Post by kdp59 Thu May 30, 2019 5:25 pm

I forgot to list the websites

Draftnet
https://www.nbadraft.net/

draft room
http://www.nbadraftroom.com/p/2019-nba-mock-draft.html

BB insiders
http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-daily-60-pick-nba-mock-draft-5-28-19/

I will also note Charles Bassey and Kyle Guy have both dropped out of this ranking , as they were only selected in one mock.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

2019 NBA Draft - Page 3 Empty Re: 2019 NBA Draft

Post by KyleCleric Thu May 30, 2019 7:55 pm

worcester wrote:Ok. What is Koumadje's projected draft rank?

Likely undrafted to play in Europe or China. His game will translate better internationally like Fall

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Thu May 30, 2019 7:58 pm

kdp59 wrote:I forgot to list the websites

Draftnet
https://www.nbadraft.net/

draft room
http://www.nbadraftroom.com/p/2019-nba-mock-draft.html

BB insiders
http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-daily-60-pick-nba-mock-draft-5-28-19/

I will also note Charles Bassey and Kyle Guy have both dropped out of this ranking , as they were only selected in one mock.

Bassey is going back to school

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu May 30, 2019 9:06 pm

kdp,

Outstanding job.
Good work, and a lot of it.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu May 30, 2019 9:19 pm

kdp59 wrote:NBAdraftnet has the Celtics taking

Mfiondu Kabengele at #14!!!!!!!

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/mfiondu-kabengele

Keldon Johnson at #20

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/keldon-johnson

PJ Washington at #22

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/pj-washington

enjoy!

In my opinion, those picks would be justifiable grounds to have Danny involuntarily committed for a psych evaluation.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri May 31, 2019 7:20 am

KyleCleric wrote:

Likely undrafted to play in Europe or China. His game will translate better internationally like Fall

actually he is expected to be a first round pick, somewhere in the second half. Most mocks have him in the 20's somewhere.

Fall is still projecting somewhere in round 2. He could find a roll similar to Boban in the NBA, IMO.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Fri May 31, 2019 7:31 am

kdp59 wrote:
KyleCleric wrote:

actually he is expected to be a  first round pick, somewhere in the second half. Most mocks have him in the 20's somewhere.

Fall is still projecting somewhere in round 2. He could find a roll similar to Boban in the NBA, IMO.

Kabengele in the 20s, Koumadje undrafted

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri May 31, 2019 3:24 pm

KyleCleric wrote:
kdp59 wrote:
KyleCleric wrote:

actually he is expected to be a  first round pick, somewhere in the second half. Most mocks have him in the 20's somewhere.

Kabengele in the 20s, Koumadje undrafted

whoops......my reading comprehension skills are no good it seems.

but hey, whats the chance TWO players with names I can't pronounce are on the SAME team anyway?

What a Face
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Fri May 31, 2019 4:03 pm

kdp59 wrote:

whoops......my reading comprehension skills are no good it seems.

but hey, whats the chance TWO players with names I can't pronounce are on the SAME team anyway?

What a Face

Yea really. It was fun to watch, Kabangele substituting for Koumadje

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:10 pm

It seems like a team with multiple picks could perhaps be more inclined to risk Bol’s red flags for his upside, Hawks, Celtics, Nets, and Spurs.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:39 pm

Chris Forsberg @ChrisForsberg_
about 1 hour ago
Austin Ainge says Celtics have had 70 players in for draft workouts so far and been to other camps. No stone unturned for Boston.

reply retweet like
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:14 pm

bobheckler wrote:Chris Forsberg @ChrisForsberg_
about 1 hour ago
Austin Ainge says Celtics have had 70 players in for draft workouts so far and been to other camps. No stone unturned for Boston.

reply retweet like

Bob that seems like a awful lot of players and may indicate that Boston has interest in some guys that will not be drafted in the first round. With 3 first rounders in play Boston could trade down to the end of the first and pick up a 2nd rounder or 2

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:26 pm

dboss wrote:
about 1 hour ago

reply retweet like

Bob  that seems like a awful lot of players and may indicate that Boston has interest in some guys that will not be drafted in the first round.  With 3 first rounders in play Boston could trade down to the end of the first and pick up a 2nd rounder or 2

Cs have the 51st pick and do have 2 open 2-way spots

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:57 pm

KyleCleric wrote:
dboss wrote:
about 1 hour ago

reply retweet like

Bob  that seems like a awful lot of players and may indicate that Boston has interest in some guys that will not be drafted in the first round.  With 3 first rounders in play Boston could trade down to the end of the first and pick up a 2nd rounder or 2

Cs have the 51st pick and do have 2 open 2-way spots

Yes I see that 2nd round pick there.  2 way spots could open up an opportunity for an undrafted FA.

