Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Tristian Thompson Traded - Page 3 Empty Re: Tristian Thompson Traded

Post by bobheckler Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:36 pm

gyso wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:
Matty wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote: Fire Brad is starting NOW

Carefull Cow that sort of talk can stick with ya for a long... long time.

A lot of fans on Celtics Blog are also outraged that we just rid of a 7’2” big kid with so much potential at a position we need depth with RWill so fragile and AH’s age. Anyone know why Bruno got so little minutes last year? I like his highlights, looks like he can play, but he rarely got on the floor…???

I think I read (also on CelticsBlog) that Bruno was behind two other players (Clint Capela, Onyeka Okongwu?), so he didn't get much play.

gyso,

Capela was the starter and Okongwu was the #6 pick so, yeah, 2nd round pick Bruno Fernando would be behind them.  Okongwu was 'inactive' for the first 10 games of the year with a shoulder injury.  Bruno played a total of 226 minutes last season and 84 or so of them were in those first 10 games that Okongwu was injured.  After Okongwu came back he started ramping up his minutes and Bruno's minutes started to become spotty.  How much of this is "Okongwu was the better player so of course he's going to play more" and how much is "Okongwu was our #6 pick so we need to develop him asap and worry about Bruno's development later" I don't know, but I can't blame them for them giving Okongwu the minutes once he was ready to play either way.

What I'm liking, and this is admittedly superficial, is that Bruno is 6'9" tall (a legit PF height), 240# (a legit PF weight) and has a 7'4" wingspan.  Compare that to Grant Williams @ 6'7" with a 6'10" wingspan and the same weight.  The question mark is Bruno's BBIQ.  Maybe Dboss or Matty or one of our Atlanta members can speak to that.  Grant has a high BBIQ, it is his greatest asset by far.  How's Bruno's?  I cannot see Ime giving him a lot of minutes if he keeps blowing his role in offensive sets or defensive rotations because he's not a smart player.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:18 pm

Bruno on highlights sure looks a he!! alot better than Semi and GWill, he’s a real 4-5; with RWills history and Al’s age we are gonna need him, so this comes down to Bruno and Richardson for Moses Brown. Josh Richardson is a hard nosed productive vet, see him more as a 2, very good glue guy and defender; right now he’s a better all around player than RL or AN. Smart JR Jaylen Jayson RWill should be a productive defensive force together. With the opportunity hopefully Bruno’s game will grow with this franchise.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:30 pm

bobheckler wrote:
gyso wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:
Matty wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote: Fire Brad is starting NOW

Carefull Cow that sort of talk can stick with ya for a long... long time.

A lot of fans on Celtics Blog are also outraged that we just rid of a 7’2” big kid with so much potential at a position we need depth with RWill so fragile and AH’s age. Anyone know why Bruno got so little minutes last year? I like his highlights, looks like he can play, but he rarely got on the floor…???

I think I read (also on CelticsBlog) that Bruno was behind two other players (Clint Capela, Onyeka Okongwu?), so he didn't get much play.

gyso,

Capela was the starter and Okongwu was the #6 pick so, yeah, 2nd round pick Bruno Fernando would be behind them.  Okongwu was 'inactive' for the first 10 games of the year with a shoulder injury.  Bruno played a total of 226 minutes last season and 84 or so of them were in those first 10 games that Okongwu was injured.  After Okongwu came back he started ramping up his minutes and Bruno's minutes started to become spotty.  How much of this is "Okongwu was the better player so of course he's going to play more" and how much is "Okongwu was our #6 pick so we need to develop him asap and worry about Bruno's development later" I don't know, but I can't blame them for them giving Okongwu the minutes once he was ready to play either way.

What I'm liking, and this is admittedly superficial, is that Bruno is 6'9" tall (a legit PF height), 240# (a legit PF weight) and has a 7'4" wingspan.  Compare that to Grant Williams @ 6'7" with a 6'10" wingspan and the same weight.  The question mark is Bruno's BBIQ.  Maybe Dboss or Matty or one of our Atlanta members can speak to that.  Grant has a high BBIQ, it is his greatest asset by far.  How's Bruno's?  I cannot see Ime giving him a lot of minutes if he keeps blowing his role in offensive sets or defensive rotations because he's not a smart player.

Bob

Right bob, also had John Collins and Danilo Gallinari as a stretch 4 in the rotation. On film it sure looks like Bruno has the right attributes to do the necessary dirty work as a 4-5. Never seen Semi or Grant run the floor and finish/dunk with authority like that, never seen them do close to that. Only 22, this is his shot, we are gonna need him.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:38 pm

Just watched the Bruno highlights. Never saw Grant or Semi play like that Cow. You are right.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:02 pm

Brad must have something more planned. No way you go into the season with your list of bigs being Horford, RWIII, and some guy named Bruno who fell off the back of the truck (reference to hot or questionable merchandise for those under 40).
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:43 pm

Letting go of Moses without a plan B makes no sense to me. There must be a plan B.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:25 pm

worcester wrote:Just watched the Bruno highlights. Never saw Grant or Semi play like that Cow. You are right.

