arambone
Shamrock1000
wideclyde
14 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

2016 Free Agency Tracker and Rumors Empty 2016 Free Agency Tracker and Rumors

Post by bobheckler Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:04 pm

Well, after a couple of days of hyperventilating, positively or negatively, about Danny's draft we are now only 5 days away from open hunting season on free agents.

Here's some, to start:

Darren Wolfson: Heard today Wizards/Celtics/Heat also expected to be in mix for Horford. #Twolves likely call. But won’t get him. twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/… 16 hours ago – via Twitter DWolfsonKSTP

MY NOTE:  The T-Wolves have Towns and Dieng and they want Whiteside too?  ???  Also, how can the Heat be in the mix for Horford if they are struggling to re-sign Whiteside?  And the Wiz want Horford when they have Gortat?  Nene is at the end of his contract and, apparently, they aren't planning on re-signing him.

The good news is that we are in the mix for Horford.

bob

Last edited by gyso on Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:05 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Made into a sticky and added "Tracker" to the title.)
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

2016 Free Agency Tracker and Rumors Empty Re: 2016 Free Agency Tracker and Rumors

Post by wideclyde Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:20 pm

I would say that if Horford does not resign with Atlanta and those are the only teams interested in him that the Cs should have a great chance to get him if they either think that he is a max contract guy for the next four years and if he can help land Durant. The Heat may be heading downhill with Wade's age very likely to creep up on them and Bosh has a serious illness that is not fixable with ice and tape. Minnesota is at least a little behind Boston in their own rebuild and it may not fit Horford's next contract. And, I doubt that the Wizards are going to be much further ahead of us either in their own chase to catch the Cavaliers mostly because they do not have Stevens and staff.

Horford is a much better version of Sullinger in many ways, but I am not sure that he is a max level type guy and would be leary if he is the only free agent coming our way. But, as has been mentioned on the forum many times by many posters, it is not my money so spend it anyway Ainge wants to spend it.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

2016 Free Agency Tracker and Rumors Empty Re: 2016 Free Agency Tracker and Rumors

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:42 pm

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/al-horford-expected-draw-free-agent-interest-boston-celtics

AL HORFORD 'EXPECTED TO DRAW FREE-AGENT INTEREST' FROM BOSTON CELTICS

By Kevin O'Connor June 28, 2016 12:05 PM

Al Horford will reportedly have a long list of suitors when NBA free agency opens on July 1, according to ESPN's Marc Stein. The Celtics are one of eight teams expected to pursue Horford, a list that also includes the Hawks, Lakers, Rockets, Magic, Pistons, Wizards, and Nets.

Stein adds that, in addition to wanting to re-sign Horford, the Hawks are “trying to wedge their way into the Kevin Durant sweepstakes.”

Zach Lowe reported in February that Durant had interest in playing with Horford next season. They entered the league together in 2007 and have remained friends. If that’s true, it’s good news for the Celtics. They are the only team on the list of eight teams that can sign both Durant and Horford to max contracts without moving a single piece to make it work.

A few other teams, like the Hawks and Magic, would have to sacrifice talent to free up the necessary cap space. No reports have indicated Durant has interest in Atlanta anyway, only that they want a shot at him. Who doesn't?

If Stein’s report is accurate, the Celtics will probably look to pair Durant and Horford together as part of their pitch to the superstar.

Horford would solve Boston’s rim protection issues, and provide some spacing. And Durant would…well, you know the deal: he’s a Hall of Famer in the prime of his career.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:53 pm

Not a free agent, but news nevertheless:

Cavs Intend To Keep Core Together For Title Defense

JUN 27, 2016 11:23 PM

David Griffin anticipates the Cleveland Cavaliers defending their title with their same core.

There has been speculation that the Cavaliers could listen to trade offers for Kevin Love.

"We do intend to keep this group together and see what we're capable of," Griffin said.

‎"I think our best basketball's in front of us because we finally organically grew to the point that we were ready to achieve something together," Griffin said. "And so I expect you're going to see better play from Kyrie Irving, who I think took a huge jump both as an individual talent and a winner throughout these playoffs. [And] I think Kevin's fit with us is much more clearly defined."