I wish I had more confidence that Danny will make good picks.

I have little to no confidence when he is picking 16-30.  #14 is a place where several guys could go and Boston could find a good player there. I hope Danny doesn't strike out at 14.

Avery comes to mind at #19.  He's about the only guy I can think of that became a good player who was selected in the 2nd half of the draft.

Can anyone name a player drafted by Ainge that reached Allstar status that was drafted by Ainge in the 2nd half of first round?
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:43 pm

Danny picked up Rondo from someone, Phoenix?, in a trade that was equivalent to the #19 or so pick in the draft.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:58 pm

worcester wrote:Danny picked up Rondo from someone, Phoenix?, in a trade that was equivalent to the #19 or so pick in the draft.

He actually purchased that pick from the Suns. I guess it is as close to drafting a player that you can get. I did consider him but he was not officially drafted by Boston so I did not include him.

Unless you are drafting top 5 or 10 an argument can be made that trading for a proven player is an option that should be considered.

Danny is in a tough situation. He built and rebuilt this team over a 5 year period and now he has to decide to let Jayson and Jaylen develop and add players to the roster through the draft that address specific needs or hit the panic button and push his chips to the center of the table.

Celtics fans are getting impatient. I think however they may want to consider this.

Curry was drafted in 2009 and did not make it to the playoffs until 2012-13 season along with Klay who was drafted in 2011. Green who was drafted in 2012 played in the playoffs 2 years before him, Curry and Thompson won the whole thing on their 3rd try.

Their 3rd trip to the playoffs yielded a championship. It took time for this young talent to gel.

I recall a few years back when there was a lot of talk about trading Klay for Kevin Love. They did not trade Klay and the rest is history.

So if the Celtics do a reset and hold on to their young developing talent, it could pay big dividends down the road.

I say get an athletic PF, develop RW in the Clint Capela mode and Boston could be in play well into the future.

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:02 pm

Reset is my plan.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:26 pm

2003-
13: Marcus Banks
27: Kendrick Perkins

2004-
15: Al Jefferson
24: Delonte West
25: Tony Allen

2005-
18: Gerald Green

2006-
Traded 7 for Sebastian Telfair (Randy Foye)
21: Rajon Rondo (traded 1st that they received from Cleveland for Jiri Welsch)

2007-
Traded 5 in Ray Allen deal

2008-
30: JR Giddens

2009-
None

2010-
19: Avery Bradley

2011-
27: JaJuan Johnson

2012-
21: Jared Sullinger
22: Fab Melo

2013-
13: Kelly Olynyk

2014-
6: Marcus Smart
18: James Young

2015-
16: Terry Rozier
28: RJ Hunter

2016-
3: Jaylen Brown
16: Guerschon Yabusele
23: Ante Zizic

2017-
3: Jayson Tatum

2018-
27: Robert Williams

Draft picks reordered
Traded 7 for Sebastian Telfair
4 of these 5 were solid uses of the pick. Telfair only spent one unspectacular year with the team before being part of the KG deal

Young and Banks were busts. Green was traded as part of the KG deal early in his career. A year ago, Rozier looked like a solid pick but this past season was rough. Olynyk really wasn't a bad pick. He's a solid rotation player with the Heat and was a fine player with the Celts. Yabusele looks like he'll be a bust but like Rozier, he still has a chance to turn it around. Avery Bradley and Al Jefferson were great picks.

21: Rajon Rondo

Melo, Zizic, Johnson, Hunter, and Giddens were busts. It is too early to tell for Rob Williams. Jared Sullinger weight issues ultimately left him ineffective and out of the league too early. Perk, Allen, and Delonte were solid rotation on players on good teams. Rondo is probably the best pick that Ainge has made to this point.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:49 am

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2019/06/greg-oden-assists-in-boston-celtics-pre-draft-workouts-as-he-pursues-a-path-in-coaching.html

Greg Oden assists in Boston Celtics pre-draft workouts as he pursues a path in coaching

Posted Jun 3, 2:53 PM

By John Karalis | JKaralis@masslive.com

This isn’t how Greg Oden saw his career going. The 31-year-old should have been angling for one more long-term contract in what most people expected to be a long career.

Injuries robbed him of that, but not of his passion for basketball. Now the former number one overall pick is focused on a new path: coaching.

