prakash
international
Matty
11 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Tristian Thompson Traded - Page 4 Empty Re: Tristian Thompson Traded

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:53 pm

Bob your better than that, I’m sure you know throughout history PF’s have also not shied away from the rebounding responsibility and in fact reveled in it; was part of their DNA/identity to be a complete load on the boards. Guys like Barkley, Silas, Bird, Karl Malone, Rodman, Duncan, KG routinely led their teams and the led the league in rebounding from the PF position. Doesn’t matter what you classify them Semi and Grant, they are not 1-3 and they can’t rebound for sh.t…!!!

One of our biggest weaknesses is we don’t have a board eating beast at the 4 or 5. RWill had some glimmers, but the guy can’t be counted on for 32 minutes a night right now, until proven otherwise. In a division with Embid, Giannis and even Capella, that can be a problem. This years Finals also showed if your bigger and better in the paint, that can be a huge advantage that can be exploited over and over until the other team comes up with a counter or better plan. Well the Suns couldn’t and Giannis led the charge in a beautiful beatdown that the Suns were powerless to stop, even though they had games where they shot the ball impeccably and still got pounded in the paint and lost. I don’t know what your vision is, but this team needed the potential of a guy that can eat minutes at the 5 and is a legit 7’2” and his best attribute is rebounding. You said he may not be that good, I’ll settle for a hustling poor mans version of Jarrett Allen, that could still help us against the brutes.

Right now Stevens just weakened the team to compete in the paint with Milwaukee and Philly. Even Nets and Knicks have more size/bigs than us. We have a guy RWill who we don’t even know if he can avg 25 minutes a game? Al Horford has never been a board eater the last few years and he’s 35. Go root for Kelly O you softie….

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:36 pm

The deal was finalized and announced today, without changes.  There has been talk that Kris Dunn was being shopped by Brad and I was wondering why we hadn't heard anything more.  It's because he technically wasn't Brad's asset until today.   Now we'll see if the rumors were true or not.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:51 am

Good I think Bruno can help us, thinking he’s one of these players that just needs an opportunity, glad we have some depth now behind RWill with Kantor and Bruno. I can see Bruno developing into a very good rebounder/defender.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4