The Cavaliers have six free agents, most notably LeBron James, J.R. Smith and Matthew Dellavedova.

bob
MY NOTE:  Hallelujah! Take the hint, Danny, and move on.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:05 pm

one correction:

Zach Lowe reported in February that Durant had interest in playing with Horford next season. They entered the league together in 2007 and have remained friends. If that’s true, it’s good news for the Celtics. They are the only team on the list of eight teams that can sign both Durant and Horford to max contracts without moving a single piece to make it work.

in what world?

Celtics have over $76M accounted for counting holds. that's a whopping $18M under the cap. When did max contracts come in at $9M?

sad/sloppy reporting, trying to make Celtics fans think there is something big gonna happen.

Ainge CAN not pick up both Amir and Jerebko's second years, which free up another $17M...but that's hardly "without making a single move". And we'd only have $35M , again NOT ENOUGH FOR BOTH HORFORD and DURANT. (not that I think there is any chance in hell Durant signs here).

so now what?

renounce all three of our FA's...OK now your talking.... so we drop FIVE players and this guy thinks that not any moves?

like I said cheap/sorry writing to write something to make us feel good.

blah.....humbug
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:18 pm

kdp59 wrote:one correction:

in what world?

Celtics have over $76M accounted for counting holds. that's a whopping $18M under the cap. When did max contracts come in at $9M?

sad/sloppy reporting, trying to make Celtics fans think there is something big gonna happen.

Ainge CAN not pick up both Amir and Jerebko's second years, which free up another $17M...but that's hardly "without making a single move". And we'd only have $35M , again NOT ENOUGH FOR BOTH HORFORD and DURANT. (not that I think there is any chance in hell Durant signs here).

so now what?

renounce all three of our FA's...OK now your talking.... so we drop FIVE players and this guy thinks that not any moves?

like I said cheap/sorry writing to write something to make us feel good.

blah.....humbug

kdp,

Isn't NOT picking up a player's option "doing nothing"?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:47 pm

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2016/06/al_horford_free_agent_rumors_b.html

Al Horford free agent rumors: Boston Celtics interested, could he impact Kevin Durant sweepstakes?

2016 Free Agency Tracker and Rumors 20660129-mmmain
Atlanta Hawks center Al Horford will be a free agent target for the Boston Celtics in the 2016 offseason. (Curtis Compton/Atlanta Journal-Constitution/TNS)

Tom Westerholm | twesterh@masslive.com By Tom Westerholm | twesterh@masslive.com

on June 28, 2016 at 12:49 PM, updated June 28, 2016 at 12:52 PM

Atlanta Hawks center Al Horford is a free agent this offseason, and he's likely to draw significant interest from multiple teams, including the Boston Celtics.

From ESPN's Marc Stein:

The Hawks, of course, face a stiff challenge in trying to retain Horford, who sources say is expected to draw free-agent interest from a number of teams, including the Lakers, Rockets, Orlando Magic, Detroit Pistons, Washington Wizards, Boston Celtics and Brooklyn Nets.

No meeting between the Celtics and Horford has been reported yet, but it's not particularly surprising that Boston is interested in the All-Star center. After watching Horford play an enormous role in demolishing their frontline during the playoffs, the Celtics got a first-hand look at how dominant Horford can be, and his versatility on both ends would be an enormous help for a Boston team focused on improving quickly with the core it already has in place.

Horford would immediately become one of Boston's top offensive options with his ability to dominate smaller matchups in the post as well as his ability to stretch the floor back to the 3-point line, and his ability to guard big men, help from the weak side and protect the rim would make the Celtics' already potent defense even stronger.

Acquiring Horford could have an even greater impact for Boston. While the cap is rising quickly, the Celtics are one of the only teams with cap room for two max contracts, meaning Danny Ainge could bring in Horford and still have space to make a pitch to another superstar free agent.

The name that comes to mind first, of course, is Kevin Durant.

Follow
Brian Robb @CelticsHub
Worth noting: Celtics are only team on @ESPNSteinLine's list of Horford suitors that also have free agency meeting setup with Durant.
8:56 AM - 28 Jun 2016 · Boston, MA, United States
 139 139 Retweets   147 147 likes

Adding Horford would shore up Boston's frontline. Adding both Horford and Durant might immediately turn the Celtics into Eastern Conference contenders.

