prakash
international
Matty
11 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Tristian Thompson Traded - Page 2 Empty Re: Tristian Thompson Traded

Post by prakash Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:08 pm

Wow! Accumulating expiring contracts, flipping players, making moves. Interesting what Brad is doing.

Clearly this is just the beginning. Richardson, Nesmith, Langford and Smart, that is just too mant 6'4"/6'5" guards/wings. Based upon gyso's post, in 2 months, they can combine Richardson's 11.6 with 5 of Dunn to target a $16M+ player! Possible a way to aggregate the TPEs to go after a bigger salary player? Clever.

prakash

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:35 pm

These moves appear to be driven by the bottom line.  We will soon find out.  

Using the big TPE on Richardson may signal that the Celtics have already decided not to resign EF or it may mean that they have another deal in play.  I just do not see them adding Richardson's salary and then turning around and resigning EF.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by prakash Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:26 am

bobheckler wrote:Bruno Fernando is 6'9", 240#.  Hey Prakash!  You wanted a PF?  Here ya go.

$1.8M contract.   QO next year.

Bob

Don't know much about him. Will go with your enthusiasm. Still have my sights set upon Rudy Gay.

prakash

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:13 am

prakash wrote:
bobheckler wrote:Bruno Fernando is 6'9", 240#.  Hey Prakash!  You wanted a PF?  Here ya go.

Bob

Don't know much about him.  Will go with your enthusiasm.  Still have my sights set upon Rudy Gay.

Prakash,

I don't know how enthusiastic I am about him, but he is a PF and not an undersized one like GWill.

He's only 22, has only played 2 years, so he's eligible to play in our summer league.  I would encourage him to do it.

I find it odd that I cannot find any source that lists his wingspan. Judging from this highlight film he looks like he has a good one, but who knows?

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by prakash Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:16 pm

bobheckler wrote:
prakash wrote:

Bob

Don't know much about him.  Will go with your enthusiasm.  Still have my sights set upon Rudy Gay.

Prakash,

I don't know how enthusiastic I am about him, but he is a PF and not an undersized one like GWill.

He's only 22, has only played 2 years, so he's eligible to play in our summer league.  I would encourage him to do it.

I find it odd that I cannot find any source that lists his wingspan.  Judging from this highlight film he looks like he has a good one, but who knows?

Bob

Tristian Thompson Traded - Page 2 1f44d

prakash

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:31 pm

It looks like Tristan Thompson shouldn't unpack.   Word is he's being flipped to Sacto.  Poor bastard.   Well, at least he'll be only a shuttle flight away from Kourtney and his child.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:57 pm

Adam Himmelsbach
@AdamHimmelsbach
·
21h
Kris Dunn would provide some backcourt depth for the Celtics but I've been hearing tonight that Boston could look to move him in a separate deal.

Bob
MY NOTE:  I'm  not going to even try to keep track of our roster right now, I'm gonna let Brad's dust storm settle a bit first.   Feel free.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:37 pm

bobheckler wrote:Adam Himmelsbach
@AdamHimmelsbach
·
21h
Kris Dunn would provide some backcourt depth for the Celtics but I've been hearing tonight that Boston could look to move him in a separate deal.

Bob
MY NOTE:  I'm  not going to even try to keep track of our roster right now, I'm gonna let Brad's dust storm settle a bit first.   Feel free.

I'd wait until training camp, but even then "The Storm" may not be over.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:07 pm

My guess is they see something in Bruno that made them feel compelled to let go of Moses Brown, who is a legit 7 ft presence of potential.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:44 pm

Hope you are right Cow.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:48 pm

Hey Bob, you do not stay up with the rumor mill.  Tristan Thompson and “whichever” Kardashian broke up. He cheated on her.  But he is sharing custody of the child so he is closer
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:51 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Hey Bob, you do not stay up with the rumor mill.  Tristan Thompson and “whichever” Kardashian  broke up. He cheated on her.  But he is sharing custody of the child so he is closer

You mean he's not keeping up with the Kardashians?

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:04 pm

Guess not. Only reason I know is my son was telling me was a womanizer Thompson was, had been caught more than once by her. She does not need him, she’s rich enough on her own. Oh well, a world I really do not care to know much about
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:23 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:My guess is they see something in Bruno that made them feel compelled to let go of Moses Brown, who is a legit 7 ft presence of potential.

Cow

The Celtics are working with a razor thin budget. My guess is that they need $1 - 1.5 million to sign Yammy. Note all of these moves are designed to keep the team below the tax line but still address roster building moves.