“I’m done playing. I helped out at Ohio State for the past three, four years. So I just kinda hit the bug on me," he told MassLive. "I enjoy working with the players. I enjoy that side of it.”

The pursuit of that coaching career brought him to Boston. He was invited by the team to help out and take the floor with players and to help in their evaluation.

“Just to help out with the pre-draft stuff and see what happens from it," Oden said. "I’ll take that opportunity from it. It’s the freakin’ Celtics.”

Helping the Celtics evaluate players leads to a sort of evaluation of Oden. The more he can take part in things like this, the more he can show how he works with players.

This is also a part of the feeling-out process for Oden, too. He’s looking to stay involved with basketball, and getting into coaching means finding and making the most of opportunities like this.

“Honestly, whatever side I can get into," he said. "But I do like being on the court with the players.”

For Oden, the draw to coaching means creating a new basketball legacy through other players. Even though his body didn’t cooperate, his mind is full of basketball knowledge that he has enjoyed sharing in this new chapter.

“Seeing them guys get better, knowing you had a little hand in getting them a little bit better," he said of the draw to coaching. "I think that was really good.”

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:11 am

updated mock draft from CBS sports Gary Parrish ( a real sports writer no less)

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2019-nba-mock-draft-dukes-rj-barrett-looks-like-a-good-fit-for-the-knicks-at-no-3/

2019 NBA Mock Draft: Duke's RJ Barrett looks like a good fit for the Knicks at No. 3
Zion Williamson is still a clear No. 1 and one of his Blue Devil teammates could be headed to New York
Gary Parrish
mugshot by Gary Parrish
@GaryParrishCBS
19 hrs ago • 19 min read

Usually, in the weeks leading up to the deadline for underclassmen to withdraw from the NBA Draft, a projected first-round pick or two surprises us and decides to postpone his professional career for at least a year and return to school.

That didn't happen this year, though.

Literally every player folks expected to remain in the draft remained in the draft. So there's not a lot of movement in my updated 2019 NBA Mock Draft. (Needless to say, or type, Zion Williamson remains the projected No. 1 pick.) But there are a couple of new additions — namely Cam Johnson and Goga Bitadze — based on conversations with sources around the sport. So that shook things up a bit. But the first eight picks remain the same with the only real question now revolving around whether the New York Knicks and Los Angeles Lakers will select third and fourth, and keep the players they pick, or try to package those prospects for New Orleans Pelicans star Anthony Davis. As always, we'll see.

Gary Parrish's latest 2019 NBA Mock Draft
team logo PELICANS
Zion Williamson | Duke | Fr | PF | 6-7 | 285

Folks have been trotting out comparisons for Williamson for a while now. They say he's built like Charles Barkley. They say he dunks like Blake Griffin. And I can see those things, I guess. But here's the truth: Williamson is built more like The Incredible Hulk than Charles Barkley — and there really isn't a great basketball comp for him. The 6-foot-7, 285-pound forward averaged 22.6 points and 8.9 rebounds in 30 minutes per game as a freshman. He had a Player Efficiency Rating of 42.55 — which was nearly five points higher than anybody else in college basketball. He was the CBS Sports National Player of the Year. And though I'm unwilling to say there's never been a prospect this good, what I will say is that there's never been a prospect this unique. Simply put, nobody on the planet Williamson's size can do the things Williamson does. He moves like a small man — even though he's a massive man. He's an overwhelming physical specimen, a well-rounded and skilled basketball player. He's a franchise-changing superstar — and a lock to go No. 1 in this draft.

team logo GRIZZLIES
Ja Morant | Murray St. | Soph | PG | 6-3 | 175

Morant was an unheralded prospect coming out of high school; that's how he ended up at Murray State. But the 6-3 point guard, in a span of just two years, developed into an undeniable lottery pick and possible franchise-changer. He's built like De'Aaron Fox. He's violent like Russell Westbrook. He averaged 24.5 points, 10.0 assists and 5.7 rebounds per game as a sophomore — and got a triple-double against Marquette in the NCAA Tournament. Are there questions? Sure, there are questions. Morant has a small frame. So can he finish through contact? And though he's an awesome passer thanks to incredible court-vision and a big imagination, he's also a risky passer — evidence being that Morant committed 5.2 turnovers per game this season. These are obvious concerns. But, make no mistake, the Grizzlies should be, and will be, thrilled to secure Morant and move Mike Conley — who has made it clear, in the nicest way possible, that he'd prefer to not spend his final good years in the NBA going through a rebuild. So this is actually easy. Draft Morant, pair him with Jaren Jackson Jr., move Conley for young players and/or picks, and everybody gets what they want.