This is situation is likely why, even with the rising cap and an improving team, Ainge has put such an emphasis on maintaining both roster flexibility and strong role players. The Celtics have a nice roster but no superstars. Selling a superstar on Boston will require more than just the team's tradition — it will require a winning situation. With a good core and the potential to add multiple stars, the Celtics have set themselves up to make a strong pitch to both Horford and Durant.

bob
MY NOTE:  "Worth noting: Celtics are only team on @ESPNSteinLine's list of Horford suitors that also have free agency meeting setup with Durant."  Noteworthy?  I hope so, but could also just be coincidental.  If we're competitive enough to be one of only six teams to meet with Durant (five, if you want to discount his current team's inside position) then why wouldn't we be competitive enough to also be on Horford's list?

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:22 pm

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/06/28/report-sixers-to-make-run-at-restricted-free-agent-harrison-barnes/

Report: Sixers to make run at restricted free agent Harrison Barnes

By Kurt Helin

Jun 28, 2016, 5:06 PM EDT

After his Finals performance a lot of people are going to say “are you $&@$(% kidding me?!?” But Harrison Barnes is about to get paid. Like near the max of $22 million paid.

Golden State has his rights and can match any offer, but there is a sense around the league that they are looking at a retooling on the fly — targeting Kevin Durant or Al Horford — and they might let Barnes go. Teams are going to try and poach him.

One of those is Philadephia, reports Marc Stein of ESPN.

Follow
Marc Stein ✔ @ESPNSteinLine
The Sixers plan to be serious suitors for Golden State restricted free agent Harrison Barnes at the start of free agency, league sources say
12:46 PM - 28 Jun 2016
 1,206 1,206 Retweets   987 987 likes

Follow
The Warriors would have to shed Barnes if they're fortunate enough to win the Durant Sweepstakes; Barnes has made it clear he hopes to stay.
12:53 PM - 28 Jun 2016
 223 223 Retweets   271 271 likes

This makes sense for the Sixers. They are loaded with young talent up front — Jahlil Okafor, Nerlens Noel, Ben Simmons, Joel Embiid — and Barnes fits in with that age group, can play the three or the four, hits threes, and comes with the kind of experience young players often lack.

The free agency signing moratorium plays into the Warriors’ hands here. By July 9 when Barnes can formally sign a contract — either an offer from another team or re-signing with Golden State — the Warriors will know whether they landed Durant or Horford or swung any other big moves. If they did, they let Barnes go, if they don’t they bring him back regardless of price.

Barnes averaged 11.7 points a game, shot 38 percent from three, is active off the ball, and he is long and defends fairly well. His development seemed to stall out last season, but teams are betting that was more due to his role on the Warriors than anything else. It’s a risk to take a role player (even a talented young one) and thrust him into a new situation, but some teams — including the Sixers — will bet that his stock is still on the rise.

bob
MY NOTE:  Simmons, Saric, Barnes?  Center won't be the only position they'll have a logjam at.

Also, I thought the matching team has 3 days to match?  If Barnes gets an offer on 7/1, doesn't that mean GSW has to match it by 7/4?  He can't sign until 7/10, but they have to formally submit a matching bid by 7/4, don't they?  Calling Dr. Gyso!

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:20 pm

bobheckler wrote:http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/06/28/report-sixers-to-make-run-at-restricted-free-agent-harrison-barnes/

Report: Sixers to make run at restricted free agent Harrison Barnes

By Kurt Helin

Jun 28, 2016, 5:06 PM EDT

After his Finals performance a lot of people are going to say “are you $&@$(% kidding me?!?” But Harrison Barnes is about to get paid. Like near the max of $22 million paid.

Golden State has his rights and can match any offer, but there is a sense around the league that they are looking at a retooling on the fly — targeting Kevin Durant or Al Horford — and they might let Barnes go. Teams are going to try and poach him.

One of those is Philadephia, reports Marc Stein of ESPN.

Follow
The Sixers plan to be serious suitors for Golden State restricted free agent Harrison Barnes at the start of free agency, league sources say
12:46 PM - 28 Jun 2016
 1,206 1,206 Retweets   987 987 likes

Follow
The Warriors would have to shed Barnes if they're fortunate enough to win the Durant Sweepstakes; Barnes has made it clear he hopes to stay.
12:53 PM - 28 Jun 2016
 223 223 Retweets   271 271 likes

This makes sense for the Sixers. They are loaded with young talent up front — Jahlil Okafor, Nerlens Noel, Ben Simmons, Joel Embiid — and Barnes fits in with that age group, can play the three or the four, hits threes, and comes with the kind of experience young players often lack.

