sinus007
international
bobheckler
kdp59
Sam
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Special Thread for Transactions and Rumors around the Trade Deadline  Empty Special Thread for Transactions and Rumors around the Trade Deadline

Post by Sam Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:15 pm

Given the possibility that rumors and/or news could be fast and furious for the next 27 hours, I thought I'd start a separate thread just for transactions (including rumored ones).

First, Hoops Hype says Colton Iverson will be with the Celtics'' Summer League team again this summer.  (I tried to cut and paste the item but somehow lost it.  Not important enough for a second attempt; you'll have to trust me.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Special Thread for Transactions and Rumors around the Trade Deadline  Empty Re: Special Thread for Transactions and Rumors around the Trade Deadline

Post by kdp59 Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:17 pm

it always takes me a "double " cut from Hoopshype to cut and paste..not sure why?

but it's become my "go-to" site for NBA RUMORS.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Special Thread for Transactions and Rumors around the Trade Deadline  Empty Re: Special Thread for Transactions and Rumors around the Trade Deadline

Post by Sam Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:15 pm

kdp,

Good to know.  Thanks.

Yes, I get the feeling Hoops Hype is refreshed more frequently than other sites.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:17 pm

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/18/report-reggie-jackson-requests-a-trade-from-thunder/

Jackson for a future first and trade exception to them.

easy one.

we hold his rights as RFA next year.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:53 pm

kdp,

You just beat me to the punch, as I was about to post about Jackson.  They wouldn't have to worry about his walking as a RFA because they'd hold his Bird rights.  He's a pretty good two-way "1" and would allow the Celtics to use Even Turner in roles better suited to his skills rather than trying to force-fit him as a "1."  I like Reggie's size (6' 3") at the "1."  The Celtics could absorb his low salary with a trade exception, and the Thunder wouldn't want players—just draft picks-because they're trying to save every dollar they can.  I just don't know whether Reggie's a good enough ball distributor to be a long-term answer at the position.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:08 pm

Alex Kennedy @AlexKennedyNBA about 40 minutes ago
Rival executives say that Indiana is open to trading Roy Hibbert. Nothing is imminent, but the Pacers would move him for the right offer.

Reply Retweet Favorite

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:12 pm

Gary Washburn @GwashburnGlobe 1 minute ago
Marcus Thornton reiterates his desire to remain with #Celtics

Reply Retweet Favorite

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:14 pm

Jay King @ByJayKing about 10 minutes ago
Brandon Bass vehemently denied that he would have any interest in a buyout. Said he wasn't aware of report saying he could be a candidate

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:15 pm

Jay King @ByJayKing about 51 minutes ago
Woj: Suns want "young player with significant potential" + one or two 1st-round picks for Dragic. sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--…

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:14 am

Article by someone named Adam Kauffman on why the Celtics should not go after Drajic.

Sam

There’s no disputing Dragic’s talent. He’s an accurate shooter and efficient scorer with a career .467 percentage from the field and an improving look from beyond the arc at a career .363 mark. Those totals have improved to .503 and .388, respectively, since the start of last season.

Like many point guards across the league as the position has evolved, Dragic has often been relied upon to put up points in recent seasons – 17.3 points a game since becoming a full-time starter to begin the 2012-13 campaign, with a career-best 20.3 average last year – and he’s a fine distributor with six assists a night over his last two-and-a-half years. He’s grown into an elite playmaker.

No question, his arrival would improve the Celtics offensively since he’d provide more from the backcourt in that regard than either Marcus Smart orAvery Bradley on most nights.

However, Dragic is also in his seventh season and on the cusp on free agency. He’s going to be traded because he has no interest with re-signing in Phoenix. Why, with the exception of a larger payday (by about $25 million) and an extra year, would he elect to remain in Boston with a rebuilding franchise if he’s dealt to the Celtics? Are those caveats enough to keep him in the Hub? Would they outweigh his lack of interest in playing in a three-guard situation (unless Bradley went the other way in the deal); one of the main reasons his numbers have regressed this year and he’s looking for a new home? That’s a risky play for Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge to potentially pay a high price for a rental.

Moreover, Dragic will turn 30 next season. Seems a tad old to be the centerpiece of a rebuild, unless Ainge is prepared to go all-in now, or this offseason. That means moving the majority of his future assets to surround Dragic with the right pieces and target a second pseudo-overnight rebuild with the hope of creating another window to be competitive with the likes of the Cavaliers, Bulls, Wizards, Raptors, and Hawks for future seasons. At least the Nuggets’ Ty Lawson is only 27 and Dragic’s Suns teammate Isaiah Thomasjust turned 26. Both men are also said to be on the block.