team logo KNICKS
RJ Barrett | Duke | Fr | SF | 6-7 | 202

Basically everybody, this time last year, had Barrett projected as the No. 1 pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. But he lost that label shortly after the start of the season — mostly because Williamson, his teammate at Duke, emerged as a monster. Still, Barrett was super-productive in his one season with the Blue Devils. The 6-7 wing averaged 22.6 points, 7.6 rebounds and 4.3 assists in 35.3 minutes per game and scored more points (860) than any freshman in ACC history. He's built like DeMar DeRozan and starting to draw comparisons to James Harden in the sense that he's a big wing who can initiate offense or drive and finish around the rim with incredible grace. He's great in transition and doesn't shy away from big moments. He looks like he'll be a go-to scorer in the NBA for many years to come and thus should not fall out of the top three of this draft under any circumstances outside of medical concerns.

team logo LAKERS
De'Andre Hunter | Virginia | Soph | SF | 6-7 | 225

There's no guarantee the Lakers will make this pick because packaging it with other things and moving it for a veteran to help LeBron James now is a sensible option for which The King might push. But if the Lakers do pick, they should simply take the best player available — and, in my opinion, that's Hunter. He's a 6-7 wing who A) measures similarly to OG Anunoby, B) can guard multiple positions, and C) shot 43.8% from 3-point range this season while leading Virginia to the national championship. It's hard, bordering on impossible, to come up with reasons why he won't be good, if not great, at the next level. In fact, I've heard former NBA players who are now television analysts describe him as the Kawhi Leonard of this draft. I can't promise that, exactly, because it's such a high bar to set. But if their point is that Hunter projects as a tremendous two-way player, yeah, that's a fair assessment and why he shouldn't slip out of the top five.

team logo CAVALIERS
Jarrett Culver | Texas Tech | Soph | SG | 6-7 | 194

Culver was a sub-300 prospect in the Class of 2017. Totally unheralded. Completely off the radar. Which is why his story is so remarkable. In a span of just two years, the 6-7 guard went from an anonymous recruit to the Big 12 Player of the Year to a projected top-5 pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. He averaged 18.5 points, 6.4 rebounds and 3.7 assists in 32.5 minutes per contest this season while helping Texas Tech advance to the championship game of the NCAA Tournament. I've seen him compared to Steve Smith and Rip Hamilton — but the best comp I've heard is that Culver should become what Evan Turner was supposed to be. Either way, there are no known red flags. Culver has a great reputation, high basketball IQ and incredible work ethic. Combine all that with his natural gifts, and it's reasonable to assume he'll have a nice and long NBA career.

team logo SUNS
Darius Garland | Vanderbilt | Fr | PG | 6-2 | 175

Last year's No. 1 overall pick, Deandre Ayton, is on record saying Phoenix needs a point guard. So selecting Garland here would make a lot of sense -- even if he is coming off of season-ending knee surgery, which is less-than-ideal. Before getting hurt, Garland appeared in five games for Vanderbilt. He averaged 16.2 points while shooting 53.7% from the field and 47.8% from 3-point range. He's great with the ball. He's a tremendous shooter. If he develops into an All-Star, it won't surprise me.

team logo BULLS
Coby White | N. Carolina | Fr | PG | 6-5 | 191

White entered North Carolina with the reputation of a combo guard, at best, which is why he wasn't considered a one-and-done prospect. Regardless, Roy Williams put the ball in his hands and White quickly showed the ability to be a reliable primary ball-handler. So now he's a 6-5 point guard — otherwise known as a point guard with size — and that's why he'll be a lottery pick in this draft. There's a lot to like here. White is a straight bucket-getter — the leading scorer in the history of North Carolina high school basketball. He averaged 16.1 points in 28.5 minutes per game this past season while helping UNC earn a No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament. He shot 35.3% from the 3-point line. He made 80 percent of his free throws. He's just a blur with the ball — and there really is no obvious reason White can't be for some NBA franchise what Jamal Murray is for the Denver Nuggets. Bottom line, White is a lead guard who pushes pace and scores. And lead guards who push pace and score are very valuable in today's NBA.

