willjr
Outside
arambone
Shamrock1000
wideclyde
14 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

2016 Free Agency Tracker and Rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016 Free Agency Tracker and Rumors

Post by tjmakz Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:45 am

steve3344 wrote:According to Woj just now Lakers are offering Timofey Mosgov a four year $65 million contract.

He's a player the Knicks couldn't wait to dump around five years ago.

Noah now at $70 million for four years he says.

If LA is going to overpay for anyone, it's best that it's a center.
I don't want them to give $20+m per year to a small forward because Ingram is there.

Lakers - 2016-17 NBA Champions!
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

2016 Free Agency Tracker and Rumors - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016 Free Agency Tracker and Rumors

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:51 am

tjmakz wrote:
steve3344 wrote:According to Woj just now Lakers are offering Timofey Mosgov a four year $65 million contract.

If LA is going to overpay for anyone, it's best that it's a center.
I don't want them to give $20+m per year to a small forward because Ingram is there.

Lakers - 2016-17 NBA Champions!

Good one, TJ.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:52 am

Brian Robb
@CelticsHub about 8 minutes ago
As these crazy numbers are thrown around remember: Amir Johnson ($12 million) is the highest paid member of Celtics right now for 16-17.

Reply Retweet Like

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:55 am

bobheckler wrote:Brian Robb
@CelticsHub about 8 minutes ago
As these crazy numbers are thrown around remember: Amir Johnson ($12 million) is the highest paid member of Celtics right now for 16-17.

Reply Retweet Like

bob

Chandler Parsons, a decent small forward, could possibly get a $22 million per year offer from Portland. Some wacky salaries being discussed now.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:55 am

Gary Washburn
Gary Washburn
@GwashburnGlobe 2 minutes ago
Remember when folks thought Avery Bradley's 4yr. $32 mil deal was egregious? #Celtics

Reply Retweet Like

bob
MY NOTE:  This is why I leave the $ to Danny and Mike Zarren.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:09 am

bobheckler wrote:Gary Washburn
Gary Washburn
Remember when folks thought Avery Bradley's 4yr. $32 mil deal was egregious? #Celtics

Reply Retweet Like

bob

Boston will have to pay someone crazy money just to get to the league minimum salary.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:18 am

It's official according to Woj. Lakers have signed Mozgov.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:22 am

Jared Weiss
Jared Weiss
@CLNS_JaredWeiss 1 minute ago
As offers come in for Evan Turner, important to note that he has continuously emphasized the value of team culture and chemistry.

Reply Retweet Like

David Aldridge
Twitter › daldridgetnt
Lakers have also reached out to express their interest in Celtics UFA Evan Turner, per source. Turner has stated his interest in them, too.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:08 am

DeRozan staying with the Raptors for 5 years $139 million. That's rich.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--demar-derozan-213051300.html

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:05 am

tjmakz wrote:
Gary Washburn

Reply Retweet Like

bob

Boston will have to pay someone crazy money just to get to the league minimum salary.

not really....just Turner and Sully a combined $25M or so.

like I said before almost every team has money to pay someone $20M plus this year, but there are only a few real Max players in the market.

overpaying WILL be the norm this year and next and team that do will rue the day when the cap flattens in the years the follow.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

2016 Free Agency Tracker and Rumors - Page 2 Empty can the moderators find and sticky a close to realtime FA tracker?

Post by kdp59 Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:49 am

I can't find any that are even close to be updated myself.

CBS sports is way behind and ESPN's is more a running list of news.

it would be nice to have a link so we can see all the signings, if someone knows of one that is updated often.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by tjmakz Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:53 am

kdp59 wrote:
tjmakz wrote:
Gary Washburn

Reply Retweet Like

bob

not really....just Turner and Sully a combined $25M or so.

like I said before almost every team has money to pay someone $20M plus this year, but there are only a few real Max players in the market.

overpaying WILL be the norm this year and next and team that do will rue the day when the cap flattens in the years the follow.

I think some teams will purposely stay under the salary floor instead of over paying players on multi year contracts. If you finish under the floor, a team just has to pay their current players more. Then next year they can start fresh without having bad multi year contracts on their roster.
tjmakz
tjmakz

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:09 am

that's true and a good option for any team that has players they want to reward with a bonus also.