The free agency signing moratorium plays into the Warriors’ hands here. By July 9 when Barnes can formally sign a contract — either an offer from another team or re-signing with Golden State — the Warriors will know whether they landed Durant or Horford or swung any other big moves. If they did, they let Barnes go, if they don’t they bring him back regardless of price.

Barnes averaged 11.7 points a game, shot 38 percent from three, is active off the ball, and he is long and defends fairly well. His development seemed to stall out last season, but teams are betting that was more due to his role on the Warriors than anything else. It’s a risk to take a role player (even a talented young one) and thrust him into a new situation, but some teams — including the Sixers — will bet that his stock is still on the rise.

bob
MY NOTE:  Simmons, Saric, Barnes?  Center won't be the only position they'll have a logjam at.

Also, I thought the matching team has 3 days to match?  If Barnes gets an offer on 7/1, doesn't that mean GSW has to match it by 7/4?  He can't sign until 7/10, but they have to formally submit a matching bid by 7/4, don't they?  Calling Dr. Gyso!

Bob,

Players can't sign a contract or offer sheet until 7/7.
So, GS would have 72 hours from when the offer sheet is signed to match if they wanted to.
I can definitely see Philly throwing big money at Barnes and/or Conley.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:28 pm

Brian Windhorst – Verified account ‏@WindhorstESPN

With initial talks with Heat going slowly, Dwyane Wade letting it be known he's open to other offers:  http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16597101/dwyane-wade-open-free-agency-offers-negotiations-miami-heat-stall …
ESPN
ESPN
Embedded image
Wade mulls exit as Heat talks stall, sources say

After 13 years in Miami, Dwyane Wade is open to outside offers in free agency as negotiations with the Heat have stalled, according to sources.

bob
MY NOTE:  Putting more pressure on Pat Riley.  If he ups the offer for DWade then there is even more of a $ crunch for Whiteside and Durant.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:01 pm

If the Warriors can't land Durant, their main mission will be to retain Barnes. I think Barnes will be back with GS.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:50 am

Barnes is a SF anyway.

Green is their PF.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:48 pm

Rich Levine
Rich Levine
@rich_levine about 5 hours ago
Kevin Durant takes meeting with the Celtics. Same for Dwight + probably Horford. A narrative is crumbling. This is our Berlin Wall.

Reply Retweet Like

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:01 pm

I saw that Wade is having trouble with his negotiations, is considering opting out. I have to see that to believe it, but, if MIami does not retain Whiteside, maybe this is his way of signing one more contract with someone looking for a veteran shooter. Or, this could just be his way of putting Riley on notice. I thought Whiteside said he wanted to stay in Miami, Is Miami looking to cap space to go after someone else without looking like Ainge and ridding himself of an aging star?

RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:34 pm

bobheckler wrote:Rich Levine
Rich Levine
@rich_levine about 5 hours ago
Kevin Durant takes meeting with the Celtics. Same for Dwight + probably Horford. A narrative is crumbling. This is our Berlin Wall.

Reply Retweet Like

bob

So much Bullshit out there that people just repeat, and somehow repetition turns it into truth. I can kind of forgive the average Joe for repeating these non-truths as truth, but I can't forgive the writers. They are supposed to, indeed get paid to, verify the truth of a statement, not simply re-tweet someone else's Bullshit tweet.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:40 pm

Just like the rumors on draft night, baloney
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:51 pm

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/top-20-upcoming-free-agents-2016-offseason-gallery-1.2691657

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:19 pm

MY NOTE:  And now, in another chapter of the dumpster fire that is the Brooklyn Nets...The gift that just keeps on giving.  The only thing that could really screw us up now is if Atlanta loses Horford and Bazemore, after trading Teague.  That would leave Millsap, 35 going on 36 year old Korver, 31 going on 32 year old Splitter and Herr Schroder, mit der umlaut.  That would be a seriously deficient team and could possibly challenge Brooklyn for #1 worst next year.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/sources--nets-will-trade-or-waive-jarrett-jack-003637781.html

Sources: Nets will trade or waive Jarrett Jack

Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical,Yahoo Sports

Tue, Jun 28 5:36 PM PDT

Brooklyn Nets guard Jarrett Jack has played his final game for the organization, league sources told The Vertical.

2016 Free Agency Tracker and Rumors 201411262044746466274
Jarrett Jack (NBAE/Getty Images)If the Nets are unable to find a trade for Jack before his contract guarantee date on Thursday, the franchise is planning to waive him, sources said.