team logo HAWKS
Nassir Little | N. Carolina | Fr | SF | 6-6 | 224

Little entered college as the reigning MVP of the McDonald's All-American Game and Jordan Brand Classic. He looked like a future top-5 pick. Tremendous upside. But the 6-6 wing just wasn't that great in his one season at North Carolina. He got stuck playing behind upperclassmen and only averaged 9.8 points in just 18.2 minutes per game. So his stock has taken a hit. Can Little still be a great pro? Perhaps. He's too young and athletic to give up on now. But, either way, he likely won't be picked anywhere close in this draft to where he expected to be picked when he enrolled at UNC — though, by having him in the top 10, it's clear I'm still something of a believer.

team logo WIZARDS
Sekou Doumbouya | France | - | PF | 6-9 | 209

Doumbouya should be the first non-college player selected in this draft. He's a 6-9 forward who was born in Guinea but raised in France — and he didn't turn 18 until last December, which makes him the youngest projected first-round pick available. He's a good athlete who can run the floor, play above the rim and guard multiple positions. And though Doumbouya's high-arcing jumper has never gone in consistently enough for anybody to call him a reliable shooter (yet), there's no obvious reason he can't develop into one, as he's shown in flashes this season while playing professionally in France.

team logo HAWKS
Pick acquired via trade with Dallas

Jaxson Hayes | Texas | Fr | C | 6-11 | 220

Hayes developed late and was labeled as just the third-best prospect in Texas' four-player recruiting class coming out of high school. But the 6-11 forward showed tremendous ability early in the season and established himself as a lottery talent with incredible upside. Hayes shot 72.8% from the field — mostly because he dunked everything close to the rim. His block percentage of 10.6 rated 19th nationally. And it should be noted that Hayes is the son of a former professional athlete, which sometimes means nothing but is definitely something more and more NBA franchises have come to value thanks to players like Stephen Curry and Jaren Jackson Jr.

team logo TIMBERWOLVES
Cam Reddish | Duke | Fr | SF | 6-8 | 208

Reddish entered Duke as a projected top-three pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. He's not that anymore, though — largely because the 6-8 wing only shot 35.6% from the field, and 33.3% from 3-point range, as a freshman. So, yeah, he looks like a good shooter. But why do his shots so rarely go in? Some have compared Reddish to Rudy Gay. He's built similarly to Jayson Tatum. But, truth is, he's not that type of athlete. Beyond that, there are major questions about Reddish's motor — and he was wildly inconsistent, and sometimes invisible, at Duke. Was that simply the byproduct of being in the shadows of Williamson and Barrett? Or is it a troubling sign? That's what NBA franchises have to figure out — preferably before spending a lottery pick on him.

team logo HORNETS
Romeo Langford | Indiana | Fr | SG | 6-6 | 215

Langford shot poor percentages in his one year at Indiana — and the hope, if you're spending a lottery pick on him, is that it was because he had an injured hand, and not because he's simply a shooting guard who cannot shoot. Either way, the 6-6 guard still averaged 16.5 points and 5.4 rebounds in 34.1 minutes per game. So the former five-star recruit remains an intriguing prospect — especially for a Charlotte franchise that could lose Jeremy Lamb to free agency.

team logo HEAT
PJ Washington | Kentucky | Soph | PF | 6-8 | 230

Not all freshmen who return to school for their sophomore seasons to improve their stock actually improve their stock. But Washington definitely helped himself this season -- mostly because he went from a 23.8% 3-point shooter (on limited opportunities) as a freshman to somebody who made 42.3% of the 78 3-pointers he attempted as a sophomore while taking Kentucky to the Elite Eight of the NCAA Tournament. The 6-8 forward led UK in both points (15.2) and rebounds (7.5). He projects as a stretch-the-floor forward who can also work around the rim.

team logo CELTICS
Pick acquired via trade with Sacramento

Brandon Clarke | Gonzaga | Jr | PF | 6-8 | 207

Williamson, as noted above, had the highest Player Efficiency Rating in college basketball this season. But Clarke's PER ranked second nationally; it was more than three points better than everybody else's. And the 6-8 forward was a big reason why Gonzaga finished a perfect 16-0 in the West Coast Conference while earning a No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament. Clarke averaged 16.9 points, 8.6 rebounds and 3.2 blocks in 28.1 minutes per game. The San Jose State transfer is a high-energy big who is a plus-player on both ends of the court. Any franchise obsessed with advanced stats, which is most, will seriously consider him anywhere outside of the top 10.

team logo PISTONS
Tyler Herro | Kentucky | Fr | SG | 6-6 | 192

Herro did a nice job this season proving he's way more than "just a shooter" -- which is what many labeled him coming out of high school, perhaps because of little more than stereotypes. At Kentucky, the 6-6 guard averaged 14.0 points, 4.5 rebounds and 2.5 assists in 32.6 minutes per game while shooting 46.2% from the field, 35.5% from 3-point range and 93.5% from the free-throw line. So he's a guard with size who can put the ball on the floor and consistently knock down shots. And that's what makes Herro a real candidate to be selected either late in the lottery or just outside of it.