Those guys cannot rebound, rarely block shots and can’t finish for sh.t, for an occasional 3, you still need PF’s to do damage in the paint. Those guys can’t do that.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:23 am

@KeithSmithNBA
No idea what has things held up, but it looks like the Boston-Atlanta-Sacramento trade will not process today, and will not process as part of the 2020-21 league year.

For the Celtics, this means Kris Dunn will not go into the Enes Kanter TPE. That TPE will expire unused.

How this will change the terms of the deal is unknown. Boston can fit the 2021-22 salaries of both Kris Dunn and Bruno Fernando into the Kemba Walker TPE. That would create a $9.7M TPE for Tristan Thompson.

All three teams have engaged on expanding the deal too. Now, it’s TBD!

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:33 am

We need Bruno

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:04 am

gyso wrote:@KeithSmithNBA
No idea what has things held up, but it looks like the Boston-Atlanta-Sacramento trade will not process today, and will not process as part of the 2020-21 league year.

For the Celtics, this means Kris Dunn will not go into the Enes Kanter TPE. That TPE will expire unused.

How this will change the terms of the deal is unknown. Boston can fit the 2021-22 salaries of both Kris Dunn and Bruno Fernando into the Kemba Walker TPE. That would create a $9.7M TPE for Tristan Thompson.

All three teams have engaged on expanding the deal too. Now, it’s TBD!

gyso,

I would love to know why it fell through. Everybody knew a TPE was involved, was there a failure of communications as to when it expired? Did someone get cold feet and decide they wanted more from the deal? Maybe they were testing newbie Brad? Inquiring minds want to know!

The rumors are that Kris Dunn is going to be moved again. IF TRUE, then it really doesn't matter inre the TPE since we would have to take on salary in the next Dunn-to-Team X trade.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:16 am

On the Josh Richardson trade, Brown is now going to Milwaukee??
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:19 am

Can we get Brown back from the Bucks somehow?

Brad has really impressed me with his smarts this draft/trading season. Ditto Mike Zarren.

BTW, last night I dreamed about Mike Zarren. I have no idea what he looks like, but I dreamed about him, a sure sign that I am overdosing on my Celtics addiction. Amy Adams was also in the dream, semi-naked, and furiously coming on to me. Yes, I am delusional.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:34 am

worcester wrote:Can we get Brown back from the Bucks somehow?

Brad has really impressed me with his smarts this draft/trading season. Ditto Mike Zarren.

BTW, last night I dreamed about Mike Zarren. I have no idea what he looks like, but I dreamed about him, a sure sign that I am overdosing on my Celtics addiction. Amy Adams was also in the dream, semi-naked, and furiously coming on to me. Yes, I am delusional.

worcester,

Considering we're heading on a trip together next month I'm just glad you didn't dream Mike Zarren was semi-naked and coming on to you furiously.  Either way, and in every other way regarding this issue, you are delusional.

As far as Brown and all the deep, heartfelt sighs of longing that we're hearing on this board from his leaving goes let me point out a few things:

1.  He was undrafted.  7'2" 245#, went to a good program (UCLA) and wasn't even in the top 60.
2.  He put up good numbers on a very, very bad team.
3.  He's cheaper than cheap for a young big, and yet he's getting passed around like a party girl.
4.  Dallas has Zinger, Boban, Kleber and Powell, and Brown couldn't find a spot on that roster?
5.  Al Horford knows Moses Brown very well from OKC and I'm sure he spoke to Brad.
6.  He had an amazing half against us, and then completely disappeared in the 2nd half.

Maybe carefully sculpted highlight films and one half of eye-popping ball don't tell the whole story.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:58 am

Maybe a sign of desperation on behalf of the fans that Moses or Fernando are even being thought of as being important in any way.

No indication either is anything more than a bargain bin player.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:19 am

Bob and NYC - more evidence we need a 5 - although Al may surprise many of us with how well he fits into the 2021-22 version of the Celtics. He's no slouch.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:41 am

NYCelt wrote:Brad must have something more planned. No way you go into the season with your list of bigs being Horford, RWIII, and some guy named Bruno who fell off the back of the truck (reference to hot or questionable merchandise for those under 40).

NYCelt,

What if he "fell off the back of the turnip truck"?  Then he's not illegally obtained goods, he's a country bumpkin.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:50 am

Well we need depth a 5 and GWill, Semi, Tacko and Kornet all don’t cut it. Be nice to have a young budding center we can grow with….

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:58 am

bobheckler wrote:

worcester,

Considering we're heading on a trip together next month I'm just glad you didn't dream Mike Zarren was semi-naked and coming on to you furiously.  Either way, and in every other way regarding this issue, you are delusional.

As far as Brown and all the deep, heartfelt sighs of longing that we're hearing on this board from his leaving goes let me point out a few things:

1.  He was undrafted.  7'2" 245#, went to a good program (UCLA) and wasn't even in the top 60.
3.  He's cheaper than cheap for a young big, and yet he's getting passed around like a party girl.
4.  Dallas has Zinger, Boban, Kleber and Powell, and Brown couldn't find a spot on that roster?
5.  Al Horford knows Moses Brown very well from OKC and I'm sure he spoke to Brad.
6.  He had an amazing half against us, and then completely disappeared in the 2nd half.