Jack will be owed $500,000 of the $6.3 million on his 2016-17 contract if waived by Thursday. The move will deliver the Nets $44 million in salary-cap space for the free agency period starting on Friday.

Jack, 32, suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee in January, but has been rehabilitating the injury and doctors expect that he'll be fully recovered for the start of NBA training camps in the fall, sources said. Jack is a well-regarded backup and spot starter in the NBA, who had played well with the Golden State Warriors and the Nets in recent years.

A motivation for teams to trade for Jack would be the chance to shed an unwanted contract and then waive Jack – salary-cap relief. For a deal to make sense for the Nets – instead of simply absorbing the savings on the partial guarantee of Jack's deal – another team would have to send a player that Brooklyn would find useful.

Jack, 32, averaged 12.8 points and 7.4 assists before his season-ending injury in early January. In his 10-year career, Jack has had stops in Portland, Indiana, Toronto, New Orleans, Golden State, Cleveland and Brooklyn. Jack has averaged 11.5 points and 4.5 assists for his career.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:47 pm

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/242485/Al-Horford-Wants-To-See-Hawks-Improve-Roster-Before-Committing

Al Horford Wants To See Hawks Improve Roster Before Committing

JUN 30, 2016 10:34 AM

Al Horford wants to see the Atlanta Hawks improve their roster this offseason before committing to sign long-term with the team.

The Hawks traded away Jeff Teague before the draft to acquire the 12th overall pick that became Taurean Prince. Kent Bazemore is also a free agent of the Hawks.

Atlanta has been swept in each of the past two playoffs by the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Horford was an All-Star in 2015 and 2016 as the Hawks had a resurgence under Mike Budenholzer.

According to Mark Berman of Fox Houston, the Houston Rockets will meet with Horford on Friday.

DAVID ALDRIDGE/BLEACHER REPORT

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:33 pm

http://www.blazersedge.com/2016/6/30/12069958/hassan-whiteside-free-agency-portland-trail-blazers-meeting

Doesn't say the Celtics are meeting with Whiteside.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:58 pm

The Celtics spent much of Thursday mapping out a midnight strategy. They are planning to be on the phone at the stroke of July 1 as the NBA’s free agent negotiating period begins just after midnight. According to sources, they have made arrangements to speak with representatives of Kevin Durant and Al Horford, if not the players themselves — the preparations in this case being the acquisition of the proper telephone numbers, not any illegal early talks. 5 mins ago – via Boston Herald

bob
MY NOTE: 4 more hours...

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by arambone Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:30 pm

Rumor: Celtics interested in Mozgov or Mahinmi as backup options

Steve Bulpett reports:

The C’s will add a big man, most likely through free agency, but also possibly in trade. Beyond offering Horford a large deal (one league executive is certain they are willing to give the 30-year center a maximum contract), the club will also explore what would be considered lesser options...

But if Horford cannot be secured as a free agent, expect the C’s to look into the likes of Cleveland’s Timofey Mozgov and Indiana’s Ian Mahinmi.

Both guys make sense as backup options, depending on the price tags involved. Either would likely get more playing time than Tyler Zeller, though the team hasn’t closed the door on him either.

Reports indicate that Amir Johnson and Jonas Jerebko will likely have their options picked up because they can always be traded later. But the Celtics still have the option of clearing them off their books.

Bulpett’s article hints that the Celtics are eager to make moves to improve the roster this offseason. Should be an interesting holiday weekend. Dare I hope for ...fireworks?

http://www.celticsblog.com/2016/6/30/12048218/free-agent-rumor-celtics-interested-in-mozgov-or-mahinmi-as-backup-options

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:22 am

Zach Lowe –  ‏@ZachLowe_NBA

Teams that have inquired with Kent Bazemore's agent since midnight under impression it might take $19M-$20M per year to sign him.
9:11 PM - 30 Jun 2016
467 RETWEETS365 LIKES

bob
MY NOTE:  Really?  WTF is happening here!?

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:34 am

According to Woj just now Lakers are offering Timofey Mosgov a four year $65 million contract.

He's a player the Knicks couldn't wait to dump around five years ago.

Noah now at $70 million for four years he says.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:37 am

Bradley Beal to get 5 years $128 million to stay with Washington.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/agent--bradley-beal-230017142.html

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next