How would anyone know whether he's a "very good coach." Nothing is expected from the Celtics this season, and they're more than meeting that expectation. He hasn't elevated them to anything. Maybe he's awesome, but nothing from this season shows that.  (MY NOTE:  You are your record).

Good lord, they have a worse record than we do.

I’d hate to think that this is us “trying”.

The sad thing is I think we may actually be trying

Josh Smith is overpaid. Just thought I’d throw that out there.

Josh Smith would be overpaid if he owed us money.

Jennigs for rondo plzzzzzzz,should have bought while his value was down.

We are bad at the game of basketball.

Smith's great defense

Comments From The Other Side - vs Pistons, Home 842920715

Rondo: 9 assists to D-Leaguers Pistons team: 4 assists

WHY IS ANYONE STILL HERE?!

Boston knows how to tank properly and will make sure they lose this game in the second half. We'll win by 5-6 points yet.

We need this loss... If we can slip under Boston and New York we’d have a great chance to keep that lottery pick

Dre has as many boards as the whole Celtics team

I'm having problem with whoever guarding Jeff green.

Josh Smith is guarding him But I don’t know if Smiff knows what the word means

We just f***ed up a jump ball No one is out tanking us

My god, I'm actually rooting for Boston. (MY NOTE: It gets easier the more you do it. Try it).

Tanking is a magical thing, is it not?

Just watching how a real pg makes his teammates look,makes me jealous.Rondo is such a good passer and has great court vision.

Rondo would have been huge if we could have got him

They want nothing on our roster outside of Drummond. Ask any Celtic fan. Even a package starting with Monroe is laughable to Celtic fans. Ainge isn't dumber than their fans.  (MY NOTE:  FWIW, I'm just fine with including Monroe in a package)

Damnit Boston! Don't screw this up!

Rondo has some beautiful passes

Gotta give Josh credit in 1 area, his shooting is so God awful that he probably gives Drummond 5-6 more offensive boards per game trying to clean up his trash.

What an upgrade Jeff Green would be at the 3 for us.  (MY NOTE:  How about sliding Smith to 4 and trading us Green for Monroe?)

Come on Celtics close this game out...

We better not win this

Nope Boston, you can't out tank us sorry

Rondo was just in our huddle lol I can get used to seeing that

The Celtics, right now, I think get the 7th pick. Maybe they can pick up another Olynyk. I like Kelly, but we aren't talking about expected all-star or superstar at that selection.

If Rondo was playing for the Pistons he'd have 5 assists tonight on the exact same open looks. We can't shoot it into the ocean.

Yeah. Rondo has the luxury of D-Leaguers...

Well this one's over. A win for the tank tonight. Its amazing that we're only 2 games out of the 4th pick now.

I think the NBA tried to tank this one for Boston, but our ineptitude was too much for the refs to overcome. They gave us 39 FTs to only 21 for Boston, and about 6-8 of those 21 were in garbage time when we were playing the foul game.

Depressing too to see the full house in Boston when the Celts suck and are playing a sucky team

I do like Brad Stevens Lot of poise for such a young man.

Hopefully this becomes a reality. Baxter Holmes: Ex-Oak Hill teammates Josh Smith & Rondo have talked a/b teaming up. Smith: “We always tell each other how surreal a moment that would be.” Twitter @BaxterHolmes
Something tells me that Rondo is not as fond of the idea.  (MY NOTE:  He might like the idea, just not in Detroit).

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Comments From The Other Side - vs Pistons, Home Empty Re: Comments From The Other Side - vs Pistons, Home

Post by Outside Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:14 pm

bobheckler wrote:Hopefully this becomes a reality. Baxter Holmes: Ex-Oak Hill teammates Josh Smith & Rondo have talked a/b teaming up. Smith: “We always tell each other how surreal a moment that would be.” Twitter @BaxterHolmes
Something tells me that Rondo is not as fond of the idea. (MY NOTE: He might like the idea, just not in Detroit).
Rondo might say he likes the idea for old times sake, but I sincerely hope that he's not in favor of bringing Smith to Boston.

I thought at one point that Smith might "get it" in Atlanta, but I think he will always be a guy who gets lots of stats on an underperforming team and will always be a reason the team is underperforming. I guess there's always hope -- Zach Randolph is the poster child for that -- but it's not the way to bet.
Outside
Outside

Back to top Go down