KyleCleric
worcester
bobheckler
20 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Celtic Roster - Page 6 Empty Re: Celtic Roster

Post by bobheckler Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:03 pm

Just a little bit to keep the shakes away...

Some nice touch passes by The Time Lord on this.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:15 pm

Such a beautiful sight, Rob Williams playing smart, athletic basketball, and he is healthy.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:54 am

worcester wrote:Such a beautiful sight, Rob Williams playing smart, athletic basketball, and he is healthy.

Too bad team is hit with covid, RWill, Semi and GWill were all starting to play some really good winning basketball. I’m sure behind the scene TT and Theis have been helping these guys develop.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:35 am

Good/Bad news is that half our team now has covid antibodies...like getting vaxxed.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Vankisa Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:38 am

worcester wrote:Good/Bad news is that half our team now has covid antibodies...like getting vaxxed.

Yeah herd immunity for the Celtics achieved... Wonder if Smart got it again? That would suck for the long term vaccination plans (not for big pharma ofc) if the entire population has to be vaccinated every year.

Vankisa

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:51 am

Doubt that Smart's antibodies wore off that quickly...
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:22 pm

Brian Robb @BrianTRobb
about 3 hours ago
Celtics bench statistics this season compared to the entire NBA: 48.9% FG (2nd) 40.5% 3PT (4th) 5.5 offensive rebounds per game (2nd) 3.8 steals (2nd) 2.9 blocks (2nd) +2.6 net rating (6th)

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:57 pm

So much better than last year's bench.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:11 pm

Sean Grande
@SeanGrandePBP
·
13h
In a deeply trivial yet compellingly bizarre stat from Sunday, Marcus Smart began the day 10th on the TD Garden all-time scoring list.  

And he ended it 10th.

He passed Jayson Tatum, but then got passed himself by Jaylen Brown who went from 11th to 9th in a single game.
Celtic Roster - Page 6 Er_RW5oXIAAPdNy?format=png&name=small

Bob
MY NOTE:  Who had brick-layer Marcus Smart being a top 10 scorer in TD Garden history?  Obviously the Js are going to pass and stay in front of him, but what about other past Celtics?  He only has 9 points to go to pass Eric Williams, so that'll probably come this week (assuming both of the Philly games aren't postponed) and 376 points behind IT (assuming Danny doesn't bring IT back, which appears unlikely at this time).  What's amazing is that, in just 4 years for JT and 5 years for JB, they'll end up this season probably in 5th/6th if not 4th/5th.

These are TD Garden history numbers.  Obviously Bird and Havlicek would be on the list if it included the original Gahden.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:13 pm

Chris Grenham @chrisgrenham
about 6 minutes ago
Celtics second-rounder Yam Madar had 22 points (6/10 FG), five assists and four rebounds today in a win over Hapoel Eilat. Through nine Israeli BSL games this season, he's averaging 15.8 points, 5.3 assists, 1.8 rebounds and 1 steal on 40.9% FG (35.1% 3PT).

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:23 pm

I am betting 2 Shekels he will be a bona fide NBA player, helkacious on D.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:03 pm

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:05 pm

Yam Madar vs Maccabi Tel Aviv.  

22 points, 6 rebounds.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:50 pm

25 points, 7 rebounds, 8 assists.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:52 pm

He's not even 20 yet, is he?
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:04 pm

Adam Himmelsbach @AdamHimmelsbach
about 28 minutes ago
Some details on the offensive development of Grant Williams, who now ranks 12th in the NBA in 3-point shooting among players with at least 20 made shots:

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:13 pm

John Karalis @RedsArmy_John
about 1 hour ago
Interesting stat: Celtics run the 10th-fewest post-ups but are 2nd in the NBA in points per possession. They have 3 of the top 15 PPP post up guys: #1 Thompson (1.47) #4 Brown (1.36) #15 Tatum (1.12)

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:52 am

Adam Himmelsbach @AdamHimmelsbach
3 hours ago
Grant Williams has focused on improving his 3-point shooting but has also worked on expanding his entire offensive game, including studying clips of the post passing of Draymond Green, Al Horford and Boris Diaw:

Bob
MY NOTE:  I don't know about Al, but Boris Diaw is possible and I'd be happy as a clam with that.  Diaw was a halfcourt point forward for Pop.  Diaw was 6'8", 250#, so he's a little taller than Grant and weighs more, but the role might still fit.  Diaw was, in my opinion, greatly underappreciated as a floor general in the half court.  One reason why is because, at 250#, he could bull his way to a layup if you didn't double-team or collapse on him and then he'd pass out to Manu or Parker or one of Pop's other shooters.  Could Grant play bullyball against today's players?  If he's playing 3 he might.  4?  Nope, and certainly not as a smallball 5.  So, getting switches where Grant would find himself with a 1/2/3 defending him in the post would be critical to making this happen.  That's why movement is so important, movement creates mismatches.