I'm sure Bradley would like that, since he was complaining some last year about his current deal.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:27 am

According to Comcast last night, Turner was in Los Angeles. Lakers? Clippers? I wonder if he received his phone call from Celtics (I would say Stevens makes this call). There is little talk about him around here. Makes me nervousi that he is an afterthought. Last night they kept talking about Amir and Jonas. Both pushed back their date for the Celtics to make an offer or they walk to July 7. They did this voluntarily,, Both want to stay in Boston
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:31 am

USA Today

Players name turns blue if a deal is reached, click on the name for details.  Live real time updates

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2016/06/30/nba-free-agent-tracker-kevin-durant-al-horford-mike-conley/86560206/

ABC News

Gives a short write-up on terms when reached.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/2016-nba-free-agent-tracker/story?id=40269626

Give these a try and see if they keep up.  So far the USA Today one seems OK and is keeping up with initial signings.

If this continues to update well we can sticky it or revise the title to something like "FA signing tracker" for you.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:38 am

White side staying with Miami as expected.

Mozgov going to the Lakers, 4 years, $64 million.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:59 am

KDP,

I merged your "request thread" with this one and made it a sticky.  That made this thread a one stop shop thread for the free agent season.

The Vertical's Top 100 free agents

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-vertical-s-top-100-free-agents-204857680.html

Note: I don't know if they plan to keep this updated in some fashion, but the link that I used to get there said "FA Tracker".

There usually is a good live tracker on Yahoo, but I cannot find it.  If I do, I will add it here.

Meanwhile, we can all keep throwing stuff we find into this thread.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:10 am

NBA.com's free agent tracker:

http://www.nba.com/freeagents/2016/

USA Today's free agent tracker:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2016/06/30/nba-free-agent-tracker-kevin-durant-al-horford-mike-conley/86560206/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatodaycomsports-topstories

Spotrac's free agent tracker:

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:28 am

Darren Wolfson ✔ @DWolfsonKSTP
Other teams in addition to #Twolves to call on Deng tonight: Boston, Miami, and Washington. Utah expected to eventually.
9:44 PM - 30 Jun 2016
 95 95 Retweets   71 71 likes

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:28 am

NBA Free Agency Continuing Coverage: July 1st updates

http://www.celticsblog.com/2016/7/1/12077526/nba-free-agency-continuing-coverage-july-1st-updates

With NBA Free Agency underway there's already been plenty of action. So far the Celtics have not made any major moves but that could all change at any minute. (Stay tuned to CelticsBlog for updates all weekend long)

With some crazy money being spent early in free agency it'll be interesting to see what the Celtics are willing to spend this year before the bigger jump in the salary cap comes at the end of next season.

Boston Celtics ongoing stories

There hasn't been too many developments coming out of Boston's offices but that doesn't mean Ainge and the crew aren't all working hard to secure Boston's next superstar. Some things to keep track of during the free agency period are below.

Evan Turner courting several suitors

Whether you decide to call him 'The Kid', 'Mr. Average', or 'The Logo', it's undeniable Evan Turner has been instrumental to Boston's recent success. Yet it's just as obvious that the specifics of his situation in Boston are a big part of why Evan Turner will be looking at serious offers this Summer.

Turner was in the running for Sixth Man of the Year this past season so the Celtics shouldn't be surprised that plenty of teams are interested in procuring ET's services. However he has also said that team culture and fit are of the utmost importance to him when deciding where he'll end up.

That said, the various teams interested in acquiring ET will likely make the cost of retaining Turner prohibitively expensive for the Celtics who are looking to maintain flexibility.

Al Horford meeting scheduled

Al Horford has scheduled meetings with several teams and Boston is on the list. Horford is probably looking for a max-contract so it will be interesting to see what Boston is willing to offer him. Reportedly Horford also has a meeting with OKC, so if he's seen as a deal-sweetener for KD then Boston doesn't really have the exclusive.