Maybe carefully sculpted highlight films and one half of eye-popping ball don't tell the whole story.

Bob

He also had some big games against other teams. Against us had 19 rebounds in the first half, finished with 23, 19 boards in a half is still pretty good. My eye test tells me he can clog the lane, protect the rim, rebound, run the floor and catch alley opps. Oh and you love offensive rebounding and he’s 21, was worth a shot IMHO.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:12 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

worcester,

Bob

He also had some big games against other teams. Against us had 19 rebounds in the first half, finished with 23, 19 boards in a half is still pretty good. My eye test tells me he can clog the lane, protect the rim, rebound, run the floor and catch alley opps. Oh and you love offensive rebounding and he’s 21, was worth a shot IMHO.

Cow,

Yeah, 19 in a half and only4 in the 2nd is pretty much disappearing and, yes, I adore offensive rebounding.  Look, I'm not saying I'm glad he's gone.  What I'm saying is that maybe he isn't the savior many of us are suggesting he would be.  Putting up good numbers on a bad team doesn't tell you much especially since OKC traded away Moses and Horford, both of their centers.  Unloading Horford's contract makes sense but why would they give up on the kid they started in his place unless they know stuff we don't?

OKC traded away their starting center (who could have at least dropped back to the bench if they got a veteran younger than Horford).  Brad traded away Moses and now the rumors are he's being traded by Dallas to Minny?  If that last rumor is true there is almost certainly more here than is meeting our eyes.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:37 pm

Bob, 4 in at the second half of a game in which his team was getting clobbered by the Celtics. but it wasn't the Celtics centers who were doing the clobbering. In that game RWill had 14 RB, 9 points, Tacko, 5 RB, 4 points, Grant 7 RB, 2 points, and Mo 1 RB, 2 points. Also Luke with 5 RB and 8 points.

Moses stacked up damn well against our bigs with 23 RB and 21 points in 32:44. Maybe he didn't play so many minutes in the second half when Jayson, Jaylen, Payton, and even Carsen were scoring from outside the paint.

Anyways, water under the bridge. Moses has crossed the Red Sea.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:59 pm

worcester wrote:Bob, 4 in at the second half of a game in which his team was getting clobbered by the Celtics. but it wasn't the Celtics centers who were doing the clobbering. In that game RWill had 14 RB,  9 points, Tacko, 5 RB, 4 points, Grant 7 RB, 2 points, and Mo 1 RB, 2 points. Also Luke with 5 RB and 8 points.

Moses stacked up damn well against our bigs with 23 RB and 21 points in 32:44. Maybe he didn't play so many minutes in the second half when Jayson, Jaylen, Payton, and even Carsen were scoring from outside the paint.

Anyways, water under the bridge. Moses has crossed the Red Sea.

worcester,

Yes, I guess he would have to fly over some pretty conservative states to get to Texas wouldn't he?

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:49 pm

bobheckler wrote:
NYCelt wrote:Brad must have something more planned. No way you go into the season with your list of bigs being Horford, RWIII, and some guy named Bruno who fell off the back of the truck (reference to hot or questionable merchandise for those under 40).

NYCelt,

What if he "fell off the back of the turnip truck"?  Then he's not illegally obtained goods, he's a country bumpkin.

Bob

Bob,

Good point.

Even better if he's a country bumpkin that can board and play some D.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:55 pm

conversation getting kind of scary here. Worcester, Mike Zarren is a single guy, kind of handsome!!! Maybe you want him to work some kind of a deal for you, he is a master at that. As far as the girl in your dream???? I am not touching that one with a ten foot pole. Get some good sleep my friend, if you are travelling soon with Bob. He will keep you moving!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:25 pm

bobheckler wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

worcester,

Bob

Cow,

Yeah, 19 in a half and only4 in the 2nd is pretty much disappearing and, yes, I adore offensive rebounding.  Look, I'm not saying I'm glad he's gone.  What I'm saying is that maybe he isn't the savior many of us are suggesting he would be.  Putting up good numbers on a bad team doesn't tell you much especially since OKC traded away Moses and Horford, both of their centers.  Unloading Horford's contract makes sense but why would they give up on the kid they started in his place unless they know stuff we don't?

OKC traded away their starting center (who could have at least dropped back to the bench if they got a veteran younger than Horford).  Brad traded away Moses and now the rumors are he's being traded by Dallas to Minny?  If that last rumor is true there is almost certainly more here than is meeting our eyes.

Bob

Bob 4 in a half and another 4 is 8. So 4 in a half is half of 8, that’s not so bad. GWill and Semi will never avg 8 a game or 4 each half.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:35 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
bobheckler wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

worcester,

Bob

Cow,

Bob

Bob 4 in a half and another 4 is 8. So 4 in a half is half of 8, that’s not so bad. GWill and Semi will never avg 8 a game or 4 each half.

Cow,

A false choice.   Nobody is comparing  a bona-fide 5 with a couple of undersized 4s except you.

Bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next