team logo MAGIC
Nickeil Alexander-Walker | Va. Tech | Soph | SG | 6-5 | 204

Alexander-Walker made a significant jump from his freshman season to his sophomore season and averaged 16.2 points, 4.1 rebounds and 4.0 assists for a Virginia Tech team that made the Sweet 16 for just the second time in school history. More importantly, for his NBA future at least, Alexander-Walker showed he's a 6-5 guard capable of playing on or off the ball and guarding at least three positions — all of which is why NBA scouts have been buzzing about him since November.

team logo NETS
Bol Bol | Oregon | Fr | C | 7-2 | 208

Bol is one of the most unique prospects in this draft. He's not quite as tall as his father — the iconic Manute Bol. But he is 7-2. So he's still very tall and someone who projects as a pick-and-pop/space-the-floor center because not only does he shoot 3-pointers, he shoots them well — evidence being how he made 52.0% of his 3-point attempts as a freshman at Oregon, which suggests he could be the rare man over 7-foot to be a real weapon from the 3-point line. That's the good news. The bad news is that Bol suffered a foot injury that required season-ending surgery just nine games into his freshman year — and that's obviously an issue, at least to some degree. And, even if he's healthy, can Bol effectively guard in space the way bigs are required to do in the modern-NBA? And should we be concerned that he only weighed 208 pounds at the combine? That's a little on the frail side, isn't it? Bottom line, these issues are among the reasons I'd be surprised if Bol goes in the top 10. But somewhere in the top 20 does seem like a safe bet.

team logo PACERS
Rui Hachimura | Gonzaga | Jr | PF | 6-8 | 230

The power forward position in the NBA isn't what it used to be. The days of bruising back-to-the-basket scorers are over. Stretch-4s who can guard in space and consistently make 3-pointers are more preferable now — all of which is good news for Hachimura, a 6-8 forward from Gonzaga who averaged 19.7 points and 6.5 rebounds per game this season while shooting 41.7% from beyond the arc. Hachimura can punish smaller opponents around the rim, and exploit bigger opponents on the perimeter, similar to the way Thaddeus Young has been doing it in the NBA for more than a decade. Put another way, Hachimura is a matchup problem. And as long as he continues to improve like he did each year in the West Coast Conference, he should have a productive professional career.

team logo SPURS
Keldon Johnson | Kentucky | Fr | SG | 6-6 | 216

Kentucky should have three players selected in the top 20 of this NBA Draft — and they really could go in any order. For what it's worth, I have Johnson the last to come off the board. But if he's actiually the first, it won't be surprising considering the 6-6 wing is a nice athlete who shot 38.1% from 3-point range on three attempts per game this season. He was a big reason why Kentucky was just a shot away from making the Final Four for the fifth time in a 10-year span under John Calipari.

team logo CELTICS
Pick acquired via trade with Los Angeles Clippers

Ty Jerome | Virginia | Jr | SG | 6-5 | 194

Show me a smart player with good size for his position who can play either backcourt spot, dribble, pass, shoot and be tough on the defensive end of the court, and I'll show you somebody who will have a long career playing professional basketball. Jerome is such a player. The 6-5 combo guard averaged 13.6 points, 5.5 assists and 4.2 rebounds in 33.9 minutes per game for a Virginia team that won the national title. The success other recent Virginia alums have had in the NBA, combined with the fact that Jerome made 39.2% of the 424 3-pointers he attempted in college, will help him with front offices looking to avoid a mistake.

team logo THUNDER
Cameron Johnson | N. Carolina | Sr | SF | 6-9 | 205

It's become increasingly clear that Oklahoma City needs shooters to play with Russell Westbrook — and Johnson is one of the best shooters, if not the best shooter, in this draft. The 6-9 forward made 45.7% of the 5.8 3-pointers he attempted per game in his final season at North Carolina. The Thunder would be able to plug-and-play him from the jump.

team logo CELTICS
Kevin Porter Jr. | USC | Fr | SG | 6-6 | 216

From a purely basketball perspective, Porter is a lottery talent who would be a steal for the Celtics, or anybody else, this low in this draft. But he's done very little, and possibly nothing, to eliminate some of the red flags that figure to make selecting him in the lottery a non-starter for some -- not all, but definitely some -- franchises. The 6-6 wing spent part of his freshman season injured, part of it suspended and was something less than the model student-athlete while averaging just 9.5 points in 22.1 minutes per game for a USC team that finished with a losing record. None of that alone means Porter won't emerge as one of the 10 best players from this draft. But some of that is why he's unlikely to be one of the top 10 players selected in this draft.