Then there’s the Smart factor. As I wrote about concerning the C’s reported interest in Lawson, the Celts made their bed, if you will, when they selected the 20-year-old sixth overall last June. Everyone knew at the time that decision spelled the end of the Rajon Rondo era and that a new point guard of the future was to be groomed. Now, after steady development on both sides of the ball as a rookie, is the team prepared to shift Smart off the ball or even relegate him to the bench behind both Dragic and Bradley for multiple seasons to come?

It doesn’t make any logical sense, especially with Smart improving while on an inexpensive rookie contract. Of the positions that need upgrading on Boston’s roster, the guard position should not be the area of focus. That’s what makes the DeMarcus Cousins conversation, however unrealistic, so intriguing and downright mouthwatering.

Dragic is a star, not a superstar like Cousins, but a star; something Ainge is lacking. But dealing several important pieces, be it draft picks or otherwise, for a star with few prime years left is a desperation move.

Ainge doesn’t make those. He won’t make this one either, unless the asking price is a whole lot less than conventional wisdom would dictate and he receives assurances Dragic plans on house-hunting in Boston soon.

Follow me on Twitter at @AdamMKaufman and email me here.
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:59 pm

not Celtic related, but....

looks like the B. Lopex to OKC deal is back on, with Perkins and R. Jackson going to the Nets.

and it seems Miami has offered those two first rounders for Dragic now!

if that goes down, no chance for I. Thomas to be moved, I suppose.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:06 pm

For those who have had visions of Danny Ainge glued to the telephone, why was he able to take the time to be interviewed on Hub-Whatever this morning?

It's 2:00, and I'm going to a movie.  In case Danny swaps the entire team with that of another franchise, or something equally earthshaking, I'll leave word with an usher to page me.  But I don't expect to miss any of the movie.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by international Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:52 pm

Kevin Garnett was traded back to Minnesotta for Thadeus Young.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by international Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:03 pm

Reggie Jackson traded to Detroit,Goran Dragic to Miami.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:05 pm

Wojo says Isaiah Thomas to Celts.  NBA office backed up in approving trades.

Sam

Last edited by sam on Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:05 pm

Hi,
It looks like Isaiah Thomas going green.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:12 pm

Thornton and first from Cleveland for Thomas.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:20 pm

Adrian Wojnarowski
@WojYahooNBA

For Isaiah Thomas, Boston will send Marcus Thornton and a 2016 first-round pick via Cleveland to Phoenix, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:25 pm

Isaiah Thomas, under contract for three more years.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/phoenix.htm

2014/15 $7,238,606

2015/16 $6,912,869
2016/17 $6,587,131
2017/18 $6,261,394

His salary goes down each year. I've never seen that before.

Back to top Go down

Post by international Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:31 pm

Prince to Detroit for Jerebko and Datome.

international

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:39 pm

International, is that an actual trade that has been made, or is it your idea about a possible trade?

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:44 pm

I just answered my own question.  Prince gone to Detroit for Jerebko and Datome according to Sports Hub Radio in Boston.
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:54 pm

So much movement it is unreal. JaVale McGee to Philly,KG back in Minnie, Prince gone to Detroit, I can't keep up with them.

Oh, Cow, Perk gone to Utah. Sorry friend, looks like he won[t be coming back here

This is the most movement I have seen in a few years on the final day

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:58 pm

Datome has played in only three games in this, his second season.  Sounds like a buyout prospect to me unless International can convince me that, as an Italian-born player, he deserves more of a chance.

Jerebko plays only 15 mpg and is yet another power forward @ 6' 10", 231.  I've noticed that he plays well against the Celtics, and I had thought he was a rising player in the estimation of the Pistons.  He shoots .514 on twos, .368 on threes, .865 on free throws, and scores 5.2 with 4.3 rebounds in his 15 minutes.

Sam

Well, at least Prince is getting his wish to go to a contender.  Oh wait!
Sam
Sam
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:06 pm

Not a bad move with Thomas, I guess.  Cleveland's first rounder in 2016 wasn't likely to be at the top of the pile and Thornton wasn't going to be coming back next season.

Thomas does make a small backcourt even smaller however.  Not a big playmaker, so no help there, but his contract is manageable enough that he could be packaged out in a trade this summer.  He is shooting the three better this year than he has in the past.

My guess is he's not too long-term here, but I have to root for a guy who is my size playing in the NBA.

Datome and Jerebko from the Prince deal are probably not getting a locker, so no change there.

It looks like we'll play it out and see what the draft brings.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next