SPORTS OTHER THAN PRO BASKETBALL (AN ONGOING THREAD)

+11
LACELTFAN
swedeinestonia
celtic fan
RosalieTCeltics
bobc33
steve3344
Outside
beat
NYCelt
MustangGator
Sam
15 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

SPORTS OTHER THAN PRO BASKETBALL (AN ONGOING THREAD) - Page 5 Empty Re: SPORTS OTHER THAN PRO BASKETBALL (AN ONGOING THREAD)

Post by Sam Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:10 pm

Outside,

Unbelievable! I needed oxygen just watching it.

The way those guys can pass the ball, they all ought to go into politics.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

SPORTS OTHER THAN PRO BASKETBALL (AN ONGOING THREAD) - Page 5 Empty Re: SPORTS OTHER THAN PRO BASKETBALL (AN ONGOING THREAD)

Post by NYCelt Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:46 pm

After today's events it's highly doubtful there's an NBA season for 2011-2012.

So...let's move on to other things...

Monday night game is a division rivalry; Packers vs. Vikings.

Green Bay has been as good as it gets so far, their only weakness may be the defensive secondary; pass defense has been terrible.

Aaron Rodgers is the top QB in the league throwing to a group of talented receivers and they have a solid running game.

Minnesota has Peterson on the ground and Christian Ponder looks like a promising young QB.

I think we'll see a strong pass rush from the Packers frustrate Ponder and Aaron Rodgers will continue the blistering air attack set up by the threat of the run.

As I wrote that last line the Packers returned a Minnesota punt for a TD, after forcing The Vikings to go three and out on the game's first possession.

The Packers have to be a big favorite here. Long night to come for the Vikes at Lambeau.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:52 am

Big Patriots fan here NY, but I do love football though not as much as basketball! I find it hard to completely put the Celtics out of my mind, I feel
they will have a reduced season, after January. What good that does I don't
know.

Boston is a ghost town on the days that games were scheduled, some of those businesses are really hurting, so the effects of this strike or whatever
you want to call it now, are far reaching. I wonder how many people will lose their jobs because of this. Sad.....
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:42 pm

Rosalie,

You mentioned something that BobC also brought up; the economic effect on many businesses and individuals in the Boston area. I think you brought up what is truly and sadly the worst part of all this. The owners and players will get past this. We fans will survive as well. Those who have built some or all of their livelyhood on the Celtics games will feel the strain in a way that is much worse. Compound that with those adversely affected in the other NBA cities and the consequences of this ownership vs players squabble has a number of innocent victims and real monetary loss.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5