team logo JAZZ
Admiral Schofield | Tennessee | Sr | SF | 6-5 | 241

Schofield was just a 3-star prospect coming out of high school -- a 6-5 forward from Illinois who wasn't even considered a top-250 recruit in the Class of 2015, according to 247Sports. Now he's 6-6 with a sculpted body and reputation for being a tireless worker who is loved by his coaches, all of which helped him average 16.5 points and 6.1 rebounds this season for a Tennessee team that spent four weeks ranked No. 1. The fact that Schofield made more than 40% of 393 3-point attempts in the past three seasons suggests he'll be a real threat from the perimeter when he gets to the NBA.

team logo 76ERS
Luguentz Dort | Arizona St. | Fr | SG | 6-4 | 222

Dort became just the third consensus top-50 high school prospect to enroll at Arizona State -- joining a list that includes James Harden and Jahii Carson -- and he was a big reason why the Sun Devils made the NCAA Tournament for the second straight year under Bobby Hurley. The 6-4 freshman from Montreal averaged 16.1 points and got to the free-throw line 6.1 times per game. He has a 6-9 wingspan and real desire to guard both quicker and bigger players. His 222-pound frame is rock-solid. And although Dort is not a natural point guard, he did spend part of this season proving he can play on or off the ball, which helped him with scouts.

team logo TRAIL BLAZERS
Grant Williams | Tennessee | Jr | PF | 6-7 | 240

Williams is a two-time SEC Player of the Year who averaged 18.8 points and 7.5 rebounds in 31.9 minutes per game this season. The CBS Sports First Team All-American was so consistently productive that NBA scouts who previously questioned whether what he does will translate to the next level are starting to wonder why it won't. It's true that the 6-7 forward is neither a great athlete nor a serious threat from the perimeter. But Williams really knows how to play. And, more and more often, players who are described that way are carving out roles for themselves in the NBA. Perhaps Williams can be the next.

team logo CAVALIERS
Pick acquired via trade with Houston

Goga Bitadze | Georgia | - | C | 6-11 | 245

Bitadze is the type of skilled big franchises now prefer. He's a 6-11 center who can comfortably step away from the basket and serve as a floor-spacer. What he lacks in athleticism he makes up for with a motor that runs well. And considering Cleveland remains in a total rebuild, drafting a young frontcourt player who can possibly be a building block isn't the worst idea.

team logo NETS
Pick acquired via trade with Denver

KZ Okpala | Stanford | Soph | SF | 6-9 | 210

Okpala's production was significantly up this season. The 6-9 forward averaged 16.8 points and made 36.8% of his 3-point attempts while transforming from a borderline top-45 prospect in the Class of 2017 into a likely first-round pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. One of the keys to that, it should be noted, is that Okpala has gone from a 6-6 forward to a 6-9 forward in a span of two years. So now he looks like a nice combo forward for the way the NBA is currently being played.

team logo WARRIORS
Carsen Edwards | Purdue | Jr | PG | 6-0 | 199

Edwards' incredible performances in the NCAA Tournament — especially his 42-point game against the Virginia team that went on to win the national championship — helped the Purdue junior with NBA front offices, and now he's a likely first-round pick. The 6-0 guard averaged 24.3 points in 35.4 minutes per game this season while shooting 35.5% from 3-point range. At worst, I think, Edwards projects as an instant-offense contributer perfectly suited to come off of the bench for a team filled with shooters like Golden State.

team logo SPURS
Pick acquired via trade with Toronto

Dylan Windler | Belmont | Sr | SG | 6-8 | 196

Windler entered Belmont as a mostly unheralded prospect but is leaving as one of the nation's most productive players. The 6-8 senior averaged 21.3 points and 10.8 rebounds in 33.2 minutes per game this season while registering the nation's 10th-best Player Efficiency Rating and leading the Bruins to their first win in NCAA Tournament history. Beyond that, Windler shot above 42% from 3-point range in each of the past two seasons, which suggests he'll be a reliable shooter in the NBA and a space-the-floor forward.