KD to Boston

The biggest story to ever happen that hasn't happened yet. Again Boston is on the list for KD and its a pretty short list, with few other teams in the same position as Boston to offer a max-contract and still have enough spare cash to find another max-contract player to pair with KD.

Conventional wisdom suggests KD will stay at Oklahoma but when has conventional wisdom ever prevailed during free agency?

Dwight Howard meeting scheduled

If Ainge strikes out with Horford and Durant there's always Dwight Howard, right? Well if that's the thinking Boston's meeting with Dwight should prove extremely interesting.

So far there hasn't been any major changes in Boston, but that doesn't mean change isn't coming. With silly amounts of money being splashed around the league there's several teams who can make big changes this Summer, and Boston is definitely one of them.

Around the League Updates and Stories

Right now there's several players around the league who have re-signed with their current rosters and a few who have decided to move on, keep checking in here to keep track of it all.

DeMar DeRozan re-signs with the Raptors

In one of the more reasonable and predictable deals of this year’s Free Agency so far, DeMar DeRozan will return to Toronto. He’s reportedly signed a five-year $139 million-plus deal.

He earned his pay-rise this past season averaging 23.5 points-per-game during the regular season and helping lead the Toronto Raptors to the Eastern Conference Finals.

Although his playoff performance left a little to be desired, this deal shows the Raptors are comfortable making a long-term commitment to DeRozan and they value what he brings to their team.

Together, Lowry and DeRozan were one of the most effective backcourts in the entire league last season, and arguably the most effective in the Eastern Conference.

That said, the Celtics aren’t likely to be sore on missing out on DeRozan. The last thing Boston needs is another wing player who still struggles to shoot from distance. Besides, by all accounts he was happy to work out a deal with Toronto early and they were happy to retain his services. So, big dino-sized smiles all around at Jurassic Park.

DJ Augustin to Orlando

The aggressiveness that the Magic showed on draft-day has flowed over to Free Agency. Early reports indicate Orlando have managed to sign DJ Augustin with the details of the deal still yet to be disclosed.

The veteran point-guard can help provide support for the Magic’s young starting guard, Elfrid Payton. But more importantly this deal shows that Vogel is obviously looking to shake things up with his new team. Adding first, big-man Serge Ibaka trading for Jodie Meeks and now adding the experienced, Augustin.

It’s possible there’s still more moves to be made by the Magic but either way we’ll be looking at a very different team coming out of Orlando next year, but will they be a better one?

Jordan Clarkson agrees to four-year $50 million deal with Lakers

This was probably to be expected. There was virtually no way for teams to pry Restricted Free Agent, Clarkson away from the Lakers without offering a deal that was heavily stacked at the back-end.

This seems like a deal that would have been balked at before the rising salary cap made an over $10 million-a-year deal for Jordan Clarkson seem relatively reasonable. However couple this with the fact that the Lakers have just committed to Mozgov on a massive deal and it makes you wonder whether they’ve gone ga-ga in la-la-land.

Nicolas Batum to return to the Hive

Batum has signed a five-year $120 million deal with the Charlotte Hornets. The deal also includes a player option in the fifth year.

The French-born, shooting-guard had a bit of a breakout season so it’s not entirely surprising he’s getting paid. Charlotte were obviously better with him on the team and they have few other scoring options on their current roster.

Yet for five-years at over $20 million per year it seems like a lot for Batum’s overall production. Regardless, retaining Batum was seen as priority number one for the Hornets during the offseason. They’ll also seek to re-sign Marvin Williams but sources say the franchise expects Courtney Lee to go elsewhere.

Detroit Pistons sign Ish Smith, closing in on a deal with Drummond

The point guard who most recently played with the Sixers was picked up by the Pistons on a three year deal. Smith provides the Pistons with some depth at the point position to back-up their starter, Reggie Jackson.

Detroit are also reportedly closing in on a deal with Andre Drummond. If reports are correct the Pistons premiere big-man will be signing a five-year max deal of around $130 million. Drummond has become the franchise’s centerpiece so their willingness to spend big to re-sign him is entirely unsurprising.

Hassan Whiteside re-signs with Heat

Hassan Whiteside, announced via the Player's Tribune that he's staying in Miami, as of yet the details of the deal remain unconfirmed but it's expected he'll see a substantial raise after a productive season.