And as far as his 3pt shooting goes, heading into tonight's game vs Utah, he's shooting 46.7% from 3. He has already taken almost 50% of all the 3pt fgas he took last season. If you subtract his 0-25 start out of the stats, as a rookie anomaly, he is shooting 38.8% from 3 career.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:47 pm

bobheckler wrote:Adam Himmelsbach @AdamHimmelsbach
about 28 minutes ago
Some details on the offensive development of Grant Williams, who now ranks 12th in the NBA in 3-point shooting among players with at least 20 made shots:

Bob

Nice to see in terms of Williams development. Although not enough, as of yet, to make me want the ball in his hands when we need a close-out 3. I hope it continues.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:40 pm

https://sports.yahoo.com/celtics-2020-stashed-guard-yam-172439261.html

Celtics 2020 stashed guard Yam Madar wants out of his current team

Justin Quinn
Tue, February 9, 2021, 9:24 AM·2 min read

Celtic Roster - Page 6 A5f5721d46dbffe93fb45dd29c9423e3
Yam Madar

All is not well in the Israeli Basketball Premier League for Boston Celtics 2020 NBA draft stashed point guard prospect Yam Madar, it seems.

Per Israeli sports news outlet Sport5’s Omri Manheim, Madar has filed a lawsuit asking for arbitration regarding his release from playing for his current in the Premier League — Hapoel Tel Aviv — at the end of the current season. Madar claims that his team is demanding $700,000 for his release despite the terms of his current deal allegedly allowing him to leave free and clear at the end of this season. Hapoel Tel Aviv is reportedly disputing this account, and interpretation.

The Israeli floor general has looked very good with Hapoel Tel Aviv despite their poor showing in Premier League standings, perhaps even good enough to make the move to the NBA next season.

This may be part of what brought this issue to a hilt, as perhaps could be Madar’s status as one of the few bright spots in an otherwise unremarkable season for Hapoel Tel Aviv.

Both sides claim the language in Madar’s contract supports their view of the situation; hopefully the bitter turn of the future Celtic’s tenure with his current team can be resolved amicably in or out of arbitration.

Bob
MY NOTE:  Hello Yam, farewell Tremont?

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:09 pm

Sounds like the Celtics are about to get stuck with a tab for $700,000 plus legal fees. I hope he's worth it.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:43 pm

I have not seen much from Tremont that makes me believe he is worthy of sticking around here. I feel he is gone this year one way or another. Much as I like when Javonte Green does some beautiful athletic move, he has not proven worthy of guaranteeing that contract.

Nesmith???? he is a mystery, it is a shame Maine did not open up this year at all because this kid needs to get on the floor and play basketbali. I have to wonder if Edwards was not being showcased alot last week

Something has to give, Danny has to do something and shake things up. I just hope Smart is not the piece he is dangling to get someone decent here
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:20 am

https://hardwoodhoudini.com/2021/02/09/boston-celtics-second-round-pick/

Boston Celtics 2020 second-round pick has nowhere to go

by Andrew Hughes

Drama and uncertainty are engulfing the career of 2020 Boston Celtics second-round pick Yam Madar at the moment.

The Israeli floor general, picked 47th this past November by the Cs, is facing some monetary issues with his current team, Hapoel Tel Aviv:

Madar has filed a lawsuit asking for arbitration regarding his release from playing for his current in the Premier League — Hapoel Tel Aviv — at the end of the current season. Madar claims that his team is demanding $700,000 for his release despite the terms of his current deal allegedly allowing him to leave free and clear at the end of this season. Hapoel Tel Aviv is reportedly disputing this account, and interpretation.

Contracts in the NBA are too ironclad to see this sort of thing happen, but for a smaller league such as the Israeli Premier League, this is a somewhat commonplace practice. Even the bigger soccer (or football for the Houdini’s international readers) leagues such as the EPL and Seria A will have team-player relations turn bitter.

This season is not the ideal season for Madar to be apart of such dysfunction, though. Unlike in past years, he cannot come stateside and have a spot in the Boston Celtics organization via the G-League.

With the Maine Red Claws opting out of the upcoming Lake Buena Vista bubble from Walt Disney World’s Wide World of Sports complex, there are fewer chances for the Cs to assess talent to fill out the roster’s fringes.

Without the Red Claws, Tacko Fall and Tremont Waters would have missed out on valuable development opportunities. This year is different, though. The pandemic is taking its toll on sports, just as it has in every other facet of life for the past eleven months.

If Madar can’t fix things with Hapoel Tel Aviv, he won’t have a roster spot with the Boston Celtics. With the G-League not an option, he may have to stay stashed.

Bob
MY NOTE: It'd be good if Nesmith could get some reps in with Maine. It would also have been nice for Yam Madar too. Either way neither of these players will move the needle like we'd like it to move, not this year at least.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:49 pm

Jay King @ByJayKing
about 1 hour ago
Brad Stevens said there’s no doubt Aaron Nesmith will get opportunities. Said Nesmith’s work ethic is excellent, he’s in the gym first every day, and he’s made great strides already even though he’s not getting minutes.

Bob
MY NOTE: "Made great strides"? Sounds to me like he was underwhelming from the get-go and is now, finally, showing Brad something.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:12 pm

NYCelt wrote:Sounds like the Celtics are about to get stuck with a tab for $700,000 plus legal fees. I hope he's worth it.

I see no good reason to buy out the kid's contract. Boston drafted him so he is a guy that they have first dibs on. There is no room on the roster for him right now and he should finish the year over there and maybe head to the states this summer.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next