team logo BUCKS
Eric Paschall | Villanova | Sr | PF | 6-7 | 254

Villanova needed Paschall to elevate his play this season to stay relevant and win a fifth Big East title in a six-year span. He did. So the Wildcats did. And, in the process, the 6-7, 254-pound senior helped himself with NBA scouts by proving he's more than just a role player on a team with four future NBA players, which is kind of what he was previously. Paschall averaged 16.5 points and 6.1 rebounds in 36.1 minutes per game this season. The biggest thing working against him, at this point, is that he's already 22 years old and will turn 23 in November.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:23 am

my thoughts on Parrish's draft above:

If it fell like that ( probably won't) I would be fine with the top two picks

Clarke at 14
Jerome at 20

but at 22 I would use that pick on one of the big men on the board (and Parrish has a few left there)

in order of where they fall on mt combined mock draft ranking

Goga Bitadze- I have him #16

Bruno Fernando- #18

Mfiondu Kabengele- #21

Daniel Gafford- #27

Nicolas Claxton- #34 ( I suspect he will keep moving up until draft day)

right now assuming Danny is drafting to keep all three players , I would ne happy with a draft of

#14- Clarke
#20- Jerome
#22- Kabengele

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:52 am

KyleCleric wrote:2003-

2004-

2005-

2006-
Traded 7 for Sebastian Telfair (Randy Foye)
21: Rajon Rondo (traded 1st that they received from Cleveland for Jiri Welsch)

2007-

2008-

2009-
None

2010-

2011-

2012-

2013-

2014-

2015-

2016-

2017-

2018-

Draft picks reordered
Traded 7 for Sebastian Telfair
4 of these 5 were solid uses of the pick. Telfair only spent one unspectacular year with the team before being part of the KG deal

Young and Banks were busts. Green was traded as part of the KG deal early in his career. A year ago, Rozier looked like a solid pick but this past season was rough. Olynyk really wasn't a bad pick. He's a solid rotation player with the Heat and was a fine player with the Celts. Yabusele looks like he'll be a bust but like Rozier, he still has a chance to turn it around. Avery Bradley and Al Jefferson were great picks.

21: Rajon Rondo

Melo, Zizic, Johnson, Hunter, and Giddens were busts. It is too early to tell for Rob Williams. Jared Sullinger weight issues ultimately left him ineffective and out of the league too early. Perk, Allen, and Delonte were solid rotation on players on good teams. Rondo is probably the best pick that Ainge has made to this point.

Nice work. The only guy that comes to mind that is not on the list is Glen Davis. Like Sully, Big Baby panned out okay at first, but then stupid and the buffet table took over.

I actually thought Sully could have helped us in the 15th roster spot going into the playoffs after the Chinese league closed out their playoffs. Desperation is my name, I guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:26 am

gyso wrote:

Nice work.  The only guy that comes to mind that is not on the list is Glen Davis.  Like Sully, Big Baby panned out okay at first, but then stupid and the buffet table took over.

I actually thought Sully could have helped us in the 15th roster spot going into the playoffs after the Chinese league closed out their playoffs.  Desperation is my name, I guess.

There have been several useful 2nd round picks that he’s taken, Davis, Gomes, Powe, Etwaun Moore.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:01 am

kdp59 wrote:my thoughts on Parrish's draft above:

If it fell like that ( probably won't) I would be fine with the top two picks

Clarke at 14
Jerome at 20

but at 22 I would use that pick on one of the big men on the board (and Parrish has a few left there)

in order of where they fall on mt combined mock draft ranking

Goga Bitadze- I have him #16

Bruno Fernando- #18

Mfiondu Kabengele- #21

Daniel Gafford- #27

Nicolas Claxton- #34 ( I suspect he will keep moving up until draft day)

right now assuming Danny is drafting to keep all three players , I would ne happy with a draft of

#14- Clarke
#20- Jerome
#22- Kabengele

I worry about Jerome being limited defensively because of his lack of length. Clarke would be a fine pick, I guess. His shot supposedly has improved in workouts and athleticism/vertical as well as past college success indicate he should be fine defensively despite the similar length concerns.

I’m probably choosing between Hachimura, Clarke, Bol, and Alexander-Walker at 14. Alexander-Walker would be a good complement to Smart, defend 3 positions, spread the D, and initiate the offense. He probably has highest floor/lowest ceiling of the 4 while immediately able to compete for a rotation spot. If we did take him, there should be better wings and bigs than guards available at 20 and 22 assuming we keep all the picks. The star upside of Hachimura or Bol has to make those 2 options interesting despite their red flags.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:41 am

Alexander-Walker, Dort, Horton-Tucker, Porter JR, and Herro all visiting today

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next