Some Celtics fans who were hopeful Ainge could convince Whiteside to come to Boston will be disappointed but it seems pretty clear from Whiteside's article he had little interest in changing to another team.

Bonus SBNation Links: Kevin Durant Tracker | Rumors Tracker | Contracts Tracker

Stay tuned for updates.

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:32 am

2 hours ago – via The Players' Tribune
Hassan Whiteside: I have decided to re-sign with Miami. I just wanted to take this time to tell all the fans how much you mean to this team, and to me.

bob
MY NOTE:  Cross him off the list.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:24 am

NYCelt wrote:White side staying with Miami as expected.

Mozgov going to the Lakers, 4 years, $64 million.

Timofey Mozgov, a player who averaged 17.4mpg, 6.3ppg, 4.4rpg, .8bpg last year (12.9 points, 9.1 rebounds, 1.5 blocks /36mpg) and only 5.8mpg, 1.2ppg, 1.6rpg in the playoffs (7.1 points, 9.9 rebounds, 1.4 blocks/36mpg) and only 3.8mpg, 7 TOTAL points, 8 TOTAL rebounds and 1 TOTAL block in 6 out of 7 Finals games will now make more money than these players:

Goran Dragic
DeMarcus Cousins - all star
John Wall - all star
Draymond Green - all star
Khris Middleton
Jonas Valanciunas
DeMarre Carroll
Eric Bledsoe
Rudy Gay
Robin Lopez
Tyson Chandler - DPOY
Serge Ibaka - 3x all defense first team
Steph Curry - 2x MVP
Kenneth Faried
Kyle Lowry - all star
Nikola Vucevic
Andre Iguodala - all star
Andrew Bogut
Derrick Favors
Monta Ellis
Avery Bradley - 1st team defense
Isaiah Thomas - all star
Jae Crowder
Amir Johnson
Tim Duncan - future HOF
Tony Allen - 1st team defense
Paul Pierce - future HOF

Wow.

You know, we get impatient sometimes.  We want Danny to make it rain and we want it NOW!!!  But when you see the Lakers spending that much money on a player like that it makes me stop and think that maybe Danny is smarter than I am.  I know all about the salary cap explosion and all, but $16M/year, 4 years for a player that lost his starting job to a PF (Tristan Thompson) and barely got off the bench in the playoffs?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ram Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:47 am

Three observations I find interesting:

1. Shaq made 55.75 million the first four years of that huge contract he signed with LA when he left Orlando in 1996. Mozgov just signed with LA for 4 years 64 million. 

2. Garnett signed the largest contract of all-time 2 years later, one that crippled the Wolves ability to put talent around him, and he was paid out 72 million his first 4 years. Whiteside just got 4 years 98 million. 

Yikes, things are pretty crazy out there...

3. The Celtics do not have to reach the 85m cap floor. The penalty for not doing so simply means Wyc has to cut a check for the amount they are under and divide it equally among the 15 players on the roster. So if they come in at 70 million then our underpaid top players like Bradley, Crowder and Thomas all get an extra 1 million, which could help appease any negative feelings on missing out on this market. While for young guys like Mickey, Bentil, Jackson and Hunter who all were at one time thought to likely be drafted higher than they were, that could double their salaries and make a HUGE difference to them and their families as they settle into lives as pro ball players.
Ram
Ram

Back to top Go down

Post by Ram Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:00 am

Actually the Knicks really liked him and while it was Gallinari who headlined the package NY sent to Denver for Melo, Mozgov was probably the 2nd most important player to the Nuggets, even over Wilson Chandler, and they insisted on getting him in the deal when NY tried to hold him back.
Ram
Ram

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:03 am

A. Sherrod Blakely ‏@SherrodbCSN  31m31 minutes ago United States
Former .@celtics big man Kris Humphries among the players discussed by Boston about bringing in via free agency, sources tell .@CSNNE
29 retweets 24 likes
Reply   Retweet  29  
Like 24  
More

bob

2016 Free Agency Tracker and Rumors - Page 2 CmSVt3-WAAAk5SQ

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next