With regards to Bruno, I had 3 big guys on my draft board during the 2019 draft. Bruno was one of them because I thought we really needed a big man and he averaged 13.6 PPG, 10.8 rebounds and almost 2 blocks at Maryland as a sophomore. He is a project but he does possess some undeniable physical attributes. He's got a 7' 4.25 " wingspan, is a physical specimen and only 22 years old.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:53 pm

dboss wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:My guess is they see something in Bruno that made them feel compelled to let go of Moses Brown, who is a legit 7 ft presence of potential.

Cow

The Celtics are working with a razor thin budget.  My guess is that they need $1 - 1.5 million to sign Yammy.  Note all of these moves are designed to keep the team below the tax line but still address roster building moves.

With regards to Bruno, I had 3 big guys on my draft board during the 2019 draft.  Bruno was one of them because I thought we really needed a big man and he averaged 13.6 PPG, 10.8 rebounds and almost 2 blocks at Maryland as a sophomore.  He is a project but he does possess some undeniable physical attributes.  He's got a 7' 4.25 " wingspan, is a physical specimen and only 22 years old.

I’m sorry who is Yammy? I followed Bruno in the draft too, can definitely do some dirty work, but thought Brown was a great move and was looking forward to seeing him with 2 J’s. Still disappointed he’s gone, oh well, hope Bruno can play and RWill has got to stay healthy….

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:19 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
dboss wrote:

Cow

The Celtics are working with a razor thin budget.  My guess is that they need $1 - 1.5 million to sign Yammy.  Note all of these moves are designed to keep the team below the tax line but still address roster building moves.

With regards to Bruno, I had 3 big guys on my draft board during the 2019 draft.  Bruno was one of them because I thought we really needed a big man and he averaged 13.6 PPG, 10.8 rebounds and almost 2 blocks at Maryland as a sophomore.  He is a project but he does possess some undeniable physical attributes.  He's got a 7' 4.25 " wingspan, is a physical specimen and only 22 years old.

I’m sorry who is Yammy? I followed Bruno in the draft too, can definitely do some dirty work, but thought Brown was a great move and was looking forward to seeing him with 2 J’s. Still disappointed he’s gone, oh well, hope Bruno can play and RWill has got to stay healthy….

Cow,

"Yammy" Madar?

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:04 pm

Oh right thanks bob

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:33 pm

Sh.t the Mavs just got a lot better, Porzingus is a shooter, but we all know of his inability to stay on the floor; having a young big that can defend/board and run the floor on a great contract could potentially really help that team. Already seeing lobs from Doncic to Moses.

Wish we had an owner like Cuban or Balmer that spends with no regrets. If we did get rid of Moses Brown because of finances/being cheap, that is a low down dirty shame. It’s obvious we need depth and talent at the 5 with RWill’s durability issues and Horford’s age. This kid has so much upside, easily a double-double machine if he can get the minutes.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:35 pm

Guess they wouldn’t take Grant or Semi, Cuban is no dummy

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:36 pm

Sh.t I thought his name was Yadar lol

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:06 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:Guess they wouldn’t take Grant or Semi, Cuban is no dummy
Or Edwards.

Sure hope trading MB does not come back and bite us on the arse.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:13 am

dboss wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:Guess they wouldn’t take Grant or Semi, Cuban is no dummy
Or Edwards.

Sure hope trading MB does not come back and bite us on the arse.

I’m sick over this, was just on the phone with Steve, he was dumbfounded too on why we would include Brown in that trade. It’s easier to find another good veteran wing, than find a young moblie 7’2” center with upside like this kid. What a dumbass Brad is….

Fire Brad is starting NOW

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:35 am

cowens/oldschool wrote: Fire Brad is starting NOW

Carefull Cow that sort of talk can stick with ya for a long... long time.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:59 am

Matty wrote:

A lot of fans on Celtics Blog are also outraged that we just rid of a 7’2” big kid with so much potential at a position we need depth with RWill so fragile and AH’s age. Anyone know why Bruno got so little minutes last year? I like his highlights, looks like he can play, but he rarely got on the floor…???

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:20 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
Matty wrote:

A lot of fans on Celtics Blog are also outraged that we just rid of a 7’2” big kid with so much potential at a position we need depth with RWill so fragile and AH’s age. Anyone know why Bruno got so little minutes last year? I like his highlights, looks like he can play, but he rarely got on the floor…???

I think I read (also on CelticsBlog) that Bruno was behind two other players (Clint Capela, Onyeka Okongwu?), so he didn't get much play.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next